Epik Brandon Family

Snarkadoodle Doo
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Epik Brandon Family

Unread post by Snarkadoodle Doo »

dahell wrote:
Snarkadoodle Doo wrote:I must have missed the vertigo comment, was it in today's photo shoot vlog? The dog, however.... That actually made me so sad. I understand pets are family members but it wasn't even 8 am and you were outside somewhere fully of dog distractions. The dog didn't need to be there. An emotional support animal isn't going to help you kid with allergies. They can claim it's a service dog, all they want, but he's NOT. Service dogs take thousands of dollars and dozens and dozens of hours of PROFESSIONAL training. A 12 year old can't properly train or obtain legal certification for a service dog from watching YouTube videos. Service dog certification is much different from support animal certification. It practically free online and anyone can do it. And the dog wasn't certified as anything when they went to Hawaii because they couldn't bring him. She had no issues when they lived there without him.

Anyway, I digress.... They should have left the dog at home.
And they should have brought jackets from the kids to wear between shots. It was before 8 am and cold outside. Don't complain about your kids being grouchy when they're cold if you can't even do your parental duties and make sure they have coats. But you know "Cozy" was looking all cozy and warm in her blanket there. Someone should remind Neysa and Jason they have 6 other kids too. It's not like they don't tell us everyday. They may have forgotten.

I guess I'm feeling sassy tonight, haha!
ITA about everything you said about service animals. That will forever be a point of contention for me with this family! Not Hanni’s fault, I’m not meaning it that way but I do think it’s people like her family that give true service animals a “bad name”....like the people that say that just to fly them free or move into pet free places. You’re so right.
Yes, it will always make my blood boil too, as you may have been able to tell by my frantic typing and lack or proofreading my above post, haha... I have family members who actually need and have both, so I can get really heated when people misuse the need for an actual service or support animal. Brataley is also guilty of this, but that's for another thread.
:angel: RIP Mom 3/16/2019 - Cancer Sucks :angel:
Snarkadoodle Doo
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ForeverGauc01 wrote:Is it a possibility to get the thread moved as well? Right now it’s not in the alphabetized portion of the lesser gossiped about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes! I was wondering if anyone else would notice that. I was planning on starting the new thread in the A-H alphabetized section because that gets very confusing. I am hoping we can move this one too, though it would already be closed then. But part 2 will definitely be in the right place. Good eye!
Snarkadoodle Doo
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Man, you guys must be tired of hearing from me today... I forgot to ask this earlier in my last post. What are the group's thoughts on changing it to The Epik Life, now that they changed the channel name since this thread started? That would actually put it in with T - which I guess could get confusing. Because we want new people to be able to find us if/when they come looking for us! Ok I need to look into this some more, I'll let you know my thoughts on all that very shortly, but I want to know yours too!

EDITED TO ADD: Okay I changed my mind about one thing. I wouldn't move it to T. I'd leave it (or move it really) in E since the first main word is still Epik. But still want your thought on the main name changing?
Bekkaz
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Bekkaz »

Snarkadoodle Doo wrote:Man, you guys must be tired of hearing from me today... I forgot to ask this earlier in my last post. What are the group's thoughts on changing it to The Epik Life, now that they changed the channel name since this thread started? That would actually put it in with T - which I guess could get confusing. Because we want new people to be able to find us if/when they come looking for us! Ok I need to look into this some more, I'll let you know my thoughts on all that very shortly, but I want to know yours too!

EDITED TO ADD: Okay I changed my mind about one thing. I wouldn't move it to T. I'd leave it (or move it really) in E since the first main word is still Epik. But still want your thought on the main name changing?
Are you limited to a number of characters? You could do (The) Epik Life/Brandon Family.
Carissa
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Carissa »

Snarkadoodle Doo wrote:Man, you guys must be tired of hearing from me today... I forgot to ask this earlier in my last post. What are the group's thoughts on changing it to The Epik Life, now that they changed the channel name since this thread started? That would actually put it in with T - which I guess could get confusing. Because we want new people to be able to find us if/when they come looking for us! Ok I need to look into this some more, I'll let you know my thoughts on all that very shortly, but I want to know yours too!

