Five Two Love: The Scott Quints

Hyacinth
Talker
Talker

Re: Five Two Love: The Scott Quints

Unread post by Hyacinth »

Freecali wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:17 am I finally unsubscribed.

If they showed more hauls or hacks or how they live/do things in general I’d stick around.

But the constant “5 babies!” “7 kids!” Numbers alone don’t mean much to me as I myself have 7 kids! And I don’t have helpers or YouTube money!

I feel like they pull out a camera for 30 minutes without planning or prepping and it’s just the same thing over and over again.

The channels I enjoy tend to put more thought into content and are either entertaining or showing me how they do things which I find interesting.

I don’t find it interesting that 2 parents can take care of 5 toddlers “without morning help anymore” when 2 older kids are at school and 1/2 the videos show helpers anyway Image

I wish the family the best but unless they end up overhauling content it’s just not my jam. When they were babies they showed more how they got through and what they did. Now it’s just playtime and talking about nothing much at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly - they could show things like food hauls (proper ones, not just the dad doing his stupidity buying a couple of things at Costco), the meals that they eat in a week, clothes/ wardrobe organisation for the kids. There is no planning for their vlogs at all - long term they aren't going to keep viewers. I unsubscribed after they showed the Disney trip.
Hyacinth
Talker
Talker

itslaurlmao wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:32 am
Freecali wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:17 am I finally unsubscribed.

If they showed more hauls or hacks or how they live/do things in general I’d stick around.

But the constant “5 babies!” “7 kids!” Numbers alone don’t mean much to me as I myself have 7 kids! And I don’t have helpers or YouTube money!

I feel like they pull out a camera for 30 minutes without planning or prepping and it’s just the same thing over and over again.

The channels I enjoy tend to put more thought into content and are either entertaining or showing me how they do things which I find interesting.

I don’t find it interesting that 2 parents can take care of 5 toddlers “without morning help anymore” when 2 older kids are at school and 1/2 the videos show helpers anyway Image

I wish the family the best but unless they end up overhauling content it’s just not my jam. When they were babies they showed more how they got through and what they did. Now it’s just playtime and talking about nothing much at all.

I completely agree.

With that being said, do you have any channel recommendations? I need to stop hate watching these youtubers that i should just be unsubscribing from...
Do you watch the Chatwins? I don't like everything about them, but their filming is generally of a much higher quality than most of the other family channels. I confess to quite liking Jammerill Stewart (unless it's one of her 'cooking' viogs - non-one wants to watch her put together the slop that she feeds her family lol). My favourite channel at the moment (although not a family one) is Simple Living Alaska - their vlogs are incredibly interesting and the quality of filming is excellent. Oh and I also quite like Keiara Moore - Aussie Mum vlogger.
LightlyToasted
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by LightlyToasted »

They definitely read here, lol. Little grandma was talked about not too long ago and now.... after we picked up speed here with the Disney incident, they seem to be really trying to cover their tracks. They recently mentioned the webcam in the boys room, and discipline too.

Hyacinth
Talker
Talker

LightlyToasted wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:14 pm Image
They definitely read here, lol. Little grandma was talked about not too long ago and now.... after we picked up speed here with the Disney incident, they seem to be really trying to cover their tracks. They recently mentioned the webcam in the boys room, and discipline too.

The Disney thing disgusted me - it showed them exactly for who they are - no different at all to the other self-centred Mormon family vloggers.
weed
Informer
Informer

Unread post by weed »

I noticed that too. They are trying to justify several of the things we are mentioning here ... unsuccessfully I might add. LOL

I think that Skyler believes that his "witty" personality and the cuteness of the kids is going to carry the channel, but he just comes across as annoying to me now. I know this is not gong to be a popular opinion, but Jaime really annoys me too. She has no personality and looks like she is in a semi-coma most of the time. :?

I do think she is quite lazy with things she doesn't want to do as well. She buys educational toys and dresses them up in her version of cute outfits because that she what she enjoys, but has anyone noticed that every time they go out anywhere she is always the one to only have one kid at a time while all the baby-sitters end up watching a few or pushing the pram with three in it? I've never seen her push more than two at a time and she often has everyone pushing the strollers while she just walks. Skyler obviously adores her and I don't think he notices how everyone else often does the hard work.

I know a lot of people think she is lovely, but I don't. She always gets what she wants in a quiet way. I think she is quite manipulative. She certainly calls the tune in that house and Skyler does what she says. That includes not disciplining the children very much. She prefers to keep everything "sweet" rather then so the hard works of getting them to do as they should. Give those kids a few years and they will be getting away with blue murder while Jamie sits there and just smiles at them.

