CandidMommy Part 1

Chevbowlyn
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: CandidMommy

Unread post by Chevbowlyn »

heilst wrote:Oh man. My grandma who lives in Minnesota says "warsh". So annoying. Lol she also says "breaksfist" instead of breakfast.
Lol, I say "warsh" and "breakfist" too. I remember back in 2005, my mother, my grandmother and my aunts were all talking about how we say "warsh" instead of wash.
thegooseiscooked

Unread post by thegooseiscooked »

Don't we all kind of say breakfist?

No one I know says "break-farst". I'll actually go you one further and tell you I pronounce it breckfist not "brake-fist". Even call it "brecky" for short.
TaylorKnows

Unread post by TaylorKnows »

I'm sure to everyone, people sound weird ya know? Because everyone's from different places. I don't consider myself to have an accent but I went to visit my cousins down South and people told me I had an accent. I was like "Don't you have one?" and I realized to them, that's not an accent lol.
thegooseiscooked

The Australian accent sounds perfectly normal to me in everyday life. The problem is that we are so used to hearing American people talking on the Tv that it sounds so weird to hear an Australian accent in a show. It just sounds wrong. Especially when an American tries to imitate an Australian accent. Awkward.

Ps you might notice that the Australians amongst us here don't often refer to " Aussies". That's an American term and, quite frankly, a bit embarrassing.
Chevbowlyn
Gossiper
Gossiper

I'm not trying to be mean or offend anybody, but I usually skip the mommies from the UK because I need subtitles for them. It isn't that bad with Australians, but sometimes it's needed.
Chevbowlyn
Gossiper
Gossiper

I'm not trying to be mean or offend anybody, but I usually skip the mommies from the UK because I need subtitles for them. It isn't that bad with Australians, but sometimes it's needed.
heilst
Informer
Informer

Unread post by heilst »

thegooseiscooked wrote:Don't we all kind of say breakfist?

No one I know says "break-farst". I'll actually go you one further and tell you I pronounce it breckfist not "brake-fist". Even call it "brecky" for short.
My grandma says breakSfist. Extra 'S' in the middle. That's what I was getting at.
thegooseiscooked

Lol, I always wet myself laughing when they have an English or Australian person on, say Oprah and they use subtitles. Frigging hilarious. Stone the bloody crows, maaaaaaate! Bahahahahahah :rofl: :rofl:
dfwmom
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by dfwmom »

This conversation needs to happy on Lucy's thread on well with her horrible accent. I don't feel like Jeni has an accent except with "aigs" for some reason which is why I think that it's so weird...

But yes, I have long made comments that she seems to have some serious eating issues. She used to talk about eating half a pan of brownies after the kids went to bed, or she once talked about eating half of this tub of cookies that she got from TJ. Once I saw the tub in real life, I was like "really?" It's pretty big. But yes, her grocery videos annoy me because, while I can understand the TJ and Costco, I can't understand why she goes to Walmart for some of her groceries. Especially when it's like the last haul where she gets more bananas, one avocado and some onions. They didn't have those items at either of the other two stores? Granted they do eat a lot of meals at home, but as someone pointed out they eat a fair share of meals out and have some food from the freezer in almost every video so spending $200 a week when you are pulling meat and some meals out of the freezer plus eating out of the house effectively three nights a week to me is crazy. Plus, there is a lot of eating going on when the camera is off because half of the things that they buy in their videos we never see in the meals videos.
TaylorKnows

dfwmom wrote:This conversation needs to happy on Lucy's thread on well with her horrible accent. I don't feel like Jeni has an accent except with "aigs" for some reason which is why I think that it's so weird...

But yes, I have long made comments that she seems to have some serious eating issues. She used to talk about eating half a pan of brownies after the kids went to bed, or she once talked about eating half of this tub of cookies that she got from TJ. Once I saw the tub in real life, I was like "really?" It's pretty big. But yes, her grocery videos annoy me because, while I can understand the TJ and Costco, I can't understand why she goes to Walmart for some of her groceries. Especially when it's like the last haul where she gets more bananas, one avocado and some onions. They didn't have those items at either of the other two stores? Granted they do eat a lot of meals at home, but as someone pointed out they eat a fair share of meals out and have some food from the freezer in almost every video so spending $200 a week when you are pulling meat and some meals out of the freezer plus eating out of the house effectively three nights a week to me is crazy. Plus, there is a lot of eating going on when the camera is off because half of the things that they buy in their videos we never see in the meals videos.
Jeni does say some things weird as well though, maybe she picked it up from Lucy? lol.

