Daily Bums- DailyDetachedParenting Part 32

QweenKris
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Daily Bums- DailyDetachedParenting Part 32

Unread post by QweenKris »

Jessi31 wrote:Ollie's new room doesn't look like it's for a 2 year old. It looks more like a room for someone who is 10 years old. Plus what's with the sheep skin rug/mat on his bedside table, with a lamp on it? That lamp will get broken soon considering he can now roam freely in his room at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Totally thought the same thing! My two and a 1/2 year old doesn't even have that yet. I don't trust him enough LOL

QweenKris
Talker
Talker

Unread post by QweenKris »

loopdeloop wrote:Little kids can be rough with books. That doesn't mean you bolt them to the wall feet above his reach. He'll have an easier time getting the iPad.

This room isn't a camping theme. It's not an adventure theme. It's a Native American theme. Ugh. Cultural appropriation.
Yup. Another reason to prove they're morons.

spacekitty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by spacekitty »

I read this really nice literature last year on Native Americans and it talked about how her mother cut her long black braided hair off and laid in the drawer and they were moving to Chicago and she had to fit in with others, and how the daughter was visiting a museum with a bear in it and she said "this is not where he belongs" or something similar. Maybe I don't remember it right, but I just remember it was really nice to read, and I think it was even based on the author's childhood. I'll look and see if I can find the title and remember it. Maybe B&M need a quick read, if Pissy reads that Outlander shit, she can read it!

Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

ProSubscriber wrote:It's basically a super trendy "camping"/outdoors bedroom complete with cultural appropriation.

This shit makes me sick.

They lack creativity and any social awareness at all.
This was literally my first thought. Nothing says "we're socially oblivious" like cultural appropriation.
:roll:
hannahbanana
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by hannahbanana »

I'm not a fan of Ollie's room let alone the theme. He's still a baby, not some hipster teenager. I don't why they couldn't do a toy story or Disney themed room.
loopdeloop
Informer
Informer

Unread post by loopdeloop »

hannahbanana wrote:I'm not a fan of Ollie's room let alone the theme. He's still a baby, not some hipster teenager. I don't why they couldn't do a toy story or Disney themed room.
Heck, why not just paint his room a fun color and switch out posters, etc. of stuff he loves? Elsa and Woody today, maybe Mickey or Doc McStuffins in 6 months or so?
az2639
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by az2639 »

Poor child is going to be so confused thinking a moose is a cow...why is it so hard to TEACH him, instead of lying to him and confusing him? I feel so bad for him.

spacekitty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by spacekitty »

Ollie's room would be so fun with a colorful rug, bright accent wall (blue or yellow would be nice), a toy box, blocks..anything. I LOVED the Lion King when I was younger (still do) and I had a huge poster I got in the mail from a Disney book, a pillow case, stuffed animals. I even had a damn lamp. Bryan's fat ass sits on Amazon all day so there's no reason why he can't find a Frozen or Toy Story lamp. They could use the old bedding and fill a shelf with stuffed animals that he'd love to pull down. Get books that make him touch them! I had a book that had animals in it and a little part of them had the feeling of their fur or skin etc and it was so fun to touch and see what a dolphin felt like! It'd probably help his sensory issues too.

Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Amelia322 »

COME ON THEY IN NO WAY designed this! We know they have no style look at his last 3 nurseries !!! They had no style look at their living space havaha!! They totally hired someone!!! I can bet on that lol
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

You can do an adventure theme without being offensive.

I live smack dab in the middle of BC. There is forest everywhere here. I have squirrels in my backyard and moose, deer and bears have wandered down my city street.

People canoe, kayak, hike, camp, fish, hunt (yuck), pan for gold, geocache, quad, snowboard, sled, etc. Basically, that's real adventure. You have to go outside to explore FFS.

That room reflects nothing but cultural ignorance. It's disgusting.

Most 2 year olds don't want new furniture. They are attached to the furniture they have. If he didn't have a complete shit fit after they changed all his stuff, then I would be concerned.

Plus that room feels cold and sterile. Know what the theme should be? A 2 year old lives here!

