Daily"Oll"AboutOllie (Daily Bumps) - Part 92

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: Daily"Oll"AboutOllie (Daily Bumps) - Part 92

Post by lmmomSD » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:03 pm

Carrie Fisher had an expensive drug problem. But I agree with your basic point. DB especially act as if they planted a money tree in their yard. What blows me away is the purchases that we never see again-- Missy's Caddy, the dune buggy... They have four cars at least-- the Vulva, the truck, the Caddy, and Bryan's Camaro (I think it's a Camaro). Freaking ridiculous. And digging up a perfectly good pool, and the outdoor kitchen that they pretty much only use for parties. It's irresponsible and maddening.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by cat9480 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:28 pm

Theirmom wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:Carrie Fisher made millions and millions of dollars through a career spanning over 40 years (and was born into wealth) and yet her estate only had a value of 7 million when she died. These vloggers are looking at MAYBE 10 years of fortune before falling into obscurity. They are basically looking at early retirement because lets face it, most won't want to return to work for what will then seem like next to nothing. They should all be saving/investing instead of upgrading their lifestyle. Vloggers like E&J, DB and even C&K I feel are in for a bit of a reality check post-YT.
It's really hard to re-enter the workforce. I've been a SAHM for nearly ten years, and I'm terrified of going back to work in a few years. And I have a college degree and years of working experience to fall back on.
Most of these vloggers have no higher education and no relevant work experience. Yeah, they all have self-taught marketing, video and production skills, but without certification or diplomas from reputable schools, they'll never work in the mainstream media.
When they reach the inevitable point of irrelevancy, if they haven't saved, they'll all be working minimum wage service industry jobs. There is nothing wrong with that line of work, but they absolutely will not have the same lifestyle they've become accustomed to.
I wonder how long until we hear of the first big YouTuber bankruptcy filing.
The sad thing is that even though they have plenty of money and could go back to school for a degree once YT dries up, they probably won't. They *do* have some relevant experience - likely not enough to get them far in the work world, but certainly enough to start with if they want to pursue a degree or certification of some sort. Plenty of adults go to college and it's never too late to start - if they vlog until their kids are off to school, they would be in the perfect position to take some classes during the school day. Once the kids are older and gone for a big chunk of the day, it's going to be hard to get good vlog footage anyway.

One thing that irritates me to no end with the bumps and many other vloggers is that they have the resources to make changes, but they sit around and whine to a camera about it all day. They have plenty of time and money to exercise, eat healthy, travel, pursue a hobby, get a degree...whatever they want! There is no excuse for them not to have marketable skills to fall back on. Online classes are offered everywhere now...you can even take FREE classes from colleges online. Even if college isn't their thing, they could start a little business or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shorty02
Informer
Informer

Post by Shorty02 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:36 pm

cat9480 wrote:
Theirmom wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:Carrie Fisher made millions and millions of dollars through a career spanning over 40 years (and was born into wealth) and yet her estate only had a value of 7 million when she died. These vloggers are looking at MAYBE 10 years of fortune before falling into obscurity. They are basically looking at early retirement because lets face it, most won't want to return to work for what will then seem like next to nothing. They should all be saving/investing instead of upgrading their lifestyle. Vloggers like E&J, DB and even C&K I feel are in for a bit of a reality check post-YT.
It's really hard to re-enter the workforce. I've been a SAHM for nearly ten years, and I'm terrified of going back to work in a few years. And I have a college degree and years of working experience to fall back on.
Most of these vloggers have no higher education and no relevant work experience. Yeah, they all have self-taught marketing, video and production skills, but without certification or diplomas from reputable schools, they'll never work in the mainstream media.
When they reach the inevitable point of irrelevancy, if they haven't saved, they'll all be working minimum wage service industry jobs. There is nothing wrong with that line of work, but they absolutely will not have the same lifestyle they've become accustomed to.
I wonder how long until we hear of the first big YouTuber bankruptcy filing.
The sad thing is that even though they have plenty of money and could go back to school for a degree once YT dries up, they probably won't. They *do* have some relevant experience - likely not enough to get them far in the work world, but certainly enough to start with if they want to pursue a degree or certification of some sort. Plenty of adults go to college and it's never too late to start - if they vlog until their kids are off to school, they would be in the perfect position to take some classes during the school day. Once the kids are older and gone for a big chunk of the day, it's going to be hard to get good vlog footage anyway.

One thing that irritates me to no end with the bumps and many other vloggers is that they have the resources to make changes, but they sit around and whine to a camera about it all day. They have plenty of time and money to exercise, eat healthy, travel, pursue a hobby, get a degree...whatever they want! There is no excuse for them not to have marketable skills to fall back on. Online classes are offered everywhere now...you can even take FREE classes from colleges online. Even if college isn't their thing, they could start a little business or something.

