Grace for the Millers

mgal123
Wallflower
Wallflower

Re: Grace for the Millers

Unread post by mgal123 »

Glad to see they have Lincoln in school. and that the other kids are having their medical needs taken care of. They mentioned that one of the reasons they chose Nashville was because they are near the Vanderbilt medical centres. IMO its good to see how much they actually care about their kids.. unlike the Knorpps.

But of course Amanda and Stephen are in FLORIDA. Not like there is a pandemic going on or anything...
serengetination
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by serengetination »

Welp, looks like they're really running out of material to film. How come every video falls into one of these repeating categories?

1. Morning/night routines or day in the life as a mom/dad of 7 kids!
2. Grocery hauls/shopping for 7 kids!
3. House hunting/moving
4. Breaking quarantine guidelines to hang out with Youtubers
HeyKatie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by HeyKatie »

I’m new to the family, Lincoln can’t communicate at all right? Have they ever mentioned trying to teach him to sign?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SunnyV
Wallflower
Wallflower
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by SunnyV »

serengetination wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:48 am Welp, looks like they're really running out of material to film. How come every video falls into one of these repeating categories?

1. Morning/night routines or day in the life as a mom/dad of 7 kids!
2. Grocery hauls/shopping for 7 kids!
3. House hunting/moving
4. Breaking quarantine guidelines to hang out with Youtubers
Ugh with #4. What is it with these youtubers visiting other families??? OTOM went to the millers and then the millers went to that other family in the last vlog. Nobody is wearing masks, they are inside just mingling like it's pre-covid. Not sure what to make of it. Maybe since they all homeschool they are safer? Not mixing with the public as much? It was just a lot of people under one roof. Felt like a super spreader event, but I must say they all did fine. OTOM drove to FL and stayed their parents tiny condo with another family so they had 3 households under one roof which was about 20 people and they all did fine so who knows.
cinnamoroll

Unread post by cinnamoroll »

I have been watching their channel for quite some time and I think they’re a very sweet and genuine family. However, there are a few things that concern me.

1. It seems that Lincoln is favored over their other kids.

2. When they moved into their new house in TN, Keira wanted a certain bedroom because it had good lighting and Amanda told her “no, that room is for Lincoln”. I don’t know how it is behind the scenes but in many of their videos it seems like Keira is constantly ignored by her parents.

3. None of the kids have friends, except for Reese. I feel bad for Jude because he’s 15 and has no friends his age, same with Liam as he’s always playing Legos with his 7 year old brother Ethan.

4. Penelope mentioned she loved going to public school. Now she’s getting homeschooled and I think she’d be way better in a face-to-face environment where she can learn English better and make friends her own age.

5. Their disregard for the pandemic. They’re constantly going out on fun trips while COVID is still rampant. Also, Lincoln doesn’t wear a mask when they’re out in public at Target and other stores. Are they not afraid that he could catch it? Leave him at home if he’s unable to wear a mask...
tiredofmommydrama
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by tiredofmommydrama »

HeyKatie wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:08 am I’m new to the family, Lincoln can’t communicate at all right? Have they ever mentioned trying to teach him to sign?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ugh maybe like 2 years ago I know they mentioned they tried to teach him sign language but he wasn't taking to it much but he seems to have much better comprehension then he did back then. Also his movement on his left side is better as well. I definitely think they should be trying to teach it to him, at least a few signs. I have a cousin who is 5 and non verbal autistic but is able to communicate with sign language. I just think they don't put any effort into it and are just focused on waiting for him to speak.
tiredofmommydrama
Amateur
Amateur

cinnamoroll wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:04 am I have been watching their channel for quite some time and I think they’re a very sweet and genuine family. However, there are a few things that concern me.

1. It seems that Lincoln is favored over their other kids.

2. When they moved into their new house in TN, Keira wanted a certain bedroom because it had good lighting and Amanda told her “no, that room is for Lincoln”. I don’t know how it is behind the scenes but in many of their videos it seems like Keira is constantly ignored by her parents.

3. None of the kids have friends, except for Reese. I feel bad for Jude because he’s 15 and has no friends his age, same with Liam as he’s always playing Legos with his 7 year old brother Ethan.

4. Penelope mentioned she loved going to public school. Now she’s getting homeschooled and I think she’d be way better in a face-to-face environment where she can learn English better and make friends her own age.

5. Their disregard for the pandemic. They’re constantly going out on fun trips while COVID is still rampant. Also, Lincoln doesn’t wear a mask when they’re out in public at Target and other stores. Are they not afraid that he could catch it? Leave him at home if he’s unable to wear a mask...
honestly we're seeing Keira more now than we were before. When I first started watching their channel Keira was barely shown. She's really grown up quite a bit imo. I think she's shy

Yeah everybody here agrees with the no friends thing. They really need to put these kids in public school or extra curricular activities at the very least. Hopefully with COVID settling down they seriously consider this.
SunnyV
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by SunnyV »

I don't know if they favor Lincoln, I just think he needs them more. He can't do things for himself that a typically developing 6 year old would be able to do. He is definitely improving and trying to communicate more and walking more which is good because they will not be able to carry him much longer LOL. I am glad they are showing Keira more, she seems like a sweet girl.
serengetination
Amateur
Amateur

Keira and Jude are the sweetest. Jude is essentially another caretaker for Lincoln whether he wants to be or not. You can tell that having Lincoln around wears on the boys at least from their latest interview video where even Jude looks sort of over being hit by Lincoln a lot, Ethan mentions disliking being chased by Lincoln, and Jude and Liam note how Lincoln goes for doors while people are sleeping. While it's admirable for the Millers to have done what they have to help Lincoln, I feel bad for the rest of the kids having to bear some responsibility in helping take care of him so much.

