cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DailyDoseofClickbait (Part 96)

Unread post by cat9480 »

ButterflyB wrote:
scoopr420 wrote:What costume do you think Missy is making for Fin?
I was thinking potentially Zero from The Nightmare Before Christmas. That's what it looked like to me but I could totally be wrong.
That’s what I was thinking too. They’ve been mentioning that movie too much for it to not be their Halloween theme.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought that, too. I could definitely see an OOT Nightmare Halloween special.

cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by cat9480 »

Is Missy's only "date night" outfit that mess she got from Kandee Johnson?

spacekitty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by spacekitty »

cat9480 wrote:Is Missy's only "date night" outfit that mess she got from Kandee Johnson? Image

Well a date means Mimi and Papa aren’t going so I don’t think she needs many outfits

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

ButterflyB wrote:Yes because that isn’t scary lol [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201710 ... 73a1b7.jpg[/img]

Oh, that's just creepy.
And what is going on with Missy and Finn and the shield? It looks like she's not paying attention to where it is, and putting it in his face.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Last edited by lmmomSD on Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
sb613
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sb613 »

rd_valo wrote:
I am actually Scottish (and my family have been Scottish from at least the 13th century) and I didn’t find the braveheart reference offensive or racist at all. But your comment about it being your culture is more offensive tbh. It is your ancestry and their culture. It is a culture you have an association with due to previous generations, but that doesn’t make it yours. Growing up around it, living it make it yours.
There is a difference.

You don't know what culture I grew up around and lived with. (;
tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by tintin15 »

I love Nightmare Before Christmas, so...if they could NOT do a big costume thing that would be great...especially because their Halloweens are so embarrassing.

The Toy Story one omg Missy's Jessie. And the Wizard of Oz one (which is one of my favorite movies come on now). It was interesting and clever the way they all "complained" about their characters problems (like I think Bryan was the scarecrow, so he complained about a headache before they "turned"), but it also caused some secondhand embarrassment.

I will only allow Nightmare Before Christmas costumes if Missy (who will obviously be Sally) sings Sally's Song and I get to hear her natural voice. Still embarrassing to get so into character, but it will prove or disprove my theory of her being an okay singer.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

sb613 wrote:
rd_valo wrote:
I am actually Scottish (and my family have been Scottish from at least the 13th century) and I didn’t find the braveheart reference offensive or racist at all. But your comment about it being your culture is more offensive tbh. It is your ancestry and their culture. It is a culture you have an association with due to previous generations, but that doesn’t make it yours. Growing up around it, living it make it yours.
There is a difference.

But guess what??/ This isn't about you, at all. this is about Missy and Bryan. I think that's the difference you fail to see. Just stop, my god.
sb613
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sb613 »

LOL too bad not a single one of you could actually explain why this stuff must be particularly affiliated with Native Americans. Y'all see symbols that are completely neutral and not exclusive to any culture at all, definitely not authentically Native American, and because you perceive it as something "stereotypically Native American" insist that it must be Native American. Do you not see how y'all are the ones doing that stereo-typing??? If I were Native American I'd be a lot more offended if someone saw generic face paint and a bone necklace and automatically associated it with my culture because they're too ignorant to realize that those items are pretty much universal human behaviors. If anyone could point out something that they actually specifically stole from Native Americans I'd love to hear it, and I'm still curious why y'all don't complain that they're being offensive to any other cultures that use face paint and the like. Also "war paint" is not some verification that this has to do with Native Americans, war paint is not unique to any cultural group. Good thing people like y'all aren't allowed to make the rules.
sb613
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sb613 »

Playsinrain wrote:
sb613 wrote:
rd_valo wrote:
There is a difference.

But guess what??/ This isn't about you, at all. this is about Missy and Bryan. I think that's the difference you fail to see. Just stop, my god.
Maybe you should just mind your own business. Are you too dense (or biased) to see where she tells me that I'm wrong to identify with my culture because she assumes I wasn't raised around it? That is about me and that's what I'm responding to. If you could just read carefully you wouldn't need to waste your time writing this but I guess I must really trigger you.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

