DailyDesperateDumps (Daily Bumps) - Part 106

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

The “big change” isn’t a change at all. I think it’s just an attempt to get the teen/adult audience back before his latest album drops. YT kids aren’t going to be buying it. He needs it to hit that #1 spot for three seconds so he has bragging rights (in his eyes) and to get back some of the money he put into making it.

He started talking about the previous albums again and started trying to build nostalgia for them, right after they came out with the reveal about the big change. It’s all about the new album and a need for more revenue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cats-or-die
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Re: DailyDesperateDumps (Daily Bumps) - Part 106

Unread post by cats-or-die »

Okay I haven’t watched them in SO long. You OG posters will remember how active I used to be on here, but their content just.....no. I couldn’t even hate watch them anymore because of the cringe level. But after reading here, I watched (or tried) their sit down video and I just.....what.
Bryan’s stupid smug almost crying face immediately turned my stomach. He’s so phony. I admit I skipped around in the video because I was bored, but what exactly are they “changing” and getting back to? They lost their adult audience. Good luck getting them back when you pushed them out hard.
Even if they returned to their old style, they aren’t fun to watch anymore. They aren’t relatable. I’m their age, just bought a home (not a glamorous property like them) have no kids, and I struggle every day working trying to make ends meet. What I liked about them before was how relatable they were, with or without kids. Now? What do I have to relate to? I loved when they were a young couple in the garage just trying to get by...

And what the fuck is up with Missy? Her style is so different than it even was a year ago? What is she trying to be? I kind of understand Bryan’s style change since he lost weight. I know the feeling of finally being able to wear what you want and feel confident, but man he’s a douche.
So did I miss anything? What are they changing? Are they actually going to be parents again and live a relatable lifestyle? Doubtful.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

It says A LOT when you have 4.3 million subscribers, release a video called “We Need To Talk” and it only has 396k views 2 days later.

Your audience is all fake accounts, children who love click bait, and subscribers who have abandoned your channel but forgot to unsubscribe.

GGF1987
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by GGF1987 »

Someone needs to tell them there is no turning back time. They decided to become staged and they lost their audience and now they think they can just magically turn back time. Every thing they post on Twitter, Instagram, and Youtube is completely staged and has been for years(And Cassie did the same thing)! It's over guys, you wrecked a good thing!
ewitsme
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ewitsme »

I might be in the minority here but im kinda interested to see (or should I say hear) Bryans new music. I wanna say I was maybe 13/14 when he released Lion and I was getting really into like christian music (I had gone to winterjam that year and thought it was the most amazing thing since sliced bread) so I thought his music was fairly great but now I kinda want to see how bad - or possibly good - his new stuff could be. I don't have a lot of hope though just cause his voice is kind of boring. I haven't heard him live but his recorded stuff is just mediocre to say the least. He keeps fanboying about Ariana Grande a lot recently and considering she's the biggest pop star right now it's gonna be interesting to see if that's where Bryan goes musically.
:toss:
mrsglittersparkles
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by mrsglittersparkles »

According to Mithy’s insta story Ollie goes to an occupational therapist

ewitsme
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ewitsme »

mrsglittersparkles wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:30 pm According to Mithy’s insta story Ollie goes to an occupational therapist Image

Im assuming it was one of his first meetings since he got a treat for working hard afterwords but its also the landings so you never know. I am glad he's getting in the habit of trying new food and possible speech stuff!
SAHMof101
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by SAHMof101 »

mrsglittersparkles wrote:According to Mithy’s insta story Ollie goes to an occupational therapist Image

Saw her story and I directly came here to find out if anyone knew why. Haven’t watched in like a year so I wasn’t sure if it was addressed in the videos. She seemed to really emphasize him going to one on purpose. Image my son goes to a speech therapist so no judgment on my part just curious.

crowmtmom78
Informer
Informer

Unread post by crowmtmom78 »

SAHMof101 wrote:
mrsglittersparkles wrote:According to Mithy’s insta story Ollie goes to an occupational therapist Image

Saw her story and I directly came here to find out if anyone knew why. Haven’t watched in like a year so I wasn’t sure if it was addressed in the videos. She seemed to really emphasize him going to one on purpose. Image my son goes to a speech therapist so no judgment on my part just curious.

