Acacia Brinley

Sweetiebee
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Acacia Brinley

Unread post by Sweetiebee »

Does the baby seem kind of blind to anyone else?
spacekitty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by spacekitty »

Sweetiebee wrote:Does the baby seem kind of blind to anyone else?
Yeah, she doesn’t react much at all. Her eyes seem black too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

I think she might be too. She doesn’t seem to react to anything, she stares into space and she doesn’t focus on anything or follow people with her eyes or anything. I don’t care what Acacia says, there is something wrong with rosemary and I think it’s really sad that Acacia seems to be in denial about it. Rosemary should be cooing, grabbing toys, trying to roll (or even rolling), looking around following people with her eyes. She doesn’t seem to be doing any of those things.

Sweetiebee
Gossiper
Gossiper

I was happy to see rosemary giggling in an instagram post recently. Still though, she wasn't really looking at anything. I say the following in no way making fun, but she just doesn't look "normal". Her features are similar to several genetic disorders. I wonder if they've found anything else out yet.
yeahwhatewer
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by yeahwhatewer »

I thought she was blind too. Babies don't really do much but Rosemary should be like 2-3 months by now and in comparison to other babies, she should be semi responsive right? I mean babies don't see much anyways but there's normally some sort of response. That's typically the time when they start noticing their hands and looking up, being able to focus on an object.

I also find if strange that the pigment in her eyes haven't changed yet.

Personally I don't think Acacia wants a diagnosis because it makes it real but from an outsiders perspective Rosemary doesn't physically look like a normal baby and its not because of she's small.
Senna85
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Senna85 »

Wait, I just found this chick. O.m.g, I didn’t realize her baby is over two months old now. I thought she was born very recently. Yeah, no way she didn’t have something wrong. She doesn’t respond AT ALL. I hope she’s just a low key baby and there’s truly nothing major wrong :(
herebcofbritney
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by herebcofbritney »

Something I haven’t seen mentioned was Rosie was born a little earlier than normal and she was like 4 lbs at birth. She will be behind. So you may have to look at the milestones for preemies and her adjusted age or whatever. I’m not sure I’ve never had a preemie and my son hit milestones on time all the time. So maybe Rosie isn’t doing too bad after all, but I can’t say for sure because she was born earlier than she should have been so that can change things as well as her missing corpus collosum I’m sure that has a big part of it along with the chromosome deletion and duplication.

Mookiel
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Mookiel »

Rosemary was NOT a preemie. She was born at 37 weeks.

staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

herebcofbritney wrote:Something I haven’t seen mentioned was Rosie was born a little earlier than normal and she was like 4 lbs at birth. She will be behind. So you may have to look at the milestones for preemies and her adjusted age or whatever. I’m not sure I’ve never had a preemie and my son hit milestones on time all the time. So maybe Rosie isn’t doing too bad after all, but I can’t say for sure because she was born earlier than she should have been so that can change things as well as her missing corpus collosum I’m sure that has a big part of it along with the chromosome deletion and duplication.

My daughter was 7 weeks preemie and was 4pd 9oz at birth, so similar to Rosie. She was behind in her major milestones, she sat up at 9 months (7 and a half months adjusted age), she army crawled at 9 and a half months and didn’t crawl on her knees until 12 months (so 10 and a half months adjusted) and she didn’t walk until almost 18 months old (16 months adjusted age) but at 3-4 months old she was still alert and following people with her eyes and grabbing at toys, cooing, trying to roll over, laughing, sucking on her hands etc.
Rosie is like this stiff almost lifeless little doll. And it’s really sad because there is so obviously something not quite right with her and Acacia seems to be in total denial about it and that’s not going to help Rosie at all in the long term.

Sweetiebee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Yea I don't think she was a preemie. Although acacia barely looked pregnant at delivery. Maybe IUGR or even a type of dwarfism?
yeahwhatewer
Amateur
Amateur

That's true. I didn't think of that, she could be hitting milestones slower. Personally I don't think they'll get a diagnosis until she's walking/talking age. Especially if it's brain stuff and behavior.

