CandidMommy Part 1

anna12345
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

CandidMommy Part 1

Unread post by anna12345 »

What do you think about Jeni (CandidMommy)?

btw, what exactly happened between her and Lucy that ruined their friendship?
junepher

Re: CandidMommy

Unread post by junepher »

I have no clue, but not even candace (sp?) The adoptive mom who accepted breastmilk from both of them, acknowledges her.
anna12345
Amateur
Amateur

I've heard something about Lucy flirting with Jeni's husband, but I'm not not sure.
junepher

Oops, i am writing on my phone and meant "doesnt acknowledge her".
anna12345
Amateur
Amateur

you wrote correctly - 'not even Candace acknowledges her'. same meaning :)
AutumnLane
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by AutumnLane »

I like her but I think its odd we NEVER see her husband, I have also noticed that over time they downsized ALOT. I love her cooking videos, & the fact they recused all their family pets.
Show me someone who never gossips, and I'll show you someone who isn't interested in people. ~Barbara Walters
OnAPlaydate
Informer
Informer

Unread post by OnAPlaydate »

I think they downsized that much because she really wanted to be a SAHM. She seems pretty dedicated to wanting to do that, and I say good for her. I feel like she's one of the few YouTube moms who walks the walk. She seems pretty dedicated to really spending their money well and keeping her family healthy.
xoxoxpiiink

Unread post by xoxoxpiiink »

I adore Jeni, she is one of the rarest youtube Moms who keep it real! :) Her crafty and cooking vids are my faves :D
yeahbuddy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by yeahbuddy »

jeni is a great mom and such an inspiration. we never see her husband i assume because he is working during the day and that is when she films. downsizing to be a sahm is perfectly fine. we did the same thing because it was a priority to our family for me to stay with our children.
thegooseiscooked

Unread post by thegooseiscooked »

Hmm...I'm in two minds about Jeni. Yes, she is a fantastic mother, seems absolutely thrilled with her two little boys and the cooking and craft projects she does with them....it blows me away. She has a LOT of patience and energy. She is very crafty, clever and imaginative. Can't fault her parenting skills at all.

However.....she does make me a little uneasy at times. The whole gun and shooting obsession. The dogs all being named something gun related. I know that this is quite a controversial topic in America and, obviously, I'm not American so I wont comment on that but suffice to say I am against guns and the ease and enthusiasm with which she talks about shooting animals makes me feel sick.

I personally think she comes across as being very smug at times. I questioned her on why she made the HOW TO CUT A WATERMELON video, she said it was much requested. Now unless there are a hell of a lot of very stupid people watching her videos, I'm pretty sure people could figure it out themselves. I think its a wee bit arrogant to make videos telling people how to do very simple things.

The whole bed sharing arrangement makes me want to puke. There's her husband, her, Deacon, Drake and 3 huge dogs (and possibly a cat) sharing one bed. She once did a video of the bed in question, it was all messy, dog hairs everywhere. I know I've rubbed a few people the wrong way already with my views on cleanliness and house pride, but that bed was feral.

She has mentioned before that her husband does not really like the whole youtube thing, doesn't want to be in her videos and you'll notice that she has NEVER mentioned his name.
junepher

You would be surprised at the amount of stupid questions people leave in the comment section. As far as the names of her dogs and guns, well let's just say im from the US and support gun rights. I somewhat agree with the cosleeping thing. If i had all of my family sleeping in the bed, i wouldnt allow the animals in, too. I dont see why she isnt trying to encourage her three year old to sleep in his own bed. If she is overly worried, she could put a toddler bed in the same room, but im going to assume it is more about them being able to roll over and cuddle him at night. I just dont see how it leaves much intimacy with her and her husband. I realize she joked that there are other places to be sexual, which is true, but it is doubtful they get very long alone times. What about adult conversation times or cuddling? It works for them, i guess. Just an interesting dynamic.
anna12345
Amateur
Amateur

thegooseiscooked wrote: I am against guns and the ease and enthusiasm with which she talks about shooting animals makes me feel sick.
Wow, I haven't noticed that. She really says it's ok to shoot animals? It doesn't make any sense... Wasn't she against eating pork and red meat because she doesn't want to kill mammals and be rude to mother nature, etc.?
junepher

anna12345 wrote:
thegooseiscooked wrote: I am against guns and the ease and enthusiasm with which she talks about shooting animals makes me feel sick.
Wow, I haven't noticed that. She really says it's ok to shoot animals? It doesn't make any sense... Wasn't she against eating pork and red meat because she doesn't want to kill mammals and be rude to mother nature, etc.?
She doesnt like the texture of meat. She eats fish, i believe. Her husband and son love meat. As to the other statement about shooting animals...i have never heard her say that. And the dog's are named things like cannon, gage, ect. Hardly what i call gun names....no one uses cannons much these days. Lol
Pemdass
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Pemdass »