She told a while back it for food aversions. She says he refuses to eat food of certain textures and doesn't like to try new food. The occupational therapist is supposed to help to be willing to try new foods.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by angelfire89 »

crowmtmom78 wrote:
SAHMof101 wrote:

She told a while back it for food aversions. She says he refuses to eat food of certain textures and doesn't like to try new food. The occupational therapist is supposed to help to be willing to try new foods.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Hmm... its too bad no one watching ever noticed that and tried to comment about it. If only there was a whole forum of people who could see and predict Ollie forming aversions and extreme pickiness. Maybe they could have helped him earlier... [end sarcasm font]
coolusername1236
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by coolusername1236 »

Did missy say why Ollie had to go to a therapist?
angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by angelfire89 »

coolusername1236 wrote:Did missy say why Ollie had to go to a therapist?
Ya’ll! Read upthread! Someone answered that question two posts earlier. Not even like it was pages back.

Not to be rude but no one likes having to answer questions repeatedly.
Herculeez
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Herculeez »

I told you so 485 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:45 am What's really sad about all of this is that we aren't the ones suffering from Missy and Bryan changing so much and the constant dinners and nights out. It's Ollie and Finn. At least to me, it's pretty sad because those kids are going to grow up and learn that their family isn't healthy, just by the way the other kids' families are. If Missy doesn't take them out of public school and start homeschooling them. Because we all know that may very well happen, and then all Ollie and Finn will know how to do is smile and talk into a camera. It's just really sad to me. Also, it's sad that Ollie and Finn will never have a normal life, and never consented to being in the videos, they've just had a camera shoved in their face since they were born.
yep. abuse comes in ALL forms, not just the obvious. The problem is EVERYONE sees the problem with daily bumps. people are vocal but not vocal enough. what is going to happen is ollie and finn 20 yeara from now arw going to start being vocal about it. how there parents brainwashed them, stole there money, and how the most intiment parts of them were sold off the the world so mom and dad dont have to work. typical society. see something nobldy does anything. youtube helped start this mess yet they are not putting any protections in place. soon congress will want money or get enough complaints. the free wild west internet world is quickly ending and being controlled. thats why bryan and missy n
are now trying to make a real business ...off of their scam business.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Tgere was an article written about Finley Jay Lanning on gawker Christian youtubers new baby will have a lifetime of monetized surveillance.

They were portrayed as a Christian couple -strong faith. That's a whole other crowd as big as the infertility community. Im sure they aren't sticking around for this new rich outta touch with family lifestyle.

Her labor clickbait really introduced her to so many little kids fascinated with births and people who love baby vlogs. I mean, he was almost born at Disneyland!!

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk

Herculeez
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Herculeez »

i was thinking about it...."the change".... other than bryan attempting to keep up this straight man facade...they probably totally lost their editor!!!!! This is probably a relationship 'incompatibility'. Just another breakdown. so they came up with the little roundabout video explaining nothing but it explains a marketing or editing style change. WHAT idiots.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

An OT for food pickiness?? This is an actual thing? I'm not judging, i just have never heard of anyone going to OT for something like that. I guess my reaction to this is bc i feel like his food issues were MADE by his parents, specifically Missy. How many times did we predict he would be this way bc SHE'S this way and thinks it's cute and makes her special? How are his food aversions suddenly so terrible that he needs OT for it, but yet his speech is still being over looked? the things Missy thinks are important confuse me. Your kid doesn't like your cookies so he needs therapy but he can't even say his own name properly and that's ok? (yes i know i'm being OTT and snarky, but i just do not and will not ever understand Lanning Logic)
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Playsinrain wrote:An OT for food pickiness?? This is an actual thing? I'm not judging, i just have never heard of anyone going to OT for something like that. I guess my reaction to this is bc i feel like his food issues were MADE by his parents, specifically Missy. How many times did we predict he would be this way bc SHE'S this way and thinks it's cute and makes her special? How are his food aversions suddenly so terrible that he needs OT for it, but yet his speech is still being over looked? the things Missy thinks are important confuse me. Your kid doesn't like your cookies so he needs therapy but he can't even say his own name properly and that's ok? (yes i know i'm being OTT and snarky, but i just do not and will not ever understand Lanning Logic)

