DailyBores (Part 104)

chrimsi
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DailyBores (Part 104)

Unread post by chrimsi »

Why the HELL is Ollie stil drinking out of a sippy cup?! He is FIVE!!!

The one year olds in the day care where I work can drink out of a cup... There are no excuses. Some of the small one need someone helping with holding the cup, but come on!

I just don't get it...

Sendt fra min HUAWEI VNS-L21 med Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

chrimsi wrote:Why the HELL is Ollie stil drinking out of a sippy cup?! He is FIVE!!!

The one year olds in the day care where I work can drink out of a cup... There are no excuses. Some of the small one need someone helping with holding the cup, but come on!

I just don't get it...

Bc he's still a toddler, dontcha know??
I honestly think they do things like this, one, bc they are hella lazy and sippy cups mean less spills on the white carpet, the $10,000 couch sack, the bean bag chairs in the playroom and the inside of the vulva. And 2 bc this keeps up the guise that they want Ollie to look and act younger than he really is. (bc "toddler" gets more views than "preschooler" or "kid") They are really going to have a hard time letting this kid grow up.
At 5 i think the only time my kids had sippy cups (and they were more like water bottles with built in straws, not "real" sippy cup) were in the car or when we were out and about. No spills and kept their water colder, but if we were home or out to eat somewhere it was always a regular cup. But my kids were not allowed to carry drinks all over the house either. They stayed on the kitchen table or the coffee table in the living room. NOt roaming around the house with them.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Madsmom110 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:
fossilfinger wrote:
It may be a good idea that Bryan doesn't say how he lost weight. Even if he isn't using diet pills, he could be doing unhealthy things like only eating five days a week and fasting the other two, or eating way fewer calories than he should. Kids are easily influenced and it wouldn't be good for those who watch him to take any hints from him, especially since he's not a trained professional and hasn't even kept the weight off that long. Losing weight is actually easier than maintaining weight, so maybe he's trying to not set himself up to get backlash if he gains the weight back.
That's a good point. But it goes along with what I was saying-- if he's doing it in a healthy way, and not taking short cuts like starving himself, pills or surgery, there isn't a reason not to talk about it. So it makes me more suspicious. Especially since I don't watch daily, or anything like that-- the weight loss appears much less gradual.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Bryan has said himself his weight loss is restricting to 1200 cals a day and only eating when he wants to not when his body says it's hungry.

Also, whoever says TK is prek getting them ready for kindergarten. It's not. It's kindergarten, but for children who may not be socially/emotionally ready for school (like the kids that are turning 5 in July, August, Sept). These kids aren't behind in any other way and just need extra encouragement for transitions and change that happens during the school day. They all typically goto 1st grade the next year.
Ollie is way behind in more areas than just socially/emotionally. He is behind in those aspects, but from what i have read here (bc i havent seen the 5 year update video yet) he still doesn't know his ABC's nor his numbers. That's way behind for a 5 year old. I HIGHLY doubt he will be ready for 1st grade (nor do i think Missy will be ready for him to go to "real" school yet) next year and i have a very strong feeling that he will be in Kindergarten next fall, which is probably right where he will need to be, unless they get their asses in gear and help him get to where he needs to be. Plus this year of TK makes it easier to skip days and go home after a half day just bc, be late when they want him to be, take him out of class for needless trips and Disney Land visits. They can't have their little cash cow out of the house for too long, I mean he is paying his own private school tuition. Once he gets in real school and attendance starts actually counting, i'm not sure how they will stay a float. :lol: I guess it will be Finn's time to catch the slack... or maybe Nacho's, bc i feel sure that Finn will be in school the second he's old enough. None of that staying home to play business for him, that's only for Ollie The Golden Child
chrimsi
Talker
Talker

Unread post by chrimsi »

Is "regular" kindergarden mandatory? Or can a kid start in 1st grade at six without having gone to kindergarden?

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

chrimsi wrote:Is "regular" kindergarden mandatory? Or can a kid start in 1st grade at six without having gone to kindergarden?

Here in GA it is not, but it is very VERY strongly encouraged, along with PreK classes. Both of which are state funded and "free" programs. (Unless you choose a private school setting) You only "have" to be enrolled in school from ages 6 to 16.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

DailyBores (Part 104)

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Transitional Kindergarten is for children that have birthdays between Sept and Dec, and who would start regular kindergarten at age 5 then. Oliver has a July birthday, and is not who this program is designed for.

Looks like Missy and Bryan would have to sign off on him then also doing Kindergarten with his peers next year. They are, essentially, holding him back.... after having had TWO stay at home parents his entire life. How sad.

I was watching Ollie long before even conceiving my youngest. So weird to think that my 3.5 year old will be attending regular Kindy at the same time he is... and his Kindergarten will be full days and not just 4 hours!