I think the upcoming potty training will be very interesting.
JD386
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by JD386 »

weed wrote:

I noticed that too. They are trying to justify several of the things we are mentioning here ... unsuccessfully I might add. LOL

I think that Skyler believes that his "witty" personality and the cuteness of the kids is going to carry the channel, but he just comes across as annoying to me now. I know this is not gong to be a popular opinion, but Jaime really annoys me too. She has no personality and looks like she is in a semi-coma most of the time. :?

I do think she is quite lazy with things she doesn't want to do as well. She buys educational toys and dresses them up in her version of cute outfits because that she what she enjoys, but has anyone noticed that every time they go out anywhere she is always the one to only have one kid at a time while all the baby-sitters end up watching a few or pushing the pram with three in it? I've never seen her push more than two at a time and she often has everyone pushing the strollers while she just walks. Skyler obviously adores her and I don't think he notices how everyone else often does the hard work.

I know a lot of people think she is lovely, but I don't. She always gets what she wants in a quiet way. I think she is quite manipulative. She certainly calls the tune in that house and Skyler does what she says. That includes not disciplining the children very much. She prefers to keep everything "sweet" rather then so the hard works of getting them to do as they should. Give those kids a few years and they will be getting away with blue murder while Jamie sits there and just smiles at them.

I think the upcoming potty training will be very interesting.
I actually agree. Jamie seems so detached. Always has. Everyone used to say it was because of her physical limitations that she couldn’t carry the babies or pick them up, etc. But she had surgery and still seems to barely interact. She just lacks personality. Very monotone and boring.

Howlin17
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Howlin17 »

Seems Jamie is only animated when she’s selling a product. Otherwise, she’s detached, removed, bored and being catered to

weed
Informer
Informer

Unread post by weed »

I'm relieved that no one has jumped down my throat for saying that. I have felt very frustrated with Jamie for a long time, but have been hesitant to say so because I thought I was the only one. Most people see to think she is absolutely wonderful, but I have see a very different side to her I suppose. She really irritates me.

"being catered to" is a good way of describing her. I think that Skyler and the two older boys think she is queen bee in that house and she quietly gets her way in all things.
LightlyToasted
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LightlyToasted »

Yeah, I used to adore them but nowadays their vlogs are so boring that it’s hard to sit down and watch them. I usually can get away with having it on as background noise. Which is a shame because the quints are getting to such a fun stage, but every video seems to be the same boring content. Skylar is growing more and more annoying as time goes on.

weed
Informer
Informer

Unread post by weed »

I am so sick and tired of every single vlog being just a chance for them to promote some company that is sponsoring them. Jamie is only animated when she is promoting something for money. The rest of the time she looks like she just couldn't be bothered.

What is it with all those scratches on Lili's face from a fight with Violet?? that isn't a good sign.
Lionking23
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Lionking23 »

weed wrote:I am so sick and tired of every single vlog being just a chance for them to promote some company that is sponsoring them. Jamie is only animated when she is promoting something for money. The rest of the time she looks like she just couldn't be bothered.

What is it with all those scratches on Lili's face from a fight with Violet?? that isn't a good sign.
Scratches all over the face sounds like the Gardner quad squad I was really hoping this family would be different but more and more they keep showing the similarities

CoffeesOn
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by CoffeesOn »

weed wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:35 pm I am so sick and tired of every single vlog being just a chance for them to promote some company that is sponsoring them. Jamie is only animated when she is promoting something for money. The rest of the time she looks like she just couldn't be bothered.

I agree with everything you said. It makes you wonder if those scratches happened while they are locked in their rooms during nap time. They didn't elaborate on it.

I am so glad Violet has her dad to cuddle because you never see Jamie cuddling Violet. I posted awhile ago about this and have been watching for a long time to see Mom and Vivi interaction. I know you don't see everything in the short videos but in the last year there hasn't been much more than 3 cuddles from mom. Now count the cuddles and mom interactions with the other kids. There was a youtube comment a few videos back about it. I can't find it now to see if there were any responses to it.
Sickandtired
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sickandtired »

weed wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:35 pm

I just came to say the same thing. I’m a long time watcher of this family and didn’t even realize they had a board on this page.
Man poor Lily’s face! There is no excuse for that severe of scratching! I get kids fight and hit, but those scratches look like there was a lot of malicious intent behind them! Her poor face was just covered! Also the vlog was so loud with all the crying and screaming. Again I know kids especially toddlers have there moments, but if all your kids are screaming and crying, maybe put the damn camera down and not vlog that day!
weed
Informer
Informer

