BarelyDailyBoringVideos (Part 103)

loopdeloop
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

BarelyDailyBoringVideos (Part 103)

Unread post by loopdeloop »

Last time on the Bumps...we all stopped caring, and so did they.
brownprincess93
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Re: BarelyDailyBoringVideos (Part 103)

Unread post by brownprincess93 »

Another vlog....boys in matching shirts (good lord)....Finn has another mark on his face....Ollie actually has his hair done for once...Bryan's over-acting is getting even more ridiculous...Ollie says "fwowers" - I guess we can add that to the Ollie's Dictionary of Confused Sayings :? Wow....Bryan is so desperate to tell people his wife is amazing and he loves so much....Missy probably tells him to say that every single time!! She leaves the same stupid post its too probably, we all know it's too much work for her to take time away from her phone!!
coolusername1236
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by coolusername1236 »

It's official- I went to see family for Spring break, and my 16 month old nephew talks better than Finn.

P.s. don't waste your time on the "vlog" today. It's just Finn chasing Ollie in a leprechaun outfit, and them getting toys (as usual).
msrubeus
Informer
Informer

Unread post by msrubeus »

coolusername1236 wrote:It's official- I went to see family for Spring break, and my 16 month old nephew talks better than Finn.

P.s. don't waste your time on the "vlog" today. It's just Finn chasing Ollie in a leprechaun outfit, and them getting toys (as usual).
It's pretty bad..my daughter is a couple months older than Finn but speaks better than Ollie, honestly. She's had full sentences since 18 months. Her pronunciation is impeccable. Sometimes I don't want to correct her because if she says something wrong and I say it the right way she won't ever say it wrong again... And some of her mispronunciations are adorable. Like graham crackers are "grand crackers" and basket is "baksek".

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
ButterflyB
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ButterflyB »

Yup my daughter is 2 weeks older than Finn and she speaks in short sentences that you can actually understand. She still talks gibberish too but mostly uses actual words. She knows her colors, can count to 5, knows animal sounds, etc. and is now learning her shapes and letters.

I know kids develop differently and at their own rate but it baffles me to see the difference in Finn and my daughter. Two total opposite ends of the spectrum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ladyju28
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ladyju28 »

Soo Ollie can finalllyyy count 1 to 12, after 12 he went to 14, 19 ..
msrubeus
Informer
Informer

Unread post by msrubeus »

ButterflyB wrote:Yup my daughter is 2 weeks older than Finn and she speaks in short sentences that you can actually understand. She still talks gibberish too but mostly uses actual words. She knows her colors, can count to 5, knows animal sounds, etc. and is now learning her shapes and letters.

I know kids develop differently and at their own rate but it baffles me to see the difference in Finn and my daughter. Two total opposite ends of the spectrum!

I think it's pretty obvious nobody is really engaging with Finn though. I'm sure he would talk but nobody seems to converse with him or encourage him when he talks.

saltysgirl
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by saltysgirl »

This is such a totally random question, but is there some secret beef between slyfox fam and the lumps? I feel like I remember so long ago they were in each others videos and their kids played together, blah blah. But you never see that anymore and they don't even have each other listed on the featured youtubers panel on their youtube channels. Just wondering what is up with that and why they don't socialize with them anymore. I wonder if Missy is pissed because Natalia is so close with Hannah and they go places together all the time while Missy stays home and has no friends besides Kelsey and her own family members
avabrooke1226
Talker
Talker

Unread post by avabrooke1226 »

ladyju28 wrote:Soo Ollie can finalllyyy count 1 to 12, after 12 he went to 14, 19 ..Image
Wow.. my daughter is a few months older than Ollie and can count to 100.. my other daughter is 2 can count to 20.. every kid learns at their own pace and I understand that but it’s like they don’t even attempt to teach them! Missy will once in a while and then forgets about it, kids need repetition to learn. You can’t just sing abcs once and expect them to get it. Not sure about in Cali but here in CT kids are expected to know basic things before kindergarten (recognize letters, count to 20, write name, etc..) he’s gonna have a hard time and it’s their fault.
MadeHD
Talker
Talker

Unread post by MadeHD »

msrubeus wrote:
ButterflyB wrote:Yup my daughter is 2 weeks older than Finn and she speaks in short sentences that you can actually understand. She still talks gibberish too but mostly uses actual words. She knows her colors, can count to 5, knows animal sounds, etc. and is now learning her shapes and letters.

I think it's pretty obvious nobody is really engaging with Finn though. I'm sure he would talk but nobody seems to converse with him or encourage him when he talks.

Yeah
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Drama King: any male that makes a big deal over a nonissue.
also any male that never shuts up and always has to be the center of attention.

"Drama Kings and Queens of Idaho"
MadeHD
Talker
Talker

Unread post by MadeHD »

This was really cute. Finn is going to be a stoner.

Drama King: any male that makes a big deal over a nonissue.
also any male that never shuts up and always has to be the center of attention.

