Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DailyDesperateDumps (Daily Bumps) - Part 106

Unread post by msrubeus »

monkey837 wrote:
Theirmom wrote:
sarahelizabeth_1 wrote:lol I just watched the video about misery getting rid of her horse because I saw her post on Instagram. I’ve been unsubscribed for a year and wow... they have changed.

The thing that really got to me was watching this affluent, white woman cry because she took her spoiled child to occupational therapy to get him to try new foods. First world problems, eh?
I preferred watching them when they lived in a garage.

I just noticed autocorrect changed missy to misery but it’s kind of funny so I’ll leave it Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m glad they’re doing something about his picky eating.
I wish I’d known about occupational therapy for pickiness with my oldest. He eats maybe a total of ten different foods. It’s beyond frustrating. Like, my kid JUST tried cheese the other day, voluntarily, at TEN! It’s taken ten years (well, 7, because his aversions didn’t start until preschool), for me to get him to just TRY new things without a fight.

It’s annoying, because he was in OT for other things, and none of his therapists ever mentioned it could help with the picky eating.

I didn’t watch the video. Was she crying because he has food issues or because OT is inconvenient and embarrassing for her? I get crying over the frustration of picky eating. I’ve been there. But, it’s Missy, so I wouldn’t be surprised if she was making it about herself and crying about how bad this is for her.
She was crying because she was so proud he tried a bunch of new foods. It was actually very sweet. Oliver was really proud of himself.

I agree, I thought it was sweet. I liked yesterday's video more than most. OT sorta but my daughter eats about 5 foods and my freaking doctor won't refer us for OT because he thinks she'll grow out of it/I'm just being lazy and not force feeding her. She'll straight up refuse to eat, she'll starve herself, and she's like 3rd percentile for weight at 3 years old..... so I have to feed her what she'll eat.... ugh for a while she would only eat 2 things but she added pizza and peanut butter+ nutella sandwiches and apples in the last year....

I tell people she's picky and I have to bring food when we go to people's houses. And they're like "Oh we have mac and cheese she can eat" and I'm like no she won't eat that. "Hot dogs?"

Nope..... the struggle is real and I'll be crying too if/when my daughter ever tries celery, noodles or unbreaded chicken.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

This feels like growth for Missy. She no longer acts like it’s cute for him to be picky. She’s being proactive and taking him to OT. She’s emotional about his growth and development. This is the side of them that I want to see.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Cgl33 wrote:This feels like growth for Missy. She no longer acts like it’s cute for him to be picky. She’s being proactive and taking him to OT. She’s emotional about his growth and development. This is the side of them that I want to see.
I think it's great that she's doing this and that she's proud of him, but JFC, she fed into his pickiness for years (no pun intended). She thought it was "cute" for the longest time that he was picky "just like me!". She hardly ever encouraged him to eat anything besides chicken nuggets and Mac and cheese. I think they only intervened because his teacher said something. Because they haven't been proactive about his speech. She went on a big rant about how there was _nothing_ wrong with Ollie's speech.
Again, I am glad she's able to be proud of him for trying something new. That's a definite improvement. But it's going to take more than that for me to think she's a good parent. A good parent cares more about what their kid needs than looking cool or trips to Vegas and Hawaii.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Meanwhile, she posts an instastory about how Cassie left a sweater at her house over the weekend, and she's wearing it. So Cassie posts "Joke's on her! I stole her eyeliner. And mascara"
That's disgusting. Who takes someone else's eyeliner and mascara? That's a huge "don't share" item.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

sarahelizabeth_1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by sarahelizabeth_1 »

I mean... what do you expect when all you feed your kid is fast food and processed junk? You think he’s going to all of a sudden love celery because you’ve just now realized the gravity of your mistake? It’s weird to me because she used to buy organic produce from the farmers market and purée it for him. Then all of a sudden she didn’t even give a shit and it’s McDonald’s for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I’m not trying to diss anyone on this board (seems like you can’t talk shit about someone without another person feeling offended for some reason or another) but I just watch that video and thought what the fuck is this.

Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

She may have caused it or, at least, contributed to it, but I’ll give her credit for being responsible now. I don’t think they are great parents, but it’s a step. They have been so high and mighty about their parenting choices that even their adult fans could not make a suggestion without their comment being deleted. So this seems like a big change for them to get help for Ollie. I’m sure his teacher said something. In the past, we all wondered if Missy and Bryan would pull Ollie out of school if the teacher noticed a problem like his speech. Frankly, I’m surprised that they would listen to the teacher. It’s a responsible step for them.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Cgl33 wrote:She may have caused it or, at least, contributed to it, but I’ll give her credit for being responsible now. I don’t think they are great parents, but it’s a step. They have been so high and mighty about their parenting choices that even their adult fans could not make a suggestion without their comment being deleted. So this seems like a big change for them to get help for Ollie. I’m sure his teacher said something. In the past, we all wondered if Missy and Bryan would pull Ollie out of school if the teacher noticed a problem like his speech. Frankly, I’m surprised that they would listen to the teacher. It’s a responsible step for them.
I think he started school and they realized just how behind he really was. Assuming he’s still doing the transitional program next year, he’ll be one year older than many of his peers. It’s crazy to think my 4 (almost 5) year old will be in Kindergarten in the fall at the same time as Oliver, when there is a year and a half difference between them!

Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

HelloSweetie wrote:
I think he started school and they realized just how behind he really was. Assuming he’s still doing the transitional program next year, he’ll be one year older than many of his peers. It’s crazy to think my 4 (almost 5) year old will be in Kindergarten in the fall at the same time as Oliver, when there is a year and a half difference between them!

