• Advertisement
    

JesssFam: Mutant Toes and Pigtail Woes (Part 112)

Re: JesssFam: Mutant Toes and Pigtail Woes (Part 112)

Postby Spoink_12 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:58 am

I'm in Canada so 50F is 15C. I wish it was that warm.
It's still averaging -10°C and snowing.
Spoink_12
Gossiper
 
Posts: 555
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:24 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2240 times

Advertisement

Re: JesssFam: Mutant Toes and Pigtail Woes (Part 112)

Postby Princesskris77 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:04 am

DoodleBop2 wrote:
Princesskris77 wrote:Well I guess I’m thinking crazy thoughts like feeding a toddler FOOD lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Why would Addie have any desire to eat solid food if she's constantly being nursed through the day and I suspect through the night? So when she does get thrown a pizza crust or a random strawberry how hungry is she really? Addie should be eating 3 meals a day but I can see why she doesn't feel like it and then Jess is like WHY WON'T SHE EAT?!?!


The thing is I think half the reason she’s so damn fussy is because she’s hungry. She can’t just live on milk. No one here eats well. They all need some fruits and veggies.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Princesskris77
Informer
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:08 pm
Has thanked: 165 times
Been thanked: 2081 times

Re: JesssFam: Mutant Toes and Pigtail Woes (Part 112)

Postby Princesskris77 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:33 am

Princesskris77 wrote:
DoodleBop2 wrote:
Princesskris77 wrote:Well I guess I’m thinking crazy thoughts like feeding a toddler FOOD lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Why would Addie have any desire to eat solid food if she's constantly being nursed through the day and I suspect through the night? So when she does get thrown a pizza crust or a random strawberry how hungry is she really? Addie should be eating 3 meals a day but I can see why she doesn't feel like it and then Jess is like WHY WON'T SHE EAT?!?!


The thing is I think half the reason she’s so damn fussy is because she’s hungry. She can’t just live on milk. No one here eats well. They all need some fruits and veggies.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I meant there. Not here lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Princesskris77
Informer
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:08 pm
Has thanked: 165 times
Been thanked: 2081 times

Re: JesssFam: Mutant Toes and Pigtail Woes (Part 112)

Postby olemama » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:00 am

Addled is not yet 18 months old. So personally I don't see an issue with her getting most of her calories from nursing. It does benefit her nutritionally, emotionally and protects her from getting nasty bugs in her digestive system. Is there any real scientific evidence out there which says it is a bad thing for young toddlers to primarily nurse?

But Jess does feed her crap for solid food. She should cut that out! And I think Addled should be on a schedule at this point. (bedtime, mealtime) And if she is going to eat solids, she should sit in her high chair rather than wander all over the house dropping bits of food everywhere! And if she's dumping Addled on her grandmother for playlist, she should start weaning her or pumping like crazy!
olemama
True Gossiper
 
Posts: 1033
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:47 pm
Has thanked: 448 times
Been thanked: 5772 times

Re: JesssFam: Mutant Toes and Pigtail Woes (Part 112)

Postby smom12 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:04 am

I’m sorry but 18 months is too old to rely just on breastmilk. Maybe I’m the only one that feels that way. She should be eating a variety of foods or trying a variety of foods. She’s active now, she’s growing, she’s learning. You mean to tell me breastmilk will keep an active toddler satisfied? I don’t think so. She’s probably always crying because she’s hungry.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
smom12
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 3902
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:18 pm
Has thanked: 5406 times
Been thanked: 24903 times

Re: JesssFam: Mutant Toes and Pigtail Woes (Part 112)

Postby lizpuff2006 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:07 am

At 18 months her primary source of vitamins and nutrients should be food. Nothing is wrong with breastfeeding but that should be weaned down by now. She should eat way more than breastfeed but maybe she is eating a ton and that is why she is so chunky
lizpuff2006
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2045
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:36 pm
Has thanked: 132 times
Been thanked: 6652 times

Re: JesssFam: Mutant Toes and Pigtail Woes (Part 112)

Postby Princesskris77 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:11 am

smom12 wrote:I’m sorry but 18 months is too old to rely just on breastmilk. Maybe I’m the only one that feels that way. She should be eating a variety of foods or trying a variety of foods. She’s active now, she’s growing, she’s learning. You mean to tell me breastmilk will keep an active toddler satisfied? I don’t think so. She’s probably always crying because she’s hungry.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I completely agree. I’m not a fan of nursing for comfort or after a year old. It’s MY opinion and that’s just how I feel. She is definitely old enough to be learning utensils and to be eating FOOD. sitting like a child and using a cup. She can’t treat her like a baby then expect her to be ready to go to preschool or do anything in life. She’s probably tired all the time because she’s only getting milk. And since Jess has horrible eating habits she’s getting nothing for nutrients. She’s getting fast food breast milk


