The minions and defending the breastfeeding champion

nugget12
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

The minions and defending the breastfeeding champion

Unread post by nugget12 »

Ok I need to vent I decided to do it and ask Jess on her last postpartum update video if she ever felt she should cover up or be more modest while nursing in her videos? I did it in a very kind and professional way I explained I was all for breastfeeding and understand the benefits but, let's face it there are creepy people out there and some people may be uncomfortable by it. Well her minions swarmed in chastising me for even mentioning it and stating people who cover up don't get the full bonding experience and don't understand the nursing relationship with there child and blah blah blah. So who else feels she is whipping it out just to get attention?
orangeblossom
Amateur
Amateur

Re: The minions and defending the breastfeeding champion

Unread post by orangeblossom »

She 100% does it for attention. This girl gets off on the "super mom" comments she gets from doing it. I think a lot of what Jess does is so her minions can feed her ego. That or she thinks she's the first person ever to breastfeed.
"You gave birth to a baby, not a PhD."
Blackswan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Blackswan »

Really? If you cover up you don't bond with your kid? LOL The delusion with those minions is strong.
nugget12
Talker
Talker

Blackswan wrote:Really? If you cover up you don't bond with your kid? LOL The delusion with those minions is strong.
Yep, if you get a chance to read it, you will laugh. I tried to answer them nicely several times but they ignored it and went on their delusional rant. They do not understand the meaning of " Modesty" either or why people would want to be modest in public.
nugget12
Talker
Talker

orangeblossom wrote:She 100% does it for attention. This girl gets off on the "super mom" comments she gets from doing it. I think a lot of what Jess does is so her minions can feed her ego. That or she thinks she's the first person ever to breastfeed.
. Ya when you think about her kids are her ego if you look at her path in life so far. It's rather sad.
blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by blackroses »

I want their parents to see what these little kidsbsay
nugget12
Talker
Talker

blackroses wrote:I want their parents to see what these little kidsbsay
Me too, I am sure they have no clue it's probably after school latch key kids or teens in their rooms on their tablets and no one is around yet. Probably aspiring to be like Jess which is so sad and think everything she does or says is gold.
Romeoxsavexme
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Romeoxsavexme »

I don't like Jess but as a mother who has breastfeed both of my children why do I need to cover up? You don't see anything. My children hate to be covered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ferryberry
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ferryberry »

I dunno I breastfeed openly. I see it as a positive way to show other people what breastfeeding is. It's nothing I need to be discreet about - it's feeding, it's comfort, it's normal. Also it can be a faff to cover up and be discreet. Sometimes it honestly is easier to just boob away.
imapumkinseed
Informer
Informer

Unread post by imapumkinseed »

I'm all for nursing in public however you're comfoetable, cover or not. I don't think babies should have to eat under a blanket just because some people aren't comfortable. The more women stand up for nursing, the more we can change public opinion and make it a normal thing.

BUT. I definitely feel like Jess loves the attention and includes her boobs in videos even when she doesn't need to. I don't mind a "real life" video with nursing while they're just vlogging their day, but why does she time her sit-down updates for when Addie is about to eat? It's obvious/trying too hard and really strange.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Lucyall
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Lucyall »

imapumkinseed wrote:I don't mind a "real life" video with nursing while they're just vlogging their day, but why does she time her sit-down updates for when Addie is about to eat? It's obvious/trying too hard and really strange.

Honestly, if I were a YTMom with multiple older children (I have kids but don't YT) I would time my vlogging with feeding time. Little babies often take ages to nurse and there's not a lot of other tasks you can multitask with sitting down to nurse for an hour.

I'm guessing that other than super late at night (when she generally is editting?) then she doesn't get a lot of uninterrupted, feet up time, so she might struggle to fit in her update vlogs otherwise?

imapumkinseed
Informer
Informer

Unread post by imapumkinseed »

Lucyall wrote:
imapumkinseed wrote:I don't mind a "real life" video with nursing while they're just vlogging their day, but why does she time her sit-down updates for when Addie is about to eat? It's obvious/trying too hard and really strange.

Honestly, if I were a YTMom with multiple older children (I have kids but don't YT) I would time my vlogging with feeding time. Little babies often take ages to nurse and there's not a lot of other tasks you can multitask with sitting down to nurse for an hour.

I'm guessing that other than super late at night (when she generally is editting?) then she doesn't get a lot of uninterrupted, feet up time, so she might struggle to fit in her update vlogs otherwise?

I get what you're saying, but the older kids are in school, and newborns nap quite a bit. I'd expect Landen to be more trouble with filming than Addie. I mean it's up to her, obviously, it just seems like she's trying really hard to get her boob in every video, all while putting on a surprised act like "oh, are you hungry?! Ok!"