We just moved out oldest to a new room because of the baby. We let him keep all his furniture and bought new for the baby because HE wanted to keep it. We bought him a new chair because he didn't need a rocker anymore. He picked all the stuff in his room, and it's still trendy and cute, but still very 8 year old boy. Is a mix of Dr Who and Nightmare Before Christmas. The theme is "Geeked Out 8 Yr Old".

az2639
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by az2639 »

Amelia322 wrote:COME ON THEY IN NO WAY designed this! We know they have no style look at his last 3 nurseries !!! They had no style look at their living space havaha!! They totally hired someone!!! I can bet on that lol
I don't know, I have a feeling Bryan actually put this together. He seemed really excited about it, which is probably why HE did the tour and not Pissy. Because she had nothing to do with it, she could care less. But I guess I wouldn't put it past them. You never know with these two.

ashley0120
Talker
Talker

Daily Bums- DailyDetachedParenting Part 32

Unread post by ashley0120 »

Am I hearing things or did Bryan say "Bitch"? Does he know that more than half of the viewers are kids right?

EDIT: Nevermind he was just repeating what Oliver said, he was trying to say chip

Last edited by ashley0120 on Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Amelia322 wrote:COME ON THEY IN NO WAY designed this! We know they have no style look at his last 3 nurseries !!! They had no style look at their living space havaha!! They totally hired someone!!! I can bet on that lol
No, they didn't. http://fantabulosity.com/home-tour-part ... decor-boy/

Bryan ordered all the stuff and put it up. That's why he did the tour. Missy did literally NOTHING. I still think the idea is awful. Know what would have been cute? They could have kept her "Woodland" theme and added a tent, canoe, the moose, pictures etc. Then it would have been a real camping/adventure theme.

Maybe make a visit to an outdoor store and have a look around for inspiration :?
Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

az2639 wrote:
I don't know, I have a feeling Bryan actually put this together. He seemed really excited about it, which is probably why HE did the tour and not Pissy. Because she had nothing to do with it, she could care less. But I guess I wouldn't put it past them. You never know with these two.

hahaha! True maybe!! But he couldn't even mention where he bought everything! And couldn't even explain what things were! That's what through me off! Maybe Bryan has more style than we think but what happened the past three nurseries? Wish he could redesign their living area lol
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Sorry, I just have to add. The real reason they needed to change the furniture in Ollie's room was because if they didn't it would look EXACTLY like the room in the picture I linked above.

They needed new furniture so it would at least be a bit different. A... bit.
az2639
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by az2639 »

And Ollie seems to still be very attached to Toy Story, he carries those little toys everywhere! How much would he have LOVED a Toy Story themes room! Plus they have all the characters they bought for his birthday!!! Where are those now by the way????

But according to princess, Ollie is over Toy Story...does she know her child at all?

Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie1 wrote:
No, they didn't. http://fantabulosity.com/home-tour-part ... decor-boy/

Bryan ordered all the stuff and put it up. That's why he did the tour. Missy did literally NOTHING. I still think the idea is awful. Know what would have been cute? They could have kept her "Woodland" theme and added a tent, canoe, the moose, pictures etc. Then it would have been a real camping/adventure theme.

Maybe make a visit to an outdoor store and have a look around for inspiration :?
it still looks like someone put it all together they have no idea how to group things properly look at their house. But his room looks too nice why isn't other parts of the house this well put together?? Lol I have yet to still all that decor they bought at target put up its still in his office somewhere.
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

It does look like Bryan copied that link she posted, almost to a T.

az2639
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by az2639 »

HelloSweetie1 wrote:Sorry, I just have to add. The real reason they needed to change the furniture in Ollie's room was because if they didn't it would look EXACTLY like the room in the picture I linked above.

They needed new furniture so it would at least be a bit different. A... bit.
Oh WOW!!! That is THE EXACT SAME ROOM!!! Smh. No creativity whatsoever!

kittypurry
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by kittypurry »

Didn't they say they gave one of the hover boards to Cassie, as the reason why they bought two? Both of them seem to be permanently at their house...I'm guessing Missy wanted one :/

Return to “Daily Bumps”