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Princesskris77
Informer
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:08 pm
Has thanked: 165 times
Been thanked: 2081 times

Re: JesssFam: Mutant Toes and Pigtail Woes (Part 112)

Postby Princesskris77 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:20 am

Case in point in her morning snap... when my kids were 18 months their breakfast was usually oatmeal or eggs and toast or waffles or pancakes with fruit. And a cup of milk. Breakfast shouldn’t only be nursing. How would it be if people ONLY fed regular milk to their toddlers?? They would be starving. At this age milk is a drink. Something to accompany food.... not the main meal.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Princesskris77
Informer
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:08 pm
Has thanked: 165 times
Been thanked: 2081 times

Re: JesssFam: Mutant Toes and Pigtail Woes (Part 112)

Postby itslove » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:23 am

Princesskris77 wrote:Case in point in her morning snap... when my kids were 18 months their breakfast was usually oatmeal or eggs and toast or waffles or pancakes with fruit. And a cup of milk. Breakfast shouldn’t only be nursing. How would it be if people ONLY fed regular milk to their toddlers?? They would be starving. At this age milk is a drink. Something to accompany food.... not the main meal.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Exactly. My 18m old had pancakes, milk and applesauce for breakfast. She gets mad if she doesn’t get a cup of fruit with every meal.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
itslove
Informer
 
Posts: 414
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:27 am
Has thanked: 253 times
Been thanked: 2944 times

Re: JesssFam: Mutant Toes and Pigtail Woes (Part 112)

Postby Princesskris77 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:40 am

itslove wrote:
Princesskris77 wrote:Case in point in her morning snap... when my kids were 18 months their breakfast was usually oatmeal or eggs and toast or waffles or pancakes with fruit. And a cup of milk. Breakfast shouldn’t only be nursing. How would it be if people ONLY fed regular milk to their toddlers?? They would be starving. At this age milk is a drink. Something to accompany food.... not the main meal.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Exactly. My 18m old had pancakes, milk and applesauce for breakfast. She gets mad if she doesn’t get a cup of fruit with every meal.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


My kids would have been starving if they didn’t eat food at that age.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Princesskris77
Informer
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:08 pm
Has thanked: 165 times
Been thanked: 2081 times

Re: JesssFam: Mutant Toes and Pigtail Woes (Part 112)

Postby Moony » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:51 am

A diet of breastmilk is not the same as a diet of solids for a 1.5 year old. Sure you can get all the calories that are necessary, but an adequate diet is not just calories.
Her cosleeping situation bothers me more though. How long has she coslept in the past before moving on to a toddler bed I assume? That house does not have enough space for Addy to even move into another room, and you know it’s going to be Lilia who has to share
Moony
Gossiper
 
Posts: 761
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:32 pm
Has thanked: 3983 times
Been thanked: 4011 times

Re: JesssFam: Mutant Toes and Pigtail Woes (Part 112)

Postby DoodleBop2 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:03 am

I'm not saying it's nutritionally appropriate for an 18 month old to survive only on breastmilk. If you give a kid a full serving of any milk right before breakfast they're less likely to eat, less likely to try new things. Which I think is what Jess does nurses her so often when Addie gets put in the highchair for food Jess wonders why she won't eat a lot and then decides Addie is picky.
User avatar
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2541
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:15 am
Has thanked: 1142 times
Been thanked: 14120 times

Re: JesssFam: Mutant Toes and Pigtail Woes (Part 112)

Postby deannaroseo » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:07 am

I don’t think Addie is that picky. I just think when someone puts food in front of her, she has no idea what to do with it because she rarely has appropriate meals. It’s like she’s surviving on a liquid diet.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
deannaroseo
Gossiper
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:45 pm
Has thanked: 45766 times
Been thanked: 2779 times

Re: JesssFam: Mutant Toes and Pigtail Woes (Part 112)

Postby peylizt192 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:07 am

Anyone see that Janell was doing some hardcore drinking the other night? I thought it was pretty trashy...
peylizt192
Informer
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:41 pm
Has thanked: 444 times
Been thanked: 1490 times

Re: JesssFam: Mutant Toes and Pigtail Woes (Part 112)

Postby Notreal5 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:16 am

I watched some of the live ... jess said she’s trying to wean addie and that she only does it for comfort now .. not sure how accurate that is


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Notreal5
Talker
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:34 pm
Has thanked: 118 times
Been thanked: 537 times

Re: JesssFam: Mutant Toes and Pigtail Woes (Part 112)

