Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 2011Teenagemom Part 18

Unread post by gypsophila »

Lovemehatemexo wrote:
And so can other traits.
Nobody is claiming to be an expert. But your saying she shows no signs of autism. Are you an expert?
You are contradicting yourself. I'm just saying. I don't think she has autism either.
Nobody is going to diagnosis a 3 yr old yet anyways.
I live with an expert. I asked her to look at videos. ;) Even so, I would trust VANESSA and her own DOCTORS more than anything anyone says on the internet. And really, no one should take anyone's opinion as fact. Logic however, really can't be argued. Diagnosis of autism happens before 3 years old. Signs can show up quite early. By 3 they are confirmed. If you don't think she has autism why are you arguing for it?
“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.”- Buddha
Cough
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Cough »

Whoops, a list was already posted. But, as for the shapes thing, I think that honestly is just Vanessa pushing her to parrot everything she says. Everyone wants their kid to be special, but let's face it, Lily is not in that way.. When Vanessa said, "Oh Lily can count to 10" Or whatever number.. She could barely count to two.... Vanessa had to actually help her count to two.
Snow White
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Snow White »

gypsophila wrote:
Lovemehatemexo wrote:
And so can other traits.
Nobody is claiming to be an expert. But your saying she shows no signs of autism. Are you an expert?
You are contradicting yourself. I'm just saying. I don't think she has autism either.
I live with an expert. I asked her to look at videos. ;) Even so, I would trust VANESSA and her own DOCTORS more than anything anyone says on the internet. And really, no one should take anyone's opinion as fact. Logic however, really can't be argued. Diagnosis of autism happens before 3 years old. Signs can show up quite early. By 3 they are confirmed. If you don't think she has autism why are you arguing for it?
There is no RULE saying autism must be diagnosed by 3. There is a boy in my daughters class who was just diagnosed at 8. Again, the spectrum is large. Usually severe cases are diagnosed early, less severe cases can be missed in those 10 minutes with a Pediatrician... :?
gypsophila
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Rather than an uneducated viewpoint, at least watch the video. :

Taking things about Lily and trying to fit them into symptoms of a disorder you don't truly know about is pointless. Watching Frozen repeatedly is not a sign of autism. LMAO.
Snow White
Gossiper
Gossiper

Cough wrote:1) speech delay
2) poor social skills (not interested in other children or people)
3) the blank stare, as if they are in their own world
4) echolalia, repeating words or phrases back

Some signs, since some people were practically begging for them. I don't know if she has autism, and I don't really care either way. I think Vanessa has it hard enough already with Lily to be honest.

I agree. I would never wish hardship on a child. However I feel like it's something Vanessa should keep in mind, rule out if she can.
And can people PLEASE stop acting like autism is death sentence?! Jesus Christ, you're all hypocrites in the way you freak out over the mention of autism. May your life be free of any autism, as I fear if you are half as hateful in real life as you are on this board, you would cause a child a great deal of heartbreak!

Some of you climb on that soap box and preach about the monsters saying Lily isn't cute, well look in the mirror! You are worse for your views on autism!
Snow White
Gossiper
Gossiper

gypsophila wrote:Rather than an uneducated viewpoint, at least watch the video. :

Taking things about Lily and trying to fit them into symptoms of a disorder you don't truly know about is pointless. Watching Frozen repeatedly is not a sign of autism. LMAO.
Professing to know everything about a child you watch on YT for 10 mins a day makes you a Expert on all things lily, got it!
I won't waste time with you video. I'm sure we can ALL find a YT video to "prove" we know best ;)
Cough
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Cough »

gypsophila wrote:Rather than an uneducated viewpoint, at least watch the video. :

Lol. You act like everyone here has never heard of autism. Stop acting all high and mighty. Damn.
msliss
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by msliss »

gypsophila wrote:
Lovemehatemexo wrote:
And so can other traits.
I agree the Developmental pediatrician and early intervention we are working with say 1/2-3 is a really good age to get evaluated.
Cough
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Cough »

Snow White wrote:

Some signs, since some people were practically begging for them. I don't know if she has autism, and I don't really care either way. I think Vanessa has it hard enough already with Lily to be honest.

I agree. I would never wish hardship on a child. However I feel like it's something Vanessa should keep in mind, rule out if she can.
And can people PLEASE stop acting like autism is death sentence?! Jesus Christ, you're all hypocrites in the way you freak out over the mention of autism. May your life be free of any autism, as I fear if you are half as hateful in real life as you are on this board, you would cause a child a great deal of heartbreak!

Some of you climb on that soap box and preach about the monsters saying Lily isn't cute, well look in the mirror! You are worse for your views on autism!
My son has autism. In a way, it can be a death sentence if it is severe. You are talking about kids who will never have jobs, get married, have children of their own, let alone talk by themselves. (If that was even directed towards me). I don't know who is talking to who on this anymore.
Freaksngeeks
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Freaksngeeks »

gypsophila wrote:
Lovemehatemexo wrote:
And so can other traits.
Well I didn't know you were discussing it with a expert. (Maybe I missed that post). Remember expert opinions can also vary. I've been to certain doctors that say one thing & another that say the opposite.

The only reason I said something is because I thought you were contradicting yourself.

I'm not arguing for it. Read my posts. However I can see why they think she may be. However those things could be a ton of other things. I guess you can say I'm open to the idea.
Snow White
Gossiper
Gossiper

Cough wrote:
Snow White wrote:

My son has autism. In a way, it can be a death sentence if it is severe. You are talking about kids who will never have jobs, get married, have children of their own, let talk by themselves. (If that was even directed towards me). I don't know who is talking to who on this anymore.
I was not talking to you Cough, I am very sorry if he has severe Autism. I've seen how that can break a mother's heart. I do understand what you've said above. In severe cases, yes, it does mean a life of hardships. A friends son is severely Autistic and since his diagnosis, her life has become planning for her own death (Meaning getting everything in order for her son as he will always need care)
However not all cases are that severe. Much like Turner's, Down Syndrome and Autism some people are able to lead normal or semi normal lives. With little or in some cases no assistance.

