JesssFam: We're Gonna Need A Bigger Van - Part 70

Luvkids
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: JesssFam: We're Gonna Need A Bigger Van - Part 70

Unread post by Luvkids »

luv2laugh wrote:Jessica really needs to join the Facebook group Trusting God in Fertility. It's an extremely active Quiverfull Facebook group where all of the women are legit obsessed with getting pregnant. Most are on their 9th baby and a some are on number 10+.
Do you actually know anyone in the group? Because that sounds like a lot of speculation. Plus, I thought that group went secret a while back anyway? I just know the quiverful movement is a separate thing from TGIF if you actually know about that movement.
tinydancer
Talker
Talker

Unread post by tinydancer »

It has been forever since I've been on here! I'm not surprised in the least that she is pregnant again though.

babyfox wrote:I think people are just pointing out that there are similarities between Jess's parenting style and those of extremely religious people.

It's sad, because I think Jess is selling herself short. She could have finished her bachelors degree for teaching by now, and be well on her way to becoming a teacher if she had just had Lilia, or maybe even Lilia and the twins. But with each kid she has, the more she sets herself back from accomplishing that. There's nothing wrong with having kids of course, but purposely having 5 when you don't have a college degree is irresponsible.

I've read opinions about how aspects of the "crunchy parenting" trend are rooted in sexism. I don't disagree.
I'd have to disagree. I think it's not the fact that she doesn't have a college degree that is irresponsible in itself...it's more so the fact that she bounces between all these men and uses babies to trap them. My brother's girlfriend is a hair stylist (so no college degree) and makes close to 70,000 a year (much of which comes from commissions for selling hair products plus she has a great client base). I know someone else who makes about 50,000 a year as a waitress. You *can* make a good living without a college degree if you go into the right field....plus I look at other youtube moms like Britneyandbaby...I don't think she has a 4 year degree either but from what it looks like she has a pretty stable family and I would definitely call her a good mom compared to Jess the Mess. I actually agree with whoever said a while back that Jess should look at being a hair stylist instead of a teacher...as people have previously stated, who would want to hire her as a teacher after seeing all her dirty laundry on youtube??? If she were a hair stylist it wouldn't matter that much.
babyfox
Informer
Informer

Unread post by babyfox »

tinydancer wrote:It has been forever since I've been on here! I'm not surprised in the least that she is pregnant again though.

babyfox wrote:I think people are just pointing out that there are similarities between Jess's parenting style and those of extremely religious people.

It's sad, because I think Jess is selling herself short. She could have finished her bachelors degree for teaching by now, and be well on her way to becoming a teacher if she had just had Lilia, or maybe even Lilia and the twins. But with each kid she has, the more she sets herself back from accomplishing that. There's nothing wrong with having kids of course, but purposely having 5 when you don't have a college degree is irresponsible.

I've read opinions about how aspects of the "crunchy parenting" trend are rooted in sexism. I don't disagree.
I'd have to disagree. I think it's not the fact that she doesn't have a college degree that is irresponsible in itself...it's more so the fact that she bounces between all these men and uses babies to trap them. My brother's girlfriend is a hair stylist (so no college degree) and makes close to 70,000 a year (much of which comes from commissions for selling hair products plus she has a great client base). I know someone else who makes about 50,000 a year as a waitress. You *can* make a good living without a college degree if you go into the right field....plus I look at other youtube moms like Britneyandbaby...I don't think she has a 4 year degree either but from what it looks like she has a pretty stable family and I would definitely call her a good mom compared to Jess the Mess. I actually agree with whoever said a while back that Jess should look at being a hair stylist instead of a teacher...as people have previously stated, who would want to hire her as a teacher after seeing all her dirty laundry on youtube??? If she were a hair stylist it wouldn't matter that much.
You have a point, it is possible to make a good living without a college degree. It's more about having a stable source of income, but Jess won't have that in the long run. If she had a skill like hair styling that she could do as a career, then I would be a lot less worried (I think becoming a hair stylist does require school of some kind, but correct me if I'm wrong). However it is a fact that finding a well paying job IS much harder without a college degree. I personally am graduating next year with a BA in psychology, and people have already given me shit about how I won't be able to find a decent paying job even with just that.

