DailyBores (Part 104)

Baconsgirl

Re: DailyBores (Part 104)

Unread post by Baconsgirl »

Are the bumps getting better as c&k are getting worse? Don’t watch the bumps as much anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Baconsgirl wrote:Are the bumps getting better as c&k are getting worse? Don’t watch the bumps as much anymore.

Depends on your definition. If not really daily vlogging, and doing bad skits with Ollie and occasionally Finn, and turning into Ollie's toy channel, "better", then yeah. Adults are unsubscribing in droves, but their overall views and subs are going up. They are _minting_ money. But they are also _spending_ it... And it ain't gonna last forever.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
ButterflyB
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by ButterflyB »

So they shared the story on how a “viewer” got them kicked out of the first rental with Mimi and papa (where missy and Bryan were living in the garage). They said they will be sharing more of these kind of stories on later podcast. All I can think of is..Bryan will you be spilling the tea on your Craigslist/gym fiasco?!?

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

ButterflyB wrote:So they shared the story on how a “viewer” got them kicked out of the first rental with Mimi and papa (where missy and Bryan were living in the garage). They said they will be sharing more of these kind of stories on later podcast. All I can think of is..Bryan will you be spilling the tea on your Craigslist/gym fiasco?!? Image

The craigslist tea would get a listen from me

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
coolusername1236
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by coolusername1236 »

The first episode of Hey Babe is out. Let's see how this goes...
roseter
Talker
Talker

Unread post by roseter »

Cringe moment from the Podcast:
Missy - “Good luck wiping your penis!”

Good lord..

coolusername1236
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by coolusername1236 »

coolusername1236 wrote:The first episode of Hey Babe is out. Let's see how this goes...
It was fine. Nothing all that interesting that we haven't heard before.
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

DailyBores (Part 104)

Unread post by GymChick »

As much as I don’t enjoy their content, and I’ve been unsubscribed to daily bumps for so long now...I honestly respect their business sense and hustle compared to lazy Ellie and Jared and C&K. DB may be sellouts but they do seem to know how to be creative and make changes when needed in a business sense. I watched the podcast and enjoyed it- I turned the video off as soon as Ollie came on lol I enjoy watching adults talk, I don’t watch family vlogs for the cute but boring kids lol I watch for the mom/dad life and relationship dynamics- I find it interesting. I never knew Bryan had a job serving, graphic design, daily vlogging, filming Missy’s channel, wedding photography and he was creating content for another channel. Gotta admit that is pretty impressive. Can’t imagine Jared or Cullen doing that.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I gotta wonder about his "graphic design" job. I don't buy it. He doesn't have the education to actually be a graphic designer. I have a few friends that are, and they worked really hard in school. One graduated Summa cum Laude with a BFA. He might have worked for a design firm, but I don't think he was actually a designer..
I did know he was a server. I don't think he learned anything from it, by the way they let Ollie run around restaurants and what we've heard here about the way they act in restaurants. All those jobs and no actual career? He was in his early twenties when they started vlogging. All those jobs at that young age speaks of inability to stick with something, not a great work ethic. If he hadn't lucked into vlogging, they would still be living with Mimi and Papa. He may have hustled when they were first vlogging, but now it's like he's throwing spaghetti at the wall to see what sticks. He's doing the minimum amount of work to keep the money flowing. They're not even daily vlogging anymore.

roseter
Talker
Talker

Unread post by roseter »

I like how many times they said they were relatable and other similar descriptions...I think the only people they are convincing is themselves.

Relating to their comments on “I miss the old Daily Bumps”, I think they are missing the point. People miss the Bryan and Missy who weren’t grandiose and arrogant, I don’t think I think matters when people started watching per se - if they watched any time before B&M moved into their McMansion, that’s the Daily Bumps that’s being referred to. Pre-skits.

spiralstatic
Talker
Talker

Unread post by spiralstatic »

roseter wrote:I like how many times they said they were relatable and other similar descriptions...I think the only people they are convincing is themselves.

