Epik Life/Brandon Fam | CoziBloom & the Non-Schoolers | Pt 2

dahell
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Epik Life/ Brandon Fam | CoziRose & the Non-Schoolers |

Unread post by dahell »

Snarkadoodle Doo wrote:So, I actually mod several threads here and a conversation came up tonight in one of them that made me think of a question to post to that thread. I thought it might be interesting to ask here too, since a very similar subject has come up in the last day or so here as well. Sorry to anyone that might be in any of my other threads as I have already asked it in one group, but may ask it in a few more. You might see this question again. Answer if you feel like it, feel free to ignore if not. It was just something I thought might be interesting to some of you.... I'm not sure how I would/will answer it myself yet.

So, anyhow my question is this.... If you knew for 100% fact that this family was reading here (and they were doing so with an open mind) and you could give them one piece of constructive criticism or advice, what would you say? As the old adage goes, you catch more bees with honey... So let's pretend, for the sake of an argument, that this family would be receptive to anything you say. But only if you present it in a kind way and not in a manner that could be considered confrontational. What would you say to them? :D
I would say please seek professional help for those eyebrows. I can’t take it. You must know there’s something wrong. Even just the Benefit Brow Bar. Please Neysa, if not for yourself, for us.
Moony
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Moony »

Mother’s Day vlog is probably the most boring one yet
Warning: Neysa can’t keep her fucking mouth closed while eating in the end of the video and it’s disgusting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

Snarkadoodle Doo wrote:So, I actually mod several threads here and a conversation came up tonight in one of them that made me think of a question to post to that thread. I thought it might be interesting to ask here too, since a very similar subject has come up in the last day or so here as well. Sorry to anyone that might be in any of my other threads as I have already asked it in one group, but may ask it in a few more. You might see this question again. Answer if you feel like it, feel free to ignore if not. It was just something I thought might be interesting to some of you.... I'm not sure how I would/will answer it myself yet.

So, anyhow my question is this.... If you knew for 100% fact that this family was reading here (and they were doing so with an open mind) and you could give them one piece of constructive criticism or advice, what would you say? As the old adage goes, you catch more bees with honey... So let's pretend, for the sake of an argument, that this family would be receptive to anything you say. But only if you present it in a kind way and not in a manner that could be considered confrontational. What would you say to them? :D
To be honest, I've made it my personal philosophy to assume that the families do read these forums on a regular basis and to only write comments I'd want them to read. I almost always do that, although I admit I sometimes slip up and say stuff I probably wouldn't right to their face! I just don't see the point in harping on about stuff that's nitpicky and superficial. That being said, I completely recognize that this is a gossip site and that I certainly do NOT hold the monopoly on ethics! And yeah, to answer the question, I would say that the homeschooling is probably my biggest concern. I understand the rationale behind wanting to have some control over what your children learn and that family is important and all of that, but it really takes a lot to be able to homeschool properly and with these 7 children at all different ages and needs I do not think that's doable. Going to school/making friends/getting a good education by qualified teachers is essential for securing a job but more importantly, perhaps, for being able to understand other people's realities and the general state of the world. Just my two cents.
bellen

Unread post by bellen »

I think this may be my first and only post as I lurk and read through on a few different moms.
Neysa, not all of your kids may benefit from homeschool. Please be open to allowing some of them to choose a brick and mortar school and that because they are individuals, homeschooling can work well for some but maybe not all. Also, I know you get a lot of comments regarding car safety. Please choose to keep those cute kids safe by using the current guidelines and laws on carseats. As a mom, I would hate to have one of my own injured in a collision. I bet you're a safe driver, but not everyone else on the roads pay attention. You could be involved in a collision that is entirely the fault of the other driver and if those babies are not secured safely even on a short trip, they could be seriously injured.
From your vlogs, I can see that you love your kids, so please truly think over the advice offered in the comments section of your vlogs.
dahell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by dahell »