"Drama Kings and Queens of Idaho"
ewitsme
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ewitsme »

Finn looks so sad for like half of the vlog. Like, he seems very like just sad. Usually when I see kids his age they’re very smiley and energetic almost all the time but recently whenever I see Finn he’s just all sad and not very interactive. /:

:toss:
coolusername1236
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by coolusername1236 »

ewitsme wrote:Finn looks so sad for like half of the vlog. Like, he seems very like just sad. Usually when I see kids his age they’re very smiley and energetic almost all the time but recently whenever I see Finn he’s just all sad and not very interactive. /:

He's probably noticed how much BS his family puts him through. He's too good for them.
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

avabrooke1226 wrote:Not sure about in Cali but here in CT kids are expected to know basic things before kindergarten (recognize letters, count to 20, write name, etc..) he’s gonna have a hard time and it’s their fault.
I actually find that most schools DON’T expect the kids to start kindy with even basic literacy/number skills. In fact, my kids went with that knowledge, could spell their names and sound out 3&4 letter words, and had lost most of it by Christmas Image. So many kids come in not even recognizing the alphabet that the teachers have to start from absolute scratch, and the kids who DO have those skills end up losing them to work down at peer level.

My sister (kindy teacher) said the majority of the kids aren’t even fully toilet trained anymore, and she sees a ton of 5 year olds with the vocabulary of 2-3 year olds. It’s not even just a district problem. She’s been in the field for nearly 15 years and has worked in several schools all over the province. Across the board, kids are lacking the social, hygienic, communication, numeracy and literacy skills that would have been standard 20 years ago in that age group. And behavioural problems are off the chart. Which isn’t surprising when you consider they can’t communicate their needs effectively. Ollie and Finn, sadly, aren’t outliers. They’re average.
:roll:
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

ewitsme wrote:Finn looks so sad for like half of the vlog. Like, he seems very like just sad. Usually when I see kids his age they’re very smiley and energetic almost all the time but recently whenever I see Finn he’s just all sad and not very interactive. /:

I think the person who said that nobody engages with Finn hit me nail on the head. I think Cassie does, but she's not around all the time. Poor little guy. And I am sure he's already picking up on the favoritism.

laughsatytfame
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by laughsatytfame »

Theirmom wrote:
avabrooke1226 wrote:Not sure about in Cali but here in CT kids are expected to know basic things before kindergarten (recognize letters, count to 20, write name, etc..) he’s gonna have a hard time and it’s their fault.
I actually find that most schools DON’T expect the kids to start kindy with even basic literacy/number skills. In fact, my kids went with that knowledge, could spell their names and sound out 3&4 letter words, and had lost most of it by Christmas Image. So many kids come in not even recognizing the alphabet that the teachers have to start from absolute scratch, and the kids who DO have those skills end up losing them to work down at peer level.

My sister (kindy teacher) said the majority of the kids aren’t even fully toilet trained anymore, and she sees a ton of 5 year olds with the vocabulary of 2-3 year olds. It’s not even just a district problem. She’s been in the field for nearly 15 years and has worked in several schools all over the province. Across the board, kids are lacking the social, hygienic, communication, numeracy and literacy skills that would have been standard 20 years ago in that age group. And behavioural problems are off the chart. Which isn’t surprising when you consider they can’t communicate their needs effectively. Ollie and Finn, sadly, aren’t outliers. They’re average.
That is scary! But after watching the parenting of so many youtubers and other people their age in public it is not surprising.
sparklyfluff
Informer
Informer

Unread post by sparklyfluff »

My youngest is about a month older than Finn. Finn physically (crawling, walking etc) was always ahead of her, however now she speaks in clear full sentences, can count to 10, knows her shapes, colours, animals etc and is starting to learn letters. Makes you realise how far Finn is falling behind considering at one point he was ahead it’s quite sad to see.

loopdeloop
Informer
Informer

Unread post by loopdeloop »

saltysgirl wrote:This is such a totally random question, but is there some secret beef between slyfox fam and the lumps? I feel like I remember so long ago they were in each others videos and their kids played together, blah blah. But you never see that anymore and they don't even have each other listed on the featured youtubers panel on their youtube channels. Just wondering what is up with that and why they don't socialize with them anymore. I wonder if Missy is pissed because Natalia is so close with Hannah and they go places together all the time while Missy stays home and has no friends besides Kelsey and her own family members
It's pretty clear that their "friendship" was for views and subscribers, likely benefitting SlyFox more than the Lumps. Sometimes the companies that YTers sign up with, like Fullscreen, have vloggers do "collabs" with other vloggers to improve views and get new subscribers. Sometimes they become real friendships, other times it's just for a bit. Bryan and Missy have always struck me as pretty immature, so I'm not surprised that other vloggers haven't necessarily remained friends with them. Plus, it seems like any vlogger doing a collab with them ends up putting a video after the Lumps do -- as though they need permission to post. That would irk me.
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

sparklyfluff wrote:My youngest is about a month older than Finn. Finn physically (crawling, walking etc) was always ahead of her, however now she speaks in clear full sentences, can count to 10, knows her shapes, colours, animals etc and is starting to learn letters. Makes you realise how far Finn is falling behind considering at one point he was ahead it’s quite sad to see.

They need to enroll him in a 0-3 program to help him catch up. But he's sO aDvAnCeD yOu GuYs!

My son is still in his program (until June) and he talks in sentences (probably 85% clear), reads letters and numbers, counted to 15 just the other day (normally 12), knows colors, shapes, animal sounds, body parts, and all different kinds of cars and trucks. He didn't really start talking until a little after his second birthday.

I showed my son's speech therapist a video of Finn and mentioned the family and he said some people are just too proud to get the help and it's really sad. He told me he saw a 3 year old that was identical to how my son was when we started his program (at 18 months) and it really put into perspective how much he needed the help.

Bryan and Missy are failing these boys. But hey, minions, keep pushing them to have another one!

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
Kish
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Kish »

// Following //

Return to “Daily Bumps”