Relating to their comments on “I miss the old Daily Bumps”, I think they are missing the point. People miss the Bryan and Missy who weren’t grandiose and arrogant, I don’t think I think matters when people started watching per se - if they watched any time before B&M moved into their McMansion, that’s the Daily Bumps that’s being referred to. Pre-skits.

I can agree with this. When I started watching them they were still very humble and living a reasonable, relatable life. They weren't even that bad when they moved into that rental they were in before buying their house, but now they're just so out of touch with reality and not really relatable at all. Its especially bad now that they've transitioned into a terrible kids channel.

They might be enjoying an influx of new subs and views, but it won't last long. It wouldnt even surprise me if they were buying views/subs to help launch them into this niche market.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

They made skits before the move. That's where they lucked out. If it works why stop, right?
Im surprised they haven't pumped out more skits. Keep Ollie a "kid star" as long as you can.

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

that was strange. I wonder what will come out of this. Maybe good for the original viewers. I found them after my first stillbirth, desperate to relate to someone in the same position and they had 360 give or take subscribers..
spiralstatic
Talker
Talker

Unread post by spiralstatic »

amyfalafal wrote:that was strange. I wonder what will come out of this. Maybe good for the original viewers. I found them after my first stillbirth, desperate to relate to someone in the same position and they had 360 give or take subscribers..
I feel like they're definitely trying to reboot Missy's channel to be the place they will upload more mature content and keep the daily channel as a kids channel. We all know they need to showcase their Golden Child somewhere.

I may give her channel another chance, but I am done with the main channel.

runnerduck
Informer
Informer

Unread post by runnerduck »

From the Podcast....Does anyone think that the person who outed them for living in the garage was TweedleTee?

That’s the only one they really had issues with in the beginning...
lex_3859
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by lex_3859 »

I’m listening to the podcast right now. Are they really talking about his penis...Im mortified

princessanp
Informer
Informer

Unread post by princessanp »

runnerduck wrote:From the Podcast....Does anyone think that the person who outed them for living in the garage was TweedleTee?

That was my first thought too! I remember around that time her ranting about how mad she made her. The only thing is tweedletee is in Canada so I’m not sure she would even be familiar with the fact that a garage can’t be lived in. She could have looked it up though I guess.

princessanp
Informer
Informer

Unread post by princessanp »

Missy really thought men wiped? Does she wipe Ollie or teach him to wipe after he peed? Maybe we are just weird but my husband has peed with me in the bathroom a million times, she’s never seen him pee?

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

spiralstatic wrote:
roseter wrote:I like how many times they said they were relatable and other similar descriptions...I think the only people they are convincing is themselves.

I can agree with this. When I started watching them they were still very humble and living a reasonable, relatable life. They weren't even that bad when they moved into that rental they were in before buying their house, but now they're just so out of touch with reality and not really relatable at all. Its especially bad now that they've transitioned into a terrible kids channel.

They might be enjoying an influx of new subs and views, but it won't last long. It wouldnt even surprise me if they were buying views/subs to help launch them into this niche market.

I remember one of the first vlogs of theirs I saw was Ollie's second birthday. They were actually embarrassed at going "overboard" on his gifts. It was such a sweet little family party,
And then they moved onto The Property. And Ollie's third birthday party was an over the top YouTube extravaganza, and they weren't embarrassed at all. They acted like it was normal. And that _they_ deserved it. Not Ollie-- them. It was like they were trying to make up for whatever lacked in their own childhoods by giving Ollie everything _they_ ever wanted. Except for real friends. He doesn't have any of those. It's got to confuse him, the way people come and go in his life. They don't think about that at all, do they? So the cycle will continue.

runnerduck
Informer
Informer

Unread post by runnerduck »

Yeah I’m pretty sure that was something talked about here on YTMD very early on so maybe she read it here.
princessanp wrote:
runnerduck wrote:From the Podcast....Does anyone think that the person who outed them for living in the garage was TweedleTee?

That was my first thought too! I remember around that time her ranting about how mad she made her. The only thing is tweedletee is in Canada so I’m not sure she would even be familiar with the fact that a garage can’t be lived in. She could have looked it up though I guess.

Return to “Daily Bumps”