Crazy Middles | Crazy Pieces

zomgshields
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Crazy Middles | Crazy Pieces

Unread post by zomgshields »

granola wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:39 pm The ignorance is wild. I'm just shaking my head over here in disbelief, and their comments are turned off so it's not like we can point it out. If rural small town education is this bad, I'm frightened. And for the parents to just blindly accept that they may not be sisters and cause all this turmoil without taking 8 seconds to google and figure it out. There are various combinations of parent's blood types in which they can be sisters. Screen Shot 2019-12-26 at 1.15.30 AM.png

On top of that I get some weird vibe that Shelley thrives off this kind of thing... anybody else?? Like for some reason I feel like she secretly hopes they aren't sisters because it adds to the "interesting" value of the video content.. And for her to act like its zero big deal if they're not sisters? How insensitive and nonchalant... Of course it's a big deal because now one sister will be wondering who their real biological parent is.. where they are.. if they are alive.. etc..

Mason looked on the verge of tears at various moments to me as well.
I’m pretty sure you can comment on the Community picture they have every time they post a video I seen someone said they can still be full siblings with different blood types and they sounded super shocked about it
lara77
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lara77 »

She said breed. She freaking said breed. It's ethnicity dumb people. Ethnicity. And I am sorry, but those tests are not really reliable. There is no way Mason is fully caucasian. There is no shame in that . They should teach them to embrace all their beautiful differences. It seems like he is proud to be white and was scared to be asian... There is some lingering racism in that family..

And the are/are they not sisters... That made me so mad..
Bekkaz
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Bekkaz »

lara77 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:21 pm She said breed. She freaking said breed. It's ethnicity dumb people. Ethnicity. And I am sorry, but those tests are not really reliable. There is no way Mason is fully caucasian. There is no shame in that . They should teach them to embrace all their beautiful differences. It seems like he is proud to be white and was scared to be asian... There is some lingering racism in that family..

And the are/are they not sisters... That made me so mad..
I don't mind the breed comment. Mason is the one who said it first as he's just a kid and used the wrong term, they are just continuing hassling him by using breed. I think it's funny! Like my girls always said gunion as they got onion and gherkin mixed together as children and even now at 9 and 11, we still say gunion!
I agree that he's not fully white. In his toddler photo's he looks even more oriental than now.
Kataja
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kataja »

I felt so bad for the other girl, Lizzie? She was having full mental breakdown and they were so stupid not to realize this. This thing meant a lot for her and they were just trying to make a buck. She started crying and tried to laugh it off but still cried. They built up all this tension not letting them open the books and making them wait on purpose. Poor girl couldn't emotionally handle it.

They are playing with the kids' emotions and I think that is so wrong! They should have never been allowed to adopt so many kids. There is no way they can satisfy the emotional needs of each and every one of them.
zomgshields
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by zomgshields »

Oh are destiny and Cynthia only half sisters? They kept saying destiny and the brothers bio bad would be there so I’m guessing he’s not Cynthia’s dad 🤷🏻‍♀️
Emily81
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Emily81 »

Kataja wrote:I felt so bad for the other girl, Lizzie? She was having full mental breakdown and they were so stupid not to realize this. This thing meant a lot for her and they were just trying to make a buck. She started crying and tried to laugh it off but still cried. They built up all this tension not letting them open the books and making them wait on purpose. Poor girl couldn't emotionally handle it.

They are playing with the kids' emotions and I think that is so wrong! They should have never been allowed to adopt so many kids. There is no way they can satisfy the emotional needs of each and every one of them.
I think it's cruel that they had the results and the kids had to wait for her to decorate the books and make the video. Most of all I feel sorry for Lizzie, the other one seemed somewhat disinterested.
Lizzie always seems so alone among all those people, my heart breaks.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Kittylover_92
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Kittylover_92 »

I don’t believe for a minute that mason is 100% “white” as Shelly said. I believe that he has Latin or maybe even Asian (leaning more towards Latin though) in his blood.
Jared even said his prior surname sounded like it could’ve been from Spain or Portugal- German and French surnames do not sound at all like Hispanic or Latin surnames. There’s no way Shelly and mason have practically identical racial makeup. Shelly probably took the test herself. The way she said “you’re white dude” as if that’s holier than being non-white leads me to believe these people are under cover racist. My heart breaks for kason, as he really is an outcast in that family- although Brinley and Trey are mixed.
Why did Lizzie have to stay behind and babysit the small kids while everyone else got to go and enjoy Destiny’s birthday? They treat that poor girl so wrong. I wish I could take her in with me. I agree with who ever said they shouldn’t have been able to adopt so many kids. There needs to be a limit! That house is practically a group home.
Kittylover_92
Amateur
Amateur