My main point is that Jess has NO backup plan for when she can't do YouTube anymore. I don't think she has any kind of work experience outside of being a dance teacher (I think?) when she was like 16-17. I also don't think she'll get her teaching degree anytime soon based on how long it's taken her to finish community college.
SaltandBurn
Talker
Talker

Unread post by SaltandBurn »

In response to the last couple of posts. I definitely agree that jess should have stopped after lilia. I also agree that you can make good money without a college degree.

I think Jess has hindered her ability to successfully accomplish any long term education/work goals. Even if she did want to be a hairstylist, having baby after baby would have prevented her from completing the progeam and actually working for more than a year at a time.

At this rate she will forever be stalling on having a stable career.
kennedee74
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by kennedee74 »

babyfox wrote: There's nothing wrong with having kids of course, but purposely having 5 when you don't have a college degree is irresponsible.
For me it's not even just that she doesn't have post secondary but she also has no current work experience and lives off an unstable income (YouTube) and she rushes into relationships and then rushes the relationships and has no stability and the minute something goes wrong she runs back to her moms. She needs to make sure her personal life is stable before continuing to have kids so she doesn't need to run back to her moms every time and so that her kids grow up with some kind of stability. She is not setting a good example for them at all. You'd think she'd get that after 6 years of the same thing happening..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not_Pregnant
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Not_Pregnant »

Drake should do this with his tattoo of Jess's face!
tinydancer
Talker
Talker

babyfox wrote:
tinydancer wrote:It has been forever since I've been on here! I'm not surprised in the least that she is pregnant again though.

You have a point, it is possible to make a good living without a college degree. It's more about having a stable source of income, but Jess won't have that in the long run. If she had a skill like hair styling that she could do as a career, then I would be a lot less worried (I think becoming a hair stylist does require school of some kind, but correct me if I'm wrong). However it is a fact that finding a well paying job IS much harder without a college degree. I personally am graduating next year with a BA in psychology, and people have already given me shit about how I won't be able to find a decent paying job even with just that.

My main point is that Jess has NO backup plan for when she can't do YouTube anymore. I don't think she has any kind of work experience outside of being a dance teacher (I think?) when she was like 16-17. I also don't think she'll get her teaching degree anytime soon based on how long it's taken her to finish community college.
No, I totally agree; she is very short sighted. I think she would be better suited for something that wasn't as much of a time commitment. You do need go to cosmetology school to be a hair stylist but it doesn't take as long as what she is aiming to do. I'm not a teacher, but I imagine it's HARD, especially being a student teacher and starting out. Yes, you might get done with work at 3pm, but you can expect to put in several hours at home every night lesson planning and grading etc. Her assertion that having 5 kids vs. 4 isn't going to make school any harder is bs. Every child you add needs that much more attention, another mouth to feed etc. I would be very surprised if she wasn't on some kind of governmental assistance, or at the very least was at some point in the past. I'm not against helping people down on their luck but she has obviously created this situation for herself so that pisses me off! Especially because, like I said, I know people who have chosen careers that don't require a degree and they work hard to make a good living. She hasn't done shit but to procreate and blast her life on youtube.
Casse
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Casse »

Not_Pregnant wrote:Image

Clearly I haven't been around long enough to know Drake has a Jess tattoo. Dear God.
babyfox
Informer
Informer

Unread post by babyfox »

I think there's a picture of it in the screenshots thread. It's so unfortunate.

Does anyone know if/how he's covered up that tattoo?
SamanthaLovettx
Talker
Talker

Unread post by SamanthaLovettx »

Did Jess do cloth nappies with the other kids?? Really can't picture that since she HATES doing washing haha
luv2laugh
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by luv2laugh »

Luvkids wrote:
luv2laugh wrote:Jessica really needs to join the Facebook group Trusting God in Fertility. It's an extremely active Quiverfull Facebook group where all of the women are legit obsessed with getting pregnant. Most are on their 9th baby and a some are on number 10+.
Do you actually know anyone in the group? Because that sounds like a lot of speculation. Plus, I thought that group went secret a while back anyway? I just know the quiverful movement is a separate thing from TGIF if you actually know about that movement.
Yep, I do know people in that group because I'm in the group. They worship Raising Arrows which is a quiverfull blog and many are very proud of being quiverfull. They do not believe in practicing birth control and they believe every baby is putting arrows in their quiver.
Chatabox
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

JesssFam: We're Gonna Need A Bigger Van - Part 70

Unread post by Chatabox »

SamanthaLovettx wrote:Did Jess do cloth nappies with the other kids?? Really can't picture that since she HATES doing washing haha
No, she didn't. She mentioned that she might. But never got around to it.