On the point about the kids not having friends, totally agreed. It's really sad. Jude is second oldest and may very much want his independence soon, as evidenced by how Reese hasn't appeared in videos as often and is generally out and about doing her own thing. I wonder if Jude will be able to go do his own thing too. Keira mentioned in the interview video that she was starting her own channel next month. I hope it gives her an outlet to get some more positive attention in the same way Penelope has. As for Liam being best friends with a brother almost half his age, that sort of concerns me.
tiredofmommydrama
Amateur
Amateur

serengetination wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:27 am Keira and Jude are the sweetest. Jude is essentially another caretaker for Lincoln whether he wants to be or not. You can tell that having Lincoln around wears on the boys at least from their latest interview video where even Jude looks sort of over being hit by Lincoln a lot, Ethan mentions disliking being chased by Lincoln, and Jude and Liam note how Lincoln goes for doors while people are sleeping. While it's admirable for the Millers to have done what they have to help Lincoln, I feel bad for the rest of the kids having to bear some responsibility in helping take care of him so much.

On the point about the kids not having friends, totally agreed. It's really sad. Jude is second oldest and may very much want his independence soon, as evidenced by how Reese hasn't appeared in videos as often and is generally out and about doing her own thing. I wonder if Jude will be able to go do his own thing too. Keira mentioned in the interview video that she was starting her own channel next month. I hope it gives her an outlet to get some more positive attention in the same way Penelope has. As for Liam being best friends with a brother almost half his age, that sort of concerns me.
Jude is actually younger than Penelope and Keira. Penelope is 15 and Jude and Keira are both 14. Keira is a few months older than Jude. He's grown pretty tall recently lol. I agree that I feel since the boys are younger he's always grouped with them but it's clear he's kinda outgrown them.
Bobthedog
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Bobthedog »

I used to watch them often but they started to grate on me, Steven always trying to sound all hyper and over the top and Amanda just doing that sappy Disney style voice when she thinks she is interpreting what Lincoln might have wanted to say, the kids have been adopted and brought here and yes they have a decent life but they also need to take part in the communities that they live in and not be closeted away in that Christian home school bubble.
mgal123
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by mgal123 »

Stephen and Liam are flying to Niagara... these people just don't get it. The pandemic isn't over!!!
Blabla_pro
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Blabla_pro »

mgal123 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:27 am Stephen and Liam are flying to Niagara... these people just don't get it. The pandemic isn't over!!!
Not only they went, but they filmed, posted and monetized 🙄
Bobthedog
Talker
Talker

Ffs it really annoys me that people’s you tube channels come before public safety
Bobthedog
Talker
Talker

Ffs it really annoys me that people’s you tube channels come before public safety
Bobthedog
Talker
Talker

I can’t stand the way they all just compete with each other for camera time, they rarely look at each other when they are speaking they just look in the camera ...sad
serengetination
Amateur
Amateur

Anyone been keeping up with them lately?
AppleLily
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by AppleLily »

They're alright. I get the impression that one or two of the kids aren't overly happy about being recorded and put online but they seem to respect privacy somewhat.

Not a fan of their disregard of Covid, they seemed alright at first but have recently been going on many vacations and having huge gatherings and things like that.

Wonder how they afford their lifestyle with both adults who never seem to be working. Surely they can't afford so much on just 800k subs?
Beebee405
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Beebee405 »

AppleLily wrote:
Wonder how they afford their lifestyle with both adults who never seem to be working. Surely they can't afford so much on just 800k subs?

No one seems to work. These lazy f’s. And pS- I stand by the husband has super gay vibes
Caseysho
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Caseysho »

Interesting reading the comments here. My husband and I have known the Millers for a while from Dallas, where Stephen was the worship leader at our church. The truth about the Millers is both better and worse than the speculation here.
The good is the Stephen and Amanda are both solid Christian people who love God and love others. Stephen is (or at least was) a student of the bible, and they really love their kids!
The bad - Stephen is one of those people that is just born to self-promote, and it has rubbed off on Amanda and the family. And its at odds with his work serving the church. Amanda didn't use to be that way, but I think things have changed.

You've met people like this before; they sort of feel like the world owes them a living, based basically on how awesome they feel they are. "God's gift to the world", as it were. And its so ingrained, its not even about ego or narcicism, it just "how things are". Its the mental disease every social media " influencer" has, lol.
After they left the Dallas, I heard some talk - bottom line, Stephen's innate need to self promote eventually ran afoul of the church's ministry values. Stephen has always wanted to be a performing artist. I'm sure if he were in a non-Christian band touring and making tons of money with adoring fans, he would finally be happy. But it's never worked out that way...so doing it in a church is the fallback. Its a weekly gig, get paid good money and you get to perform in front of a lot of people. Next best thing to being a rock star, I guess, lol.

Thing is, its never been enough, and I think Stephen has tried to take advantage of the churches he works for, using them to promote his solo career, fund his band, sell his CD's and online music, build his own "brand", etc. Unfortunately, that's just not what serving at a church is about, and the relationship between he and the church went south. My understanding is that this has been the story in past churches as well. I don't think the partings have gone well, which is why they move, I guess.

So I suppose he finally found his calling - and the world is giving him a living for just being himself! I can't watch the videos, though - they seem so forced and "market driven", its not like the family we met at Prestonwood. I can't imagine anything worse than the idea of thinking every day, "How do I sell myself and my family to the world today?? Which family member do I exploit today to make the most $$$?"
But to some people, thats just the way they are born to think, anyway. Might as well make money from it. I guess I'm glad he's taking money from the world and not the church.

Return to “A-H”