JesssFam: Mutant Toes and Pigtail Woes (Part 112)

Spoink_12
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: JesssFam: Mutant Toes and Pigtail Woes (Part 112)

Unread post by Spoink_12 »

I'm in Canada so 50F is 15C. I wish it was that warm.
It's still averaging -10°C and snowing.
Princesskris77
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Princesskris77 »

DoodleBop2 wrote:
Princesskris77 wrote:Well I guess I’m thinking crazy thoughts like feeding a toddler FOOD lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why would Addie have any desire to eat solid food if she's constantly being nursed through the day and I suspect through the night? So when she does get thrown a pizza crust or a random strawberry how hungry is she really? Addie should be eating 3 meals a day but I can see why she doesn't feel like it and then Jess is like WHY WON'T SHE EAT?!?!
The thing is I think half the reason she’s so damn fussy is because she’s hungry. She can’t just live on milk. No one here eats well. They all need some fruits and veggies.

Princesskris77
Informer
Informer

Princesskris77 wrote:
DoodleBop2 wrote:
Princesskris77 wrote:Well I guess I’m thinking crazy thoughts like feeding a toddler FOOD lol

Why would Addie have any desire to eat solid food if she's constantly being nursed through the day and I suspect through the night? So when she does get thrown a pizza crust or a random strawberry how hungry is she really? Addie should be eating 3 meals a day but I can see why she doesn't feel like it and then Jess is like WHY WON'T SHE EAT?!?!
The thing is I think half the reason she’s so damn fussy is because she’s hungry. She can’t just live on milk. No one here eats well. They all need some fruits and veggies.

I meant there. Not here lol

olemama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by olemama »

Addled is not yet 18 months old. So personally I don't see an issue with her getting most of her calories from nursing. It does benefit her nutritionally, emotionally and protects her from getting nasty bugs in her digestive system. Is there any real scientific evidence out there which says it is a bad thing for young toddlers to primarily nurse?

But Jess does feed her crap for solid food. She should cut that out! And I think Addled should be on a schedule at this point. (bedtime, mealtime) And if she is going to eat solids, she should sit in her high chair rather than wander all over the house dropping bits of food everywhere! And if she's dumping Addled on her grandmother for playlist, she should start weaning her or pumping like crazy!
smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

I’m sorry but 18 months is too old to rely just on breastmilk. Maybe I’m the only one that feels that way. She should be eating a variety of foods or trying a variety of foods. She’s active now, she’s growing, she’s learning. You mean to tell me breastmilk will keep an active toddler satisfied? I don’t think so. She’s probably always crying because she’s hungry.

lizpuff2006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by lizpuff2006 »

At 18 months her primary source of vitamins and nutrients should be food. Nothing is wrong with breastfeeding but that should be weaned down by now. She should eat way more than breastfeed but maybe she is eating a ton and that is why she is so chunky
Princesskris77
Informer
Informer

smom12 wrote:I’m sorry but 18 months is too old to rely just on breastmilk. Maybe I’m the only one that feels that way. She should be eating a variety of foods or trying a variety of foods. She’s active now, she’s growing, she’s learning. You mean to tell me breastmilk will keep an active toddler satisfied? I don’t think so. She’s probably always crying because she’s hungry.

I completely agree. I’m not a fan of nursing for comfort or after a year old. It’s MY opinion and that’s just how I feel. She is definitely old enough to be learning utensils and to be eating FOOD. sitting like a child and using a cup. She can’t treat her like a baby then expect her to be ready to go to preschool or do anything in life. She’s probably tired all the time because she’s only getting milk. And since Jess has horrible eating habits she’s getting nothing for nutrients. She’s getting fast food breast milk

Princesskris77
Informer
Informer

Case in point in her morning snap... when my kids were 18 months their breakfast was usually oatmeal or eggs and toast or waffles or pancakes with fruit. And a cup of milk. Breakfast shouldn’t only be nursing. How would it be if people ONLY fed regular milk to their toddlers?? They would be starving. At this age milk is a drink. Something to accompany food.... not the main meal.

itslove
Informer
Informer

Unread post by itslove »

Princesskris77 wrote:Case in point in her morning snap... when my kids were 18 months their breakfast was usually oatmeal or eggs and toast or waffles or pancakes with fruit. And a cup of milk. Breakfast shouldn’t only be nursing. How would it be if people ONLY fed regular milk to their toddlers?? They would be starving. At this age milk is a drink. Something to accompany food.... not the main meal.

