LoraandLayton Part 2

thegooseiscooked

Re: LoraandLayton PART 2

Unread post by thegooseiscooked »

Wait...what? They are quitting YouTube? Ding dong, the bitch is dead.

They're having to move? Lol, guess they never bought that house after all, huh?

I'd say I'm sorry for them but I'm not. You've got to be a bloody idiot putting all your personal details out there on the web.
ladybug
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by ladybug »

I doubt they're moving, probably just saying that to make people think they no longer live in their current town.

Also, if these threats are real, why can't she just report them to law enforcement? I'm not sure if I really believe this...
KatyD
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by KatyD »

ladybug wrote:I doubt they're moving, probably just saying that to make people think they no longer live in their current town.

Also, if these threats are real, why can't she just report them to law enforcement? I'm not sure if I really believe this...
Yeah it seems very strange.
Not that it right ... but death threats seem to be a big thing on youtube unfortunately. I see them being thrown around constantly.
I find it hard to believe its only just starting for her.
I mean, its great if she made it this long without them.
But with so many crazys on youtube, I dont believe it
TaylorKnows

Unread post by TaylorKnows »

ladybug wrote:I doubt they're moving, probably just saying that to make people think they no longer live in their current town.

If I got threats like that, even if I reported that to the police, I'd probably still leave YouTube too.

Then again, I don't follow her as much as Jess or the others, so I wouldn't know if this has really been an issue before.
thegooseiscooked

Well, I never understood why she put so many details out there anyway.

Didn't something like this happen just before they left Texas and she said they weren't going to be giving out personal information anymore? She has got to be so stupid, she said they were moving close to Layton's father, we know his full name and he's not that hard to google. Then she starts filming them going to all the same hang outs that they used to go to, this is the coffee shop where we met, this is the beach where we got married blah blah blah. Derrrrrrr....any fool could tell they were back on Amelia island.

And to show the back view of the house overlooking a lake and she said they were 5 minutes from the beach. She's shown shots of the houses and street out front. Any one of us on here could find her house on google maps within 5 minutes.

What did she expect? People are crazy.
thegooseiscooked

Forget it, I just googled Layton and they're listed in the white pages. **eye roll**
Upnorthgal13

Unread post by Upnorthgal13 »

holy shit their address with a map is right on there lol wowww
marshmellow
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by marshmellow »

ok i may sound like a biatch here but a strange thought came across. What if the real reason behind her quitting YT is something else ? What if her life is no more "perfect" and she doesn't want the world to know ? To maintain her "perfect" image . What if something has gone wrong between her Layton ? I am sure she would never show us that side of her life if something like that were to happen. What if something like that has happened ?
junepher

Unread post by junepher »

^ That is my suspicion, too. Just seems very odd. Plenty of people on youtube get threats or creepy comments. I don't think they will move unless her and layton split or he gets another job.
ladybug
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ladybug »

I agree with both comments. I think she's gotten "death threats" for years but she's using this as an excuse for her way out. That seems like something she would do if her life was ever less than "perfect".
hotcoffee
Informer
Informer

Unread post by hotcoffee »

Either way death threats aren't funny. Who the hell says that kind of shit. Sure there are sickos out there but I'm willing to bet these threats aren't serious and just trying to scare her of YouTube which is some bullshit. Gossiping is one thing, actually affecting someone's life is another and it's disgusting.
I don't care about your life
hotcoffee
Informer
Informer

Unread post by hotcoffee »

Am I the only one who isn't happy to see her go off YouTube? I didn't think she was amazing, but I like following people and if everyone stops vlgging because people can't be halfway decent and not threaten someone's family then that really sucks.
I don't care about your life
mandylouwho
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by mandylouwho »

I'm not happy to see her go but I'm not as upset over it as most of her followers. Honestly it's less upsetting to me than a tv show getting canceled and I won't see what happens with the characters. I guess I never got super attached to Lora though. There's a couple of YouTubers who I'd miss if they quit making videos though. Maybe lora will still update IG occasionally so her followers can see the kids without her giving away any details about their lives or location
annat88
Informer
Informer

Unread post by annat88 »

her channel still has all of the videos up which makes me wonder if she will be leaving them all to still collect earnings on, that seems odd because anyone could still watch them to gather information about where any of her family members live and frequent, and of course the fact that their full names are so public. there are services you can use for very cheap that kind of like an identity theft monitoring monthly subscription but they erase any personal information about you that comes up on the web. i am surprise more youtubers don't use these things, it is scary how easy it is to find any of them without even trying. sure it is interesting to watch house tours and be nosey about where people live and where they go, but i respect youtube moms especially that will not show their home or neighborhood and make an effort to keep details about their location somewhat private. i do not believe this is the first time lora has received any strange comments or "threats" given how long she has been on youtube and how much information she shares, i am sure it happens often. plus she previously made a big deal about moving and having to be more private, so obviously people have pushed her to that before. maybe there was something more to it this time that made them realize the magnitude of how much they share, or maybe it is a lie and she doesn't want to show something not so perfect but lora would be stupid to quit the easy income of youtube if she were facing being on her own. i will bet that they are back on social media in some way soon, we all saw how (not) long her last "i am going to be more private to protect my family" stint lasted.
ladybug
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ladybug »

Her comment in that message: "but it's just time to move on," shows something else to me. I think Lora knows whatever threats were made were not serious and it's probably a teenage troll sitting behind his computer thinking he's funny. I've seen it many times on other channels in the comment section saying things like, "I'm going to kill your baby."
Use your head for a minute, if someone was serious about hurting any other these you tubers, the last thing they would do would be to contact them beforehand. It would just happen, without warning and a chance for them to contact the authorities.
AutumnLane
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by AutumnLane »

I smell BS ladies. This proves owning the house was a lie. She will be back before you know it just being more carful about what's posted.
Show me someone who never gossips, and I'll show you someone who isn't interested in people. ~Barbara Walters
AutumnLane
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Double post
Last edited by AutumnLane on Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show me someone who never gossips, and I'll show you someone who isn't interested in people. ~Barbara Walters
AutumnLane
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Triple post... Guess everybody in flooding this thread lol
cecegirl
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by cecegirl »

What makes her think moving to another house would be safer? If someone was really serious about hurting her family, I think he would follow them wherever they go.
So, now is she gonna abandon the new house they just bought and pack up the kids and go into hiding?
She is not telling the REAL reason behind quitting yt and moving for sure.
cecegirl
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by cecegirl »

Double post

Return to “LoraandLayton”