I just want to add my quick 2cents. I’m all for whatever parents chose for schooling. But PLEASE do not use Neysa as a standard for how most home schooling is done. To each them own but I personally know so many home school families that have great kids. Exposed to many cultures and social classes. They have friends, both home schooled and not. I know many home school graduates who are successful in both college and in a career. I know some who aren’t. But that can be said of public, private too. I just hate that for some she may be the “portrait of home school”. There are bad but there are many good ones. I don’t watch many of her vlogs any more but it sounds like Neysa does...nothing?
Dramatic princess
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Dramatic princess »

Ok just going to throw this out there because it struck me odd. I remember way back neysa took the kids to a library. Claimed it was 100 bucks membership (uh huh) turned back and came home. Now I’m almost positive someone here made comments that they need to have outings. Fast forward, last week I made a comment about her area. And stated there was trails. So in today’s video. There she is driving to go to these trails. Gets off track for 7 miles ( uh huh) and now has to turn back cause it’s to late.........wtf.....first off she’s lieing I know the area she’s in (not giving info out) but the dashleys another you tuber also walk trails close by....second off how long did she expect to go on these trails? Because 7 miles off track is not hours missed.
This woman never takes the kids out. Jason takes them to the park, he has been taking them to the store. She is content in just staying at home not doing much. She is raising 7 future Walmart door greeters. Oh make that 5 door greeters two stay at home mothers.
Eclairsu
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Eclairsu »

She responded on that comment saying in homeschool they can take breaks and stuff. >.>; If she actually knew public school. You get holiday week breaks for Thanksgiving and Christmas. And you literally get a 2-3 month break for summer from public school. And if your kid really does need a recharge break from public school other than being sick. You can choose to take them out for a day or so, if they really need it that badly. As long as you let the school know, so they don't put you are ditching. It amazes me how much she doesn't understand public schooling yet hates it so much. Reminds me of when she took them out saying cause of school they couldn't do their chores or whatever. Which was another excuse. They were out by 3 or 4pm. They could easily do chores after that or even wait for the weekend. I don't know why she just won't admit she doesn't like public schooling cause she can't keep them by her apron strings as close. Cause her excuses aren't cutting it. >w<;
Snarkadoodle Doo
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Snarkadoodle Doo »

Dramatic princess wrote:Ok just going to throw this out there because it struck me odd. I remember way back neysa took the kids to a library. Claimed it was 100 bucks membership (uh huh) turned back and came home. Now I’m almost positive someone here made comments that they need to have outings. Fast forward, last week I made a comment about her area. And stated there was trails. So in today’s video. There she is driving to go to these trails. Gets off track for 7 miles ( uh huh) and now has to turn back cause it’s to late.........wtf.....first off she’s lieing I know the area she’s in (not giving info out) but the dashleys another you tuber also walk trails close by....second off how long did she expect to go on these trails? Because 7 miles off track is not hours missed.
This woman never takes the kids out. Jason takes them to the park, he has been taking them to the store. She is content in just staying at home not doing much. She is raising 7 future Walmart door greeters. Oh make that 5 door greeters two stay at home mothers.
I remember when that library vlog came out... I totally didn't believe that a library would have fees, especially not that high. So I found that library online to check because I didn't believe it. Low and behold, there was a fee. It was $100 for non town residents I think, and a lower fee for residents. I can't remember exactly what the fees were. I thought I had a screenshot, but I can't find it now. I'll have to see if I can find that again without rewatching a video, lol. Though I do agree that the kids need more stimulating activities. The older kids especially. I was glad to see Hanni was going ice skating with friends in today's vlog. I wish they had showed that. She was cute when she was in control of the camera, I think that would have been fun to see her doing something with friends.
:angel: RIP Mom 3/16/2019 - Cancer Sucks :angel:
Snarkadoodle Doo
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Snarkadoodle Doo wrote:
Dramatic princess wrote:Ok just going to throw this out there because it struck me odd. I remember way back neysa took the kids to a library. Claimed it was 100 bucks membership (uh huh) turned back and came home. Now I’m almost positive someone here made comments that they need to have outings. Fast forward, last week I made a comment about her area. And stated there was trails. So in today’s video. There she is driving to go to these trails. Gets off track for 7 miles ( uh huh) and now has to turn back cause it’s to late.........wtf.....first off she’s lieing I know the area she’s in (not giving info out) but the dashleys another you tuber also walk trails close by....second off how long did she expect to go on these trails? Because 7 miles off track is not hours missed.
I remember when that library vlog came out... I totally didn't believe that a library would have fees, especially not that high. So I found that library online to check because I didn't believe it. Low and behold, there was a fee. It was $100 for non town residents I think, and a lower fee for residents. I can't remember exactly what the fees were. I thought I had a screenshot, but I can't find it now. I'll have to see if I can find that again without rewatching a video, lol. Though I do agree that the kids need more stimulating activities. The older kids especially. I was glad to see Hanni was going ice skating with friends in today's vlog. I wish they had showed that. She was cute when she was in control of the camera, I think that would have been fun to see her doing something with friends.
Ok I was half right and half wrong, lol... That library is free for residents of two towns but has a fee for non residents. $50 for 6 months or $100 for a full year. I have no clue what town they actually live in, just that their po box is in Orem. If you know, please don't share (just gotta do my job here people, not saying I think any of you would actually ever do that hahaha). But you can have a po box anywhere. I had one in a different state for a little while after I moved out of sate before I got tired of driving an hour every so often to check it. I can't imagine there wasn't a library they could go to that was free. But I live two time zones away from Utah so I have no clue. LOL
image.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dramatic princess
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Dramatic princess »

