Are these people still religious?

dsankey4
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Are these people still religious?

Unread post by dsankey4 »

I haven't watched DB in a while because I just got sick of Missy's lisp, hearing Bryan sing his lame music and their fake humble-ness. "We're really down to earth. We want to give our kids real life experiences." Because you know, attending movie premieres and going on $20,000 vacations just because are truly experiences held by the working class American.

But anyway, I remember when they were just beginning they would "thank the lord" and talk about God frequently but I've noticed less of that. Despite not being religious myself, I'm not against religion, and I feel people can put their faith in whatever they want, but I always wondered with these people if they still pray before meals and go to church every Sunday. Or what their opinion on gay marriage is.
TChristine
Talker
Talker

Re: Are these people still religious?

Unread post by TChristine »

I've been watching for a couple of years and I think I've heard them mention going to church once (aside from the recent time Bryan took Ollie and vlogged during the service) and I believe it was for a holiday. Very unfortunate in my opinion... If they are religious it doesn't seem to be a part of their lives (which to me, would mean they aren't). If they really cared about it at all they could and should be using their platform to share it and change lives. It wouldn't even need to be a big deal-just something they could mention once in awhile. Instead we get multiple pool montages and going out to eat vlogs....Guess Jesus isn't "epic" enough to vlog about.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

They're only religious when it benefits them. Bryan performing at a church, the Water of Life fundraisers every holiday season, etc.
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
dsankey4
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by dsankey4 »

So they've become convenient Christians then?? That's what happens when your ego takes over.
tgo93
Talker
Talker

Unread post by tgo93 »

TChristine wrote:I've been watching for a couple of years and I think I've heard them mention going to church once (aside from the recent time Bryan took Ollie and vlogged during the service) and I believe it was for a holiday. Very unfortunate in my opinion... If they are religious it doesn't seem to be a part of their lives (which to me, would mean they aren't). If they really cared about it at all they could and should be using their platform to share it and change lives. It wouldn't even need to be a big deal-just something they could mention once in awhile. Instead we get multiple pool montages and going out to eat vlogs....Guess Jesus isn't "epic" enough to vlog about.

Tbf while I don't care if they are religious and follow their religion "using their platform to share it and change lives" sounds really preachy and I think essentially trying to convert people would lose them a decent amount of viewers, especially those from other countries where religion might not be as prevalent
TChristine
Talker
Talker

Unread post by TChristine »

tgo93 wrote:
TChristine wrote:I've been watching for a couple of years and I think I've heard them mention going to church once (aside from the recent time Bryan took Ollie and vlogged during the service) and I believe it was for a holiday. Very unfortunate in my opinion... If they are religious it doesn't seem to be a part of their lives (which to me, would mean they aren't). If they really cared about it at all they could and should be using their platform to share it and change lives. It wouldn't even need to be a big deal-just something they could mention once in awhile. Instead we get multiple pool montages and going out to eat vlogs....Guess Jesus isn't "epic" enough to vlog about.

Tbf while I don't care if they are religious and follow their religion "using their platform to share it and change lives" sounds really preachy and I think essentially trying to convert people would lose them a decent amount of viewers, especially those from other countries where religion might not be as prevalent
I see what you mean, they certainly could turn off many viewers depending on how they would approach it. I'm not suggesting they should push their faith on people....I just mean if they were truly Christians they could just say things like "we feel very grateful God has given us this opportunity to do Youtube" or comments like that once in awhile.

I said the "changing lives" thing in regard to their interview at vidcon when Bryan said their videos were really "changing people's lives". If they were Christians and really wanted to change people's lives they could be open and honest about what they believe. I think you can make your faith known without being preachy about it.

But it really doesn't seem like faith is an important part of their lives if a part at all.

mommycrunch
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by mommycrunch »

They follow the faith "bryanology"
It's not what Bryan can do for you, it's what you can do for Bryan!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Romeoxsavexme
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Romeoxsavexme »

TChristine wrote:
tgo93 wrote:

I see what you mean, they certainly could turn off many viewers depending on how they would approach it. I'm not suggesting they should push their faith on people....I just mean if they were truly Christians they could just say things like "we feel very grateful God has given us this opportunity to do Youtube" or comments like that once in awhile.

I said the "changing lives" thing in regard to their interview at vidcon when Bryan said their videos were really "changing people's lives". If they were Christians and really wanted to change people's lives they could be open and honest about what they believe. I think you can make your faith known without being preachy about it.

But it really doesn't seem like faith is an important part of their lives if a part at all.

I strongly disagree. There are many bigger youtubers who talk about religion on a daily basis and still have a large following.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Daily Bumps”