DailyBranding&Bitching (DailyBumps Part 95)

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DailyBranding&Bitching (DailyBumps Part 95)

Unread post by Playsinrain »

Miisy made such a huge deal about going in a store by herself with the boys. Two things.. be a little independent and suck it up that you can't have your mom and dad taking care of your kids 24/7.. and the second thing? Teach your kids how to behave in public and outings like that wont be so scary. (Yes kids break down and act like crazy people sometimes, but my god she talked it up like those kids can't be trusted in public at all!) I wanna know how long she lasted by herself before she have to drag them out screaming..
Of course Ollie is the "good guy" and Finn is the "bad guy".....
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

waitwhat wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
Ollie is physically violent with his family. Like i said, it's fine if you think that killing people is a game that a 4 year old should be encouraged to play, but with the current events, i think his parents (and you) need to take a step back and realize how FUCKED UP this type of play is. The kid is a terror, he's a spoiled brat who enjoy's pretending to kill people. I don't give a rats ass if he doesn't understand the concept of death, he shouldnt be allowed to play that way, He's being desensitized to death and violence at 4 years old. He looks sad and defeated when he doesn't successfully run his mother over with a car. Pretends to shoot and kill his mother, spits in her face, pretends to cut the head off a grown man the first time he meets him, karate kicks and punches other YT kids when he first meets them.. . IDK where or in what world that is normal preschool behavior but it's not in my house. Every time i see him playing with other toys... well they are always killing/hurting one another or made into weapons. Something IS NOT RIGHT THERE.. it's not healthy or ok for a 4 year old to think violence is fun. You won't convince me otherwise. the old "we only see a few mins" excuse is bullshit as well. We see the BEST 15 mins a day they can come up with.. if the best and "cutest" footage we see of Ollie is him pretending to kill his mother, then i have a feeling that we aren't seeing a lot of the real violent behavior he exhibits.
Just two things:

1. I explicitly told you that I do not think such play is ok/to be encouraged but hey, thanks for proving my point about your tunnel vision. I guess once you decided I must be ok with violent play, no matter what I said was futile and you interpreted everything I said as me being pro gun play.

2. You do not see even 15 minutes of Ollie, it's less than that and it's not a bs excuse. You've no idea what this kid does in the 23 hours and 50 minutes you do not see so yeah, I repeat, you're being ridiculous . You've no clue. Neither do I but at least I'm not delusional about it unlike you.
Agree to disagree.. you are the one defending his violence, but take it as you want..
And saying i see less than 15 mins only backs up my statement that we see the BEST few mins of his day.
I'm not "delusional" i just have a different opinion than you do, and thats fine. You keep believe what you want and I'll do the same. Never placeed a mental illness on your opinion.
marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

I was actually enjoying the vlog until bryan took over and made it a production!
workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workfromhomemom »

I was bored today and watched today's vlogs. I haven't seen one in months. The skit was terrible. Poor Ollie can't act at all. No worries about Disney knocking their door down. Most kids can't act and they shouldn't have to in their home anyway.
riiot08
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by riiot08 »

Yes Bryan, teach your kids that it's perfectly acceptable to eat food off the grass, I mean Ollie already tries to eat like to dog, so why not take it a step further by having him eat off the ground. *eye roll*
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

I am trying to refrain from chiming in on the Ollie discussion but I can't. I think it's the behaviour most people are worried about rather than necessarily Ollie himself. At least that's my take on it. I see a lot of good in Ollie. I don't think he's a psychopath or anything like that (but of course I could never pretend to diagnose him in person or especially over the internet) but I certainly think that some of his behaviours are really quite alarming. Is this because he's given way too many opportunities for violent play? Is this because he's encouraged and egged on by his dad to go get 'em all the time? I don't know. But it's uncomfortable, and it worries me. I admit I absolutely hate toy weapons, even to the point of water guns, and I don't allow them in my home. I know there are good, solid arguments out there for kids being encouraged to play with them in certain settings (much the same way children are encouraged to act out 'daily life' events in imaginative play) but I cannot get behind this 'all weapons all the time' mentality that these parents seem to be promoting. It's just so wrong. And especially wrong for this particular child.
100midas
Informer
Informer

