DailyDoseofClickbait (Part 96)

shortstop
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: DailyDoseofClickbait (Part 96)

Unread post by shortstop »

Last time she said she wasn’t pregnant. She was pregnant with Fin.
spacekitty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by spacekitty »

I’m not sure what possessed me lol but I had a lot of time between my classes today and I had nothing to do, and so I clicked through their channel and picked a random vlog. It was from Christmas Eve (when they revealed that playground). I just kept randomly clicking through for snippets of vlogs and just picking apart pieces is so sad. Missy’s hair looks as worn out as her skin, which is saying something. She really does need a cut (I know it was said a few pages back since I still lurk here lol). I just cringe looking at the vlogs because of how robotic Ollie looks...in the 1st day of school one I noticed the way he just stares blankly at the camera. I just feel bad for the kid, his dad is putting his backpack on and THE CAMERA HAS TO BE OUT! One day it won’t be there but he won’t know otherwise and it will be so confusing for him. There’s a reason why the Truman Show was just a movie.
Sorry if this is OT, I still always feel like jumping in and hold back a lot. But looking at these random vlogs with fresh eyes (I haven’t seem much of them since 2015) is almost a culture shock, it’s insane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by cat9480 »

QweenKris wrote:BITCHING not birthing lol

They do a lot of birthing, too. Image Gotta make those little YT star babies and keep the views coming! Lol

QweenKris
Talker
Talker

Unread post by QweenKris »

cat9480 wrote:
QweenKris wrote:BITCHING not birthing lol

They do a lot of birthing, too. Image Gotta make those little YT star babies and keep the views coming! Lol

Hahahha yes! Freudian slip so it seems Image

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

HelloSweetie wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:
queentee20 wrote:
I never see anyone talking about it on their forum...
It's been mentioned once or twice, but not often because people still like her, and she gets defended. Her diet is crappy too. I think one reason Bryan and Missy get flak is the same reason Katie doesn't. It's not that people dislike them because they're fat-- it's that they're such awful people, and then adding their crap diet and (until recently) lack of exercise, people are more likely to slam them.
And another reason people ask is because they do stuff like "Was it morning sickness?" when she was carsick. And then she acts all surprised and hurt because people ask? Didn't she act like this when she was pregnant with Finn?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
She acted exactly like this when pregnant with Finn. She even got angry because people were suggesting she was pregnant. Turns out, she was.

They want to tease a possible pregnancy but then act all pissy when the children take that idea and run with it!
This is my thought, either she IS pregnant (or "going through some things..") or she just tweeted that for the asspats.. i scrolled through her replies to that tweet and every single one is telling her how she is the most beautiful, kind, loving and amazing mother that ever graced this planet. :roll:
DidEyeSayIt
Talker
Talker

Unread post by DidEyeSayIt »

I’m embarrassed for them and their “war paint”... I think the song is actually kinda catchy but the whole tribe thing. It’s embarrassing.

Heygirlhey1570
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Heygirlhey1570 »

Why do I always want to just KO them every time I see their stupid faces?
Shorty02
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Shorty02 »

These people wouldn't know cultural appropriation if it was written on their face...oh wait...

Honestly, the vlog today was pretty boring. Apparently, they were "so busy" yesterday that the vlog basically became an afterthought.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
spacekitty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by spacekitty »

queentee20 wrote:It’s almost YouTube rewind season which made me think, have the dumps ever been invited to one??? I don’t think I’ve seen vloggers in any
Casey and Kayli Butler were in one in 2012 I think it was

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

queentee20 wrote:It’s almost YouTube rewind season which made me think, have the dumps ever been invited to one??? I don’t think I’ve seen vloggers in any
I *think* they acted like they were invited to one but couldnt go bc Missy was pregnant?
sb613
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sb613 »

I hope y'all don't actually think Native Americans are the only people who painted their faces in their tribal days.
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

DailyDoseofClickbait (Part 96)

Unread post by Theirmom »

sb613 wrote:I hope y'all don't actually think Native Americans are the only people who painted their faces in their tribal days.
This again Image
They're appropriating TRIBAL culture, not strictly North American tribal culture.

As was mentioned the last time someone tried to give them a pass on cultural appropriation, we realize that tribes are a global phenomenon. We understand that war paint and Native adornments are not exclusive to the North American First Nation Peoples. But tribal life worldwide IS exclusively an ABORIGINAL thing.
They do not belong to any sort of culture or heritage that have lived in tribes in the last 10 thousand years. Their heritage is of the conquerors and colonizers, not the conquered and colonized. Therefore, imitating the sacred symbols of the people their ancestors conquered (for their own profit, I might add), is the very definition of appropriation.
:roll:
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Theirmom wrote:
sb613 wrote:I hope y'all don't actually think Native Americans are the only people who painted their faces in their tribal days.
This again Image
They're appropriating TRIBAL culture, not strictly North American tribal culture.