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201808 ... 6b805f.png[/img]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

So, they are going on a trip _again_. Missy uploaded an instastory of the boys drinking from their sippy cups in the back of the car, and she captions it "They are soooooo excited!" But when she asks them, "Are you excited?" Finn gives her a blank look, and Ollie just talks about leaving in the dark "Like Halloween!" They don't seem excited at all. She always does that-- says "They're so excited!" when they're obviously not. Keep telling yourself that...
Any guesses on where they're going? I am thinking Hawaii again.
And it looks like she's actually taking riding lessons. She posted videos of herself posting with no hands. Before she drops the reins, her hands are all over the place. Poor Nacho was probably SO happy when she dropped the reins! His poor mouth.

brownprincess93
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by brownprincess93 »

You know what's weird....Bryan keeps looking skinny and talking about his 80 lb weight loss but the dude is always scarfing down bags of chips and eating pasta, I mean what gives here?? Every human on the planet eats food so clearly he's getting some work done because there is no way he lost all that weight because of his "diet" - #DailyLyingLannings
coolusername1236
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by coolusername1236 »

They're probably going to Florida. I was genuinely surprised to see them fly Delta. I guess I'm ignorant if Delta is good, because I've always listened to the people that say it's bad. Tbh I've never been on Delta. Is it actually bad?
PirateWench8
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by PirateWench8 »

I won't criticize the fact that Ollie is being put in Transitional Kindergarten. I was born in August and I started kindergarten two weeks after I turned 5. I was by far the youngest in my kindergarten class. I struggled horribly emotionally until I was in the 4th grade because of it. I bet if they had a TK when I was Ollie's age my parents would have taken advantage of the option and put me in it.
chrimsi
Talker
Talker

Unread post by chrimsi »

PirateWench8 wrote:I won't criticize the fact that Ollie is being put in Transitional Kindergarten. I was born in August and I started kindergarten two weeks after I turned 5. I was by far the youngest in my kindergarten class. I struggled horribly emotionally until I was in the 4th grade because of it. I bet if they had a TK when I was Ollie's age my parents would have taken advantage of the option and put me in it.
Personally I don't know enough about the us scholl system to know anything, and we don't 100 % know Ollie - we mostly see him when he is parroting Bryan's script.

I won't criticize it either. I just hope they took the decision in cooperation with a professional/teacher.

Edenberry
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Edenberry »

PirateWench8 wrote:I won't criticize the fact that Ollie is being put in Transitional Kindergarten. I was born in August and I started kindergarten two weeks after I turned 5. I was by far the youngest in my kindergarten class. I struggled horribly emotionally until I was in the 4th grade because of it. I bet if they had a TK when I was Ollie's age my parents would have taken advantage of the option and put me in it.
That's my youngest. His birthday is August 10, and he turns 6 this year. Last year, we knew he wasn't emotionally ready for Kindergarten (he has a speech processing disorder where his thoughts and words get jumbled) so we put him in K4 (which equates to a TK around here, SC). It was the best decision because he's matured a lot since last year and I feel much more comfortable sending him to Kindergarten all day this year.
Em1899
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Em1899 »

Why does this site take 3 days to load all the time?\
its f...ing obnoxious
LumpyDays
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LumpyDays »

If Bryan is only having 1200 calories a day, there is no way that is sustainable, especially for a man.
There is so much information about different ways to eat if they would just be bothered to look. And stop eating crap.
(although I never watch their videos anymore after the obvious pedo stuff and how they are completely unrelateable)
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Hes also using dumbbells

Its been mentioned here before, you totally can lose weight only eating small portions while still eating crap.

They are a kids channel. I hated when shaytards were promoting, fat dad fat kid. Poor gavin. Hes still a big guy. And shay couldn't keep the weight off and now is a big greasy looking mess.

Kids don't need to worry about dieting. Im glad hes not saying. What works for him isn't going to work for all of us. And as soon as these new friends move on, he'll be back to his old lazy habits.

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

I wonder if they are with Cullen and Katie at the beach house?

I'm guessing they aren't because aren't her parents with them on this trip?? Their flight seemed really long, so maybe somewhere in the Caribbean.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ewokfan11 wrote:I wonder if they are with Cullen and Katie at the beach house?

I'm guessing they aren't because aren't her parents with them on this trip?? Their flight seemed really long, so maybe somewhere in the Caribbean.
No way in hell would the extra fancy, super rich Lannings be slumming it at the "cute" beach house in little ol PCB for their 10th anniversary. Gotta be somewhere out of the country at some repulsively lavish resort.
Mimi is with them on their anniversary trip? Weird.....
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Playsinrain wrote:

No way in hell would the extra fancy, super rich Lannings be slumming it at the "cute" beach house in little ol PCB for their 10th anniversary. Gotta be somewhere out of the country at some repulsively lavish resort.
They have the boys with them too, so Mimi has to be there to provide on demand babysitting.
Think they're going to renew their vows on the beach? They're definitely at a beach resort of some kind.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:

They have the boys with them too, so Mimi has to be there to provide on demand babysitting.
Think they're going to renew their vows on the beach? They're definitely at a beach resort of some kind.

Color me shocked that they have the boys with them. (no shame in them NOT taking the boys for an anniversary trip, it's the only time that my husband and i have a trip without kids. But they regularly take trips without the boys, so im shocked this is the trip they decided to bring them along for) I agree they must be renewing their vows if the boys are there for an anniversary trip. Is it just Mimi? Wonder why poppa can't go? Unless hes left behind to house sit. Poor mimi, i hope they repay her by funding a trip for her an poppa WITHOUT the boys.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

lmmomSD wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:

It seemed they traveled for about 24 hours, so maybe Australia? South Pacific?

Return to “Daily Bumps”