Epik Life - The Brandons
Bekkaz
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Bekkaz »

Another title idea:
No meds, no school, no friends.
Snarkadoodle Doo
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Bekkaz wrote:

Are you limited to a number of characters? You could do (The) Epik Life/Brandon Family.
Well, I've never found that I ran out of characters, so I'm guessing no, but there's a first time for everything I suppose.
My concern would be that when the channel name is longer, when you start adding those fun part names after it, the title can get cut off in the thread. It seems to still be ok on the main post in the topics pages though. Once we get a few more parts going, we can get them into their own thread group, so the main thread group can have the long complete name, while we can start abbreviating in here more. Someone suggested Epik Life/Brandon Family. I think that's a good idea myself, still says both and is probably as short and sweet as we can make it. Plus no debate on alphabetical section once we cut out the word THE lol... Now the question is title. We have two suggestions so far. "No meds, no school, no friends" and "CozyRosie and the 6 others". Both good, fun options, and I think possibly short enough that the other concern is a non issue. Anyone else have any ideas? Did I miss any suggestions? If so, let me know!
dahell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by dahell »

My gosh with this lady “EXCLUSIVE” behind the scenes family photos. Was the media frenzy surrounding her photo shoot that bad that she had to make it exclusive? Also “scene’s”. Geez.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

I was irrationally upset by her use of the word "scene's" . Like I'm still not over it.
dahell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by dahell »

natalka81 wrote:I was irrationally upset by her use of the word "scene's" . Like I'm still not over it.
Lol. I totally get it.
margaret_ann93
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by margaret_ann93 »

In regards to the service dog thing, the information given above is extremely incorrect. In the USA, there is absolutely no certification process for service animals AND emotional support animals. Any certification you see is a scam. As a service dog handler myself, I do have concerns with the dog's training, but what she is doing is not illegal. She understands that what differentiates service dogs from ESA's is that they must be task trained. She also understands that the certification you'd find online is not legitimate. So if we're being technical, it seems Hanni knows a heck of a lot more about service dogs than anyone here. Please do not pretend you know about something that you literally have zero experience with. Your credibility is basically destroyed.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Thank you for your comment. I don't live in the US and didn't know this. I just read the ADA part about service animals. I agree that Hanni seems to have done quite a bit of research on the topic and that there are still some significant concerns about her training the dog completely herself. I don't think it was anyone's intention here to pretend to be an expert on service animals.
TheOneWhoBlogs
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by TheOneWhoBlogs »

margaret_ann93 wrote:In regards to the service dog thing, the information given above is extremely incorrect. In the USA, there is absolutely no certification process for service animals AND emotional support animals. Any certification you see is a scam. As a service dog handler myself, I do have concerns with the dog's training, but what she is doing is not illegal. She understands that what differentiates service dogs from ESA's is that they must be task trained. She also understands that the certification you'd find online is not legitimate. So if we're being technical, it seems Hanni knows a heck of a lot more about service dogs than anyone here. Please do not pretend you know about something that you literally have zero experience with. Your credibility is basically destroyed.
It's not even that, Man, It's that a child is training "Service dogs"
Whilst there is no 'real' training, There are places that do train them that ARE Training places, NOT Scams. And anybodyh who thinks a child can do as good of a job training a service animal... Yeah... No...
4/14/17
1/1/18
9/10/18
margaret_ann93
Amateur
Amateur

natalka81 wrote:Thank you for your comment. I don't live in the US and didn't know this. I just read the ADA part about service animals. I agree that Hanni seems to have done quite a bit of research on the topic and that there are still some significant concerns about her training the dog completely herself. I don't think it was anyone's intention here to pretend to be an expert on service animals.
And I was not claiming that people were pretending to be experts however some people (specifically snarkawhatever) were saying all sorts of incorrect things. They weren't stating their opinion that they believe that a 12 year old should not be allowed to train their service dog, they were stating that what Hanni is doing is wrong when in reality, it is perfectly legal.
margaret_ann93
Amateur
Amateur

