Name loves/loathes

blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Name loves/loathes

Unread post by blackbetty »

We started getting off topic on another thread so I figured we could start a thread for us name lovers, pregos, and compulsive planners to talk names!

Putting my kiddos to bed so I will come back with a list later! My personal style leans more towards classic/timeless names.
#FreeBen
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: Name loves/loathes

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

We have a J-name tradition on my side of the family, but I can't think of a girl J name that would mesh well with our last name (starts with an N sound but not the letter N, so no Jordan or Jillian or anything) to save my life. We do have a boy name (starting with a J) set in stone, but I think we may have to break tradition for the girls. Hubby likes names like "Amanda Elizabeth (our last name)" but I'm not fond of Amanda, and a friend took my favorite baby girl name (granted she didn't know it was my favorite lol...Olivia) so I feel like I can't use it now.

Granted, we won't be actually trying until June, but we're going the way of natural family planning now that we're married...which means for the next 10+ days, no sex. Damn being fertile and not wanting to be heavily pregnant in the summer LMAO
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
TaylorKnows

Unread post by TaylorKnows »

I'm way off from having kids, but I have my boy names picked out, first&middle: Gabriel Mason, Sebastian Robert and Logan Andrew. I only have one firm girl name really, Leila. I want to name her Leila Marie because Marie is my best friend (pretty much my sister)'s middle name. I always said I would use her name (Amanda, funny you mentioned it Jodi lol), but Leila Amanda doesn't sound right. The only issue is, her middle name is from her grandma who she was close to before she passed. I never knew the grandma, so I don't know if that's overstepping. I would always say my daughter's middlename was from her godmother but her godmother would have gotten it from her grandmother...sounds silly I know lol.

Can I just say one trend I don't like? When names have 2 initials in a row, but the other is different. For example...
NJJ
or JJV.

I don't know why, it just gets on my nerves lol.
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by fossilfinger »

I'm really tired of any name that rhymes with Aidan for a boy, like Hayden, Caden, Jaden, Brayden, etc.

And the newish trend of slapping "en" or "yn" at the end of some random consonant sounds and calling it a "name." I see some really weird ones, like Oswyn, Cashlyn...what?!?
blueyellowpink
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by blueyellowpink »

I can honestly say I am obsessed with the names Harper, Everly and Elizabeth "Beth" for girls. Those are all extremely popular right now, so hopefully when I'm ready to have kids they're out of season.
Kayliecoburn
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kayliecoburn »

Basil Alexander for a boy
Natalie Michelle for a girl.

It's already planned lol!
thelovepug
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by thelovepug »

I know I won't be pregnant for awhile, but my boyfriend and I pretty much have our future children's names picked out.
We decided for sure on Stellan Thomas or Mason Michael for a boy. Stellan in the masculine version of the name Stella, and I love that name, and Thomas after my dad. My boyfriend's name is Stefan, and Stefan and Stellan sound good together without sounding too similar, in my opinion. Mason is a name that we just both like, and Michael after our best friend and my brother.
For a girl, Stella Rose if we have a girl first. We also both like the name Stuart for a girl. Even though it's a "boy" name, I've actually heard of a few girls named Stuart. We both fell in love with the name. Our families all love the name too, and always say that her nickname will be Stu or Stuie. Stuart is a name that either you love or you hate, and we love it.
I generally don't like names with unnecessary "y's" thrown in, like Abygale and Trynity. It looks overdone and tacky to me. Also, I used to be obsessed with adding an "en" onto names, like Masen and Landen (Hi Jess lol). But I don't know what I was thinking now. Not a fan.
Shameless
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Shameless »

I won't be having kids any time soon but I have a few names that I like.

For boys I really like the names Spencer (probably will actually use this one day), Rory (also might actually use) and Jasper (unfortunately ruined by Twilight).

For girls I really do like the name Emilia but theSacconeJolys have ruined that name for me.

