Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Daily"Oll"AboutOllie (Daily Bumps) - Part 92

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

Previous thread - http://ytmommadrama.com/viewtopic.php?f=188&t=13048
Title credit - spooky

Previously:
-Hashtag died, so naturally let's replace him with 2 more fish and a lizard
-Ollie turned 4 and has had one birthday celebration so far, with another to come this weekend
-Finn got sick on the plane home from Alabama, where they visited Cullen and Katie for Brooks' birthday, so naturally he's the worst and a burden (not directly stated, but implied)

Continue.
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
kittypurry
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Re: Daily"Oll"AboutOllie (Daily Bumps) - Part 92

Unread post by kittypurry »

Missy said Ollie can *almost* recognize numbers 1-10, no mention of if he can say them. She tried to get him to sing the ABCs with her but it was like pulling teeth. He almost looks like he's trying to do ventriloquism with how little his jaw moved when he was able to sing along, he seems to form sounds using just his lips.

Missy asked him how he'd feel about Finn sleeping in his room, and they talked about getting a bunk bed in the next few months. I was expecting a pregnancy announcement! I guess instead of having Finn transition to a big kid bed of his own they'll just have him go from crib to bunk bed?

At the end Missy asked Ollie if he wants another sibling and he said absolutely not lol. It was kind of cute how he said "no, just Finn". She said she'd ask again next year. Sounds like they are definitely talking about another baby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
alyssadt
Informer
Informer

Unread post by alyssadt »

Idk why she needed to do an all about Ollie video when everything is already all about him

foreversoulmates
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by foreversoulmates »

Wow. I'm hoping he is just camera shy because I can understand him 80% of the time. My 3 year old seems so much older than Ollie.
alyssadt
Informer
Informer

Unread post by alyssadt »

And ffs she admits that his night terrors may be caused by the shows he's watching but DOES. NOTHING. ABOUT. IT.

Shorty02
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Shorty02 »

Yeah Missy, we know your child is mimicking what he sees on tv. The kid plays with guns and swords like a professional assassin. Whatever happened to you not letting him play with guns?

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Someone said in the last thread, "no reason for his birthday to be a YouTube extravaganza". But we all know it will be. Remember last year? There were tons of people there, all YouTubers. They aren't Ollie's "friends". It's ridiculous. It's just to show off. That party for his actual birthday should have been enough. He's four. He hasn't been in preschool yet. He doesn't have friends. Having another party with people flying in for it is beyond ridiculous. I just can't with these people and their showing off.
Last year, all these kids were commenting "I wish my parents would throw me a party like that". It's not right. These kids, most of them, probably have hard working parents who throw them perfectly nice parties. But compared to the YouTube Extravaganza that is Ollie's world, it looks lame. So they're "parenting goals". SMH.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

I was so proud! Bryan said "this present is from mommy and daddy" maybe he read here yesterday lol

sammibro
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by sammibro »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201707 ... a2a54e.png[/img]

Sorry not sorry, but Ollie looks like the spawn of the devil in this picture! Maybe that's why Bryan had to mention that Ollie loves Jesus? I don't think this is a cute picture at all, but I guess Bryan does because Ollie is a little blond Bryan at this point. I feel like Ollie's bratty-ness really shows in this picture. I feel bad that the Lumps are raising him this way instead of being a nice and polite kid. All they want is a money maker, and that's sad. But pictures like this aren't going to get Ollie cast in any roles other than maybe a "toddler" version of Damien from The Omen!

theg0ssiping1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by theg0ssiping1 »

things i learned from today's video:

ollie is spoiled
brybry hates letting missy talk to the camera
ollie is spoiled
finn got a present to go with ollie's gift
ollie is poiled
in a world full of youtubers choose to be honest.
100midas
Informer
Informer

Unread post by 100midas »

She's too lazy to pay attention to what Ollie watches. At least, that's what I got from her video. She admitted he was having night terrors and mimicking negative behavior because of the shows he watches. Hello? You could be working on correcting that right NOW. But no, it's easier to just plop him in front of the TV in a room by himself while you take naps on the couch and do #fun things. Parent goals for sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pineapples
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Pineapples »

I don't really post here often but I cannot believe Ollie is 4!! His speech is terrible I truly thought he was going to be 3!