Ohhhhhhhhhhh I found something juicy.......so I also went to find the library...now that I know their location. And up pops a site for the location. And the government site for libraries in that area.
Upon reading if anyone gets a library card from a neighboring town or any of the recreational passes you get a check back for 80 bucks. ( ok not that juicy but..). I also saw on the town website besides library cards garbage schedules (not that I clicked on those). But there was something that did catch my eye. It is the ordnance of that town you have a business license for any home based business. You also have to get a licence from Utah but get approved for this town as well....maybe that’s why she gave up selling home made clothes or Hanna’s sewed dog collars....I wonder if she has a business licence for her channels......
Eclairsu
Informer
Informer

Wow, she did better in today's vlog. She remembered to cover Cozi from the sun. Actually filmed the kids more than herself. And let them play with the neighbors even more afterwards. Not bad, not bad, I admit. >w<
Moony
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Moony »

I’m upset about that cat they “rescued”
Common sense is that a cat of that size didn’t just fall down the drain, it would be physically impossible. It probably just found a way down, and if it’s an outdoor cat it could do that constantly. The cat looked well fed and had a collar, now someone is going to think they’re cat is missing and have to go pay to get it out of the pound

Snarkadoodle Doo
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Eclairsu wrote:Wow, she did better in today's vlog. She remembered to cover Cozi from the sun. Actually filmed the kids more than herself. And let them play with the neighbors even more afterwards. Not bad, not bad, I admit. >w<
I thought so too, it was a nice change. And I really thought Shepherd was too cute for words today. He's probably one of the cutest kids on YouTube if you ask me.
Snarkadoodle Doo
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Moony wrote:I’m upset about that cat they “rescued”
Common sense is that a cat of that size didn’t just fall down the drain, it would be physically impossible. It probably just found a way down, and if it’s an outdoor cat it could do that constantly. The cat looked well fed and had a collar, now someone is going to think they’re cat is missing and have to go pay to get it out of the pound

The cat situation made me a bit sad. Obviously the kids and whatever adult they were with, it didn't look like Neysa to me but I could be wrong, we're just trying to do the best thing for that cat, but I was surprised that the sheriff just took the cat away like that. Mind you I do understand the cat was hurt and in need of medical attention, but hopefully someone thought to post a sign at the community mailboxes or something that would help the owner locate it. If it's not microchipped, the owner may never be able to track down where that cat ended up. In my town alone there are at least 5 vet clinics and even more shelters in the town and surrounding communities that strays are brought to.