Honestly, I don't see them going back to college. They have proven that they can make an obscene amount of money without much of an education and I think they (especially the Mechams and Lannings) will just keep chasing the next money making venture, whatever that may be.

At least they have experience in making and editing videos and participating in all of these vlogging conventions. Maybe they could work for a tv station or radio? They won't be making the same kind of money though.
ewokfan11
BANNED
BANNED

Post by ewokfan11 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:45 pm

Theirmom wrote:I wonder how long until we hear of the first big YouTuber bankruptcy filing.
I think it will be Charles Trippy. His channel is DEAD, but he can't seem to move on from YT. I think the ONLY reason Charles and Allie went to DBs pool party was for views. He couldn't even afford a honeymoon until they got a free/sponsored RV for a road trip.
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by lmmomSD » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:57 pm

But there are people out there with actual degrees that want those editing jobs. They wouldn't get past the resume screening software for a job at a TV station. Almost every job these days, you have to apply online for.

tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by tintin15 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:06 pm

Missy and Bryan do have a fallback when Youtube ends - Ollie's modeling/acting career. Because they're so deluded, they can't have a college degree or honed skill as a fallback. Their fallback is something that HAS fallbacks because it's so difficult to get into, because they're so sure Ollie is this charming little boy who will take the world by storm and make money for them, and they can't possibly have normal jobs. They're better than that.
heymallie
Talker
Talker

Post by heymallie » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:34 pm

A little off topic, but which sitcom intro do you think Bryan will be ripping off for their new intro?

ja14
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ja14 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:42 pm

I disagree that they couldn't get a good job. They've gained a lot of great skills that would be useful to an employee. HOWEVER, I can't imagine them wanting to work under someone and no longer be big shots. They would rather cry about how they are broke and try to get handouts.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Support Moddie
Support Moddie

Post by HelloSweetie » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:47 pm

lmmomSD wrote:But there are people out there with actual degrees that want those editing jobs. They wouldn't get past the resume screening software for a job at a TV station. Almost every job these days, you have to apply online for.

Exactly. Every kid out there these days dreams of being a You Tuber. There is a 10 year old on my son's class that has a gaming channel. There are only a handful of really successful channels, but editing skill isn't really a deciding factor in those. It's only a matter of time before your average high school graduate is able to edit basic videos and add "You Tube channel" to their resume.

The Mechams and Lannings may want to jump to the next easy thing, but this doesn't mean it will pay off. They could just end up gambling with the money they do have left.
tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by tintin15 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:07 pm

lalila wrote:The other day I saw a documentary about the fact that 1 out of 2 persons who win the lottery in the US will loose all the money eventually. The main reason is that they get no help from financial advisors and do not realise the money is not unlimited.

I couldn't help but think of the bumps. It's not the lotery but well....

The AMOUNT of money they spend is sickening. Yes at the minute the money comes in easily but it might stop....are they investing their money somehow?

Anyway, can someone explain me what the penthouse upgrade is about? I watch so rarely nowadays... when I watch I want to vomit just thinking of all the kids out there that don't have food or toys while this family is pooping dollars.
They went to Vegas for their honeymoon. Once at the hotel, they started acting like the elevator was taking them up too high and how they're supposed to be in a "small 300 foot room", but the elevator is going too high for that. Then they get up to the floor with the penthouse and walk in, claiming they got an upgrade.

Apparently the penthouse is an airbnb anyway, so it's impossible for the hotel to just have randomly given them an upgrade from a normal suite to the best one. They're just trying to seem so totally famous to their viewers, but they obviously paid a hell of a lot for the room and are just lying...
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by lmmomSD » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:19 pm

I want SO badly to ask them if they would have called a 300 SF room a "shoebox" when they were living in Mimi and Papa's garage.
And call them out on the lie about the upgrade... But I don't want to be swarmed by nine year olds telling me to STFU and that I am just jealous. Not. Not at all. Definitely wouldn't trade places with them. I may not have four cars and five acres and a big fancy house, but I have real friends who love me and wonderful children whom I have raised to be people I'm proud of.
Remember when they referred to the Prius as their "dream car"?

cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by cat9480 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:21 pm

tintin15 wrote:
lalila wrote:The other day I saw a documentary about the fact that 1 out of 2 persons who win the lottery in the US will loose all the money eventually. The main reason is that they get no help from financial advisors and do not realise the money is not unlimited.

I couldn't help but think of the bumps. It's not the lotery but well....

The AMOUNT of money they spend is sickening. Yes at the minute the money comes in easily but it might stop....are they investing their money somehow?