Nursing in every video is one of my least bothersome gripes about Jess though lol.
Lucyall
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Lucyall »

imapumkinseed wrote:Nursing in every video is one of my least bothersome gripes about Jess though lol.
I'm with you on that! Lol Image

nugget12
Talker
Talker

imapumkinseed wrote:I'm all for nursing in public however you're comfoetable, cover or not. I don't think babies should have to eat under a blanket just because some people aren't comfortable. The more women stand up for nursing, the more we can change public opinion and make it a normal thing.

BUT. I definitely feel like Jess loves the attention and includes her boobs in videos even when she doesn't need to. I don't mind a "real life" video with nursing while they're just vlogging their day, but why does she time her sit-down updates for when Addie is about to eat? It's obvious/trying too hard and really strange.

Yes I think the core of this is not people against breastfeeding public there are ways to do it without using a cover, while still being discreet. The thing with Jess is she clearly wants attention it's like this weird obsession with showing off, she is the furthest from discreet, it is like she want to exploit herself for views.
ferryberry
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ferryberry »

meh I'm no minion but the one thing I can actually really relate to with Jess is how proud and passionate she is about breastfeeding I guess.
mommadrama01
Talker
Talker

Unread post by mommadrama01 »

There is no reason for her to cover up. If it makes someone uncomfortable they don't have to watch. My daughter hates covers. I'm proud of her for breastfeeding.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
marinewife0920
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marinewife0920 »

For me I couldn't careless that she nurses in public. For me the bothersome part is that she has admitted she knows perverts watch her nursing videos but she continues to do it on video and post photos. She knows gross dudes get their jollies off watching her kids eat, yet she still splashes it all over the Internet. If you're at the mall nursing, a few people will notice and see you, when you post a video, you have no control over who is watching and saving it. Good for her for nursing for 120494 months or whatever, but to post footage repeatedly of your child eating knowing perverts watch is a disgrace.
babyfox
Informer
Informer

Unread post by babyfox »

I found what I believe is your comment on that video, and Jess seems to have completely missed your point. Everyone knows that she doesn't see breastfeeding as sexual, and most of her fans and even most of us on this site share her opinion. However, that does not mean that there are not creepy men out there who get off to the breastfeeding photos/videos she posts. It's absolutely disgusting, but it unfortunately does happen. She is aware that most of the views and comments on her "breastfeeding twins" video (the one with the thumbnail where her boobs are 95% exposed) are from creepy middle aged men and that doesn't seem to faze her at all. It is not unheard of for these YouTube moms to get stalkers, and if that happened it would put her children in danger as well. Didn't she have an incident within the past couple of months where a couple of men parked outside of her house and acted shady? Unfortunately, until the rest of society catches up with the "normalize breastfeeding" movement, it's probably a bad idea for her to show her boobs all over social media at every opportunity. I almost wonder if she secretly likes the creepy attention.
nugget12
Talker
Talker

babyfox wrote:I found what I believe is your comment on that video, and Jess seems to have completely missed your point. Everyone knows that she doesn't see breastfeeding as sexual, and most of her fans and even most of us on this site share her opinion. However, that does not mean that there are not creepy men out there who get off to the breastfeeding photos/videos she posts. It's absolutely disgusting, but it unfortunately does happen. She is aware that most of the views and comments on her "breastfeeding twins" video (the one with the thumbnail where her boobs are 95% exposed) are from creepy middle aged men and that doesn't seem to faze her at all. It is not unheard of for these YouTube moms to get stalkers, and if that happened it would put her children in danger as well. Didn't she have an incident within the past couple of months where a couple of men parked outside of her house and acted shady? Unfortunately, until the rest of society catches up with the "normalize breastfeeding" movement, it's probably a bad idea for her to show her boobs all over social media at every opportunity. I almost wonder if she secretly likes the creepy attention.

Thank you,yes Jess and her minions clearly missed my point I'm not sure how it seemed pretty clear to me.lol I guess she and her minions are always on defense. That's so creepy about the ,me outside her house. Yuck! Yeah I think your right she likes the creepy attention.
annapaulndaniel
Informer
Informer

Unread post by annapaulndaniel »

I am all for public breastfeeding for all women but one thing I am truly confused by is the incessant close up photos of babies on the breast. Half of them have visible nipple? I just dont understand why that moment needs to be shared across social media. If you want to normalise breast feeding then breastfeed your baby and share details or tips from your experience WHEN ASKED. Nobody needs to see close up shots of half of your nipple with a baby sucking on the other half, thats private. I would never get all up in your babies face to check out his latch while you breastfeed in public, I would be like "that baby is eating...cool" and would continue on with my business.

Haha sorry but it I just dont get it?!?!

Return to “JesssFam”