Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Acacia Brinley

Unread post by Sweetiebee »

TuffTalk wrote:
Sweetiebee wrote:
Mads07 wrote:I guess I do somewhat understand her reasoning behind not getting much for Rosie, but her attitude about it is what’s weird. As my mom would say, “It’s not what you say, it’s how you say it.” She just sounds like it’s not even worth her time or money to bother shopping for Rosie. The toys she did get were pretty cute, though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Right. She should have said we're trying to save money this year, so we are holding off on buying rosie anything until she really knows any different. Easy.
guys Rosie is a newborn and she’s blind what do you want from them?? You can trash her on anything, but a Newborn that’s blind come on!

What are you talking about?
Mads07
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Mads07 »

I don’t think it’s fair to immediately say she’s blind. I think Acacia would mention if she had sight issues down the road but for now it’s just speculation. Anyway, I was just talking about her tone of voice when she spoke about it. I hope they enjoy their Christmas and the girls have fun.

alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by alym0326 »

TuffTalk wrote:
Sweetiebee wrote:
Mads07 wrote:I guess I do somewhat understand her reasoning behind not getting much for Rosie, but her attitude about it is what’s weird. As my mom would say, “It’s not what you say, it’s how you say it.” She just sounds like it’s not even worth her time or money to bother shopping for Rosie. The toys she did get were pretty cute, though!

Right. She should have said we're trying to save money this year, so we are holding off on buying rosie anything until she really knows any different. Easy.
guys Rosie is a newborn and she’s blind what do you want from them?? You can trash her on anything, but a Newborn that’s blind come on!

I have a 3 month old baby, I got her clothes for the next size up, some developmental appropriate toys and teething toys. Plus Rosie isn’t blind as far as we know.

Senna85
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Senna85 »

Nobody said she was definitely blind but eye spasms and general non reaction is NOT normal. We just speculate, isn’t this what the board is for. No one is trashing her, we are just wondering if it’s something she may address in the future. I personally hope it’s just because she tiny and maybe she will catch up eventually, but I do doubt that
Sweetiebee
Gossiper
Gossiper

80085 wrote:
Sweetiebee wrote:Im so glad my kids are older because I'm really not loving the "dress my kids like we're still in the great depression" style.
Watch. YouTubers will start shilling literal potato sacks at low low prices of $130 soon. "But it's amazing quality!! So cyyuuuuuteeeee"
Or worse, burlap diapers. "Your baby will be massively uncomfortable but at least your little angel will look totally farmhouse chic in your instagram posts, which is the most important thing obviously!"

Lmao! Yep! They're all trying to be insta-worthy and unique, yet they all do everything exactly alike. Potato sacks... adorned with unfinished wooden buttons... sewn on with twine.
warmhearted
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by warmhearted »

On the present thing — I can understand why she wouldn't want to buy a load of things for the baby, but it doesn't hurt to buy a few little toys for her, especially as she grows in the next few months. A little ornament and some learning toys would work quite well, and there are some inexpensive options if she's looking to save money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
nineteenninety3

Unread post by nineteenninety3 »

warmhearted wrote:On the present thing — I can understand why she wouldn't want to buy a load of things for the baby, but it doesn't hurt to buy a few little toys for her, especially as she grows in the next few months. A little ornament and some learning toys would work quite well, and there are some inexpensive options if she's looking to save money.

I agree. Plus it isn't like Rosie is just fresh out last week, she's coming to an age where she will look for stuff to grab at and interact with. Even if she is blind, she still needs stimulation, some sensory toys would have been a great idea. But I suppose that doesn't fit with the beige aesthetic.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

nineteenninety3 wrote:
warmhearted wrote:On the present thing — I can understand why she wouldn't want to buy a load of things for the baby, but it doesn't hurt to buy a few little toys for her, especially as she grows in the next few months. A little ornament and some learning toys would work quite well, and there are some inexpensive options if she's looking to save money.

I agree. Plus it isn't like Rosie is just fresh out last week, she's coming to an age where she will look for stuff to grab at and interact with. Even if she is blind, she still needs stimulation, some sensory toys would have been a great idea. But I suppose that doesn't fit with the beige aesthetic.

After reading here, I thought she got her literally nothing. Rosie got a crinkle book, a cat stuffed animal, and a puzzle made with letters of her name (which I know she can’t use but that’s a very nice gift and she can’t use an ornament either). I guess Acacia’s comments were sort of flippant and a couple more little toys wouldn’t have hurt but it’s not like she didn’t get her anything. Brinley is still pretty small, maybe they have a lot leftover and don’t need to rebuy a bunch of new baby toys for a baby who they may be very well aware won’t play with them for many months.

nineteenninety3

Unread post by nineteenninety3 »

So I just found out that they got together when she was 17 and he was 24? Does that creep anyone else out?

