Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk
springsahm
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DailyOutOfTouchWithReality Part 87

Post by springsahm » Wed May 24, 2017 3:42 pm

Theirmom wrote:Guess I'm in the minority, but if I were paying an obscene amount of money for a service, I damn well want it done ON TIME. Outside of circumstances clearly stipulated in the contract (weather, injury, unforeseen issue with the property), I expect what I pay for, WHEN I paid for it to be done.

Loudly whining within earshot is passive aggressive. They have no excuse to be rude, but it's hardly entitlement to expect a service you've paid for.

I can't help but think the only reason their complaints are being condemned is because you all disagree with the project. But the principle remains the same regardless of the ostentatiousness of the purchase. It's not unreasonable to be annoyed when someone you paid isn't fulfilling their contract as stipulated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I completely agree with you. Now the situations are totally different, but we put all our savings into a bathtub replacement and the workers took over a week because they brought the wrong tub. It was supposed to take two days. The owner was such a rude asshole when I complained it was unacceptable for us not to be able shower that long in our only tub!! Granted, this was our only bathroom and we both worked so the inconvenience was real. They did end up doing shoddy work, which I blame myself for for complaining, but I was honestly livid we put all this money in and the owner was being a real dick about even giving us a discount. I couldn't help throwing a fit. I did get that discount, though. I am never going with a contractor again. Lesson learned.

My point is, when you spend lots of money on a remodel, it really is frustrating when the project takes longer than expected. I hate DB, but they are in the right if their contract has a specified end date (even if estimate) and it is isn't being done as promised (weather permitting of course). Plus, that project must have cost so much money. The least they should expect is timely completion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Coolowl
Informer
Informer

Post by Coolowl » Wed May 24, 2017 4:01 pm

Welcome to the dark fortress of laziness.

theycallmekaren
Amateur
Amateur

Post by theycallmekaren » Wed May 24, 2017 4:05 pm

Coolowl wrote:Welcome to the dark fortress of laziness.

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201705 ... 6aea39.png[/img]

Looks like the pool got some nice photoshop too!

yoyo16
Informer
Informer

Post by yoyo16 » Wed May 24, 2017 4:05 pm

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201705 ... 6fc056.png[/img]

Missy's rudeness won!
Notice that someone spray painted a smiley face over the frown! ImageImageImage
cats-or-die
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by cats-or-die » Wed May 24, 2017 4:19 pm

I honestly think the pool is going to look pretty sweet when it's done. It's huge and over the top, but I wouldn't complain if that was my backyard

I'm more annoyed at fucking Missy inside of it being a fucking asshole. "Look at my huge expensive hole in the ground! It's because of meeeeee it'll be done by Friday!"

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by onbreak » Wed May 24, 2017 4:23 pm

The distance from the slide to the other side of the pool doesn't look safe

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by onbreak » Wed May 24, 2017 4:24 pm

Also the rock looks like it could come alive and eat her at any moment

HelloSweetie
Support Moddie
Support Moddie

Post by HelloSweetie » Wed May 24, 2017 4:25 pm

Missy forgot to watch her angle in that photo. She's definitely put on weight :?
Coolowl
Informer
Informer

Post by Coolowl » Wed May 24, 2017 4:34 pm

Missy's rudeness won!
Notice that someone spray painted a smiley face over the frown! ImageImageImage[/quote]

I wouldn't be surprised if that was photoshopped in since it won't ever be seen once it's plastered over...or they did it.

Whatever work needs to be done is going to end up shotty now since they wanted their big reveal to be a "special memorial day" vlog.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was papa that got them to "finish" the pool by Friday. I hope it rains. :-P
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by lmmomSD » Wed May 24, 2017 4:35 pm

Bryan posted an IG story of him using a leaf blower on Ollie. Right in his face. First of all, he calls Ollie a toddler again, which makes me irrationally angry, but what if he blew a little pebble into Ollie's face, or dirt into his eyes? Such a jerk!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by tintin15 » Wed May 24, 2017 4:42 pm

I don't think Missy's complaining is what did it. If it is, for sure something is going to be messed up with the pool because they didn't get a chance to finish it.

But, I think Missy only THINKS it was her complaining and the precious princess got her way. I think they were already planning to plaster and fill the pool tomorrow, but Missy was too impatient and instead of asking when it would be finished, went and was rude to them.

If that's the case, I hope she feels like a real bitch.
ladyju28
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ladyju28 » Wed May 24, 2017 4:55 pm

lmmomSD wrote:So, if they are admitting to bitching at the pool guys now, we know where that frowny face in the pool came from!

Im sorry, but if I'm paying so much money for something and they promised me it will be done at a certain time, I'll be pissed, too!!
I will curse the shit out of them, lol.
yoyo16
Informer
Informer

DailyOutOfTouchWithReality Part 87

Post by yoyo16 » Wed May 24, 2017 4:56 pm

Coolowl wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if that was photoshopped in since it won't ever be seen once it's plastered over...or they did it.

Whatever work needs to be done is going to end up shotty now since they wanted their big reveal to be a "special memorial day" vlog.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was papa that got them to "finish" the pool by Friday. I hope it rains. :-P

You're right, it looks photoshopped. If you look closely, you can see a white line around the blue color of the smiley.
ladyju28
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ladyju28 » Wed May 24, 2017 5:00 pm

Theirmom wrote:Guess I'm in the minority, but if I were paying an obscene amount of money for a service, I damn well want it done ON TIME. Outside of circumstances clearly stipulated in the contract (weather, injury, unforeseen issue with the property), I expect what I pay for, WHEN I paid for it to be done.

