• Advertisement

JesssFam: Mutant Toes and Pigtail Woes (Part 112)

Re: JesssFam: Mutant Toes and Pigtail Woes (Part 112)

Postby Notreal5 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:27 pm

So kyson playfully smacked Chris face on Jess’ Snapchat ! Chris didn’t look amused
Apparently Chris pressed his face in whipped cream

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Notreal5
Talker

Advertisement

Postby user123_ » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:47 pm

If they ever reallyyy need an extra bedroom, I see no reason why they couldn't build a wall and convert the play area into a 5th bedroom. It looks big enough.
user123_
Gossiper

Postby sondraK » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:36 pm

Scooby-dooby-doo wrote:
cardboardbox wrote:
Captain Smooth wrote:Also, she keeps renovating each room. At that rate, wouldn't it have been cheaper to buy a bigger house, that maybe wouldn't have needed so much renovation? What's the point in buying a relatively cheap house, just to blow tons of money in replacing almost everything?
Especially when it's not big enough for their 7 kids. I understand siblings can share rooms.. but Lilia and addie most likely won't do well together I shared a room for a few years with my sister when I was 9 and my sister was 3 and she was always touching and ruining my things, I hated it!! I feel like the twins room will get cramped especially if they decide they don't want bunk beds anymore. And poor Chris' kids don't even have a space or bed to call their own..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I keep seeing these type of comments and am genuinely curious whether it is a location thing, a class thing, or just a natural progression of what we want/expect in a home these days? I grew up in the 70s watching the Brady Bunch kids 3 to a room with one bathroom to share and don't ever recall anyone thinking that was strange. I'm in Australia and most houses were 3 bedroom, one bathroom ones with kids almost always sharing rooms. It was not unusual to have 4 kids in a room in two sets of bunks. As I reached my teens ( and was living in a different location ) larger houses were becoming more available for many families, but even so, the way kids got their own bedroom was mostly by partioning off part of an existing room, or using rumpus rooms as bedrooms. I had several friends that also shared a bedroom with a grandparent that had moved in, and remained like that until leaving home. I have only brothers, so I mostly did have my own small room while they always shared. My own kids shared a room until the eldest was 10, then our 3rd was in our room for 2 years, before going into the rumpus room we had put on when we did the previous renovations that took us from 2 to 3 bedrooms. By the time we eventually got 4 bedrooms my middle child was just about ready to move out of home. The 2 that shared loved every moment of it and would have chosen that over seperate rooms anyway. More than 20 years later I have a 2nd bathroom. We survived quite easily more than 20 years with just one bathroom and toilet!! I think children should appreciate having a nice home, good parents and everything they need. I do NOT think they get to run the show and dictate what size home their parents should buy and what they think they should be entitled to. Sure... privacy is nice, but I'm not seeing why every child should have to have their own room. Like I said... I am genuinely curious, so please help me out here. Sydney is one of the most expensive places in the world to live, so maybe I am just not seeing a relatable comparison? Tell me about your upbringing, whether you shared a room or not, and what your views are on the topic. Help me understand why you feel like this.

I do agree that Messss ideally could have gone with a 5 bedroom home over a 4, but she'd have bought a one bedroom place if it was the only one that close to Mimi. Messss only cares about Messss.

I'm in the southern US,and grew up with 3 beds,1 1/2 baths.Back then,a1300-1500 sq foot house was considered large.Nowadays,most are 2000-2500 sq feet.
Our house has 4 beds,2 1/2 baths.We have 2 kids who share a bath.Husb. and I have our own in the master bedroom.The 1/2 bath is downstairs,for convenience.
That's pretty average around here.
My sis and I had our own rooms growing up.There were only 2 of us
sondraK
Gossiper

Postby cardboardbox » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:42 pm

Scooby-dooby-doo wrote:
cardboardbox wrote:
Captain Smooth wrote:Also, she keeps renovating each room. At that rate, wouldn't it have been cheaper to buy a bigger house, that maybe wouldn't have needed so much renovation? What's the point in buying a relatively cheap house, just to blow tons of money in replacing almost everything?
Especially when it's not big enough for their 7 kids. I understand siblings can share rooms.. but Lilia and addie most likely won't do well together I shared a room for a few years with my sister when I was 9 and my sister was 3 and she was always touching and ruining my things, I hated it!! I feel like the twins room will get cramped especially if they decide they don't want bunk beds anymore. And poor Chris' kids don't even have a space or bed to call their own..