Unread post by 100midas »

natalka81 wrote:I am trying to refrain from chiming in on the Ollie discussion but I can't. I think it's the behaviour most people are worried about rather than necessarily Ollie himself. At least that's my take on it. I see a lot of good in Ollie. I don't think he's a psychopath or anything like that (but of course I could never pretend to diagnose him in person or especially over the internet) but I certainly think that some of his behaviours are really quite alarming. Is this because he's given way too many opportunities for violent play? Is this because he's encouraged and egged on by his dad to go get 'em all the time? I don't know. But it's uncomfortable, and it worries me. I admit I absolutely hate toy weapons, even to the point of water guns, and I don't allow them in my home. I know there are good, solid arguments out there for kids being encouraged to play with them in certain settings (much the same way children are encouraged to act out 'daily life' events in imaginative play) but I cannot get behind this 'all weapons all the time' mentality that these parents seem to be promoting. It's just so wrong. And especially wrong for this particular child.
Agreed! I think the posters diagnosing him as physcopathic/sociopathic are reaching too much, and I don't necessarily think occssional limited toy weapon play is bad, but it's easy to see from watching the vlogs that the amount of sword/gun play he engages in is changing his mindset and affecting his behavior. Maybe nothing will come out of it and he'll turn out fine, but that doesn't make it good or right.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I don't think Ollie is a sociopath. I think he has some serious issues, but I don't think they have anything to do with nature, but instead it's a product of the way his parents are raising him.
ladyju28
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ladyju28 »

Playsinrain wrote:
waitwhat wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
Ollie is physically violent with his family. Like i said, it's fine if you think that killing people is a game that a 4 year old should be encouraged to play, but with the current events, i think his parents (and you) need to take a step back and realize how FUCKED UP this type of play is. The kid is a terror, he's a spoiled brat who enjoy's pretending to kill people. I don't give a rats ass if he doesn't understand the concept of death, he shouldnt be allowed to play that way, He's being desensitized to death and violence at 4 years old. He looks sad and defeated when he doesn't successfully run his mother over with a car. Pretends to shoot and kill his mother, spits in her face, pretends to cut the head off a grown man the first time he meets him, karate kicks and punches other YT kids when he first meets them.. . IDK where or in what world that is normal preschool behavior but it's not in my house. Every time i see him playing with other toys... well they are always killing/hurting one another or made into weapons. Something IS NOT RIGHT THERE.. it's not healthy or ok for a 4 year old to think violence is fun. You won't convince me otherwise. the old "we only see a few mins" excuse is bullshit as well. We see the BEST 15 mins a day they can come up with.. if the best and "cutest" footage we see of Ollie is him pretending to kill his mother, then i have a feeling that we aren't seeing a lot of the real violent behavior he exhibits.
Just two things:

1. I explicitly told you that I do not think such play is ok/to be encouraged but hey, thanks for proving my point about your tunnel vision. I guess once you decided I must be ok with violent play, no matter what I said was futile and you interpreted everything I said as me being pro gun play.

2. You do not see even 15 minutes of Ollie, it's less than that and it's not a bs excuse. You've no idea what this kid does in the 23 hours and 50 minutes you do not see so yeah, I repeat, you're being ridiculous . You've no clue. Neither do I but at least I'm not delusional about it unlike you.
Agree to disagree.. you are the one defending his violence, but take it as you want..
And saying i see less than 15 mins only backs up my statement that we see the BEST few mins of his day.
I'm not "delusional" i just have a different opinion than you do, and thats fine. You keep believe what you want and I'll do the same. Never placeed a mental illness on your opinion.
Agree with you! And not only do see their 15 minutes. We also notice his behaviour in their "friends" vlogs.
tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by tintin15 »

HelloSweetie wrote:I don't think Ollie is a sociopath. I think he has some serious issues, but I don't think they have anything to do with nature, but instead it's a product of the way his parents are raising him.
I was coming down here to say the same thing. There's nothing wrong with the way Ollie is, at his core. It's the way he was raised and the things he was allowed.

He thinks violence is fun because Missy and Bryan encourage it, not because he's genuinely a violent, psychopathic/sociopathic person. It's going to be confusing to him when he's aware of real violence and doesn't understand why it's ok for him to pretend to hurt people, but not for it to actually happen. But he doesn't have any mental illness that any of us could pick out or diagnose, and we have no place to do so.

I'd also like to point out, I don't think anyone ever explicitly said he's a sociopath at first. Someone made a comment about his behavior and someone sarcastically ranted about he was such a horrible sociopath, etc basically mocking the poster and the rest of us...so this whole argument stemmed from nothing.
Rosiex3
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Rosiex3 »

according to Oliver " the more I act up = the more laughs I get."