I assume we are only getting half the story.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

HelloSweetie wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:21 am
Playsinrain wrote:An OT for food pickiness?? This is an actual thing? I'm not judging, i just have never heard of anyone going to OT for something like that. I guess my reaction to this is bc i feel like his food issues were MADE by his parents, specifically Missy. How many times did we predict he would be this way bc SHE'S this way and thinks it's cute and makes her special? How are his food aversions suddenly so terrible that he needs OT for it, but yet his speech is still being over looked? the things Missy thinks are important confuse me. Your kid doesn't like your cookies so he needs therapy but he can't even say his own name properly and that's ok? (yes i know i'm being OTT and snarky, but i just do not and will not ever understand Lanning Logic)

I assume we are only getting half the story.

I assume this too, I mean why would Missy admit he has a speech issue when he suddenly loses his lisp and speaks as well as an Oxford Professor when the camera turns off?? :roll:
Edenberry
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Edenberry »

Playsinrain wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:18 am An OT for food pickiness?? This is an actual thing? I'm not judging, i just have never heard of anyone going to OT for something like that. I guess my reaction to this is bc i feel like his food issues were MADE by his parents, specifically Missy. How many times did we predict he would be this way bc SHE'S this way and thinks it's cute and makes her special? How are his food aversions suddenly so terrible that he needs OT for it, but yet his speech is still being over looked? the things Missy thinks are important confuse me. Your kid doesn't like your cookies so he needs therapy but he can't even say his own name properly and that's ok? (yes i know i'm being OTT and snarky, but i just do not and will not ever understand Lanning Logic)
It is. Occupational deals with a wide array of things. My son lacked muscle control around age 3 and would constantly fall off of playground equipment because he wasn't understanding that he had to use his muscles to hang on to poles or bars. He also couldn't hold a crayon or use kid scissors because he couldn't figure out his hand muscles (he's a leftie). We tried to explain it to him but he just lacked the coordination because his brain wasn't sending the right signals. OT focused on that and within a year he was back on track.

I saw some children at OT who were working on textures, whether touching or tasting. Their mouth will just reject the texture or their tongues will reflexively push the food back out. Swallowing can be hard, temperatures of foods, etc.

Not a bad question at all! :) I'm encouraged Oliver is getting help now. Better late than never.
ewitsme
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ewitsme »

Playsinrain wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:18 am An OT for food pickiness?? This is an actual thing? I'm not judging, i just have never heard of anyone going to OT for something like that. I guess my reaction to this is bc i feel like his food issues were MADE by his parents, specifically Missy. How many times did we predict he would be this way bc SHE'S this way and thinks it's cute and makes her special? How are his food aversions suddenly so terrible that he needs OT for it, but yet his speech is still being over looked? the things Missy thinks are important confuse me. Your kid doesn't like your cookies so he needs therapy but he can't even say his own name properly and that's ok? (yes i know i'm being OTT and snarky, but i just do not and will not ever understand Lanning Logic)
My brother went to therapy for his picky food habits when he was in elementary school! He has autism and wouldn’t eat anything other than grilled cheese due to the textures and smell but with Ollie it seems to be something that’s just been pushed onto him since he was a baby. I can’t remember seeing him eat anything other than uncrustables and chicken nuggets. They might work on his speech with him as well, I know when my brother went to OT they helped a bit there but he got most of his help with a school therapist. They might wait until the school brings it up it seems which I think is a bit crazy since they can obviously afford to get him the help beforehand.

Return to “Daily Bumps”