I keep seeing these type of comments and am genuinely curious whether it is a location thing, a class thing, or just a natural progression of what we want/expect in a home these days? I grew up in the 70s watching the Brady Bunch kids 3 to a room with one bathroom to share and don't ever recall anyone thinking that was strange. I'm in Australia and most houses were 3 bedroom, one bathroom ones with kids almost always sharing rooms. It was not unusual to have 4 kids in a room in two sets of bunks. As I reached my teens ( and was living in a different location ) larger houses were becoming more available for many families, but even so, the way kids got their own bedroom was mostly by partioning off part of an existing room, or using rumpus rooms as bedrooms. I had several friends that also shared a bedroom with a grandparent that had moved in, and remained like that until leaving home. I have only brothers, so I mostly did have my own small room while they always shared. My own kids shared a room until the eldest was 10, then our 3rd was in our room for 2 years, before going into the rumpus room we had put on when we did the previous renovations that took us from 2 to 3 bedrooms. By the time we eventually got 4 bedrooms my middle child was just about ready to move out of home. The 2 that shared loved every moment of it and would have chosen that over seperate rooms anyway. More than 20 years later I have a 2nd bathroom. We survived quite easily more than 20 years with just one bathroom and toilet!! I think children should appreciate having a nice home, good parents and everything they need. I do NOT think they get to run the show and dictate what size home their parents should buy and what they think they should be entitled to. Sure... privacy is nice, but I'm not seeing why every child should have to have their own room. Like I said... I am genuinely curious, so please help me out here. Sydney is one of the most expensive places in the world to live, so maybe I am just not seeing a relatable comparison? Tell me about your upbringing, whether you shared a room or not, and what your views are on the topic. Help me understand why you feel like this.

I do agree that Messss ideally could have gone with a 5 bedroom home over a 4, but she'd have bought a one bedroom place if it was the only one that close to Mimi. Messss only cares about Messss.
I live in the suburbs in the states. I my brother is 4 years younger than me and my sister is 6 years younger. I remember my brother and I used to share a room when my sister was a baby, when she turned into a toddler my mom wanted my son to have his own room since he was a boy and I shared with my sister from when I was 8/9ish till I was 14 and I hated it. I felt like I didn't have my own space and I had to hide everything away cause she was all over everything. When we moved to our new house it was a 2 bedroom but my mom finished the basement into a loving room and 2 bedroom so we had our own rooms. They were pretty small but we had our own space which I feel was very important to me. Especially going through my teenage years, if I didn't have a quiet place of my own I probably would have been out of the house all the time, doing who knows what.

I think with the size of Jess' kids rooms it'll be hard for them to share cause they seem smallish for 2 people.
I had friends who had their own rooms and friends who shared rooms with their 1 or 2 siblings. I have a 2 year old son and daughter on the way. They will share a room if we don't move before then, but I plan on getting a home with 3+ rooms. I just don't see why if Jess can afford to get a house that can accommodate her family, why didn't she? I personally would have wanted more of a backyard for my kids too but she probably didnt want to be far from mimi. I think it's very beneficial to a kid to have their own room. Also my mom grew up in a foster home and often shared a room with 2/3 other kids, and she wanted her kids to have their own room. I'm also interested in fostering or adopting one day and one of the requirements is that the child has their own room, they can't share. So I don't feel like a kid having their own room is a luxury or anything.

cardboardbox
Informer

Postby cardboardbox » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:44 pm

Also my fiance is one of 3 kids and they all had their own rooms.

cardboardbox
Informer

Postby hopelesslysoulful » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:57 pm

I remember someone posting a picture of Amber's post that said she hadn't vlogged in a while due to some bad event happening. Was this ever addressed? Maybe Jess's "drama" has to do with Gabe and Amber. Let's be real - even if Gabe and Amber had something going on in their lives that didn't include Jess, Jess would still vlog about it and make it about herself.
hopelesslysoulful
Talker

Postby Chatabox » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:09 am

shilohjulia wrote:I definitely think whatever is going on with Chris is about T&C/custody i mean what else could it be? He has no life or job or friends. We see literally his entire pathetic existence on her vlogs minus solely his private conversations with Ashley of when he goes up to see the boys on his own. What other drama would he have? If it was health related we’d know because he’d be sick. Did he get banned from the paintball place? I mean come on. It’s obviously about his ex and his kids.

But Jess said that it was drama to do with the “outer” family members on Chris’ side. Implying that it wasn’t Chris’ personal drama, but another family member on his side that involved him.
Chatabox
True Gossiper

Postby missy-1010 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:15 am

Trigger Warning : Personal Post

missy-1010
Gossiper

Postby missy-1010 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:15 am

Like do we have to do the bedroom thing again lol

missy-1010
Gossiper

Postby sezzajaydee » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:22 am

Anyone notice that the kids never have school friends at any event? The only time I’ve heard Messica mention a friend is recently with the talent show. But that could be because there was no one else and the teacher paired them together.

