GiGi&me New Teen mom vlogger

nugget12
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

GiGi&me New Teen mom vlogger

Unread post by nugget12 »

I just came across this channel. Her name is Olivia and her baby is named Gracelyn "GiGi". She seems to be the most well adjusted, mature and educated about parenting teen mother I have found on youtube. Her baby has some health issues but she seems to be doing really well. Olivia is big into breastfeeding, making her own baby food and seems to very well adjusted to parenting at a young age. Her videos are very entertaining and she seems to be good at editing and making them flow nicely. I have to say I am impressed. Gigi is adorable and a very happy baby. I just watched a bunch of her videos and found myself not getting annoyed by anything like I used to with bloggers like Britney and Jess. Has anyone else found her videos? Your thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC87XtY ... Pa-cadPuYg
elezotte
Wallflower
Wallflower

Re: GiGi&me New Teen mom vlogger

Unread post by elezotte »

She's probably my favorite yt mom currently. I agree with you, I haven't been annoyed by anything in her videos, and when a new one comes up she's always on my must watch list. Seems like she has a really great family too and is very dedicated!
PissedOutDQ
Informer
Informer

Unread post by PissedOutDQ »

Just chiming in. I enjoy her channel too. I forget how I even found her channel. She seems well-adjusted and responsible. Has her priorities straight unlike some of these yt moms.
Maxxinsta96
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Maxxinsta96 »

She must make a lot of money from her job. She spends like crazy but she’s very honest. I like how she’s always thanking her subscribers. I think she has a great body! I am curious and would love to see how the Gigi’s dad looks just to compare looks. I love how private she is about it. Seems mature for her age.
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

Maxxinsta96 wrote:She must make a lot of money from her job. She spends like crazy but she’s very honest. I like how she’s always thanking her subscribers. I think she has a great body! I am curious and would love to see how the Gigi’s dad looks just to compare looks. I love how private she is about it. Seems mature for her age.
Yeah I’ve noticed she spends a lot too. But she does seem pretty smart with her money. Lives off her job income and Youtube money is basically for saving and for spending, which I think is smart. Her apartment is tiny and I don’t think her bills would be very high so I’m sure her income from her job covers that easily. She seems to be a hard worker which I respect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BobbiB6606
Informer
Informer

Unread post by BobbiB6606 »

I'm honestly a little confused at how she makes so much at work. I followed her back on her old Snapchat where she'd often Snapchat in her uniform. She only works part-time and it's at a retail store (maybe I should apply there haha), but I also think the only thing she really splurges on is their room makeovers. She shops at discount grocery stores, a lot of Gigi's clothes are from the previous year's clearance and then most of her impulse buys are on some sort of sale.

My biggest issue with her uppity attitude. Like I said, she usually shops at discount stores and tends to be pretty frugal and overall low-maintenance girl, but on the flip side, she'll pout about having to go in a Walmart or practically claim to be too good for her apartment. You'll often see her judge an area or turn her nose up at the idea of going into the city. I don't know how many times I've heard this girl refer to an area or store as "ratchet or ghetto." I've been side eyeing her since the time I saw her lock her doors and avoid leaving her car because she saw a guy looking at her in "slightly ghetto part of town", but her rant in one of recent videos where she talks about moving really rubbed me the wrong way. It's so disappointing because I completely agree that she's seems super mature and level-headed compared to other Youtubers.
Maxxinsta96
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Yes it is a bit rude calling places ratchet and etc. she basically said that only poor or low income people live in her apartment. To me it’s crazy how cheap Ohio is!! I remember Anthony Bourdain (RIP) talking about the drug use there? Maybe that’s why it’a cheap. I’m assuming since she’s a part time manager she’s hourly vs salary? Yes she is smart for shopping at Aldi I shop there as well. I’m very curious about all her siblings do they all have the same dad? Why does she avoid talking about family? I guess I’m just used to youtubers having all their business out there lol. Yeah I know where she works, irs crazy they pay so well for such a small store where I feel like there wouldn’t be that much to stock and do. I like her a LOT more than Abby. Abby just annoys me. (Life as a mommy)
PissedOutDQ
Informer
Informer

Unread post by PissedOutDQ »

Her dad is a sheriff I believe. Definitely atleast a police officer. You can see the squad car in one of her videos. So I'm sure he wants to keep his privacy due to work.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Maxxinsta96
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

I do think it’s good she’s private about certain things you don’t see that much anymore. I would love to see a video on her pregnancy with Gigi but obviously it’s a touchy subject for her so I respect that. She’s very lucky and you can tell she’s grateful she has her parents support and that she doesn’t have to get a sitter. It’s crazy how alike they all look. I’m not sure if the oldest sister kaylee; has the same father.
Maxxinsta96
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Yet again complaining about Walmart and aldi. Since she’s sooo loaded she just needs to shop somewhere else. Why keep complaining. I like her but lately her better than you attuitude is annoying me.
BobbiB6606
Informer
Informer

Oh geez! This might turn this onto a real gossip forum lol, but did anyone catch her IG live the other day where she addressed the mystery sister. Her name is Abby and she doesn't normally feature them in the vlogs because they "don't speak".
Maxxinsta96
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Oh darn I wish I would have known she was doing a live. I wonder why they don’t speak. Did she address anything else juicy or something worthy of sharing here?
Wobbledewobble
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Wobbledewobble »

BobbiB6606 wrote:I'm honestly a little confused at how she makes so much at work. I followed her back on her old Snapchat where she'd often Snapchat in her uniform. She only works part-time and it's at a retail store (maybe I should apply there haha), but I also think the only thing she really splurges on is their room makeovers. She shops at discount grocery stores, a lot of Gigi's clothes are from the previous year's clearance and then most of her impulse buys are on some sort of sale.

