JessFam: The OG Trap Queen (Part 102)

Spoink_12
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: JessFam: The OG Trap Queen (Part 102)

Unread post by Spoink_12 »

daisy1000 wrote:I know in some blended families it’s okay to call your stepdad “dad” or your stepmom “mom” and that it is totally okay for that. It’s just that Amber and Gabe have been dating for a while, they just got married, and it seems like Jess is pushing for Lila to view Amber as a second mother. Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure the love is there but why would Jess be okay with Lila calling Amber her mom too?

That title should be reserved for Jess and I am all for Lila and Amber to have a good relationship but it’s becoming too much. I can only imagine how the children understand all of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's no different than the boys calling Chris dad. Or Tommy and Caden calling Jess mom. I don't think it's weird at all. Everyone I know with step parents calls them mom and dad too. Unless it's certain situations and then they stay step dad/mom.
Only time it seems to be different is if the step parent comes in when the kid is older like teen or adult. Then the kid just calls the step patent by their name.
marshmellow
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by marshmellow »

Calling stepparents mom and dad is very very weird in MY eyes. Lilia absolutely has no need to call Chris dad. She already has an awesome dad.
cjl123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by cjl123 »

marshmellow wrote:Calling stepparents mom and dad is very very weird in MY eyes. Lilia absolutely has no need to call Chris dad. She already has an awesome dad.
I agree! I don't want my babies calling anyone else mom. Hell no lol I carried and birthed them. Fed them from my body. Loved them every single second of their whole life they are my babies. But i also wouldn't force my step kids to call me mom. So Jessica cant really say shit because she and Chris worked very hard to manipulate his sons into calling her mom. Now she can't act like she isn't cool with it.

Sparklingdee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Sparklingdee »

Oh lord that wedding speech by Jess, the whole video was just cringetastic lmaooooo. Strange set up.
funkycat123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by funkycat123 »

I can't imagine saying something like "that's my sister's brother". That's so wild to me. My sister having different siblings than I do makes my brain hurt. How do these kids keep up with it?
DoodleBop
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by DoodleBop »

Parents get divorced and remarried. It's becoming more common to have a sibling you don't share with your other siblings\ to have half siblings and step siblings. The only time I see anyone actually mention half\step is if they're explaining relation because they look completely different.

I never called my step grandfather Grandpa even after my grandpa died I just called him by his first name. That didn't minimize the place he held in my life growing up. I get why the boys call Chris Dad Drake is hardly ever around. Lilia wouldn't call Chris or Amber anything because both of her parents take active roles in her life.
pinkdiamond_3
Informer
Informer

Unread post by pinkdiamond_3 »

I seriously cannot believe Jess's introduction was "Jessica 'Jesssfam' Skube!" Like way to take the attention off the couple of the evening and remind everyone that you are a YouTuber and why on earth would Jessica make a speech?? MOH and Best Man is the norm... guaranteed she asked to say something because like someone else said, gotta remind everyone that she slept with the groom. Gag. This vlog put me over the edge, sorry guys lmao.

Jwhite_momof4
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Jwhite_momof4 »

Spoink_12 wrote:
daisy1000 wrote:I know in some blended families it’s okay to call your stepdad “dad” or your stepmom “mom” and that it is totally okay for that. It’s just that Amber and Gabe have been dating for a while, they just got married, and it seems like Jess is pushing for Lila to view Amber as a second mother. Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure the love is there but why would Jess be okay with Lila calling Amber her mom too?

That title should be reserved for Jess and I am all for Lila and Amber to have a good relationship but it’s becoming too much. I can only imagine how the children understand all of it.

It's no different than the boys calling Chris dad. Or Tommy and Caden calling Jess mom. I don't think it's weird at all. Everyone I know with step parents calls them mom and dad too. Unless it's certain situations and then they stay step dad/mom.
Only time it seems to be different is if the step parent comes in when the kid is older like teen or adult. Then the kid just calls the step patent by their name.

No, not for me. My step-dad came into my life when I was 5 yrs old but I have never called him dad.
But i do just say "my sister" when talking about my younger half-sister.
My kids call my dad "granddaddy" and my step-dad "papa".
But yeah, never called him dad even tho he has been in my life as long as I can remember.

deannaroseo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by deannaroseo »

The wedding video was so weird and cringy. I did NOT expect Jess to make a speech, but I probably shouldn't be surprised.

kalakala
Talker
Talker

Unread post by kalakala »

I'm the youngest of 4 and none of my siblings are "full" siblings but in my 30 years of existence I have never referred to them as my half brothers and sisters. I guess growing up with them might make a different to if you don't live with them growing up.

My kids don't call their step dad dad. They just use his name, they refer to him as step dad as I'm "my step dad is picking me up today" and they don't call their step mum mum. I don't think it would bother me massively if they did, I can understand when their are other siblings who call them that so it just becauses the norm for everyone.

Them calling her mum wouldn't be taking anything away from me
deannaroseo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Sorry for the double post, but the actual title of the video is also too weird.
"THE WEDDING (gabe gets married)"
Why would she not title it "GABE AND AMBER'S WEDDING!" or something along the lines of that. I don't get why she left out Amber's name.

blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by blackroses »

Something tells me ambers not gonna be too happy around Jess anymore
funkycat123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by funkycat123 »

I think everyone in the wedding party spoke she just included her part. So that's not too weird. The "second mom" part was weird though and I really don't agree with Addie being there. Who brings a baby to a wedding reception? Especially when they plan on drinking.
twomommies
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by twomommies »

fingusername wrote:
kgiff77 wrote:That whole vlog just felt wrong to me. I don’t know if it’s because it’s Gabe and Ambers wedding on Jess’s channel or what big something felt wrong or off about her putting up that vlog.

Definitely felt a bit disrespectful to Amber! Messica definitely should have had some respect for the Bride and waited to put her video up.
Yet wasn't she miffed that people were doing the same thing to her?

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
deannaroseo
Gossiper
Gossiper

I agree that Addie shouldn't have been there, breastfeeding or not.
Would it kill you to get a babysitter for the night? Bring Addie to the wedding and have the babysitter take her home during the reception (And by babysitter, I mean probably Mimi)
Throwing back shots while you have an 11 month old to watch, super smart. They weren't even watching her anyways!

lilywhoa
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by lilywhoa »

It feels like Messica is living her "i wish i was the bride" through Amber. Whatever happy pills she is popping, it is mad akward. I don't know how Amber and Gabe can choose that mess to he part of their wedding party. I understand she's the baby mama, but girl is pyscho! Even up to the wedding, she acts like IT IS her wedding smh.
Rosiex3
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Rosiex3 »

It baffles me how everyone there was just cool with that shit like it was a normal thing oh my God.

spillingthetea
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by spillingthetea »

Did you guys read the description?? OMG SO rude.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
spillingthetea
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201710 ... d64f52.jpg[/IMG
Gabe of Grabe and Jess?? So rude i would be so angry

spillingthetea
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201710 ... 8d47a6.jpg[/img]

Gabe of GabeandJess ok..

Return to “JesssFam”