Crochet Dilemma

Greys Encyclopedia
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Crochet Dilemma

Unread post by Greys Encyclopedia »

Sooo, I am making this granny square blanket for my dad. I found a super simple pattern that I like. I'm doing the 2 colors of his favorite NFL team. I just realized that it's going to be SQUARE and not rectangular. I thought about it and I think I could keep going square until it's wide enough and then add more rows onto the ends to make it a rectangle, then do 1 more round around the whole thing at the end.

My concern is will it look okay. Has anyone ever done this before?? I think it might look fine since it is only 2 colors rather than 3+ but idkkk, halp me please!!Image Image

Pattern:
usernamessuck
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Crochet Dilemma

Unread post by usernamessuck »

Honestly, my crochet skills are pretty basic, but I think that would look fine and might actually work.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Greys Encyclopedia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Mine are too lol. Just started a couple months ago. I think it'll turn out okay, hopefully.

Either way, I have learned my lesson
gemini_gurlnz
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by gemini_gurlnz »

How far into it are you? To make a rectangle 2 (opposite) sides need to have more stitches. Otherwise your idea sounds absolutely fine.
Greys Encyclopedia
Gossiper
Gossiper

gemini_gurlnz wrote:How far into it are you? To make a rectangle 2 (opposite) sides need to have more stitches. Otherwise your idea sounds absolutely fine.
I'm a good ways in, too far to restart. I think I have what I'm going to do figured out. I think I'm going to do actual granny squares and sew them on the ends. I realized if I just add to the ends the pattern messes up. The patterns forms an X across the whole thing.

Return to “Offtopic Miscellaneous”