sezzajaydee
Informer

Postby pixiefrost » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:31 am

Spoink_12 wrote:I know very very very slim chance. But what if the drama is that Ashley or her boyfriend is a long lost sibling/cousin of Drake?
Drakes family is from Mexico too, if I remember correctly. Could be wrong.
Bahahah what a plot twist that would be

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
pixiefrost
Informer

Postby pixiefrost » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:32 am

dazzled wrote:If they ever have friends of the kids over I'm gonna guess that later in life they'll remember them as the childhood friend with the dirty ass house lmfao

Also if they hired help to clean, when would they ever come in anyway? Most people have their house cleaned when there's no one home. These people are always at home.
When they're running errands and going to lowes and taget, duh. Lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
pixiefrost
Informer

Postby Scooby-dooby-doo » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:33 am

cardboardbox wrote:I think it's very beneficial to a kid to have their own room. Also my mom grew up in a foster home and often shared a room with 2/3 other kids, and she wanted her kids to have their own room. I'm also interested in fostering or adopting one day and one of the requirements is that the child has their own room, they can't share. So I don't feel like a kid having their own room is a luxury or anything

We have the same rules here for fostering - the child/children need to have their own rooms. Also our public housing states that boys and girls can't share, so if a sole parent of both genders got a housing commission home they would get a minimum of a 3 bedroom home given to them. Obviously private rentals or owned homes don't have any rules.

I'm really big on privacy and bought my children up to not touch their sibling's items without permission and I have always felt very strongly about it. If one wanted something and it was in their sibling's room, they either had to contact them to ask or wait for them to get home. I think they all appreciated that it went all ways so no-one ever abused it. Even with my husband of nearly 30 years, we have never gone into the other's bedside drawers. I doubt he has anything in there he doesn't want me seeing, and likewise I don't either, but it's the principal of knowing that we have personal areas. We've also never opened each other's mail or phones. I've been told I'm 'strange' that I enforced privacy rules with my kids and told that they were glad I wasn't their mother but I'm pretty sure my kids are grateful they had trust and respect in their home. One of my brothers used to take everyone else's stuff which is probably why I was so adamant to have things differently with mine.

I agree with you that it's great for kids to have their own rooms, but I do think for families with more than 2 kids, particularly with the cost of housing here, that it is a luxury more than a need, and that's why I'm interested in hearing from others - we are all going to have such different circumstances. There's no point having 2 parents working 12 hour days 7 days a week just so everyone has their own bedroom. It's better that they have an affordable home and spend time with their kids. For a basic 3 bedroom home on the outskirts of Sydney you will not have much, if any change left out of a million dollars now. 2 bedroom apartments in desirable suburbs about the same. The rental price of a one bedroom city apartment is approximately $700 per week. People are being forced to live much further out and have long commutes to and from work, and even so, the prices even in our shittiest Suburbs have skyrocketed beyond belief. It makes things really difficult, but like you say, this wasn't an issue for Messss. She was able to afford a larger house but just can't be away from Mummy. Thanks for your response. I'm going to enjoy reading different people's thoughts and experiences :)
Scooby-dooby-doo
Amateur

Postby Captain Smooth » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:58 am

I think Lilia might grow into her looks eventually. She doesn't have all grown up teeth yet, so this will probably shift a lot in the next years. When I was her age, my teeth looked weird too, altough they were not as uneven as hers, but again, this can change as time goes on. I never got them fixed and they look pretty ok now, maybe a little sticking out front.

I have to agree though, the unevenness comes from a bad diet. She lived off of muffins, bacon and chicken for the first few years of her life, then a short time with a bit of carrots and broccoli and from then on processed, soft garbage.
Captain Smooth
Gossiper

Postby cocogogo » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:05 am

Can someone explain what a half bathroom is? I saw someone mention it up thread and I don't know what it is!
cocogogo
Amateur

Postby Bsveach15 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:18 am

cocogogo wrote:Can someone explain what a half bathroom is? I saw someone mention it up thread and I don't know what it is!

It’s usually a small bathroom with only a sink and toilet, no shower or bathtub.

Bsveach15
Gossiper

Postby cocogogo » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:06 am

Bsveach15 wrote:
cocogogo wrote:Can someone explain what a half bathroom is? I saw someone mention it up thread and I don't know what it is!

It’s usually a small bathroom with only a sink and toilet, no shower or bathtub.

Thank you! That's confusing since it isn't a bathroom but a toilet! I thought maybe it was a shower room or something
cocogogo
Amateur

Postby LilaLavender » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:47 am

smom12 wrote:
LilaLavender wrote:
Spoink_12 wrote:I know very very very slim chance. But what if the drama is that Ashley or her boyfriend is a long lost sibling/cousin of Drake?
Drakes family is from Mexico too, if I remember correctly. Could be wrong.

....Are you seriously suggesting because two people are from the same multi-million-citizen country they could be related?