My biggest issue with her uppity attitude. Like I said, she usually shops at discount stores and tends to be pretty frugal and overall low-maintenance girl, but on the flip side, she'll pout about having to go in a Walmart or practically claim to be too good for her apartment. You'll often see her judge an area or turn her nose up at the idea of going into the city. I don't know how many times I've heard this girl refer to an area or store as "ratchet or ghetto." I've been side eyeing her since the time I saw her lock her doors and avoid leaving her car because she saw a guy looking at her in "slightly ghetto part of town", but her rant in one of recent videos where she talks about moving really rubbed me the wrong way. It's so disappointing because I completely agree that she's seems super mature and level-headed compared to other Youtubers.

She’s def mentioned that she works two jobs multiple times. Not sure about at the moment but even when she got her apartment. She would always talk about when she’d finally get a day off from both because it was rare. Or when she’d get off of work, and then have to go to her other job a few hours later.

Also I believe she’s said a couple of times that she works at aldi. In one of her apartment grocery haul type thinks or when she was talking about how she was going to go grocery shopping she said something along the lines of “I’m going to a different aldi because the one I work at isn’t open”

Maxxinsta96
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Oh wow I thought she only worked at her “mall” job. I know she used to nanny when she lived with her parents. That makes sense though if she shops at aldi because she gets a discount? I think her dad being a cop he’s very private and tells her not to share much.
BobbiB6606
Informer
Informer

I was just confused after her budgeting video. She claims her retail job pays really well. I know she's a manger and her hourly wage is probably higher and Youtube obviously pays well, but she only works part-time and she says outside of the bedroom makeovers and other random splurges, she saves the Youtube/sponsorship money. I do remember her babysitting while living at her mom's, but I think when she refers to her two jobs today, she's talking about her retail job and Youtube. And as far as the Aldi thing, I thought when she's said she was going to a different location, she was saying the one near her job (the retail job) was closed. I'm happy for her and its really none of my business I'm just confused at how she supports her and her daughter working part-time only using her retail income.
Maxxinsta96
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Yeah what you said lol. Where she works pays really well... it’s crazy my fiancé having an associates she makes more then him! Yeah I wonder how she can as well working part time. Her apartment rent is pretty cheap. Her parents pay her car insurance and phone bill so that’s 2 less bills she has to pay. Yeah she’s definitely seems a lot more mature than a lot of these young moms... she’s doing a kick ass job raising Gigi. She’s very lucky to have her parents to watch her. I wonder since she’s a part time manager is she’s just hourly vs salary. I wonder why she and her sister don’t talk. They look identical!!!! Her mother is so sweet the perfect example of how a grandmother should be.
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

A few things bother me about her...
She baby talks to Gracelyn and I wonder if that’s why her speech isn’t very good for her age. I know GiGi has the missing chromosome and so I don’t know if that affects speech but I feel like Gigi’s speech is delayed and I wonder if the baby talk is part of the reason why. Baby talk is a pet peeve of mine though, so it could just be me that it bothers I think that if you speak to children like you would anyone else it promotes good speech in them.

Olivia tends to reward bad behaviour in Gigi. I’ve noticed in a few vlogs that Gigi will be having a tantrum and Olivia will give her a cake pop or a lollipop or something just to make her be quite but that’s just teaching Gigi that if you act out you’ll get a treat. Tantrums suck, my daughter is the queen of tantrums so I know how embarrassing it is to have them throw fits in public and how draining it is listening to them... but giving her a treat to make her happy isn’t going to help them. And I think that if Gigi’s speech was better she would be able to communicate her problems better and would probably have less tantrums.

Maxxinsta96
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Yeah I agree with the rewarding bad behavior. I think a lot of it goes back to when she was pregnant with Gigi she says it was a very hard pregnancy. I think she still thinks that she shouldn’t be here so she really cherishes and doesn’t discipline her because of that. I wish she eventually will do a birth vlog or pregnancy with Gigi. I respect her if she’s not ready though I feel like most moms would pump out they video for they views. Anyone think Abby is so annoying she’s beyond fake and I can’t watch her.
Maxxinsta96
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

She is VERY lucky her dad took over her car payments. I give it to her she gives her parents a lot of credit and I admire that. Does anyone think she has a boyfriend now? In one of the vlogs she said “we put Gigi to bed” but only her and gracelyn were seen. Not to mention in one pic you can see a muscular man pushing the stroller I think it’s the petting zoo pic
Sweetiebee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sweetiebee »

She's getting really cocky now. I don't like her.

Return to “A-H”