And I really don’t mean to talk bad about him because I really like Max, but his perm looks ridiculous.
Kataja
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kataja »

Kittylover_92 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:44 pm I don’t believe for a minute that mason is 100% “white” as Shelly said. I believe that he has Latin or maybe even Asian (leaning more towards Latin though) in his blood.
Jared even said his prior surname sounded like it could’ve been from Spain or Portugal- German and French surnames do not sound at all like Hispanic or Latin surnames. There’s no way Shelly and mason have practically identical racial makeup. Shelly probably took the test herself. The way she said “you’re white dude” as if that’s holier than being non-white leads me to believe these people are under cover racist. My heart breaks for kason, as he really is an outcast in that family- although Brinley and Trey are mixed.
Why did Lizzie have to stay behind and babysit the small kids while everyone else got to go and enjoy Destiny’s birthday? They treat that poor girl so wrong. I wish I could take her in with me. I agree with who ever said they shouldn’t have been able to adopt so many kids. There needs to be a limit! That house is practically a group home.
I don't typically defend youtubers (you can see above my clearly upset comment about their treatment of Lizzie) but some of these comments are just unreasonable. Like, use your common sense!

Why would Shelby care that Mason ''must be'' white. They have children clearly from many ethnic backgrounds. It would make no sense that Shelby has obsession for Mason to be white.

You know that Latin can be white? They are basically descendants from Spain, Europe. Many of them have mixed with local native Americans so therefore many people there have darker skin tones but there are such people as white Latin American.
lara77
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lara77 »

Kataja wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:01 pm
Kittylover_92 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:44 pm I don’t believe for a minute that mason is 100% “white” as Shelly said. I believe that he has Latin or maybe even Asian (leaning more towards Latin though) in his blood.
I don't typically defend youtubers (you can see above my clearly upset comment about their treatment of Lizzie) but some of these comments are just unreasonable. Like, use your common sense!

Why would Shelby care that Mason ''must be'' white. They have children clearly from many ethnic backgrounds. It would make no sense that Shelby has obsession for Mason to be white.

You know that Latin can be white? They are basically descendants from Spain, Europe. Many of them have mixed with local native Americans so therefore many people there have darker skin tones but there are such people as white Latin American.
Mason clearly showed that he would be disgusted and disappointed to be Asian and was so happy to be white. Shelly talked about havcing an Asian child to complete her collection. That family has shown several times that there is some lingering racism (or at least huge ignorance) going on.

Shelley doesn't care what ethnicity any of her children are, she just collect them and let Destiny and Lizzy take care of them. They could be Alpaca, Black or White, it wouldn't change much for her.
Kittylover_92
Amateur
Amateur

I’m not going to go back and forth with you.
I said what I said. Shelly was happy that mason was “white” you could hear it in her voice! He was even happier (wonder why?)
So what that they adopted non-white children. That proves nothing! I’ll say it cause no one else wants to but they make a lot of money from all these kids. All of they’re children are adopted through foster care which more than likely means Shelly and Jared receive a stipend for the ones under 18! It’s great that they gave these kids a roof over there heads and most SEEM to be happy, but adoption is more than just “taking them in” there’s that emotional bonding they need- and they can’t give it to all of those kids!! You barely EVER see the younger kids and Kason always looks sad when he is shown! What’s the point in adopting 20 kids when you always have their siblings babysitting them?
Emily81
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Emily81 »

Kittylover_92 wrote:

I’m not going to go back and forth with you.
I said what I said. Shelly was happy that mason was “white” you could hear it in her voice! He was even happier (wonder why?)
So what that they adopted non-white children. That proves nothing! I’ll say it cause no one else wants to but they make a lot of money from all these kids. All of they’re children are adopted through foster care which more than likely means Shelly and Jared receive a stipend for the ones under 18! It’s great that they gave these kids a roof over there heads and most SEEM to be happy, but adoption is more than just “taking them in” there’s that emotional bonding they need- and they can’t give it to all of those kids!! You barely EVER see the younger kids and Kason always looks sad when he is shown! What’s the point in adopting 20 kids when you always have their siblings babysitting them?
Once the adoption is finalized and the child is no longer in foster care the income from providing foster care is also finalized.