Unread post by weed »

Ah but they can't not vlog for a day ... they need the money those quints and all the sponsors are earning for them! LOL
Sickandtired
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sickandtired »

weed wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:10 pm Ah but they can't not vlog for a day ... they need the money those quints and all the sponsors are earning for them! LOL
I really wish YouTube would put an end to family vlogging, I wish YouTube would go back to the time when it was full of crappy parodies and music covers. Family vlogging shouldn't be someone's career, especially when it comes to riding your kids coattails and exploiting them. It is so irritating.
Feebz
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Feebz »

weed wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:35 pm I am so sick and tired of every single vlog being just a chance for them to promote some company that is sponsoring them. Jamie is only animated when she is promoting something for money. The rest of the time she looks like she just couldn't be bothered.

I think the scratching happens when the kids are locked in their rooms during their "nap" times / first thing in the morning. I can remember a vlog a while back when they showed them opening the door in the morning and Lily walked out and the first thing she said was that Violet scratched her.
Feebz
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Feebz »

I generally like the Scotts and find them more tolerable than most family vloggers.

I have enjoyed watching the kids grow up from babies to almost three year olds. For the most part I think that Jamie and Skyler are mostly good parents and I can't see the discipline issues that others have been talking about on here. The kids are as well behaved as I would expect nearly three year olds and they appear to be developmentally on track. I agree that Violet has a lisp that needs attention. However the kids mostly seem to have a good vocabulary, know their colours, can count, are engaged in activities some of the time ie have a reasonable attention span, can do simple puzzles, enjoy books etc. Lincoln seems to be behind the others speechwise and has outbursts / tantrums but I'm not convinced it is outside the realm of normal for a a two year old.

Having said that some things the Jamie and Skyler do annoy the hell out of me. eg the sponsored videos are annoying and I just skip that bit. I don't understand and cannot condone the locking the kids in their rooms in the mornings and at nap time. That seems to be when the kids get up to mischief. It's not a discipline issue, it is a parenting issue. Poo painting, book ripping, mess making and fighting is to be expected when more than one bored two year is locked in a room for who knows how long. I get they need a break but Jamie and Skyler could tag team - vlogging and noone working for an employer should afford them that opportunity. They both don't need to be "on" at the same time. One could easily get up early when the kids wake and the other sleep in a bit / go to the gym (I'm pretty sure Jamie has said she goes to the gym in the mornings to do yoga).

I don't understand why they schedule their time so much. Eg they have a fully fenced, presumable safe backyard. Why can't the kids run in and out? Why do the parents have to schedule inside play and outside play in their own home? It's not THAT cold outside in St George at this time of the year surely? Yes, they have 5 two year olds and it may feel like the they are running a preschool, but they aren't actually running one. This is their home. At that age, my kids were free to play where they pleased. I didn't feel the need to follow them around. Keep an eye on them / ear out for trouble yes. But follow them around our backyard, no. I don't live in the US so perhaps it a cultural / weather thing? Will having doors open cause issues with the AC / heating? Neither are really needed too much where I live so leaving doors open isn't an issue for us.

Ditto for baby gates, We ditched them by that age. My kids could confidently walk up and down steps so they weren't needed.

Also I don't understand why experienced parents need so much input from the paediatrician. There have been a number of vlogs where they have said, the paediatrician said they should be on x number of naps by this age and he suggested we change our routine. WTF? I don't know if it is because they were premmie or because they are quints, but it seems odd to me. One of mine was born at a similar gestation and I never, ever had a paediatrician give me advice about our daily routine. I just went with the flow and responded to her needs*

* having said that I don't know what I would do if I had five at once and I do acknowledge that just going with the flow and letting them settle into their own routines would be a one way ticket to crazy town with that many babies.

Oh and don't get me started on all the help they still get. Look it's great for them that they have such a close knit community and have friends and family who have been only too willing to help them out. Five babies would be a nightmare and the help would have been invaluable in the early days, but these kids are now nearly three. I don't understand why so much daily help is still needed if both parents are home full time. It would be different if one parent was working and one was at home, but that's not the case. Two parents are home. It should be easy for one to take a couple out on errands while the other looks after the others. If housework is an issue, they could get a cleaner for a couple of hours a week?
weed
Informer
Informer

Unread post by weed »

Great post!! Lots of good points.
Anonsnark9109
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Anonsnark9109 »

I don't really get the discipline concerns either. They seem like typical 2.5-year-olds to me in terms of 'bad' behavior and such. Their older boys seem like really sweet kids. I'm sure having quints really throws a curveball into parenting and discipline in various ways so I imagine they do parent them differently to some degree but i'd be shocked if their kids end up being 'bad kids'.