I am so fussy when it comes to names. I hate untraditional spelling and I especially hate 'keyboard mash' type names. Also I hate it if two names within a family or within the name itself have the same starting letter or sound, also I hate it if the names rhyme.
BaileyBoo12
Informer
Informer

Unread post by BaileyBoo12 »

@jodilo88
What about Juliette, Jovie, Josie, Jessa, Julia, Juneau, Jemma, Jodi, or Joelle?

I have currently TTC and I have so many girl names that I love, but only one boy name! My favorite girl names are Isla, Avia, & Penelope and the boy name I like is Callum.
AuntieToABabyBoy:)
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by AuntieToABabyBoy:) »

I have so many baby names that I adore :( but for a boy I love Josiah Amir and for a girl I am looking for something similar to Gloria to honor my deceased grandmother but all I found was Gianna which I sort of like.
Being a auntie is the best gift in the world and when I become a mother my life would be perfect <3 :)
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

BaileyBoo12 wrote:@jodilo88
What about Juliette, Jovie, Josie, Jessa, Julia, Juneau, Jemma, Jodi, or Joelle?

I have currently TTC and I have so many girl names that I love, but only one boy name! My favorite girl names are Isla, Avia, & Penelope and the boy name I like is Callum.
I considered Juliette, and (I know you don't have this one listed but I love it) Janelle...but I've also seen Janelle spelled "Jennel" which I also love. The others...eh. And we just got a Jemma back in February from my aunt. Thanks for the suggestions though, at least I have a couple to consider. :)
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
blueyellowpink
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by blueyellowpink »

Why are boy names sooooo hard to pick out? I have no problem with girls, just boys.
whatsername_

Unread post by whatsername_ »

Girl names I love:
Olivia/Olive, Brielle, June, Dakota, Amelia, Abigail, Claire, Coverly, Quinn, Copeland, Lydia, and Noel.

Boys names I love:
Benjamin, Dakota, Copeland, Quinn, Oliver, Thomas, Sawyer, Nathaniel, and Cooper.

I don't really have any names I dislike. As much as I love some of my names, they won't work.
Claire is one if them and it rhymes with our last name, we couldn't be that cruel to our child, lol.

I do have a guilty pleasure middle name, and Caleb and I decided we would actually use it.
It's Danger.
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

blueyellowpink wrote:Why are boy names sooooo hard to pick out? I have no problem with girls, just boys.
Its the opposite with me lol I have so many girl names that I love and a couple of boy names to suchas Josiah, Elijah, Gabriel, Preston, Noah, Jordan etc. I used to love Aiden but it got too popular :(
Being a auntie is the best gift in the world and when I become a mother my life would be perfect <3 :)
pghmom
Talker
Talker

Unread post by pghmom »

whatsername_ wrote:Girl names I love:
Olivia/Olive, Brielle, June, Dakota, Amelia, Abigail, Claire, Coverly, Quinn, Copeland, Lydia, and Noel.

Boys names I love:
Benjamin, Dakota, Copeland, Quinn, Oliver, Thomas, Sawyer, Nathaniel, and Cooper.

I don't really have any names I dislike. As much as I love some of my names, they won't work.
Claire is one if them and it rhymes with our last name, we couldn't be that cruel to our child, lol.

I do have a guilty pleasure middle name, and Caleb and I decided we would actually use it.
It's Danger.
Benjamin danger smith. I don't know your last name obviously so I used smith :p but man that sounds.... Badass. Hahaha. That's actually a cute middle name though. Copelands a really cute and unique name, Ive never heard it before but its pretty cute :)
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Better than pilot inspektor and north west :D I actually like it
pghmom
Talker
Talker

Unread post by pghmom »

I wasn't being sarcastic btw, I really like it! Idk if that came off sarcastic but I really like danger as a middle name and think Copeland adorable. North west, that poor girl, good thing she's rich. Lol
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Yes poor baby she's such a doll I just wish they would've named her Nori but its their child :)
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

*she's
whatsername_

Unread post by whatsername_ »

Thanks y'all. :)

All that matters is that we like it!
I think it'd be awesome to say,
"don't worry... Danger is my middle name." ;)
Hahaha!

Return to “Offtopic Miscellaneous”