The most common way that adoptive families receive money is in the form of federal adoption tax credits.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Mommy359
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Mommy359 »

Once a child is adopted through foster care as long as that child is over 2 and/or has a sibling group you still get a stipend. It depends on how much though.
lara77
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lara77 »

They are buying another house in the Valley? How many houses have they bought recently? 4? 5 ? How rich are they or how cheap are the houses in the area?
HeyKatie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by HeyKatie »

lara77 wrote:They are buying another house in the Valley? How many houses have they bought recently? 4? 5 ? How rich are they or how cheap are the houses in the area?
Seems like they buy fixer uppers and do all the work themselves to re model. That probably costs less than having someone else do it. Plus they rent them out after buying them which helps them pay off the mortgages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lara77
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lara77 »

HeyKatie wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:35 pm
lara77 wrote:They are buying another house in the Valley? How many houses have they bought recently? 4? 5 ? How rich are they or how cheap are the houses in the area?
Seems like they buy fixer uppers and do all the work themselves to re model. That probably costs less than having someone else do it. Plus they rent them out after buying them which helps them pay off the mortgages.

Do they rent the house to Jared's mother and Destiny? And the one they are going to build next to where they live? And the house in the Valley? I think Jarred's nephew pays rent but that's it? They have 20 kids and not such good jobs, how do they keep on being able to buy houses.
Mommy359
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Mommy359 »

Does anyone have the status of Jacobs sister coming to live with them? I’m so curious if she’s going or not.
Fabmh
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Fabmh »

lara77 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:37 pm

Do they rent the house to Jared's mother and Destiny? And the one they are going to build next to where they live? And the house in the Valley? I think Jarred's nephew pays rent but that's it? They have 20 kids and not such good jobs, how do they keep on being able to buy houses.

You don't have to have a lot of money to buy houses and invest in real estate. For example, and these are hypothetical numbers here, if you go through private lenders you can get a fixer upper as well as the cost to fix it up financed. So you can find a rundown house for 50,000 and spend 25,000 fixing it up with the loans so you're out of pocket is between 10,000 and 20,000. Once the house is fixed up you get it appraised, let's say it comes in at 100,000 after the renovation. You can then get a home equity loan for 80% of the value so a bank would give you $80,000 with which you would pay off your original lender, recoup any costs you had and and end up $5000 in the green. Then you rent out that house and the renters pay the mortgage as well as a little extra money that goes into the homeowners pockets. Now in this instance there is none of their original money in that house and they can reuse that $10-$20,000 over and over again as long as they have lender is willing to work with them. So you definitely don't have to be rich, and if you are creative enough and know the right people, you wouldn't even need that hypothetical $10-$20,000 and you can technically do it with no money coming out of your pocket if someone else is willing to give you a full loan.

I'm not defending the family or anything, and I don't know their situation and how they are buying houses, but I wanted to clear up the misconception that you have to be rich to own properties.
Fabmh
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Fabmh »

lara77 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:37 pm

You don't have to have a lot of money to buy houses and invest in real estate. For example, and these are hypothetical numbers here, if you go through private lenders you can get a fixer upper as well as the cost to fix it up financed. So you can find a rundown house for 50,000 and spend 25,000 fixing it up with the loans so you're out of pocket is between 10,000 and 20,000. Once the house is fixed up you get it appraised, let's say it comes in at 100,000 after the renovation. You can then get a home equity loan for 80% of the value so a bank would give you $80,000 with which you would pay off your original lender, recoup any costs you had and and end up $5000 in the green. Then you rent out that house and the renters pay the mortgage as well as a little extra money that goes into the homeowners pockets. Now in this instance there is none of their original money in that house and they can reuse that $10-$20,000 over and over again as long as they have lender is willing to work with them. So you definitely don't have to be rich, and if you are creative enough and know the right people, you wouldn't even need that hypothetical $10-$20,000 and you can technically do it with no money coming out of your pocket if someone else is willing to give you a full loan.

I'm not defending the family or anything, and I don't know their situation and how they are buying houses, but I wanted to clear up the misconception that you have to be rich to own properties.
iamelisabeth
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by iamelisabeth »

Very late to watching the most recent Vlog but I though the way they spoke to Weston when visiting him at work was so sad! They didn't know anything about his plans for the future and just seemed quite distant, didn't sound like they'd been in touch much since he's moved out. I guess it goes to show that you just can't keep up with that many children's lives

Return to “A-H”