Much Love Cough. :love2:
Last edited by Snow White on Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lovehound11
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovehound11 »

Snow White wrote:

Can I give you a big virtual hug?!? Autism is not the end of the world, my students with autism were the lights of my life, the most precious little kids ever. They brought me so much joy! I'm sure all of you would not appreciate people you don't know diagnosing your children with Austin via the internet. I do not think Lily has autism but if she did then so be it. Some of the worlds most intelligent people dead and alive have it. #disABILITIES

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
gypsophila
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Snow White wrote:

Professing to know everything about a child you watch on YT for 10 mins a day makes you a Expert on all things lily, got it!
I won't waste time with you video. I'm sure we can ALL find a YT video to "prove" we know best ;)
I never professed to be an expert. Whatever. Obviously you didn't want to watch the video which WAS an expert view and corroborated things I said over things you said. I don't believe for a minute that people on here advocating for Lily having autism are doing it out of the goodness of their hearts, when they know full well that she is well taken care of and has many doctors in her life.
Cough
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Cough »

Snow White wrote:
Cough wrote:
Snow White wrote:

My son has autism. In a way, it can be a death sentence if it is severe. You are talking about kids who will never have jobs, get married, have children of their own, let talk by themselves. (If that was even directed towards me). I don't know who is talking to who on this anymore.
I was not talking to you Cough, I am very sorry if he has severe Autism. I've seen how that can break a mother's heart. I do understand what you've said above. In severe cases, yes, it does mean a life of hardships. A friends son is severely Autistic and since his diagnosis, her life has become planning for her own death (Meaning getting everything in order for her son as he will always need care)
However not all cases are that severe. Much like Turner's, Down Syndrome and Autism some people are able to lead normal or semi normal lives. With little or in some cases no assistance.

Thank you, but fortunately my son does not have it as severe as others. Some of his old classmates are low functioning and it is heart breaking to see the parents and kids struggle. If Lily does have it, I think she would be high functioning. I do see some signs in her though.
Lovehound11
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovehound11 »

Cough wrote:
Snow White wrote:
Cough wrote: My son has autism. In a way, it can be a death sentence if it is severe. You are talking about kids who will never have jobs, get married, have children of their own, let talk by themselves. (If that was even directed towards me). I don't know who is talking to who on this anymore.

Thank you, but fortunately my son does not have it as severe as others. Some of his old classmates are low functioning and it is heart breaking to see the parents and kids struggle. If Lily does have it, I think she would be high functioning. I do see some signs in her though.
I bet your son is an amazing kid Cough!! I see what you are saying, not sure if I can post it or not but everyone go google "welcome to holland" by Emily Perl Kingsley, it gives a great perspective to people who do not understand what it is like to have a child with a disability. No one dreams of their child having a disability, it can be a rough journey but those kids make it so worth it!

pitbulllove
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by pitbulllove »

Sorry who's acting like Autism is a death sentence? I must have missed that. All I've seen is people discussing the traits of it. & Pointing out connections in Lily's behavior.
I think its a bit perplexing as to how Autism is linked to Lily's behavior to begin with, when basically every single thing she does can be linked to a million other things (including normal things) before Autism.
“The average dog is a nicer person than the average person."
-Andy Rooney
Fairplay
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Fairplay »

^^ Childrens brains are very plastic. They can outgrow and mould themselves to great individuals IF they have a great environment and live with parents who continuously stimulate and read to them. My daughter endured a grade 4 brain hemmorage when she was born and we were told that she would be wheelchair bound and wont be able to eat, etc. I freaked out and tried to have a routine with constant, positive stimulation. She is now doing so well. She's biracial and can understand both mine and her dads language.

I honestly dont think Lily has Autism. My friend's son has autism shortly before turning 4 because he couldn't talk and he would be intrigued by odd things like for example, if something was hanging off the door knob, he would stare at it and constantly fiddle with it. He's also a clean freak and stresses out of things arent in order.

I personally think Vanessa should stop making the TV a babysitter and be more active with her child considering she's always home.
Cough
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Cough »

Lovehound11 wrote:
I bet your son is an amazing kid Cough!! I see what you are saying, not sure if I can post it or not but everyone go google "welcome to holland" by Emily Perl Kingsley, it gives a great perspective to people who do not understand what it is like to have a child with a disability. No one dreams of their child having a disability, it can be a rough journey but those kids make it so worth it!

Thank you for sharing that poem! I stumbled across it a few months ago and it is so true.
AnonymousSource
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by AnonymousSource »

Ladies, ladies! Hear, hear. Last I knew, not a single one of us is a doctor qualified to decide whether or not Lily has autism AND if one of us WERE a doctor qualified to make that decision, NONE of us have actually seen Lily in person or interacted with her one-on-one.

It's okay to say things like you don't think Lily is a cute toddler. It's okay to compare your child's development to Lily's. It's okay to even speculate to yourself if you think Lily has something serious... but to actually write it out on this forum and diagnose a toddler with a serious condition... please, oh please, be mature enough not to do that. People on mental health blogs don't even try to diagnose each other.

The pages of arguing over if Lily has autism or not from people who aren't even doctors and have never met Lily are ridiculous. Please try to have some class. Switch the topic to something more appropriate, please.
HowBoutThatSchnizel
Talker
Talker

Unread post by HowBoutThatSchnizel »

Omg that song on her IG , my poor eardrums

Return to “2011teenagemom”