I will say this: it's great Acacia gets to be home with her all day. She might be denial about a diagnosis but I have no doubt they'll get Rosie the help she needs once they get a diagnosis.

She's probably just the "one day" at a time approach and enjoying her baby. Unless there's something seriously wrong with Rosie that would require surgery, there's nothing they can really do at this age but treat her like any other baby. Whatever she has probably won't make a huge appearance until she's Binleys age or starts being social
yeahwhatewer
Amateur
Amateur

Acacia tweeted about people self diagnosing Rosie. I get why she's annoyed but there's so many disorders and syndromes, people are just being helpful and she should grow a thicker skin.
Maeve
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Maeve »

Yes, I think she is either blind or at least heavily impaired, she never fixates her eyes and at 3 months she should be already. Also her irises are very hard to see. The fact that she cries as soon as she’s no longer held is also an indicator. Poor thing. Acacia seems totally deluded.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
lilspooky
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lilspooky »

Maeve wrote:
Yes, I think she is either blind or at least heavily impaired, she never fixates her eyes and at 3 months she should be already. Also her irises are very hard to see. The fact that she cries as soon as she’s no longer held is also an indicator. Poor thing. Acacia seems totally deluded.

Well some babies are just needy. I have a 7 mo who is functionally normal and developmentally more like a 9 mo old... but he’s needy as heck. I can’t set him down and go out of sight or he cries and cries like I just dropped him down the stairs or something.

Not dismissing how abnormal Rosie seems because I completely agree that she’s got something going wrong, but I don’t think that’s an indicator of it so much as her lack of reactivity to stimuli, lack of developmental progress, lack of weight gain (no matter how many goddamn times Acacia says she’s ‘getting chunky’ Image) , lack of tracking with her eyes, etc.
nineteenninety3

Unread post by nineteenninety3 »

lilspooky wrote:
Maeve wrote:

Well some babies are just needy. I have a 7 mo who is functionally normal and developmentally more like a 9 mo old... but he’s needy as heck. I can’t set him down and go out of sight or he cries and cries like I just dropped him down the stairs or something.

Not dismissing how abnormal Rosie seems because I completely agree that she’s got something going wrong, but I don’t think that’s an indicator of it so much as her lack of reactivity to stimuli, lack of developmental progress, lack of weight gain (no matter how many goddamn times Acacia says she’s ‘getting chunky’ Image) , lack of tracking with her eyes, etc.
True, however when you combine it with all the other "signs" too, it's definitely an indicator. Poor little bub, I hope they are having some medical investigation done bad just not talking about it, she cant live in denial forever

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk
lilspooky
Talker
Talker

what’s up with her weird obsession with calling herself and her kids elves? it’s so weird??? and cringe!!?? but i’ve always found her obsession with being thin and lanky weird as hell. so.
lilspooky
Talker
Talker

Acacia Brinley

also supposedly the ‘best doctors in the state’ are ‘looking over rosie’ according to a now deleted tweet acacia made.

someone on reddit had a good point that acacia may be right when she says Rosie is healthy. in the same way a baby with down syndrome can be *otherwise* healthy. that is to say, a baby with Downs will never be ‘healthy’ in the way we call a newborn baby without any abnormalities ‘healthy’ but they could be healthy ASIDE from the chromosomal abnormality
Classie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Classie »

I came on this thread to ask about if something was wrong with Rosemary as I don't follow them very much, and obviously I have the same thoughts as everyone else here. She's just very odd looking and seems sooooooo tiny and lifeless.
chloe6124
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Acacia Brinley

Unread post by chloe6124 »

I just watched her update. I don’t think she is in denial. It seems they are still working to find out what is wrong. There is defiantly something wrong. I am thinking dwarfism also.

Can I ask how old Acacia is?

Mads07
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Mads07 »

chloe6124 wrote:I just watched her update. I don’t think she is in denial. It seems they are still working to find out what is wrong. There is defiantly something wrong. I am thinking dwarfism also.

Can I ask how old Acacia is?

She turned 21 a few weeks ago

Return to “A-H”