TheOneWhoBlogs wrote:
margaret_ann93 wrote:In regards to the service dog thing, the information given above is extremely incorrect. In the USA, there is absolutely no certification process for service animals AND emotional support animals. Any certification you see is a scam. As a service dog handler myself, I do have concerns with the dog's training, but what she is doing is not illegal. She understands that what differentiates service dogs from ESA's is that they must be task trained. She also understands that the certification you'd find online is not legitimate. So if we're being technical, it seems Hanni knows a heck of a lot more about service dogs than anyone here. Please do not pretend you know about something that you literally have zero experience with. Your credibility is basically destroyed.
It's not even that, Man, It's that a child is training "Service dogs"
Whilst there is no 'real' training, There are places that do train them that ARE Training places, NOT Scams. And anybodyh who thinks a child can do as good of a job training a service animal... Yeah... No...
There are actually a variety of ways for a service dog to be legitimately trained in the USA. There are Assistance Dogs International accredited non-profit organizations that provide service dogs free of charge, but those organizations often have two year wait lists, which for some people isn't feasible. There are training schools that you can pay to help you with your dog or provide you with an already trained dog, but these are extremely expensive. You are essentially going to have to spend the $20,000 out of your own pocket to train that dog. The third, and perfectly legal option is to owner train, which is clearly what Hanni decided. It is admirable that through her research, she learned this herself as many service dog handlers that I know were scammed into thinking they could buy certification online. She is clearly a smart kid to figure out those are scams. I am assuming probably all of you have an extremely limited experience with service dogs, so I will say that in my opinion, the dog is very well trained all things considering. I would feel safe working my service dog around that dog. Does the dog meet my standards? Honestly no, but I have very high standards. I just want to reiterate that Hanni lives in the USA where it is perfectly legal for her to train her own service dog even with her being a minor. You are welcome to not like that, but take that up with the US government, not Hanni.
Snarkadoodle Doo
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

margaret_ann93 wrote:
natalka81 wrote:Thank you for your comment. I don't live in the US and didn't know this. I just read the ADA part about service animals. I agree that Hanni seems to have done quite a bit of research on the topic and that there are still some significant concerns about her training the dog completely herself. I don't think it was anyone's intention here to pretend to be an expert on service animals.
And I was not claiming that people were pretending to be experts however some people (specifically snarkawhatever) were saying all sorts of incorrect things. They weren't stating their opinion that they believe that a 12 year old should not be allowed to train their service dog, they were stating that what Hanni is doing is wrong when in reality, it is perfectly legal.
Actually, that's actually NOT what I was saying at all. I believe you completely misunderstood what I was trying to say there. Sorry if my tone, inflection or point was not clear, but you could have asked for clarification if you were unsure. I understand you say you are a service dog handler, but I also have Service and ESA animals within my own home and family so I'm not as completely ignorant as you claim i am. But, I'm not going to argue with you about that. NO ONE here said ANYTHING about Hannie doing something illegal.
margaret_ann93
Amateur
Amateur

Snarkadoodle Doo wrote:I must have missed the vertigo comment, was it in today's photo shoot vlog? The dog, however.... That actually made me so sad. I understand pets are family members but it wasn't even 8 am and you were outside somewhere fully of dog distractions. The dog didn't need to be there. An emotional support animal isn't going to help you kid with allergies. They can claim it's a service dog, all they want, but he's NOT. Service dogs take thousands of dollars and dozens and dozens of hours of PROFESSIONAL training. A 12 year old can't properly train or obtain legal certification for a service dog from watching YouTube videos. Service dog certification is much different from support animal certification. It practically free online and anyone can do it. And the dog wasn't certified as anything when they went to Hawaii because they couldn't bring him. She had no issues when they lived there without him.

Anyway, I digress.... They should have left the dog at home.
And they should have brought jackets from the kids to wear between shots. It was before 8 am and cold outside. Don't complain about your kids being grouchy when they're cold if you can't even do your parental duties and make sure they have coats. But you know "Cozy" was looking all cozy and warm in her blanket there. Someone should remind Neysa and Jason they have 6 other kids too. It's not like they don't tell us everyday. They may have forgotten.

I guess I'm feeling sassy tonight, haha!
I am more than willing to reference to show you.