Postby DoodleBop2 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:20 am

deannaroseo wrote:I don’t think Addie is that picky. I just think when someone puts food in front of her, she has no idea what to do with it because she rarely has appropriate meals. It’s like she’s surviving on a liquid diet.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Wouldn't surprise me if she doesn't know how to eat food because she has so little practice.
User avatar
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2541
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:15 am
Has thanked: 1142 times
Been thanked: 14120 times

Re: JesssFam: Mutant Toes and Pigtail Woes (Part 112)

Postby peylizt192 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:25 am

Anyone see that Janell was doing some hardcore drinking the other night? I thought it was pretty trashy...
peylizt192
Informer
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:41 pm
Has thanked: 444 times
Been thanked: 1490 times

Re: JesssFam: Mutant Toes and Pigtail Woes (Part 112)

Postby minties82 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:26 am

You guys are saying boob alone isn't good, but then you're saying you just give sugary, carb heavy stuff to your toddlers? Just basically fruit and flour based products? My youngest is 20 months, still nurses a few times a day but no way I'd give her pancakes and apple puree for breakfast. That sounds like junkfood to me.

Sent from my HUAWEI CUN-L02 using Tapatalk
minties82
Informer
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:21 am
Has thanked: 1527 times
Been thanked: 1017 times

Re: JesssFam: Mutant Toes and Pigtail Woes (Part 112)

Postby DoodleBop2 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:49 am

I only feed my children organic, free-range, vegan, whole, pretentious food fertilized by unicorn poop and harvested under the full moon by garden gnomes. Nothing as evil as fruit.
User avatar
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2541
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:15 am
Has thanked: 1142 times
Been thanked: 14120 times

Re: JesssFam: Mutant Toes and Pigtail Woes (Part 112)

Postby freebeegal » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:09 pm

peylizt192 wrote:Anyone see that Janell was doing some hardcore drinking the other night? I thought it was pretty trashy...


I didn’t see this. But not sure what’s trashy about ‘hardcore drinking’. So long as Alyna was looked after and not around. Janelle has proved that she’s a competent and responsible mother. She is studying, raising her child who seems to be polite and kind. She’s allowed a night off, she’s allowed to get drunk with friends. This doesn’t make her trashy or a bad mother


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
freebeegal
Talker
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:06 am
Has thanked: 38090 times
Been thanked: 1733 times

Re: JesssFam: Mutant Toes and Pigtail Woes (Part 112)

Postby itslove » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:11 pm

DoodleBop2 wrote:I only feed my children organic, free-range, vegan, whole, pretentious food fertilized by unicorn poop and harvested under the full moon by garden gnomes. Nothing as evil as fruit.


You just made my day


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
itslove
Informer
 
Posts: 414
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:27 am
Has thanked: 253 times
Been thanked: 2944 times

Re: JesssFam: Mutant Toes and Pigtail Woes (Part 112)

Postby Princesskris77 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:23 pm

itslove wrote:
DoodleBop2 wrote:I only feed my children organic, free-range, vegan, whole, pretentious food fertilized by unicorn poop and harvested under the full moon by garden gnomes. Nothing as evil as fruit.


You just made my day


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


And mine


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Princesskris77
Informer
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:08 pm
Has thanked: 165 times
Been thanked: 2081 times

Re: JesssFam: Mutant Toes and Pigtail Woes (Part 112)

Postby Princesskris77 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:24 pm

Janelle was out with a few friends drinking. How is that trashy? I’m sure Alyna was taken care of. She works and goes to school. I think she’s allowed a little fun. Sheesh.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Princesskris77
Informer
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:08 pm
Has thanked: 165 times
Been thanked: 2081 times

Re: JesssFam: Mutant Toes and Pigtail Woes (Part 112)

Postby hopelesslysoulful » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:48 pm

Indiana weather is bizarre. It was high 70s on Friday, and it's snowing today. As for Texas Roadhouse, I like their buns and honey butter, but that's it, since I am not a fan of steak.

As for Janelle, I think she is allowed a night off. She takes care of her daughter and has a stable life. As long as Alyna wasn't around while she was drinking and provided they weren't doing anything dangerous like driving while drunk, I don't see the problem. That being said, I didn't watch the stream so I don't know how she was actually acting.
User avatar
hopelesslysoulful
Talker
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:25 pm
Has thanked: 290 times
Been thanked: 1682 times

Re: JesssFam: Mutant Toes and Pigtail Woes (Part 112)

Postby itslove » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:16 pm

So today is Taco Bell? I guess she really is done trying to save money not eating out. I wonder if all this eating out will catch up to her and she gains 40 lbs? Not trying to be mean or anything, just curious.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
itslove
Informer
 
Posts: 414
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:27 am
Has thanked: 253 times
Been thanked: 2944 times

PreviousNext


  • Advertisement

Return to JesssFam

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Captain Smooth and 18 guests

  • Advertisement