DailyAppropriatingCultures (Part 97)

MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DailyAppropriatingCultures (Part 97)

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

I could do without seeing a closeup of Bryan's dead tooth today. Image the vlog was kind of funny though. Also I think bryan was trying to prove something to missy with Finn sleeping on the floor. Maybe bryan is pushing for a big boy bed but missy is happy with Finn in the crib and doesn't think he's ready. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201711 ... 3934fe.jpg[/img]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ewitsme
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ewitsme »

Playsinrain wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
ewitsme wrote:FINN IS CLIMBING ON THE TABLE AND CHAIR UNSUPERVISED REALLY BOTHERS ME! im not a mom (im only 15) but i work for my churchs toddler room and even have cousins around finns age and if theyre eating we make sure to supervise them! at church they dont have strap in seats so we sit at the snack table with them and they know not to climb on tables and chairs and my two year old cousin still sits in a booster seat with straps (idk if thats unusual or not for his age, and hes way bigger than finn) but it just bothers me how careless they are with those sorts of things! especially since eating and climbing on things is really dangerous for a child (unsupervised at least)!!
They don't even strap those kids in to shopping carts. That scares the SHIT out of me! Personal so feel free to skip.. I worked at a grocery store for several years when my husband an i were just starting out. We had this one family that would come in on a regular basis (very small family owned grocery store in a very small town, i knew 80% of the customers on a personal basis) who had a little girl (about 3yo) who was hell on wheels. She would scream and run around, knock things off shelves, run people over with the little kid sized carts we had. I dreaded seeing her come in the door bc they had zero control over that child. One day they had her in the front seat of the buggy and she start screaming that she wanted out. She was not strapped in. The parents were ignoring her (as usual) and she stood up and started JUMPING UP AND DOWN in the childs seat. The shopping cart flipped, sending her flying and she fell on the concrete slab, tiled floor right on the back of her head. Knocked her out cold, busted her head wide open. She wound up with a fractured skull, bleeding on the brain and was in ICU for 3 days with brain swelling. Every time i see those kids (or any kid) not strapped in a cart or standing in or on the back of a cart (i've seen them flip for that reason too, just not any serious injury thank god) my heart rate goes up bc i will never ever forget the sound of that girl hitting the floor and the sounds she was making while she was laying there, from what i thought, dying. thank god she seems to be fine now, but it was a terrifying eye opening for me. I have anxiety when my kids hop on and "ride" the cart (from the front where you push it, we have all done it, you know you have :lol: ) even now that they are older! Hopefully B&M will read this and think twice..
SORRY... meant to hit edit instead of quote.. i wanted to add another sentance.. oops! #fail
that is so friggin scary, omg. they really need some sort of regulation about making sure your kid is strapped in, goodness. the lannings dont seem very well kept on the safety of their children. they need to go through some sort of child safety class.
:toss:
ewitsme
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ewitsme »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:Also I think bryan was trying to prove something to missy with Finn sleeping on the floor. Maybe bryan is pushing for a big boy bed but missy is happy with Finn in the crib and doesn't think he's ready
yeah i could see that, especially since missy was so anti big boy bed. my big issue is them wanting finn and ollie to share a bedroom together. like i get thats cute and all but shouldnt they wait till theyre both just a little older? i feel like it could be a good thing when theyre both on their way to school but finn is still a toddler and it might just make them both have some very irritating sleeping habits. but idk thats just my opinion.
:toss:
mommadrama01
Talker
Talker

Unread post by mommadrama01 »

ewitsme wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:Also I think bryan was trying to prove something to missy with Finn sleeping on the floor. Maybe bryan is pushing for a big boy bed but missy is happy with Finn in the crib and doesn't think he's ready
yeah i could see that, especially since missy was so anti big boy bed. my big issue is them wanting finn and ollie to share a bedroom together. like i get thats cute and all but shouldnt they wait till theyre both just a little older? i feel like it could be a good thing when theyre both on their way to school but finn is still a toddler and it might just make them both have some very irritating sleeping habits. but idk thats just my opinion.
My 18 month old and 5 year old started sharing a room about a month and a half ago. I wish I had the option to seperate them like they do. But it was either keep her in our room (which none of us were getting any sleep) or make them get used to each other sharing a room.
If I had extra rooms like they have i would definitely keep them in their own separate rooms

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Strawberry26
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Strawberry26 »

Finally a new thread =) viewtopic.php?t=13265

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

spooky wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:
yoyo16 wrote:I was able to actually understand Ollie when Missy asked him what happened with the makeup.
Being unscripted helps, B & M.
Let him be himself.
I can understand him much better when he's doing things with Cassie. She asks him open ended questions, and obviously doesn't script him.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Ollie almost seems like a different kid when he's with Cassie; we get to see his personality come through and not just "uh-huh", "yeah". Makes me wonder if one of the reasons he cries when Mimi and Papa leave is that he can be himself with them and not just a prop in the videos.
I totally believe that. I also think that they pay attention to him when the camera is off. They don't just throw him in the playroom with a movie. Assuming, anyway

spacekitty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by spacekitty »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:I could do without seeing a closeup of Bryan's dead tooth today. Image the vlog was kind of funny though. Also I think bryan was trying to prove something to missy with Finn sleeping on the floor. Maybe bryan is pushing for a big boy bed but missy is happy with Finn in the crib and doesn't think he's ready. Image

With all these YT coins..why can’t he get veneers? Bryan’s teeth have always reminded me of a cartoon crocodile for some reason lol Image

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:I could do without seeing a closeup of Bryan's dead tooth today. Image the vlog was kind of funny though. Also I think bryan was trying to prove something to missy with Finn sleeping on the floor. Maybe bryan is pushing for a big boy bed but missy is happy with Finn in the crib and doesn't think he's ready. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201711 ... 3934fe.jpg[/img]

Love us. LOVE US! We'll read the mean comments from haters, and all our minions will post nice comments and tell us how much they love us and how we're the best parents ever.
And the minions are wondering why they never _see_ these negative comments.

MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

Strawberry26 wrote:Finally a new thread =) viewtopic.php?t=13265

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
^^^^^^^^
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:

Return to “Daily Bumps”