Carissa Nunez

Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Carissa Nunez

Unread post by Caisflame »

I looked and didn't see a thread on her already, sorry if I missed it.

Carissa and Nick are a young married couple with a new baby daughter, Emerson. They have around 22k subscribers. I don't find her videos entertaining, but she's still sort of new so I subscribed to stick around and see if it improves. However a lot of people comment saying that her editing style is a lot like OKBaby's. I can kind of see where they're coming from, it's pretty similar. She's definitely trying to be likeable and trendy. Just wondering if anyone else has come across them and what your thoughts are. I'm curious to see if the channel will grow.
Heres the channel:
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCJcT_Rb8eJISuYj6sdhbAWQ
DramaMama
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Re: Carissa Nunez

Unread post by DramaMama »

I recently found her as well and I really like her. I love her sense of humor and Emerson is SO cute.
Steps_to_STFU
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Steps_to_STFU »

I have followed her since the start. We were pregnant at the same time and had our daughters within days of each other I believe.

I adore her and her family. She's refreshing.
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

They're having baby number 2! Super excited for them, they're such a breath of fresh air compared to typical vloggers.
Steps_to_STFU
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Steps_to_STFU »

I adore them. I am so happy for them they are just a super sweet family. It's nice to watch them very different from all the other blah on YouTube.
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Gender reveal is up.
I get the feeling they're a bit disappointed, but as much as they love Em I know they'll get over it and are still over the moon for this baby.
amandathcommanda
Talker
Talker

Unread post by amandathcommanda »

Defuego wrote:Gender reveal is up.
I get the feeling they're a bit disappointed, but as much as they love Em I know they'll get over it and are still over the moon for this baby.

Yea he looked a little disappointed especially.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maxxinsta96
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Maxxinsta96 »

I think Emerson is the cutest YouTube baby. Nick and Carissa aren’t bad looking people. I’m glad they are getting settled in the new house. They are probably my favorite YouTubers. I hope they stay to their roots but it always seem once people hit the 100,000 mark that’s where it falls through.
aniraKKarina
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by aniraKKarina »

She’s my favourite YouTuber. I absolutely love her sense of humour. And I love how she is with her daughter.
aniraKKarina
Gossiper
Gossiper

Oh and her editing is the best I’ve ever seen on yt. That combines with the music she uses and the way she uses it just makes her videos really really good.
Maxxinsta96
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Yes she’s also my favorite. Emerson is the most adorable toddler on YouTube. I just hope they stay their humble selves but it seems every youtuber after a while shows their true colors; let’s the fame get to their head. It’s a shame.
aniraKKarina
Gossiper
Gossiper

Maxxinsta96 wrote:Yes she’s also my favorite. Emerson is the most adorable toddler on YouTube. I just hope they stay their humble selves but it seems every youtuber after a while shows their true colors; let’s the fame get to their head. It’s a shame.
I won’t mind more sponsored vlogs but I really hope that she keeps her feet on the ground. I think she’s one of the smarter YouTubers and maybe she won’t be influenced as much as some people.
Alwyn94
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Alwyn94 »

F7FE00AF-A7A0-4F01-B139-20FCEC561EA5.jpeg
They’re a very sweet family. And Emerson, here with her new best friend, Cooper, is the most joyful, natural child. Fingers crossed for them all that they stay true to their roots.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Maxxinsta96
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Yes I think she’s just so adorable!! They seem to be good parents and do a good job raising their girls. I like how Carissa seems so good with diys. I couldn’t do any to save my life I admire that about her.
Maxxinsta96
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Omg I balled my eyes out at the most recent vlog.
Especially when she gets in the car and starts to cry. It kills me no one was in the the room with her to comfort her. They are such a sweet and loving family. I really enjoy watching her. Idk why but something tells me they may end up pregnant before this year is up. I can see them having a boy something just tells me.
haterade
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by haterade »

Maxxinsta96 wrote:Omg I balled my eyes out at the most recent vlog.
Especially when she gets in the car and starts to cry. It kills me no one was in the the room with her to comfort her. They are such a sweet and loving family. I really enjoy watching her. Idk why but something tells me they may end up pregnant before this year is up. I can see them having a boy something just tells me.
Her new video made me so uncomfortable. Like the entire thing rubbed me the wrong way. I know I can't tell someone how to grieve, but it felt really invasive to watch her on the phone with her husband. I also thought it was super weird that she was vlogging and telling "us" before she even told him. I feel really bad, but they also deliberately got pregnant during a global pandemic. People have known for months that partners aren't allowed in appointments and some aren't even allowed at the birth.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

kerenkrazyeyes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by kerenkrazyeyes »

haterade wrote:
Maxxinsta96 wrote:Omg I balled my eyes out at the most recent vlog.
Her new video made me so uncomfortable. Like the entire thing rubbed me the wrong way. I know I can't tell someone how to grieve, but it felt really invasive to watch her on the phone with her husband. I also thought it was super weird that she was vlogging and telling "us" before she even told him. I feel really bad, but they also deliberately got pregnant during a global pandemic. People have known for months that partners aren't allowed in appointments and some aren't even allowed at the birth.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I love Carissa, but I think she fell into the pressure of announcing a pregnancy as soon as the dye dries and it backfired. I feel terrible that she lost the baby, but i simply dont understand why these youtubers announce so fast. Then they get all this attention for a loss that so many women face every day. Its just too much.

I agree that her talking to nick on the phone felt really shitty to watch. My heart broke for them and I hope they can have a successful pregnancy soon, but I also hope she doesn't share it until she is ready.

As for the virus i get not putting your life on hold forever but going to appointments alone for the entire duration of a pregnancy sucks. I just had a baby last month and my husband couldn't even be there, he got to watch on an Ipad. I was alone in my room while my baby was in the nicu. I don't know why people opt for this right now.
Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Maxxinsta96
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Yes we are finally ready to have our second baby. We were going to start this year but with everything going on we decided against it. I’m really glad. I’m sure they video will bring in a ton of views which youtubers we know they all love
10PumpsOfVanilla
Informer
Informer

Unread post by 10PumpsOfVanilla »

They didn't get pregnant intentionally, at least the announcement video didn't make it seem that way. They were both acting shocked and confused how it happened.

I love Carissa and have so much respect for her. I agree the video was uncomfortable, but I think it is supposed to be? She said she wanted to share everything and she did. It was a new experience for her, miscarriage and Coronavirus precaution appointment, so I'm not going to diss her for filming how and what she did.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

wholesomememegirl
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by wholesomememegirl »

I love her channel, she’s an amazing woman and, her heart is so pure and she didn’t deserve to have a miscarriage, nobody does :(. I see nothing wrong with her filming her experience with miscarriage, it’s raw and real, what really broke me was when she started crying in the car and had to call and tell Nick what happened to the baby, I really hope they get their rainbow baby soon. 🥺

Return to “A-H”