Dear lord I’m sure that’s not what she meant.

Public service announcement: if you find something someone says in this site insensitive or personal and it happens often, maybe this site isn’t for you.

I’m part Mexican and I in no way shape or form found this derogatory in any way. RELAX.

Why is there always someone on these forums taking things way BEYOND what they are?? Jesus Christ.

Hm Lilia had olive undertones I forgot is Gabe Mexican?

Someone offended: OH MY GOD WHY DOES ANYONE WITH OLIVE TONE HAVE TO BE MEXICAN YOU ARE SO RACIST.

Like come on people. Blaze. Drink. Just chill the fuck out.

I'm sorry, where did you see me use the wordS "racist", "insensitive" or "offended"??? I thought the comment was DUMB, not offensive.
LilaLavender
Informer

Postby toomuchsalt » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:03 am

Looking at Lilias pictures and she looks not well, like she's lacking in vitamins & minerals and sleep

The only one of Jess' kids that doesn't look malnourished is Addy, and that's only because she's on a pure titty diet.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
toomuchsalt
Informer

Postby LilaLavender » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:12 am

So in case anyone's interested, Natalie's twin sister Nicole is expecting a baby with her boyfriend-of-a-year. https://imgur.com/a/16qkuo4

I'm sure it's to do with the culture and standards in Modesto, but I'm just don't understand all these people deciding to have babies with people they haven't even celebrated a 2nd anniversary with. I look at a relationship I was in at some point, and how I thought we were soulmates, but then that went properly south about a year in and I broke it off. I can't imagine having been pregnant and stuck with the dude at that point.

I am taking mild pleasure in the fact that it's another 2018 girl that Jess isn't getting though.
LilaLavender
Informer

Postby countrygirl » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:25 am

No way is Jess going to be able to live in that house forever. Assuming she doesn’t have any more kids, they’re going to outgrow that house pretty soon. Is Addie really going to share with Lilia? A 17 year old Lilia is not going to want to share a room with an 11 year old Addie. And although I don’t see a problem with the twins sharing since they don’t have any age difference, their room is just so small! They don’t even have room for desks! As for Landen’s room, no way will they have space for 3 teenagers to sleep there when Tommy and Caden come over. And all that’s IF Jess doesn’t have another kid.

countrygirl
Amateur

Postby olemama » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:13 am

Aside from the fact that Jess insanely and irrationally decided to have 5 children with 3 fathers, she has made a rational choice in her house. She is located in a good school district. She knows she is critically dependent on Mimi, Poppy and her grandmother for family support. And there's nothing wrong with that. The children really benefit from their time with relatives. And she is in the same school district as Gabe is. That is a bonus for Lilia. She can come and go freely to be with Gabe. And Jess's house has potential for remodeling if they need more bedrooms. I don't see her moving.
olemama
True Gossiper

Postby twomommies » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:18 am

peylizt192 wrote:
twomommies wrote:
chelsieross7 wrote:[quote="DoodleBop2"]If Lilia is having fun and dance is keeping her active allowing her to have friends etc have at it. Very few kids actually become ballerinas. She can dance just because she enjoys it. What would she be doing at home...laying around watching TV she doesn't seem to be out on the street with the bikes as much as her brothers.

I don’t think anyone has a problem with Lilia doing dance just for fun, but jessss acts like Lilia is the most talented little thing around. You can tell Jesssss pushes her dreams on Lilia
This kid looks like an awkward who. Her teeth stick out...and her pose says LOOK AT ME [img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180421/08d5893bb273c1969d2026c31260cf8e.jpg[/img]

I was a sassy little girl too lol I think it’s kind of common for little girls to be sassy.[/quote]It's okay to be sassy, but she's already doing attention seeking behaviors, which is sad. Jesss should have 1-3 days per week where she does a 1 on 1 OUTSIDE OF THE HOUSE activity with each child INDIVIDUALLY. And that means more than just Adfibs. And the baby shouldn't be brought along.

twomommies
Guru Gossiper

Postby dazzled » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:31 am

Lilia is super obnoxious and unlikable and no one can convince me otherwise. She's that attention seeking kid that everyone rolls their eyes at but has to put up with because it's frowned upon to tell children to sit down and shut the fuck up.
dazzled
Gossiper

Postby DoodleBop2 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:45 am

Lilia has been taught since she was in the womb the only way to get attention is to be more than everyone else around her. Want to make the cut to be in your own mom's vlog better be the most outlandish or you might be cut out for a brother getting a scraped knee. This is the behavior she's taught and her mother seems to want. I feel bad for Lilia because a rude awakening will come and she won't have any idea all this time some people probably thought she was rude\annoying because nobody taught her any differently.
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper

PreviousNext

• Advertisement

Return to JesssFam