Because his parents just laugh off his bad behavior instead of correcting him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PumpkinHead
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PumpkinHead »

Maybe Bryan's immune system isn't very good because he eats to much crap

Finn was so cute in the ghost costume though!

PumpkinHead
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PumpkinHead »

*so much

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

waitwhat wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
Just two things:

But what we're (at least most of us from what I can see) upset about is that this play is _encouraged_, because "boys are rough". Nobody tells him that it's not okay to pretend to kill your mom with a "death spell" when you play Harry Potter. Bryan goes around yelling "get him!" encouraging Ollie to shoot at people and sword fight his baby brother. If they were girls, this wouldn't be encouraged at all. I don't think anyone really thinks Ollie is a sociopath _yet_. But Bryan and Missy are applauding that kind of behavior.
And no-- we have no idea what he does in the other hours of his day. But they show us "the best". So if he's playing sweetly, they don't approve of it enough to show it. And that's wrong too. Because that tells him that mommy and "dada" like it when he pretends to kill everyone.
Just my more than two cents.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

natalka81 wrote:I am trying to refrain from chiming in on the Ollie discussion but I can't. I think it's the behaviour most people are worried about rather than necessarily Ollie himself. At least that's my take on it. I see a lot of good in Ollie. I don't think he's a psychopath or anything like that (but of course I could never pretend to diagnose him in person or especially over the internet) but I certainly think that some of his behaviours are really quite alarming. Is this because he's given way too many opportunities for violent play? Is this because he's encouraged and egged on by his dad to go get 'em all the time? I don't know. But it's uncomfortable, and it worries me. I admit I absolutely hate toy weapons, even to the point of water guns, and I don't allow them in my home. I know there are good, solid arguments out there for kids being encouraged to play with them in certain settings (much the same way children are encouraged to act out 'daily life' events in imaginative play) but I cannot get behind this 'all weapons all the time' mentality that these parents seem to be promoting. It's just so wrong. And especially wrong for this particular child.
I didn't see your post before I spoke up.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

For the record, i don't think nor have i ever said that Ollie was a sociopath, we cannot diagnose from YT videos. I do however think that he has violent tenancies that his parents encourage. And that is NOT healthy. Period. I think Ollie has some underlying issues that need to be dealt with quickly before he really hurts someone under the guise of "play". he has never been a loving or sweet child, i don't think i have even seen him have a "tender" (stealing that one from Ellie lol) moment with anyone. Some kids just arent affectionate, and i get that. But when i kid would rather pretend to shoot his mom than give her a meaningful hug (thats not prompted for the vlog) i think you need to reevaluate the things you allow him to get away with.
brownprincess93
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by brownprincess93 »

Ollie can't even say LEGOS - he says "YEGOS" - I mean do they not even take the time to correct this kids grammer, like ever?? Why do Mimi and Papa rely on Missy's taste for furniture? She can't even pick out cute outfits for her kids to wear! They are always dressed in those disgusting rompers. I hate to say it but maybe BryLard would be a better option! Does she think she's so adorable for making the triple bed recommendation? Yeah please keep encouraging Ollie to attack Finn in those ridiculous skits - and then they wonder why they are always fighting in real life!!
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

I'm not watching today. She's taken both boys into a store before. Get over your fucking self mama
What's with the helpless yt moms nowadays? How can you expect to encourage and empower young people when the whiny out weighs the shiny???

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
Kish
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Kish »

People have made mincemeat of the ‘we only see a few minutes for their days!’-arguments – a lot of vloggers (if not most … if not all) have unquestionable patterns of scheduling and behaviours which are repeated throughout a creator family’s vlogs.

In my opinion, one can claim that something borders on being a certain habit or is a habit if they are able to point them out over and over again.

Disclaimer: I don’t even want to imply that Oliver is a sociopath – all I’m referring to is the justification mentioned above
coolusername1236
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by coolusername1236 »

Wow! We officially have proof Ollie can't spell his name! Remember when Ollie was 2 and they were actually teaching him to spell his name? Seriously Bryan and Missy! HELP him! Your child needs help, or he won't make it in the world! If he doesn't know his name is spelled O-l-l-i-e, or O-l-i-v-e-r, there's an issue!
Looks like Ollie bullies dogs too!

Finn eating those marshmallows was adorable!

P.S. I LOVE eating marshmallows off of the grass! Adds a nice flavor!

Return to “Daily Bumps”