Brittanymariex3
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Brittanymariex3 »

nineteenninety3 wrote:So I just found out that they got together when she was 17 and he was 24? Does that creep anyone else out?

I think he was 22-23, he's 6 years older than her. It was also like 3 months before her 28th birthday. I'm only defending her because i met my fiancee similarly. 3 months before my 18th and he was 22. I was in college already though so i guess it was different.
Sweetiebee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Does anyone remember that kids show called Imagination Movers? Remember uncle Knit-knocks.. the one whose entire life was beige? Everything he wore was beige. His whole office was beige. That's who I think of every time I see Acacia's pics and videos.
lynnd
Informer
Informer

Unread post by lynnd »

Sweetiebee wrote:Does anyone remember that kids show called Imagination Movers? Remember uncle Knit-knocks.. the one whose entire life was beige? Everything he wore was beige. His whole office was beige. That's who I think of every time I see Acacia's pics and videos.
LOL!!!!
kirsti13
Talker
Talker

Unread post by kirsti13 »

Lmao. “Colorful life” you mean drab brown life Image[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201901 ... 150504.jpg[/img]

Sweetiebee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Beige, brown, tan, taupe, sand, coffee, dirt, and a hint of peach.
remre1017
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by remre1017 »

Okay so I just watched one of her videos for the first time today. Her posture is awful.
And why does it bother me that she makes her kids eat vegan/vegetarian. (Again this is the only video I’ve seen - what we eat in a day - so if their kids do eat meat sorry I didn’t know lmao) I think kids should be able to chose to be vegetarian when they get older. Idk that’s just my opinion.

vonniebeth
Gossiper
Gossiper
Discord name: vonniebeth

Unread post by vonniebeth »

I watch Acacia on and off, but her "Dear Jairus," video showed up in my recommended. I couldn't watch more than one minute of it. When I first saw the title, I thought maybe something bad happened (God forbid!). Turns out, it was just a compilation of A&J clips and a cheesy letter to celebrate Valentine's Day (which I honestly forgot was tomorrow, since my boyfriend and I celebrated that with our anniversary, since they're so close together).
"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."

RIP Seamus, the goodest good boy :love2: 11.08.06-12.08.19
dnbunny
Informer
Informer

Unread post by dnbunny »

mem3896 wrote:Okay so I just watched one of her videos for the first time today. Her posture is awful.
And why does it bother me that she makes her kids eat vegan/vegetarian. (Again this is the only video I’ve seen - what we eat in a day - so if their kids do eat meat sorry I didn’t know lmao) I think kids should be able to chose to be vegetarian when they get older. Idk that’s just my opinion.

What? This doesn’t make sense. Lol she makes them eat that way bc she’s conscious of animal cruelty. You teach your kids YOUR values don’t you? Not even vegan, but your comment is misguided lol. Her kids eating vegan or vegeterian doesn’t hurt you or the planet, does the opposite actually lol.

josiejosiejosie
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by josiejosiejosie »

[IMG]h ttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190223/2d1f24265bfac59d8cd37956bcae52b1.jpg[/IMGb]

I cant believe she admitted it! I just hope she’s not one of those people who infantilizes their special needs child as Rosie gets older.

ilovelamp
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ilovelamp »

dnbunny wrote:
mem3896 wrote:Okay so I just watched one of her videos for the first time today. Her posture is awful.

What? This doesn’t make sense. Lol she makes them eat that way bc she’s conscious of animal cruelty. You teach your kids YOUR values don’t you? Not even vegan, but your comment is misguided lol. Her kids eating vegan or vegeterian doesn’t hurt you or the planet, does the opposite actually lol.

Maybe she believes they should be able to choose to eat meat or not...doesn't that make more sense??

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Unread post by Guest »

ilovelamp wrote:
dnbunny wrote:

Maybe she believes they should be able to choose to eat meat or not...doesn't that make more sense??

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Not really, it's a parents job to impart values onto their kids. For example, normal people dont judge parents for taking their kids to church, the thought is when kids grow they can make religious decisions for themselves, but when they're little its natural they'll share their parents values /religion.

It's the same with diet, most parents serve their kids similar food to what they're eating. If parents dont eat meat, why would they buy it for their kids and make an entirely separate meal? Especially since most vegetarians are vegetarian because the love animals / believe the meat industry is inhumane and would want their kids to have the same compassionate views.

Itd be different if vegetarianism wasnt healthy, but kids can get everything they need from a vegetarian diet.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Return to “A-H”