I've been watching her videos for quite some time and not once have I heard her mention her love of shooting animals. Could you point out exactly where you heard that? As far as I can tell she loves her pets and if she had something against animals she would not have rescue dogs. Compared to some other mommy vloggers out there, theres really nothing bad to say about Jeni. She's a great mom and people are just nitpicking and looking for things to say when there is really nothing bad to be said.
anna12345
Amateur
Amateur

I agree.
thegooseiscooked

They go hunting all the time. Her father smokes and preserves deer meat. I have heard her mention it several times in her videos, I'm not going to go searching through them. From memory, I believe the video where she made the cinnamon rolls, they were going up to her mother and father's place for breakfast and then to spend the day shooting. I might be wrong but I know she did say it.

Cannon, guage, calibre....these are not gun related names?

Oh okay, my bad. I must have misunderstood. :? Whatever.
thegooseiscooked

junepher wrote: And the dog's are named things like cannon, gage, ect. Hardly what i call gun names....no one uses cannons much these days. Lol

Were you the one who asked how to cut a watermelon by any chance? ;)
Gremlin
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Gremlin »

I've been watching her for a while though and even though I don't have kids I do really enjoy her videos. She is the kind of mother that I would like to be if I ever have children.

I like the fact that she is very dedicated to her children and she is always doing fun stuff with them. She really makes the most out of being a stay at home mom.

I never thought of the fact that all of her animals are named after gun stuff. I don't think there's any weird meaning behind it, I think they just named one something that coincidentally had that theme and then ran with it.

I feel a bit weird about the co-sleeping thing because of some of the concerns that others have mentioned. You can't have sex with kids in the bed, after all. Though I do understand it being much easier to co-sleep if you are breast feeding because you don't have to get out of bed to feed the baby. She is still breast feeding her youngest so I guess having their other son in the bed doesn't really matter as much seeing as they already have one kid in the bed. Jeni herself has said that it's not for everyone.
mommyoftwogirlsca
Talker
Talker

Unread post by mommyoftwogirlsca »

I really like candidmommy I like her food videos :D
AutumnLane
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by AutumnLane »

thegooseiscooked wrote:Hmm...I'm in two minds about Jeni. Yes, she is a fantastic mother, seems absolutely thrilled with her two little boys and the cooking and craft projects she does with them....it blows me away. She has a LOT of patience and energy. She is very crafty, clever and imaginative. Can't fault her parenting skills at all.

However.....she does make me a little uneasy at times. The whole gun and shooting obsession. The dogs all being named something gun related. I know that this is quite a controversial topic in America and, obviously, I'm not American so I wont comment on that but suffice to say I am against guns and the ease and enthusiasm with which she talks about shooting animals makes me feel sick.

I personally think she comes across as being very smug at times. I questioned her on why she made the HOW TO CUT A WATERMELON video, she said it was much requested. Now unless there are a hell of a lot of very stupid people watching her videos, I'm pretty sure people could figure it out themselves. I think its a wee bit arrogant to make videos telling people how to do very simple things.

The whole bed sharing arrangement makes me want to puke. There's her husband, her, Deacon, Drake and 3 huge dogs (and possibly a cat) sharing one bed. She once did a video of the bed in question, it was all messy, dog hairs everywhere. I know I've rubbed a few people the wrong way already with my views on cleanliness and house pride, but that bed was feral.

She has mentioned before that her husband does not really like the whole youtube thing, doesn't want to be in her videos and you'll notice that she has NEVER mentioned his name.

1. How can you see dog hair in her blankets?
2. In America we have the right to Bear arms.
3. Hunting your own meat is more Humane and Healthier, no Steroids, free range.
4. I never saw the watermelon video BUT my watermelon Slices never look as nice as some I have seen. Lol
5. Co-sleeping is not for me, that I agree with but it seems to work for them.
6. A gun shooting Obsession, a bit over the top to call it that.
7. Let's keep this Friendly shall we!!
Show me someone who never gossips, and I'll show you someone who isn't interested in people. ~Barbara Walters

Return to “CandidMommy”