Anyway, can someone explain me what the penthouse upgrade is about? I watch so rarely nowadays... when I watch I want to vomit just thinking of all the kids out there that don't have food or toys while this family is pooping dollars.
They went to Vegas for their honeymoon. Once at the hotel, they started acting like the elevator was taking them up too high and how they're supposed to be in a "small 300 foot room", but the elevator is going too high for that.
Complete with terrible acting, shifty eyes, and Missy dramatically popping her ears because they were going so high. You know, just to emphasize that they are going allllll the way up to that fancy penthouse Image And of course Bryan is as loud as can be the entire time.

tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by tintin15 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:30 pm

I can't edit. For their ANNIVERSARY, not their honeymoon :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Apparently I've traveled from the past of a different world.
ohhiitsdee

Post by ohhiitsdee » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:04 pm

Did anyone else notice the 50% off tag on Bumblebee? I wouldn't be surprised if it showed up at their house in a few weeks...
brownprincess93
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by brownprincess93 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:31 pm

Aww the kids finally get to spend some time at Mimi and Papa's park!! Can't remember the last time they were there! Bryan and Missy are just walking around their penthouse suite - they don't even know what to do with it! They should have just gotten a regular suite and spent money on other things, no clue why Bryan always has to piss his money on stupid crap! They aren't even "party people" that need that big of a suite to entertain their "friends" - clearly they told Carl & Ginger to drive up to be with them! Finn is getting even more cute, I love hearing him say Byeeee Boop!!
sarahelizabeth_1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by sarahelizabeth_1 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:33 pm

I'll be the first to say that Bryan annoys the shit out of me but he has proven himself to be very creative I think. I've been watching them for years and in the beginning he did some cool stuff like the name reveal for Ollie and a bunch of cool videos for Missy's channel. He really is creative and as much as I think they are stupid with their spending, when YouTube dies or at least their channel does, I think he'll figure out another avenue to take his creativity.

Obviously neither one of them are cut out for acting

It bugged me so much that he said "no one noticed!" Um yes we did you little snot

HelloSweetie
Support Moddie
Support Moddie

Post by HelloSweetie » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:49 pm

sarahelizabeth_1 wrote:I'll be the first to say that Bryan annoys the shit out of me but he has proven himself to be very creative I think. I've been watching them for years and in the beginning he did some cool stuff like the name reveal for Ollie and a bunch of cool videos for Missy's channel. He really is creative and as much as I think they are stupid with their spending, when YouTube dies or at least their channel does, I think he'll figure out another avenue to take his creativity.

Obviously neither one of them are cut out for acting Image

It bugged me so much that he said "no one noticed!" Um yes we did you little snot Image

Spencer Pratt is insanely creative, has had more than his 15 minutes of fame and has serious connections and yet he's Iiving in his parents' beach house right now.

You're giving Bryan too much credit. He was lucky to come up with this "easy mine" lifestyle. He may not be without options after YT, but he won't just walk his way into another millionaire opportunity like this one.

It takes more than just drive and want to make it big. Plus all the creative ideas he had were "borrowed" from other YT channels.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by onbreak » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:22 pm

lmmomSD wrote:I think most of us know that. I know that a bunch of us have said that we wouldn't trade places with them. They're both so miserable, and trying desperately to fill some hole inside with things and "fame". But I don't really feel bad for them, as miserable as they are. They could change things. And I have to wonder at the fact that they have no real friends. My mom used to tell me that the way to have friends is to be a friend. The fact that these folks have to trade views or actual money (in Corbin and Kelsey's case) makes me think that they spread their misery. Jeff and Tal and the SlyFox family were their best friends, and now they're gone. But they are still friends with each other, so _something_ happened. You can't blame it all on them picking the wrong friends. It happens so regularly that there has to be something on Bryan and Missy's end too.

Slyfox and johnsons were friends before bryan and missy..

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
sarahelizabeth_1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by sarahelizabeth_1 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:24 pm

HelloSweetie wrote:
sarahelizabeth_1 wrote:I'll be the first to say that Bryan annoys the shit out of me but he has proven himself to be very creative I think. I've been watching them for years and in the beginning he did some cool stuff like the name reveal for Ollie and a bunch of cool videos for Missy's channel. He really is creative and as much as I think they are stupid with their spending, when YouTube dies or at least their channel does, I think he'll figure out another avenue to take his creativity.

Obviously neither one of them are cut out for acting Image

It bugged me so much that he said "no one noticed!" Um yes we did you little snot Image

Spencer Pratt is insanely creative, has had more than his 15 minutes of fame and has serious connections and yet he's Iiving in his parents' beach house right now.