As for the cookie dough, I'm not that surprised. She had 4 slices of cake and there was a good chunk left and she ate it all later. For someone who claims to be such a health nut, not that healthy.
ohaudrey
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by ohaudrey »

Her haul videos and meal videos certainly don't add up. Maybe she should start making "in the trash" videos or "binges I don't record" videos.
And if you think about it, anything someone takes the time to record, edit, upload to YT-- they have to really like. EG Lucy is addicted to pregnancy. Jeni is clearly addicted to food.
yeahbuddy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by yeahbuddy »

i never thought about it but you all are right, where does all that food go? jeni acted weird a while back when she said she was going to start talking more about her weight loss and fitness, i wonder if she really might have some body issues. my issue with her food videos and some of her others is that she zooms in so close to everything, the camera work is so sloppy.
ladybug
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ladybug »

It's seems like all she uploads is FOOD!!
Reedsluv4u
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Reedsluv4u »

yeahbuddy wrote:i never thought about it but you all are right, where does all that food go? jeni acted weird a while back when she said she was going to start talking more about her weight loss and fitness, i wonder if she really might have some body issues. my issue with her food videos and some of her others is that she zooms in so close to everything, the camera work is so sloppy.
I think that she has general issues with everything. She is obsessive with the word perfect. I don't think anyone puts pressure on her. She does all of that on her own. She wants to be perfect and then tells everyone else that she's not perfect by any means. I personally find it kind of disturbing.
ohaudrey
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by ohaudrey »

^^i agree. Hate to say it, but I think she'd do better as a working mom, so she could use her job as an outlet for this.. And home could be a normal place for her, as opposed to trying so hard to be Joan Clever, inevitablely failing, and then being hard on herself. Oh yea, then blasting it on Yt
FLOSSY77

Unread post by FLOSSY77 »

Reedsluv4u wrote:
yeahbuddy wrote:i never thought about it but you all are right, where does all that food go? jeni acted weird a while back when she said she was going to start talking more about her weight loss and fitness, i wonder if she really might have some body issues. my issue with her food videos and some of her others is that she zooms in so close to everything, the camera work is so sloppy.
I think that she has general issues with everything. She is obsessive with the word perfect. I don't think anyone puts pressure on her. She does all of that on her own. She wants to be perfect and then tells everyone else that she's not perfect by any means. I personally find it kind of disturbing.
Stop the presses!!! I am agreeing with reedsluv. :D
I really think it is wrong for her to post videos on being organized and healthy and then spend and eat that much.I feel bad, a big day out for her out is grocery shopping.And if you think about the wanting to kiss her husband more thing..?LONELY!

P.S. Sorry Goosie,I said Aussie before.Americans say that alot.
Helena123
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Helena123 »

Is she going to be showing the kids now as drake is in the latest video. Also I don't like how she talks then does the intro it's annoying I would prefer it if the intro was at the start as now it feels like its misplaced and just cutting the video. Maybe that's just me though.
thegooseiscooked

That's okay, Flossy, Crocodile Dundee has a lot to answer for when it comes to Australian cliches. I have to admit we call Americans Yanks, despite the fact that its a civil war term and only referred to those in the north (or was it the south). I got my knowledge from Gone with the Wind :D
hellotimebomb
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by hellotimebomb »

It's not just Americans who refer to Australians as Aussies, it's a foreigner thing. I've served with a some kick ass ADF troops and they had no problem with the term Aussie. Over there we referred to eachother as Yanks, Canucks, Brits, Kiwis, Aussies etc.

People still refer to Americans as Yanks in general. In North America, we sometimes (not that common anymore) call Americans from the northern states, Yankees. Canadians are called Canucks, we don't go around calling ourselves that of course but it doesn't mean we get offended over it. These nicknames have no negative connotations, they're just names and all in good fun.
TaylorKnows

I know Southerners that still call me or people in my area "Yanks" or "Yankees" (I live in the North). Even my uncle calls himself a Yankee. I'm just like "You're not helping things." Honestly, I have heard a few Australians call themselves Aussies, but then again a majority of the Australians I talk to are younger, so maybe they feed into the stereotype.

Return to “CandidMommy”