As was mentioned the last time someone tried to give them a pass on cultural appropriation, we realize that tribes are a global phenomenon. We understand that war paint and Native adornments are not exclusive to the North American First Nation Peoples. But tribal life worldwide IS exclusively an ABORIGINAL thing.
They do not belong to any sort of culture or heritage that have lived in tribes in the last 10 thousand years. Their heritage is of the conquerors and colonizers, not the conquered and colonized. Therefore, imitating the sacred symbols of the people their ancestors conquered (for their own profit, I might add), is the very definition of appropriation.
Agreed, this is cultural appropriation of all Indigenous and Tribal heritage. I think the only time Native American's have specifically came up has been in the defense that NA culture has become popular and trendy. (and side note, just bc it's trendy doesn't make it ok)
sb613
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sb613 »

queentee20 wrote:
Yeah like African & some Mexican tribes... which will make this argument worse lol
Or Picts, Teutonic peoples, Scythian peoples, etc. Especially the Celtic people who are likely the ancestors of the Lannings. Like feathers, arrows (and arrows with feathers), war chants and tribes, face painting is extremely common, found in people all over the world and not something that belongs specifically to Native American people. These practices probably come from a common ancestor dating back to the stone age.
sb613
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sb613 »

Theirmom wrote:
This again Image

You apparently know very little about history. The ice age was barely ending 10,000 years ago and colonialism only began in the last millennia. Everything that you just said was absurdly false, but I'd love to see your evidence for any of those claims because if you have some it would flip history on it's head. In all of that time there have been so many different tribes living in Europe. Do you not know about the Dark Ages and the fall of Rome? The Goths, the Picts, the Greeks, in just this relatively modern period alone so many people were still living tribal life and fighting for their freedom. Have you never heard of the Persians, the Romans, the Huns, the Indo-Europeans, any of these groups who spent thousands of years colonizing European tribes? Indigenous Europeans were invaded, conquered and colonized by Indo-Europeans from Eurasia just a few thousand years ago. The Lannings are very obviously of British descent and the British people in particular experienced such a huge amount of invasions and they had their tribal way of life (which they had been living for thousands of years since the ice age, all throughout this 10,000 year time period you bring up) ended. Which sacred symbols are they stealing from anyone? Also I hope you realize that any racial group can be Aboriginal and that these tribes I'm talking about were indigenous aboriginal Europeans.

Ironically the Indo-Europeans who came into Europe and conquered and colonized the Indigenous Europeans are very closely related to Native Americans, and the two groups share a 24,000 year old common ancestor from Siberia whose people probably painted their faces too. (:
Last edited by sb613 on Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

The Lannings are not a tribe. Tribal paint has never been a part of any culture we've seen from them. What they are doing is absolutely cultural appropriation at its finest. They are dressing up for a music video and are IN COSTUME.

Trying to find technicalities to try and rationalize what they are doing is equally as insensitive as what they are doing. If you want to live your life like that then fine, but some of us try to be a little more sensitive and inoffensive to others :?
sb613
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sb613 »

menehune wrote:Tribal paint has never been a part of any culture we've seen from them.
They've talked about Brian's Scottish ancestry for one thing.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

menehune wrote:The Lannings are not a tribe. Tribal paint has never been a part of any culture we've seen from them. What they are doing is absolutely cultural appropriation at its finest. They are dressing up for a music video and are IN COSTUME.

Trying to find technicalities to try and rationalize what they are doing is equally as insensitive as what they are doing. If you want to live your life like that then fine, but some of us try to be a little more sensitive and inoffensive to others :?
Exactly. If Bryan or Missy had done any exploration of their family history, and found and talked about it, that would be one thing. They even went to England. Did they try to find out if any actual family members were held in the Tower? Nope. It was all about Outlander and Harry Potter. They don't give a shit about any actual tribal heritage they might have, unless it can make them money. This is all about painting their faces and being idiots. They're almost too ignorant to be offensive. But the ignorance itself is offensive.

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Since they are the king and queen of Idaho.. I hope they are at least paying homage to the tribes that lived off the land there.
Or at least copy the coming to tribal America dance.. Thats a great one to copy

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

lmmomSD wrote:
menehune wrote:The Lannings are not a tribe. Tribal paint has never been a part of any culture we've seen from them. What they are doing is absolutely cultural appropriation at its finest. They are dressing up for a music video and are IN COSTUME.

Exactly. If Bryan or Missy had done any exploration of their family history, and found and talked about it, that would be one thing. They even went to England. Did they try to find out if any actual family members were held in the Tower? Nope. It was all about Outlander and Harry Potter. They don't give a shit about any actual tribal heritage they might have, unless it can make them money. This is all about painting their faces and being idiots. They're almost too ignorant to be offensive. But the ignorance itself is offensive.

Bryan and Missy know nothing, and neither does SB613. The Pincts (Scottish) were done with tribal paint by the year 900 CE. But sure, that's why Bryan has it in his music video. SB613 clearly knows as much about tribal paint as Bryan does, because it sounds like they just saw Braveheart and figured the Scottish wore tribal paint.

Also, even if this were the case. Tribes use body paint as an expression for war, ritual, hunting purposes. Do we really expect that Bryan and Missy are going to be representing these in their music video? No. They are using it because they think its cool. Missy probably thinks it makes her sexy. Because you know, most cultural appropriation is done for the purposes of sexualizing it.

Return to “Daily Bumps”