LoraandLayton Part 1

junepher

Re: LoraandLayton

Unread post by junepher »

Lora will never admit she's lacking. Ever.
starsocks
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by starsocks »

moak101 wrote:
ladybug wrote:I believe 100% she only wants boys. It's bc of mental issues why she is so terrified of having a daughter.
Because she might become jealous of her own child? She doesn't deserve a daughter. Ever.
She doesn't deserve a daughter? What a nasty thing to say.
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

starsocks wrote:
moak101 wrote:
ladybug wrote:I believe 100% she only wants boys. It's bc of mental issues why she is so terrified of having a daughter.
Because she might become jealous of her own child? She doesn't deserve a daughter. Ever.
She doesn't deserve a daughter? What a nasty thing to say.
Yeah wow that's rude! She never said she didn't want a daughter because she doesn't like girls, she said she was happy to be having all boys because she had such a rough time growing up with being bullied she wouldn't want to bring a girl into the world to maybe go through the same thing she did. I am pretty sure if she was to have a girl she would love her just as much as she loves her boys and she would be equally as excited to be having a girl.
There's nothing wrong with wanting to have all boys or all girls or wanting a mixture as long as it doesn't affect that child growing up (eg how tayler treats Jakoby because she wanted a girl). I couldn't see lora ever being like that.
moak101
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by moak101 »

The comments she makes regarding girls is pretty damn mean. Your right, it probably is out of fear, but what kind of impression does that leave on her boys? It's obvious she prefers boys. You can't argue that.

Since karma is real, I hope it comes back to bite her hard.
Kayliecoburn
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kayliecoburn »

I never wanted a daughter...I had a very toxic relationship with my mom growing up and it screwed me up psychologically in some ways.i always thought a girl would be the end of the world and that I could never possibly have a good relationship with her. I won't lie...I was disgusted my whole pregnancy with my daughter and kept thinking it would be horrible. I fell in love with my daughter the moment she was born and her and I already have a dynamic relationship and she is a total mamas girl...to the point where she only wants me. I'm sure Lora would end up loving the girl if she had one. My daughter will know her whole life story...including how she originally wasn't wanted because I think my daughter is a wonderful pro-life story...and I will make it clear I was sick in the head and that I feel totally different than I did then.

As for her l and d story...I actually found her to be humble. I am jealous she got a home birth...my hospital births were terrible. I like how she said she felt like she was losing it and wouldn't make it all the way.
ladybug
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ladybug »

Kaylie-just curious, you said your daughter is a wonderful pro life story, did you think about aborting her at one point because she was a girl?
Kayliecoburn
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kayliecoburn »

I thought about aborting her period because I was going through a lot of stuff at the time. The ONLY reason I didn't was because my very pro-life husband threatened to get a vasectomy if I did because he wasn't going to let me "kill another kid". I knew I wanted a second kid eventually and I didn't want to lose my chance so I decided to go through with the pregnancy. I found out she was a girl at 14 weeks...the cut off for abortion in my state. It took all my effort to make it through the 7 days and not do anything.

Like I said, I am not proud of it at all and my daughter is everything to me (as well as my son) now and I couldn't imagine life without her.

If I can make a total 180, Lora could too.
ladybug
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ladybug »

Kaylie- thanks for your reply and being honest.

The cutoff in my state is 24 weeks, which is kind of scary if people are doing it as a gender selection method.
VerucaSalt
Informer
Informer

Unread post by VerucaSalt »

Even more scary that at 24 weeks there is a good chance of viability...
thegooseiscooked

Unread post by thegooseiscooked »

VerucaSalt wrote:Even more scary that at 24 weeks there is a good chance of viability...

One of my son's friends was born at 24 weeks!

He is such a lovely boy, kind and quiet. He does have some health issues but otherwise plays sport, is a brilliant musician and a good looking, albeit small, young man.

The thought that someone could abort at 24 weeks is horrifying. And I am kind of on the fence with the abortion issue. 24 weeks is too late.
mommyoftwogirlsca
Talker
Talker

Unread post by mommyoftwogirlsca »

Where I live they actually made you have to pay for gender ultrasounds. Because they didn't want babies aborted because they weren't the gender a couple wanted. We didn't find out with our second and it was wonderful. Two princesses and if we got pregnant again it will be a surprise. I would love a boy but if it was a girl again it would be fine. I don't think a baby should ever be aborted or not loved or wanted because of gender. And if someone has that mind frame they shouldn't have kids. Way to many couples wish they could get pregnant and can't. So it would be just selfish.
thegooseiscooked

Unread post by thegooseiscooked »

Anyone who would abort a baby for being the wrong sex should not be having babies. :(
ButterflyB
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ButterflyB »

thegooseiscooked wrote:
VerucaSalt wrote:Even more scary that at 24 weeks there is a good chance of viability...

He is such a lovely boy, kind and quiet. He does have some health issues but otherwise plays sport, is a brilliant musician and a good looking, albeit small, young man.

The thought that someone could abort at 24 weeks is horrifying. And I am kind of on the fence with the abortion issue. 24 weeks is too late.
I was born at 24 weeks. Now 26 years later I am blessed to be here. I am blind in my right eye and have hydrocephalus but other than that nothing wrong. No developmental delays or anything. I am truly blessed and I am working hard trying to get through nursing school so I can work in the NICU with other premature babies.

I couldn't imagine anyone getting an abortion at 24 weeks, that is just horrible!
mommyoftwogirlsca
Talker
Talker

What makes Lora think that only girls get bullied. And if that made her happy to just have boys, the last time I checked boys also got bullied. The only thing you can do is try to protect your kids from being bullied.
ladybug
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ladybug »

I really think there is more to it than "girls get bullied"....
Breeandbabies
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Breeandbabies »

I think abortion is just always a sad situation. I don't think I could ever abort my child due to their gender!
mommyoftwogirlsca
Talker
Talker

ladybug wrote:I really think there is more to it than "girls get bullied"....

I heard that or read that she didn't want girls. Cause she dint want to share being a princess of the house with a daughter.
lambrini
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by lambrini »

I think people reading too much into the girl thing. If she would get a girl, she would adjust - with getting boys she is just relieved, because she knows how to "handle" them and it is not completely new to her. I mean, I know she is kinda saying she prefers boys - but then again she has no chance to say anything else because all she got are boys, right?
I guess if she would get a girl we would see if she hates on her but tbh I dont think so. I dont always like Lora that much, but she loves her kids. You can tell. I am sure she would grow to love having a little girl just as much as having boys.
"What's happened? Do I need to put down my secateurs for this?"

Unread post by Guest »

ButterflyB wrote:
thegooseiscooked wrote:

I was born at 24 weeks. Now 26 years later I am blessed to be here. I am blind in my right eye and have hydrocephalus but other than that nothing wrong. No developmental delays or anything. I am truly blessed and I am working hard trying to get through nursing school so I can work in the NICU with other premature babies.

I couldn't imagine anyone getting an abortion at 24 weeks, that is just horrible!
You're thriving with hydrocephalus?! That's absolutely awesome!! Not sure if people know how severe that is and scary, but that's really good to hear. Did you get a shunt?
ladybug
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ladybug »

It was a huge eye opener for me when I watched lora high five Layton and give this HUGE relieved smile when the u/s tech announced the gender of baby #3. That, along with all her subsequent comments about why she doesn't want a girl just disgusted me and changed my views on her.

Return to “LoraandLayton”