Loudly whining within earshot is passive aggressive. They have no excuse to be rude, but it's hardly entitlement to expect a service you've paid for.

I can't help but think the only reason their complaints are being condemned is because you all disagree with the project. But the principle remains the same regardless of the ostentatiousness of the purchase. It's not unreasonable to be annoyed when someone you paid isn't fulfilling their contract as stipulated.

Exactly! I've seen numerous times (in the background) that there was good weather but the workers were not there!
Coolowl
Informer
Informer

Post by Coolowl » Wed May 24, 2017 5:06 pm

ladyju28 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:So, if they are admitting to bitching at the pool guys now, we know where that frowny face in the pool came from!

Im sorry, but if I'm paying so much money for something and they promised me it will be done at a certain time, I'll be pissed, too!!
I will curse the shit out of them, lol.
This is no way to treat people though no matter how much you paid. It's understandable to get frustrated and annoyed but to treat people like crap just because something is behind schedule, which I am sure they were fully aware of, is no way to react.

Since I have been on the other end when I call customer service anywhere or even in person I don't curse at them or get nasty no matter how mad I may be. I may get frustrated but I try to keep my cool because I know the service I receive in return will be so much better with a cooler head.
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by lmmomSD » Wed May 24, 2017 5:07 pm

We don't know what their deal was with the pool people. They likely have other places that they're working on. But just assuming the pool people screwed up is just as bad as assuming that Missy was just being a bitch. The thing is, that Bryan and Missy have a history of blaming companies for things that are their fault, so it's hard to trust their word.

fossilfinger
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by fossilfinger » Wed May 24, 2017 5:10 pm

ladyju28 wrote: Exactly! I've seen numerous times (in the background) that there was good weather but the workers were not there!
They could have put down some material that needs to dry or set for a certain period of time, preventing them from working on the pool.

Or just not believe in overworking their laborers.

Yeesh.
Coolowl
Informer
Informer

Post by Coolowl » Wed May 24, 2017 5:11 pm

ladyju28 wrote:

Exactly! I've seen numerous times (in the background) that there was good weather but the workers were not there!
Yeah but remember that a lot of the time they are filming late in the afternoon trying to make it seem like it's early. For all we know the workers could have gone home by then. Also, if they had any permit issues you wouldn't see the workers either. Construction is a very tricky thing especially when working outdoors. So many little unexpected things can happen that will push a deadline back more and more.

This whole thing is about them wanting their memorial day pool party.
Coolowl
Informer
Informer

Post by Coolowl » Wed May 24, 2017 5:14 pm

fossilfinger wrote:
ladyju28 wrote: Exactly! I've seen numerous times (in the background) that there was good weather but the workers were not there!
They could have put down some material that needs to dry or set for a certain period of time, preventing them from working on the pool.

Or just not believe in overworking their laborers.

Yeesh.
Exactly...or maybe some materials were on backorder or discontinued and they had to find something else.

We will never know but I'm sure there will be issues with the finished product that they will blame on the workers.
HelloSweetie
Support Moddie
Support Moddie

Post by HelloSweetie » Wed May 24, 2017 5:15 pm

Are people for real? We saw Missy and Bryan adding customizations after the workers had started. This will most definitely effect the timeline for completion in most cases. We saw this same thing with Ellie and her ice palace. Princess kept adding things and then pouted when her house wasn't completed "on time." Most professional companies have a line up of other jobs they want to get to if the jobs are paid per contract and not hourly. There is no incentive to just be lazy and take their time. My guess is B&M were bitter because they tried to throw more money at the workers to complete the job faster and the contractor told them to piss off. Labourers have families they want to spend time with too.
Coolowl
Informer
Informer

Post by Coolowl » Wed May 24, 2017 5:18 pm

HelloSweetie wrote:Are people for real? We saw Missy and Bryan adding customizations after the workers had started. This will most definitely effect the timeline for completion in most cases. We saw this same thing with Ellie and her ice palace. Princess kept adding things and then pouted when her house wasn't completed "on time." Most professional companies have a line up of other jobs they want to get to if the jobs are paid per contract and not hourly. There is no incentive to just be lazy and take their time. My guess is B&M were bitter because they tried to throw more money at the workers to complete the job faster and the contractor told them to piss off. Labourers have families they want to spend time with too.
Thank you
Makennnzie
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Makennnzie » Wed May 24, 2017 5:28 pm

Uhhhhhh they just gave a 1.5 year old Bubble Gum.

For reals?

On Instagram story.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Playsinrain » Wed May 24, 2017 5:38 pm

yoyo16 wrote:
Coolowl wrote:

You're right, it looks photoshopped. If you look closely, you can see a white line around the blue color of the smiley.
It's 100% photo shopped. Not only is it poorly done and you can just look at it and tell, but when they showed it on the vlog it was painted in grey, not blue!! The grey eyebrows from the original frown are still there!! It's so weird to me that they fake stuff like that. Not only is it weird and petty (like who cares enough to photoshop that??) but it's something that can be easily seen as fake if you watch the vlogs. If they are petty enough to photoshop a smile over a frown then what all ARE they really hiding from viewers?? It's just weird and creepy.
ladyju28
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ladyju28 » Wed May 24, 2017 5:56 pm

Of course he's Image ImageImage

Return to “Daily Bumps”