THIS!
My youngest is 6 months YOUNGER than Ollie, and she’s already halfway through her first year of kindergarten.
And doing so well. She’s surprising me by reading random words on commercials or street signs and asking me what they mean.
I don’t think Ollie even consistently knows all his letters yet. That’s inexcusable for a neurotypical child with two stay at home parents. Unless they’ve been hiding a significant developmental delay, the only reason he’s so far behind is because they stunted his development, either intentionally or negligently.

:roll:
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

It’s crazy because they were so into preparing for the newborn and infant stage, but it’s like they gave zero thought to raising a toddler or a young child. My two year old is correctly identifying some numbers and letters. It makes me sad for Ollie that he’s so behind, based on what we have seen. I agree there is no excuse unless he has exceptional needs. I see some red flags, but I’m not going to internet diagnose him.

It seemed like Missy really cared about how she was raising Ollie in the beginning, but as soon as he wasn’t a baby anymore, they just gave up. I don’t know if it’s their immaturity or if it’s because they couldn’t handle two kids. I hope this school sets him on the right track. It’s not the church school that he went to before, right?
honeybear
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by honeybear »

i haven’t watched their newest video but how tf can they make a click bait video about being pregnant, but then cry when people ask?

emilyrose26
Talker
Talker

Unread post by emilyrose26 »

honeybear wrote:i haven’t watched their newest video but how tf can they make a click bait video about being pregnant, but then cry when people ask?

Exactly!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

jmoysa
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by jmoysa »

Such idiots! That vlog was an example of the worst tourist in Hawaii! That was a papaya tree NOT mango you idiot! They also showed a sign that said “keep out” yet there they went. Do they only swim in pools and not the ocean? The best thing about Maui was the food so says Missy. There are signs all over that tell tourist not to feed the chickens.

He posted that video knowing what would happen. He said Carl took lots of pictures so why not choose another one? I call BS on her being self conscious after the comments, never stopped her before.

Her lisp sounded very apparent to me, probably due to her cranberry cocktails.

princessanp
Informer
Informer

Unread post by princessanp »

Anyone know why missy has nacho at a new barn?? They sure can’t keep friends long can they. I guess she made her barn friends hate her too. Wonder if it’s related to her getting rid of salty? I was looking back on vlogs and she’s had him almost as long as nacho, based on his appearances in the vlogs. It’s really sad, I feel like her barn friends were down to earth and taught her a lot. I’m sure she had a better than them attitude the whole time though. Like when she had that big photo shoot not long after getting nacho.

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Probably has something to do with the constant Tagalongs and using the daughter of the owner as a babysitter

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk

princessanp
Informer
Informer

Unread post by princessanp »

onbreak wrote:Probably has something to do with the constant Tagalongs and using the daughter of the owner as a babysitter

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
Wow she did that??? She’s ridiculous.

Sykes
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Sykes »

princessanp wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:50 am Anyone know why missy has nacho at a new barn?? They sure can’t keep friends long can they. I guess she made her barn friends hate her too. Wonder if it’s related to her getting rid of salty? I was looking back on vlogs and she’s had him almost as long as nacho, based on his appearances in the vlogs. It’s really sad, I feel like her barn friends were down to earth and taught her a lot. I’m sure she had a better than them attitude the whole time though. Like when she had that big photo shoot not long after getting nacho.

She said (can't remember if it was in a vlog or instastory) that the "old" barn people were moving so she needed to find a new barn. Guess she did.
sammibro
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by sammibro »

I had to ask my kid to explain this screenshot to me like I was five Image I don't watch Alexis G Zall, but I know her content is nothing like the Lumps'. So when I saw this on Bryan's instastory, I was confused! Why would she ask Bryan if it was OK for her to upload a video?!? My kid told me that she wasn't asking him, he just replied to the tweet like she was asking permission. I know. I know. I'm nit picking because Bryan and Missy are my BEC, but I found it annoying that Bryan hijacked another YouTuber's tweet to self-promote! Then pat himself on the back by posting it in his stories! Sorry, that's not hustle. That's being obnoxious! [IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201903 ... fc420f.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my Z839 using Tapatalk

PirateWench8
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by PirateWench8 »

Sykes wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:28 pm
princessanp wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:50 am Anyone know why missy has nacho at a new barn?? They sure can’t keep friends long can they. I guess she made her barn friends hate her too. Wonder if it’s related to her getting rid of salty? I was looking back on vlogs and she’s had him almost as long as nacho, based on his appearances in the vlogs. It’s really sad, I feel like her barn friends were down to earth and taught her a lot. I’m sure she had a better than them attitude the whole time though. Like when she had that big photo shoot not long after getting nacho.

She said (can't remember if it was in a vlog or instastory) that the "old" barn people were moving so she needed to find a new barn. Guess she did.
It was a Vlog. She said that the people that owned the barn have sold it and are moving away.
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

sammibro wrote:I had to ask my kid to explain this screenshot to me like I was five Image I don't watch Alexis G Zall, but I know her content is nothing like the Lumps'. So when I saw this on Bryan's instastory, I was confused! Why would she ask Bryan if it was OK for her to upload a video?!? My kid told me that she wasn't asking him, he just replied to the tweet like she was asking permission. I know. I know. I'm nit picking because Bryan and Missy are my BEC, but I found it annoying that Bryan hijacked another YouTuber's tweet to self-promote! Then pat himself on the back by posting it in his stories! Sorry, that's not hustle. That's being obnoxious! [IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201903 ... fc420f.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my Z839 using Tapatalk
Alexis gzall and the bumps collabed years ago. This interaction was tongue-in-cheek.
:roll:
endof
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by endof »

Is it just me orwere they trolling the steps to with title pregnancy and repeating how they wanted THEIR friends Ging:::: with them? If the are good ... I would support them over Corby any day!

Return to “Daily Bumps”