sb613 wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
sb613 wrote:
Maybe you should just mind your own business. Are you too dense (or biased) to see where she tells me that I'm wrong to identify with my culture because she assumes I wasn't raised around it? That is about me and that's what I'm responding to. If you could just read carefully you wouldn't need to waste your time writing this but I guess I must really trigger you.
Man you really are taking this crap personally.. lol take your own advice, "maybe you should mind your own business,," it's a gossip board about youtubers.. seriously, direct that anger towards something that really matters. I don't think anyone here wants to read your irrelevant BS anymore... And please continue with the personal attacks, maybe it will get you banned faster.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Someone is headed for a ban....
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:Someone is headed for a ban....
I knew it would end this way.. lol
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Ok-- I admit that I was one of the people who specified Native Americans. I was being ignorant. I left the argument to those who obviously knew more than I. But Bryan and Missy are equally ignorant. They don't bother to educate themselves. They chose a mish mash of symbols without thinking about what they might mean.
In the immortal words of Elsa-- "let it go"
The general rule here is that if you can't get your point across in 3 posts, take it to the Boxing Ring.

sb613
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sb613 »

Playsinrain wrote: Man you really are taking this crap personally.. lol take your own advice, "maybe you should mind your own business,," it's a gossip board about youtubers.. seriously, direct that anger towards something that really matters. I don't think anyone here wants to read your irrelevant BS anymore... And please continue with the personal attacks, maybe it will get you banned faster.
Oh nooo after reading here daily for years and barely commenting it would be such a shame not to be able to any more. :P Sorry you can't admit you're wrong, you snapped at me and told me "it's not about you!" when I responded to someone talking to me about my culture, which was about me. If she didn't want to read my irrelevant BS anymore she didn't need to make that comment but since she did I have every right to respond, and you're the one acting ridiculous and butting in.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Can everyone just ignore the white privileged troll?

K, thanks.
tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by tintin15 »

lmmomSD wrote:Ok-- I admit that I was one of the people who specified Native Americans. I was being ignorant. I left the argument to those who obviously knew more than I. But Bryan and Missy are equally ignorant. They don't bother to educate themselves. They chose a mish mash of symbols without thinking about what they might mean.
The general rule here is that if you can't get your point across in 3 posts, take it to the Boxing Ring.

I specified that, too, and maybe it's not specifically Native American. I live in America, though, a country where the first conclusion is that Native Americans are having their stuff appropriated, because that's what happens here. But maybe it's not and I shouldn't have jumped on them mocking Native American culture.

But they are definitely ignorant. I don't think they mean to be, but they are. Let's not pretend they're doing this because Bryan had Scottish warriors in his bloodline...no matter what those symbols are, they are still borrowed from tribes and groups that the Lannings do not care about or participate in.

The argument definitely needs to stop, I agree. It's been dragged on long enough.
sb613
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sb613 »

tintin15 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:Ok-- I admit that I was one of the people who specified Native Americans. I was being ignorant. I left the argument to those who obviously knew more than I. But Bryan and Missy are equally ignorant. They don't bother to educate themselves. They chose a mish mash of symbols without thinking about what they might mean.

I specified that, too, and maybe it's not specifically Native American. I live in America, though, a country where the first conclusion is that the Native Americans are having their stuff appropriated, because that's what happens here. But maybe it's not and I shouldn't have jumped on them mocking Native American culture.

But they are definitely ignorant. I don't think they mean to be, but they are. Let's not pretend they're doing this because Bryan had Scottish warriors in his bloodline...no matter what those symbols are, they are still borrowed from tribes and groups that the Lannings do not care about or participate in.

The argument definitely needs to stop, I agree. It's been dragged on long enough.
For the record I never ever said that Bryan was intentionally trying to represent his ancestry. I explicitly said otherwise over and over. I get you want the argument let go but it's tough when people keep misrepresenting everything you say.

By the way does white privilege troll count any less as a personal attack?
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

sb613 wrote:
tintin15 wrote:

I specified that, too, and maybe it's not specifically Native American. I live in America, though, a country where the first conclusion is that the Native Americans are having their stuff appropriated, because that's what happens here. But maybe it's not and I shouldn't have jumped on them mocking Native American culture.

For the record I never ever said that Bryan was intentionally trying to represent his ancestry. I explicitly said otherwise over and over. I get you want the argument let go but it's tough when people keep misrepresenting everything you say.

By the way does white privilege troll count any less as a personal attack?
Lol. Report me and see what happens.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Look i don't give a damn if you want to continue this argument, bc it's VERY CLEAR that you want too (although after this i not will waste my time trying to reason with you) but can we PLEASE move it to the boxing ring so that people who want to read about DB and their stupidity don't have to wade though 3 pages of history lessons to find relevant content? Seriously, post what you want, but do it in the appropriate place.
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

Seriously, the shit I come into...
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:

Return to “Daily Bumps”