I remember a long time ago seeing people say Skylar was annoying and at that time I thought they just didn't get his humor. He tries to be obnoxious on purpose, as a joke. I still know that is the case, but it didn't used to bother me and now it does.

For a while Skyler was constantly saying "be happy!" or "I like when you are happy!" etc to the kids anytime they were sad or mad or anything like that. I am sure a lot of people would dismiss that as being too sensitive to his wording but it really seemed like his go-to response to any of the kids being upset and teaching them to stuff their feelings and put on a happy face to please dad is not a healthy thing. They have an awful lot on their plate but they can't expect the kids to make themselves low maintenance just to make their lives easier as parents, that's not healthy. I have noticed he completely stopped though so I wonder if someone called it out or if he otherwise realized it. I hope he has stopped and didn't just stop doing it on camera.

Being on video is unnatural to most people, so earlier on, I thought that was probably a factor in why Jamie seemed so reserved. I have had to occasionally make videos in my line of work and I always feel like I come off as more robot or 'stiff' than I really am because it's just hard to be natural while filming yourself. I think it probably was part of it, and maybe still is...I think most people loosen up with more practice but I can see shy people never getting fully comfortable. However, the way she speaks in the sponsored videos vs how she speaks when talking about the kids or her marriage or other things is really strange if it's just the being on camera part. Especially when she explains their parenting choices, marriage choices, etc it feels condescending to me, the voice she puts on. It reminds me a little bit of myka stauffer's "camera voice", they add all this excess air when they speak. It makes me feel like they're talking to a baby or a dog or something. I don't know.

It doesn't bother me that Jamie doesn't push the 3-seat stroller or usually have more than 1 toddler at once. I think even though she's had the surgery to 'fix' her ab area it would make sense to me that because her body was injured that although it is "repaired" it's not going to be the same as someone who had never had that injury.

I find it really disheartening how they handle COVID, going to Disney, going around extended family, taking all the babies to costco, going to a bowling alley. I realize they need help but honestly just having their baby sitters in and out is a decent amount of exposure to the family, assuming that some of those babysitters are also working or seeing other people at all. And the boys are potentially being exposed at school and with their soccer teams, etc.

Skyler at least adjusts his nose wire to make his fit his face. In the few instances where Jamie has been shown in a mask, her nose was hanging out or it was up but you could see huge gaps on either side of the mask because she didn't pinch it to fit her nose and cheeks. I really don't understand how religious folks can be irresponsible with COVID and not see that as misaligned with their faith. I'm an atheist and I feel a sense of responsibility to others on this earth to some degree. If me wearing a mask has a chance of saving someone else's life, if me staying home as much as I reasonably can is potentially going to save someone's life, I absolutely feel like that is my responsibility to do that for the greater good. It seems to me like religious people should feel even more responsibility to other people but it certainly seems like they tend to feel less responsible. Do they think 'well God will either protect people or he won't' and so they don't feel like they should accommodate others? If the pandemic had hit a couple of years earlier to where their babies were preemies would they have wanted the rest of society to take COVID more seriously for the sake of protecting their at-risk babies? I imagine they would have. So I don't get how they don't feel more responsible now. It's just so selfish.

I think it's a little strange to rely on pediatricians for a lot of parenting advice too. However, I think it's something people do when they know they don't want to just repeat what their parents did (which I usually see as a good thing) but aren't really capable of making up their own mind. They need guidance from some sort of 'authority'. I don't think pediatricians are parenting pros. I think they are more suited to medical advice. For example, many pediatricians, if asked how long you should keep a child rear-facing, will just tell you the law, not what is safest. I personally think it's better to read about a wide range of parenting styles and then make up your own mind. But, I think it's better to listen to a pediatrician than it is to just repeat what your parents did, in a lot of cases. But I think the reason they say 'our pediatrician told us...' in vlogs is to sort of preemptively defend against criticism. They're trying to let people know this was expert advice vs just their idea.
Feebz
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Feebz »

I'm impressed that they've decided to vlog less - cut down from three vlogs per week to two. Wonder how long it will last for.

Return to “A-H”