You're giving Bryan too much credit. He was lucky to come up with this "easy mine" lifestyle. He may not be without options after YT, but he won't just walk his way into another millionaire opportunity like this one.

It takes more than just drive and want to make it big. Plus all the creative ideas he had were "borrowed" from other YT channels.
I don't know who Spencer Pratt is and I didn't know he ripped off the ideas from videos in the beginning but I definitely do see the similarities with the intro and the theme for fuller house. I just figured he got lazy.

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by lmmomSD » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:20 pm

onbreak wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:I think most of us know that. I know that a bunch of us have said that we wouldn't trade places with them. They're both so miserable, and trying desperately to fill some hole inside with things and "fame". But I don't really feel bad for them, as miserable as they are. They could change things. And I have to wonder at the fact that they have no real friends. My mom used to tell me that the way to have friends is to be a friend. The fact that these folks have to trade views or actual money (in Corbin and Kelsey's case) makes me think that they spread their misery. Jeff and Tal and the SlyFox family were their best friends, and now they're gone. But they are still friends with each other, so _something_ happened. You can't blame it all on them picking the wrong friends. It happens so regularly that there has to be something on Bryan and Missy's end too.

Slyfox and johnsons were friends before bryan and missy..

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
I know. But what I'm saying is that they were all friends, and now they're not really. And SlyFox and Jeff and Tal are still friends. Plus, Missy and Jeff are cousins, so they've known each other even longer. But there's been a wedge between them recently. Maybe they were using DB for views-- I'm almost positive SlyFox was. But Bryan and Missy are so miserable that I am willing to bet that they are very difficult to be friends with.
The most telling moment for me was Bryan's birthday, when Jeff gave him that nice ceramic Apple Watch. And Bryan said "I have the best _assistant_!". He couldn't call him his friend. He had to maintain that employee-employer image. "I'm special. I'm successful. I have an assistant". I would have been so hurt. They fly first class, and their friends fly coach.

sunshine lollipops2
Amateur
Amateur

Post by sunshine lollipops2 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:31 pm

In all seriousness if you were to bump into them would you stand back and observe OR go up and talk to them to see what they are really like away from the camera. As much as I can't stand them I would walk up to them to see how they would greet me

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by lmmomSD » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:38 pm

sunshine lollipops2 wrote:In all seriousness if you were to bump into them would you stand back and observe OR go up and talk to them to see what they are really like away from the camera. As much as I can't stand them I would walk up to them to see how they would greet me

Not me. I would stand back and observe. I would love to see them when they don't know they're being observed.

lindseytssmcgs
Amateur
Amateur

Post by lindseytssmcgs » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:35 pm

Playsinrain wrote:
sarahelizabeth_1 wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:Oh please. This chicken discussion makes me role my eyes so hard. Unless you are a vegan you can't complain. Millions of chickens are slaughtered and eaten every year. Missy's chickens live in a luxurious coop while the ones at the store live in a disgusting crowded place. She is being smart by getting rid of the mean ones. You can't keep every chicken until it dies of old age they live 10 years and eventually stop laying eggs.

This! Thank you. Rolling my eyes so hard how people bitch about how their animals are treated as they no doubt are eating animals multiple times a day.

But seriously, go vegan ImageImage

So like i said, do you expect me, as a meat eater to turn my head when i see animal abuse? Bc i won't, ever. That isn't solving any issue. Just bc i eat meat doesn't mean that i cannot stand up for an animal that is being mistreated. I have called the cops 3 times so far this summer on people locking dogs in hot cars, but i guess i should just let them die, since i eat meat. that's your logic...
*mic drop*

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
lindseytssmcgs
Amateur
Amateur

Post by lindseytssmcgs » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:39 pm

MommaLindsey2 wrote:Oh please. This chicken discussion makes me role my eyes so hard. Unless you are a vegan you can't complain. Millions of chickens are slaughtered and eaten every year. Missy's chickens live in a luxurious coop while the ones at the store live in a disgusting crowded place. She is being smart by getting rid of the mean ones. You can't keep every chicken until it dies of old age they live 10 years and eventually stop laying eggs.

So you think we eat cats and dogs?

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
Strawberry26
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Strawberry26 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:48 pm

lmmomSD wrote:
sunshine lollipops2 wrote:In all seriousness if you were to bump into them would you stand back and observe OR go up and talk to them to see what they are really like away from the camera. As much as I can't stand them I would walk up to them to see how they would greet me

Not me. I would stand back and observe. I would love to see them when they don't know they're being observed.

I would probably video them myself with out the camera and be like the "Real" Missy and Bryan...

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Return to “Daily Bumps”