Exactly. My 18m old had pancakes, milk and applesauce for breakfast. She gets mad if she doesn’t get a cup of fruit with every meal.

Princesskris77
Informer
Informer

itslove wrote:
Princesskris77 wrote:Case in point in her morning snap... when my kids were 18 months their breakfast was usually oatmeal or eggs and toast or waffles or pancakes with fruit. And a cup of milk. Breakfast shouldn’t only be nursing. How would it be if people ONLY fed regular milk to their toddlers?? They would be starving. At this age milk is a drink. Something to accompany food.... not the main meal.

Exactly. My 18m old had pancakes, milk and applesauce for breakfast. She gets mad if she doesn’t get a cup of fruit with every meal.

My kids would have been starving if they didn’t eat food at that age.

Moony
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Moony »

A diet of breastmilk is not the same as a diet of solids for a 1.5 year old. Sure you can get all the calories that are necessary, but an adequate diet is not just calories.
Her cosleeping situation bothers me more though. How long has she coslept in the past before moving on to a toddler bed I assume? That house does not have enough space for Addy to even move into another room, and you know it’s going to be Lilia who has to share
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by DoodleBop2 »

I'm not saying it's nutritionally appropriate for an 18 month old to survive only on breastmilk. If you give a kid a full serving of any milk right before breakfast they're less likely to eat, less likely to try new things. Which I think is what Jess does nurses her so often when Addie gets put in the highchair for food Jess wonders why she won't eat a lot and then decides Addie is picky.
deannaroseo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by deannaroseo »

I don’t think Addie is that picky. I just think when someone puts food in front of her, she has no idea what to do with it because she rarely has appropriate meals. It’s like she’s surviving on a liquid diet.

peylizt192
Informer
Informer

Unread post by peylizt192 »

Anyone see that Janell was doing some hardcore drinking the other night? I thought it was pretty trashy...
Notreal5
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Notreal5 »

I watched some of the live ... jess said she’s trying to wean addie and that she only does it for comfort now .. not sure how accurate that is

DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

deannaroseo wrote:I don’t think Addie is that picky. I just think when someone puts food in front of her, she has no idea what to do with it because she rarely has appropriate meals. It’s like she’s surviving on a liquid diet.

Wouldn't surprise me if she doesn't know how to eat food because she has so little practice.
peylizt192
Informer
Informer

Unread post by peylizt192 »

Anyone see that Janell was doing some hardcore drinking the other night? I thought it was pretty trashy...
minties82
Informer
Informer

Unread post by minties82 »

You guys are saying boob alone isn't good, but then you're saying you just give sugary, carb heavy stuff to your toddlers? Just basically fruit and flour based products? My youngest is 20 months, still nurses a few times a day but no way I'd give her pancakes and apple puree for breakfast. That sounds like junkfood to me.

Sent from my HUAWEI CUN-L02 using Tapatalk
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I only feed my children organic, free-range, vegan, whole, pretentious food fertilized by unicorn poop and harvested under the full moon by garden gnomes. Nothing as evil as fruit.
freebeegal
Informer
Informer

Unread post by freebeegal »

peylizt192 wrote:Anyone see that Janell was doing some hardcore drinking the other night? I thought it was pretty trashy...
I didn’t see this. But not sure what’s trashy about ‘hardcore drinking’. So long as Alyna was looked after and not around. Janelle has proved that she’s a competent and responsible mother. She is studying, raising her child who seems to be polite and kind. She’s allowed a night off, she’s allowed to get drunk with friends. This doesn’t make her trashy or a bad mother

Return to “JesssFam”