I wouldn't really call her crunchy. She didn't cloth diaper. She didn't do extended BF... 2 years is standard recommendations. Not any type of extended time frame. And Lila and Landen finished before 2 years. I think one twin was just on/after two years. So really only one kids out of 4 could be considered extended BF. She mixed fed with Lilia too. She feeds them crap. She didn't do extended RF either. They all got switched around when Chris was on the scene.
tinydancer
Talker
Talker

Double post
Last edited by tinydancer on Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
tinydancer
Talker
Talker

Double post, sorry
Last edited by tinydancer on Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
tinydancer
Talker
Talker

Chatabox wrote:
SamanthaLovettx wrote:Did Jess do cloth nappies with the other kids?? Really can't picture that since she HATES doing washing haha

I wouldn't really call her crunchy. She didn't cloth diaper. She didn't do extended BF... 2 years is standard recommendations. Not any type of extended time frame. And Lila and Landen finished before 2 years. I think one twin was just on/after two years. So really only one kids out of 4 could be considered extended BF. She mixed fed with Lilia too. She feeds them crap. She didn't do extended RF either. They all got switched around when Chris was on the scene.

I was surprised to see in one of her recent videos that the twins are forward facing when she was so adamantly against ff'ing Lilia (Didn't she rear face till beyond age 4?) My 4 year old is still rear facing so you definetly can rear face that long. To each his own, but if it is true she changed her tune when Chris came around, that's sad. Especially because if I remember correctly she spent a lot of money on seats that were capable of extended rear facing.
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

I was surprised to see in one of her recent videos that the twins are forward facing when she was so adamantly against ff'ing Lilia (Didn't she rear face till beyond age 4?) My 4 year old is still rear facing so you definetly can rear face that long. To each his own, but if it is true she changed her tune when Chris came around, that's sad. Especially because if I remember correctly she spent a lot of money on seats that were capable of extended rear facing.[/quote]

I dont think it has anything to do with Chris I think the "fad" has just run its course, it isnt "cool" anymore to do those things.. It is just normal.
MakeupGirly
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by MakeupGirly »

Casse wrote:
Not_Pregnant wrote:Image

Clearly I haven't been around long enough to know Drake has a Jess tattoo. Dear God.
Pretty sure he had her face, lips and her name tattooed on him.
MyGuiltyPleasure
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by MyGuiltyPleasure »

She used to have EBF,ERF on her instagram as if those are controversial topics that she believes in. No one would tell you not to rear face your child or not to breastfeed, or when she says she "chose" breastfeeding. Acting like shes some big advocate for something that isnt even an issue. Thats like someone saying theyre an advocate for wearing seat belts as if people need to know the benefits of wearing seat belts cause as if theres anti seat belts people in the world. Everyone would breastfeed if they could. Its not like being strongly pro choice or pro life, thats a controversial topic. I remember on her twins ultrasound she tells the tech Im really big on breastfeeding, as if she invented it or that others are mothers are just "meh" about it
Yogabbagabbat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yogabbagabbat »

tinydancer wrote:
Chatabox wrote:

I was surprised to see in one of her recent videos that the twins are forward facing when she was so adamantly against ff'ing Lilia (Didn't she rear face till beyond age 4?) My 4 year old is still rear facing so you definetly can rear face that long. To each his own, but if it is true she changed her tune when Chris came around, that's sad. Especially because if I remember correctly she spent a lot of money on seats that were capable of extended rear facing.
To be fair, it's not like she didn't do extended rear facing. ERF until 3 1/2 is still much much longer than a lot of people do it.
DoodleBop
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by DoodleBop »

MyGuiltyPleasure wrote:She used to have EBF,ERF on her instagram as if those are controversial topics that she believes in. No one would tell you not to rear face your child or not to breastfeed, or when she says she "chose" breastfeeding. Acting like shes some big advocate for something that isnt even an issue. Thats like someone saying theyre an advocate for wearing seat belts as if people need to know the benefits of wearing seat belts cause as if theres anti seat belts people in the world. Everyone would breastfeed if they could. Its not like being strongly pro choice or pro life, thats a controversial topic. I remember on her twins ultrasound she tells the tech Im really big on breastfeeding, as if she invented it or that others are mothers are just "meh" about it
Not everyone would\does choose to breastfeed even if they could. :D I think most of us have gotten to the point breastfeed or not either way feed your kid and get on with raising your kids.

Return to “JesssFam”