I was also sad to think they might have left kittens down there. Obviously they can't send kids down there to look, but a sheriff should have done more than shine a flashlight down there to check. There is a reason that cat wanted to get back in there. If there were kittens left behing, they can die without their mama. I don't really blame the family for that though. But you could see what looked like a storm drain entrance across the field behind them. It was gated off, but the openings there looked big enough for a cat to fit through. Not sure why the sheriff wouldn't call a rescue or someone else that could go in and give it a better look.

For a vlog that was overall pretty decent today, that part made me sad.
lurkerthatposts
Informer
Informer

Unread post by lurkerthatposts »

Snarkadoodle Doo wrote:

The cat situation made me a bit sad. Obviously the kids and whatever adult they were with, it didn't look like Neysa to me but I could be wrong, we're just trying to do the best thing for that cat, but I was surprised that the sheriff just took the cat away like that. Mind you I do understand the cat was hurt and in need of medical attention, but hopefully someone thought to post a sign at the community mailboxes or something that would help the owner locate it. If it's not microchipped, the owner may never be able to track down where that cat ended up. In my town alone there are at least 5 vet clinics and even more shelters in the town and surrounding communities that strays are brought to.

I was also sad to think they might have left kittens down there. Obviously they can't send kids down there to look, but a sheriff should have done more than shine a flashlight down there to check. There is a reason that cat wanted to get back in there. If there were kittens left behing, they can die without their mama. I don't really blame the family for that though. But you could see what looked like a storm drain entrance across the field behind them. It was gated off, but the openings there looked big enough for a cat to fit through. Not sure why the sheriff wouldn't call a rescue or someone else that could go in and give it a better look.

I know that this is a gossip forum and we're supposed to be nit-picky but I really don't understand what the problem was with the cat? It had a collar with a name on it meaning it belonged to someone (and Shiloh claims he's seen her around). That being the case, the cat was probably stuck. There was probably another entrance or she fell through a gutter and got stuck. A similar thing happened with a friend's cat a long time ago, fell in through the gutter during a storm and was found in a grate and rescued by some neighbours. A local shelter would not charge anything for an owner to come collect their cat and they are normally very good at announcing they have found a cat and posting flyers/sending emails. A shelter's job is to help animals and their owners, not keep them apart.

Neysa was not there at any point in the video, Shiloh probably ran home to grab a camera after witnessing the first half of the scene. The woman in the video was probably the mother of the other kids around. Also, Shiloh did not just come up with the idea that there my be kittens. The sheriff would have mentioned this which is why he repeated it. If the sheriff knew, he would alert the shelter upon delivering the cat and they would definitely send out a search party to make sure. My family spent over a year fostering cats and kittens found in the street and they are very careful and considerate when finding an adult female cat who has hidden herself away. While kittens are a possibility, most shelters won't let you adopt a cat that isn't spayed. The fact that the cat has a collar means it was adopted from somewhere where it was most likely spayed before given away. It could be a cat from a breeder which means she could have kids (but how many people do you know buy their cats from breeders?). The most probable reason for the cat wanting to go back down is that she was scared of the cage and lights and strange people.

I honestly don't think the cat is in any harm, she's definitely better off than she was down in the gutter. I thought it was a really cute part of the vlog and Shiloh was very confident and happy with the good deed he did.
Snarkadoodle Doo
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lurkerthatposts wrote:
Snarkadoodle Doo wrote:

I know that this is a gossip forum and we're supposed to be nit-picky but I really don't understand what the problem was with the cat? It had a collar with a name on it meaning it belonged to someone (and Shiloh claims he's seen her around). That being the case, the cat was probably stuck. There was probably another entrance or she fell through a gutter and got stuck. A similar thing happened with a friend's cat a long time ago, fell in through the gutter during a storm and was found in a grate and rescued by some neighbours. A local shelter would not charge anything for an owner to come collect their cat and they are normally very good at announcing they have found a cat and posting flyers/sending emails. A shelter's job is to help animals and their owners, not keep them apart.

