Derek & Liza

Southerndunes260
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Derek & Liza

Unread post by Southerndunes260 »

Who else thinks they won't come back onto social media??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Lennmama
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Lennmama »

Southerndunes260 wrote:Who else thinks they won't come back onto social media??

A day or two ago they posted on their other Instagram account (ourhyattfamilymakingjourney) asking about embryo adoption.

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk
blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by blackroses »

Any updates?
Klee22500
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Klee22500 »

I just found out about baby Charlotte. What a horrible situation to be in and one I would not wish on anyone. As for why people choose open adoption...it's for their children. A lot of comments have said that is something that they would never do, which is perfectly fine, but open adoption isn't about the parents. It is about that child that no matter how much you love them they will always want to know where they come from. It's about being selfless and putting the needs of your child in front of your own as well as letting go of any type of ego that says only you can be their known as their mother. Grant it there are circumstances where open adoption is not best for the child, but the goal of open adoption is so that the child does not feel abandoned or that they were not good enough for their birth family. There are degrees to open adoption and with every case their are differences and challenges. I come from a big family and all 5 of my aunts were either social workers or nurses who dealt with adoption or foster children. Out the 9 kids my grandparents had and their offspring there are over 50 adoptions in our family. Some are closed adoptions and some are open adoptions with each one there are differences and heartbreaks. What I can tell you that for our family we have found that open adoption is always the route to go if possible. Yes, there are growing pains and learning curves, but the children grew up with a sense of who they are in relation to their ancestors and living family members. I don't know is it is because I come from a Black family in Alabama, but knowing your roots means more than dna, but it is a collection of stories that you hear from generation to generation that define your place and tells who you came from. It is knowing the triumphs and the struggles that you hear from your great-grandparents at their knee that define the people you come from. It's one of the first thing people down south Black or White will ask you, "Who you people?" Although the family who raises you are family and their story is your story the story of where you come from is vital to the shaping of you as a person as well the continuation of their story. Not to make this about race, but many times Black families only had the voice of their elders to tell the story of the heritage so it is important that your adopted child can look to the people in which they come from for information about their ancestors or at the very least know the place thys can look for answers when they are ready to find them. I am currently in the midst of IVF and due to medical reason I will have to use a sperm donor and surrogate. I am not threatened by the birth mother of my child(ren) or her relationship with my child. The more people who love my child(ren) the better. I also chose to have a open sperm donor who has agreed to 4 pregnancies who I was able to meet face to face as well who has agreed to an open relationship with my children in the future. I know who he is, his family history, and the details of his family members who also will know my children. This is best for my family because I don't want any questions for my child(ren) in future that I won't be able to answer for them. I said all of that to say that open or closed adoption is not about you, but it should be what is ultimately best for your child. Will this open you up for more pain...sure, but in the end it is worth it.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

Lennmama wrote:

A day or two ago they posted on their other Instagram account (ourhyattfamilymakingjourney) asking about embryo adoption.

Have their been any other updates on that account?
Lennmama
Amateur
Amateur

actuallydear wrote:
Lennmama wrote:

Have their been any other updates on that account?
They posted today on one of their Instagram accounts. Not much info but it seems like they're still pushing forward with starting their family, but they didn't say how. I hope they eventually decide to come back to youtube.

Sent from my Moto X Play using Tapatalk
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

I hope they come back to youtube. I feel so horribly for them. I wonder if a combination of embryo adoption and surrogacy would be right for them.
Kaylor1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kaylor1 »

Still no word?
A friend on mine just left town because their birthmom is in labor and I am so excited but secretly in the back of my mind I am praying so hard it all goes smoothly.
Been thinking of Derek and Liza now for the last two days.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

I was actually thinking of these 2 yesterday, on thanksgiving. I imagine it's hard to be thankful when life keeps screwing you like it has them. They seem like genuinely good people and it just breaks my heart that this would happen to anyone.
Mom2two
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Mom2two »

Did you see that they were matched again?! I hope this one works out for them!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Lennmama
Amateur
Amateur

Mom2two wrote:Did you see that they were matched again?! I hope this one works out for them!

Yes! So happy for them and hope all goes according to plan. I truly admire their strength.

Kaylor1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kaylor1 »

Praying hard for them!!!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by blackroses »

I’m so so so excited for them. They went private so I can’t see any of their posts on Instagram
Mom2two
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Mom2two »

blackroses wrote:I’m so so so excited for them. They went private so I can’t see any of their posts on Instagram
:)[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201712 ... b89c2b.jpg[/img]

actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

I hope all goes well this time. I don't think they will announce anything until baby is home and has been for a few months.

I have a weird feeling that they'll name her Charlotte... they seem really set on the name for their baby, no matter which baby that is.
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

actuallydear wrote:I hope all goes well this time. I don't think they will announce anything until baby is home and has been for a few months.

I have a weird feeling that they'll name her Charlotte... they seem really set on the name for their baby, no matter which baby that is.
Did they have that picked out for the other matches that failed too, before the baby that came home with them for a few weeks? That would be really weird imo.
Lennmama
Amateur
Amateur

Defuego wrote:
actuallydear wrote:I hope all goes well this time. I don't think they will announce anything until baby is home and has been for a few months.

Did they have that picked out for the other matches that failed too, before the baby that came home with them for a few weeks? That would be really weird imo.
Yes, from what they've said, Charlotte has been the name they've used for each match. I really can't see them using that name again...at least I hope not.

Southerndunes260
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Southerndunes260 »

Did anyone see the comments on instagram?? Calling them out for being disrespectful to birth moms??? Not sure what that was all about?

Mom2two
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Mom2two »

Southerndunes260 wrote:Did anyone see the comments on instagram?? Calling them out for being disrespectful to birth moms??? Not sure what that was all about?

Looks like they disconnectedd their phone after getting the last baby. Birth mom couldn't get a hold of them according to some random poster. Lol they were pretty set on an open adoption so I don't see why they would do that.

Lennmama
Amateur
Amateur

Mom2two wrote:
Southerndunes260 wrote:Did anyone see the comments on instagram?? Calling them out for being disrespectful to birth moms??? Not sure what that was all about?

Looks like they disconnectedd their phone after getting the last baby. Birth mom couldn't get a hold of them according to some random poster. Lol they were pretty set on an open adoption so I don't see why they would do that.

I noticed that comment, but that particular person commented multiple times on that picture saying odd things. Seemed like a troll.

Return to “A-H”