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Oohh, what big gift will he get Saturday???
He was unimpressed by 90% of his gifts
Sad a kid that's only 4 is so jaded
I was happy he got a bike ... Then out comes auntie with the power wheel... Will they allow that kid any form of excersie, other than swimming? I mean, if they dont put him in a fencing class what's the point of allowing this sword obsession

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

onbreak wrote:Oohh, what big gift will he get Saturday???
He was unimpressed by 90% of his gifts
Sad a kid that's only 4 is so jaded
I was happy he got a bike ... Then out comes auntie with the power wheel... Will they allow that kid any form of excersie, other than swimming? I mean, if they dont put him in a fencing class what's the point of allowing this sword obsession

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
That's so much what I think. That kid is totally jaded. At four. Disneyland isn't magical, presents are an everyday thing, and the world revolves around him. School is going to be a shocker for him. I just hope they let him tough it out.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
CallieT
Informer
Informer

Unread post by CallieT »

You know, that vlog was actually much more tolerable than I expected. The roulette thing was a stupid idea. But they actually got Finn a present (of course, I do think it's ridiculous to give siblings birthday presents but since they give Ollie presents on Finns birthday I'm glad they did) and Missy was even nursing him while they were giving Ollie his bike. I'm honestly surprised he wasn't 'napping' during the whole thing, there was lots of cute footage of him. I think the cake they made for Ollie was cute too, and I like that they handmade it. He still got way more presents than a 4 year old needs, or that I would ever give my child for a birthday, but it wasn't as bad as I expected.

His real birthday party will probably be a nightmare though.
whatsbeyond
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by whatsbeyond »

The wall of presents. I can't wait to see Finns bday in October. There will be 2 presents. "Oh he just doesn't really need any toys, he's happy playing with Ollie's." I bought my 6 year old a $1 pair of goggles for her pool...happiest 6 year old on earth.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
BaffledByItAll
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by BaffledByItAll »

Pineapples wrote:I don't really post here often but I cannot believe Ollie is 4!! His speech is terrible I truly thought he was going to be 3! Image

Yeah -- I see a lot of comments about his speech and as a preschool teacher, it isn't nearly as bad as a lot of people make it out to be. It would be helpful if his parents emphasized his missing sounds and corrected his incorrect words, but even over the last year his speech has improved and it will likely continue to improve naturally as he gets older and goes to school. If he needs some sort of speech therapy hopefully that will be assessed in the preschool setting he will be in (though private schools are a tossup for that), but honestly I have worked with plenty of kiddos his age with missing speech sounds worse than his and they didn't qualify. Some sounds aren't considered a true issue until the age of 6 or 7 and a child missing only one or two sounds doesn't necessarily qualify. I personally was able to understand everything he said in his "All about Ollie" video without any issues.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

CallieT wrote:You know, that vlog was actually much more tolerable than I expected. The roulette thing was a stupid idea. But they actually got Finn a present (of course, I do think it's ridiculous to give siblings birthday presents but since they give Ollie presents on Finns birthday I'm glad they did) and Missy was even nursing him while they were giving Ollie his bike. I'm honestly surprised he wasn't 'napping' during the whole thing, there was lots of cute footage of him. I think the cake they made for Ollie was cute too, and I like that they handmade it. He still got way more presents than a 4 year old needs, or that I would ever give my child for a birthday, but it wasn't as bad as I expected.

The "present" they got for Finn wasn't really for him though. It was another part to the pirate ship "so they can play together.." It was an 82pc playmobil pirate set for ages 4+... that was NOT for Finn, it was just something he could open so no one would bitch bc Ollie got to open gifts on Finn's birthday. Big difference is the gifts Ollie got for Finn's birthday were actually age appropriate and FOR him, this was not the case. Of course Finn didn't get anything for Ollie's birthday! (To be clear, i do not approve of gifts for siblings on other siblings bdays, my point is, if you do it for one you should do it for the other. This is just another page in the sad story of Finn being the 2nd best in this family.)
whatsbeyond
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by whatsbeyond »

Sorry I realized half of that wall were fake presents. Still...more than I've ever gotten on a single bday in 32 years lol.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
CallieT
Informer
Informer

Unread post by CallieT »

Playsinrain wrote:
CallieT wrote:You know, that vlog was actually much more tolerable than I expected. The roulette thing was a stupid idea. But they actually got Finn a present (of course, I do think it's ridiculous to give siblings birthday presents but since they give Ollie presents on Finns birthday I'm glad they did) and Missy was even nursing him while they were giving Ollie his bike. I'm honestly surprised he wasn't 'napping' during the whole thing, there was lots of cute footage of him. I think the cake they made for Ollie was cute too, and I like that they handmade it. He still got way more presents than a 4 year old needs, or that I would ever give my child for a birthday, but it wasn't as bad as I expected.

The "present" they got for Finn wasn't really for him though. It was another part to the pirate ship "so they can play together.." It was an 82pc playmobil pirate set for ages 4+... that was NOT for Finn, it was just something he could open so no one would bitch bc Ollie got to open gifts on Finn's birthday. Big difference is the gifts Ollie got for Finn's birthday were actually age appropriate and FOR him, this was not the case. Of course Finn didn't get anything for Ollie's birthday! (To be clear, i do not approve of gifts for siblings on other siblings bdays, my point is, if you do it for one you should do it for the other. This is just another page in the sad story of Finn being the 2nd best in this family.)
Oh yeah, I still agree with you that's there's huge favoritism towards Ollie, it just wasn't as bad as I expected it that makes sense, especially compared to how they've treated Finn in some other vlogs.

Return to “Daily Bumps”