"An emotional support animal isn't going to help you kid with allergies."
This is incorrect as Hanni has not once claimed him to be an ESA, she has claimed him to be a task trained service dog and has even gone as far as showing his tasks on video.

"They can claim it's a service dog, all they want, but he's NOT."
The dog does meet the legal definition of a service dog in her country. This is where I feel as though you were expressing your opinion that Hanni could not train her dog, but you wrote it as though it was fact.

"Service dogs take thousands of dollars and dozens and dozens of hours of PROFESSIONAL training."
Service dogs are not required to be trained by a professional under ADA law.

"A 12 year old can't properly train or obtain legal certification for a service dog from watching YouTube videos."
While this comment is true, it is misleading. An adult would not be able to obtain legal certification either because it just doesn't exist. ADA law does not exclude minors from being able to train their dogs.

"Service dog certification is much different from support animal certification. It practically free online and anyone can do it."
Neither exists so it if we're being technical, service dog certification is identical to emotional support animal certification. It does not exist.

So please do not try to back peddle and act like you didn't comment this ridiculously inaccurate comment.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

^Okay this is the last time I will comment on this but I feel like there is a kinder way to express your frustration. You have informed us that there is nothing illegal about someone training their own service dog and that there's no such thing as "legal certification" anyway. I think in principle I happen to agree with this (which is beside the point, I know) in that people shouldn't have to 'prove' their disability and then fork over thousands of dollars in order to access the support they need to live their lives in this inaccessible world. It's an issue of human rights really. But at the same time (and I think you're saying this too) Hanni may need some additional support in order to train Calvin in a way that puts him up there with more 'professional' (for lack of a better word) animals. Perhaps instead of telling us how woefully wrong we are, and how "ridiculously inaccurate" someone's comment is, you could have just politely given us the information you have. I think what you're offering is important, and I honestly appreciate your insight, but I also feel like you're coming across as being accusatory when there doesn't really seem a need to be. This is just how I feel. Thanks for listening.
Snarkadoodle Doo
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

You are welcome to have whatever opinion of me you want, but I am not going to argue with you about semantics and the fact that I know what the INTENTIONS of my words were and that you clearly did not understand them. Or that you wish to be argumentative to prove that you're right and I'm wrong. I wrote it, and only I know what I meant, not you. So you have a nice day because I won't be replying to this subject again... :D

Now, let's get back to the subject of the family here, shall we? Anyone have any other fun name suggestions for part 2? So far we have the suggestions -

CozyRosie and the 6 others
No meds, no school, no friends

Anyone else have an idea they'd like to suggest?
Feel free to continue discussion about the thread title below instead of having to find it in the thread to vote, I'm realizing how much harder that is without a designated thread just for thread title discussion. That's my bad. Two pages to go before part two!
margaret_ann93
Amateur
Amateur

natalka81 wrote:^Okay this is the last time I will comment on this but I feel like there is a kinder way to express your frustration. You have informed us that there is nothing illegal about someone training their own service dog and that there's no such thing as "legal certification" anyway. I think in principle I happen to agree with this (which is beside the point, I know) in that people shouldn't have to 'prove' their disability and then fork over thousands of dollars in order to access the support they need to live their lives in this inaccessible world. It's an issue of human rights really. But at the same time (and I think you're saying this too) Hanni may need some additional support in order to train Calvin in a way that puts him up there with more 'professional' (for lack of a better word) animals. Perhaps instead of telling us how woefully wrong we are, and how "ridiculously inaccurate" someone's comment is, you could have just politely given us the information you have. I think what you're offering is important, and I honestly appreciate your insight, but I also feel like you're coming across as being accusatory when there doesn't really seem a need to be. This is just how I feel. Thanks for listening.
I do see what you are saying, but I respectfully disagree. In my opinion it is extremely dangerous to share incorrect information. It is also a pet peeve of mine for when people can't admit they were wrong. I very respectfully corrected the incorrect information, but when the person then decided to act as though she hadn't said the things that she said - I just don't have the patience for that. She was wrong, no big deal, but she can't pretend she didn't say anything incorrect.

Return to “A-H”