Neysa was not there at any point in the video, Shiloh probably ran home to grab a camera after witnessing the first half of the scene. The woman in the video was probably the mother of the other kids around. Also, Shiloh did not just come up with the idea that there my be kittens. The sheriff would have mentioned this which is why he repeated it. If the sheriff knew, he would alert the shelter upon delivering the cat and they would definitely send out a search party to make sure. My family spent over a year fostering cats and kittens found in the street and they are very careful and considerate when finding an adult female cat who has hidden herself away. While kittens are a possibility, most shelters won't let you adopt a cat that isn't spayed. The fact that the cat has a collar means it was adopted from somewhere where it was most likely spayed before given away. It could be a cat from a breeder which means she could have kids (but how many people do you know buy their cats from breeders?). The most probable reason for the cat wanting to go back down is that she was scared of the cage and lights and strange people.

I honestly don't think the cat is in any harm, she's definitely better off than she was down in the gutter. I thought it was a really cute part of the vlog and Shiloh was very confident and happy with the good deed he did.
I think you may be misunderstanding what we are trying to say. I know I wasn't (and I don't believe anyone else was either) blaming the family or Neysa specifically for what happened with the cat. In fact, my post literally says that I don't think it's he family's fault that the sheriff made the decision he made and also that the mom there didn't appear to be Neysa to me. I think I can speak for others, as well as myself, when I say that we also thought they were doing the best thing calling the sherif. And they probably were as they said it as hurt. I also acknowledged that in my post. Even if they did everything right, it doesn't mean I can't feel bad about a decision that was made by a police officer. i dont doubt that a rescue or shelter would try to find a cats rightful home, but if it's not chipped, the possibility does exist that they won't. Anyhow... I don't think anyone here is blaming the family at all. Hope that clears that up. :). Oh, also, I think that I should clarify that when I say "they" generally I am meaning the sheriff, not the Brandons. And I do agree that Shiloh seemed happy with what he did. Not saying they shouldn't be proud of him. My disappointment was with the authorities not him, his parents, or the other adults there.
Snarkadoodle Doo
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Sorry, that post was basically one long run on sentence. Hopefully it makes sense.
Bekkaz
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Bekkaz »

The trail they went on looked beautiful. Poor wee Shepherd though, he just wanted to join in with the big boys!
I'm surprised she look him out in those wee undie overalls things (which on him look cute!) and soft soled shoes. I'd have my kids in longer shorts and proper sneakers (I think trainers in USA?) or gumboots. Just for protection from branches, thorns and whatever else.

I agree that Shepherd is super cute! But he's 2. Give him time to be 4 and I'm sure he'll be just as annoying as Ebby can be lol

Jason or Neysa need to take Kiah shopping - he needs some larger sized teeshirts. His are getting rather short in the body. Makes him seem even skinnier than he is.
Snarkadoodle Doo
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Bekkaz wrote:The trail they went on looked beautiful. Poor wee Shepherd though, he just wanted to join in with the big boys!
I'm surprised she look him out in those wee undie overalls things (which on him look cute!) and soft soled shoes. I'd have my kids in longer shorts and proper sneakers (I think trainers in USA?) or gumboots. Just for protection from branches, thorns and whatever else.

I agree that Shepherd is super cute! But he's 2. Give him time to be 4 and I'm sure he'll be just as annoying as Ebby can be lol

Jason or Neysa need to take Kiah shopping - he needs some larger sized teeshirts. His are getting rather short in the body. Makes him seem even skinnier than he is.
It wasn't until Shepherd was wading in the little stream that I realized he had those little moccasin type shoes on. They really weren't wearing the right footwear for all that climbing, but I was glad to see them having so much fun. Oh I hope he doesn't turn into a whiner... He's so cute, I hate when the cute vlogger kids turn like that. Hahaha. Listening to him talking about wanting to follow the older boys up that big hill was just too much! I didn't notice Kai's clothes though, guess I didn't pay close enough attention to that.
Eclairsu
Informer
Informer

The clothes for the hike definitely weren't protective. >w<; But then it is Neysa and she'll never stop dressing them like that. >w<; Cause for most part she cares about looks more than comfort/protectiveness. -shrugs- >W<

Return to “A-H”