Ballinger Family. Part 1

Smileykt89
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ballinger Family. Part 1

Unread post by Smileykt89 »

Thoughts and feelings on their Kay jewelers ad?

I love how they were choosing between two really expensive necklaces in the store and then end up with a much lower cost heart.
fingusername
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by fingusername »

Could someone please tell her to brush her hair, and that lipstick looks stupid.
just_me
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by just_me »

Smileykt89 wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:54 pm Thoughts and feelings on their Kay jewelers ad?

I love how they were choosing between two really expensive necklaces in the store and then end up with a much lower cost heart.
I thought it was an ok video/ad. It didn't seem excessively like a sponsored video either. The expensive necklaces they showed have been what Kay themselves have been advertising in their commercials so it makes sense that had to be shown in the Ballingers video.
Hallie Derosa
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Hallie Derosa »

Did anyone notice that Jacob got more mature gifts for his tenth birthday than Bailey got for her twelfth birthday
CottonCandySky
Talker
Talker

Unread post by CottonCandySky »

Hallie Derosa wrote:Did anyone notice that Jacob got more mature gifts for his tenth birthday than Bailey got for her twelfth birthday
Yes, it’s like they don’t want her to grow up. I feel so sorry for that poor child, they set her up for failure in the socializing department.
Hallie Derosa
Talker
Talker

[/quote]
Yes, it’s like they don’t want her to grow up. I feel so sorry for that poor child, they set her up for failure in the socializing department.
[/quote]

Even at Christmas she got childish gifts.My 7 year old would have liked those gifts so would my 4 year old my 10 year old daughter would have freaked if she got the gifts Bailey got. She asked me if Bailey was normal. I told her yes that some kids just dont grow up fast.
My daughter loves Lego and video games she builds Lego 14+ she does like build a bear but isn't into dolls or much girly things.
Why Wouldn't you want your daughter to grow up and be more mature?
Is Parker Transgender? I cant figure that kid out. my sons think girly stuff is yucky and wont even go near the girl isle they like cars and trucks and Hot wheels
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

On the Parker question, there's some debate about how much of it is his innate nature, and how much he does because he gets rewarded with attention for acting as flamboyantly as he does. And Jessica made some snarky response to a question about the way he dresses and acts saying that you wouldn't discourage your daughter from playing cop or firefighter. But the difference is that those are career choices, not dressing up like Jojo Siwa.
I don't have an issue with the way he dresses and acts. I have an issue with his parents posting it on public sites for money. He's way too little to know how many people see those pictures and videos. When he grows up, he may feel differently. And while we all have cringey moments from our childhood, most of ours aren't on public websites making money for mom and dad.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

imoverit
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by imoverit »

I think it's pointless and cruel to speculate about Parker, or the sexuality/gender identity of any child so young. While I don't agree with blasting it all over the internet, I do agree with the way Chris and Jessica encourage their kids to like whatever they want to like. I think it's horrible and strange the way that a lot of boys think girl things are "yucky" or avoid them -- what a gross and toxic trait of society (not blaming individual kids, it's literally what society makes children think). How sad that so many parents restrict what toys their kids play with because of their gender, either directly or indirectly without even meaning to.
In the past Parker has been obviously upset about anyone possibly thinking he's a girl, so clearly he has already noticed a negative reaction from people for him just being who he is, which is sad.
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by DoodleBop2 »

I went back to check and I had similar feelings in December of 2018 [!!] that this family makes things a bigger deal than they are. They latch on to any little thing and make it a topic of discussion in the vlogs, can we make merch about it etc. The kids aren't allowed to be. So we have no way of knowing what would have developed and fallen away naturally and what would have stayed a long term interest\trait. We also don't know how much of it is edited or even outright scripted.

YouTube kids are in this weird space where they're expected to grow up super quickly[and discuss secondary sexual characteristics on the blog CONTENT] yet also people don't want them to change so they become these overgrown toddlers like JoJo. Sorry, this isn't TV and only Bart Simpson can be in the 4th grade for 30 years..

As for gender -- a lot of it wouldn't even faze most people if there wasn't just rigid ideas on what is for boys and girls. The viewers, as well as the parents, need to calm down...oh he did a thing that's on the girl list he's GAY. I'm not even one of those parents who try to raise my kids without gender but dance, star wars, art, glitter, pink...none of that has ever had a gender.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Sorry if it seemed as though I was speculating on his sexuality. What I (and others) speculate about is how much of his behavior is innate and how much is staged/encouraged by Chris and Jessica, even if it's not conscious on their part. He gets attention for acting the way he does. And that changes things. By filming it and making a point of posting pictures of him dressed like Jojo on public websites, they're drawing attention to it; which is different from just allowing him to dress as he pleases and play with the toys he finds interesting. They get lots of engagement on the pictures of Parker.
That's all I was trying to say.

DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by DoodleBop2 »

lmmomSD wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:35 pm Sorry if it seemed as though I was speculating on his sexuality. What I (and others) speculate about is how much of his behavior is innate and how much is staged/encouraged by Chris and Jessica, even if it's not conscious on their part. He gets attention for acting the way he does. And that changes things. By filming it and making a point of posting pictures of him dressed like Jojo on public websites, they're drawing attention to it; which is different from just allowing him to dress as he pleases and play with the toys he finds interesting. They get lots of engagement on the pictures of Parker.
That's all I was trying to say.

I was agreeing with you all. The parents are the worst. They feed into any sort of speculation because it brings in views. Not as awful as their we didn't realize the kids doing the splits in the thumbnail got lots of perv views but yeah they encourage a lot.
freeingjulia
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by freeingjulia »

ok so for the MOST part I like this family. but this house tour video.. first in instagram she went on about how she was vulnerable and to be nice. I'm sorry but don't be on the internet if you want everyone to be nice. Secondly, in the actual video the first chunk was just her repeating that her house has flaws and don't judge her, don't say anything mean, blah blah blah. Again, get off the internet then.. you're in the wrong place for everyone to sugar coat and be nice to you.
Lastly, this was just a "look at how much money we have" video, money was talked about WAY too much in this video.
I haven't judged them much (except for their carseat use. but I'm not getting started there) but i'm judging this video hard because she set herself up for it so much.
freeingjulia
Amateur
Amateur

ok so, It's clear they're loaded. Look at their view counts, subscribers, etc. Their house, their trips.. everything. Their house SCREAMS money, and yet everything is completely trashed. Their house is absolutely disgusting.
Hallie Derosa
Talker
Talker

why are Jacob/ Duncan sharing a room?
and Bailey/Parker
it should be bailey/Jacob
Parker/ Duncan
maybe its Parker because he is a bit girly
their house is a mess i have 3 kids but everything has a spot and i dont keep things when the kids have out grown if its good it goes to family or friends that need clothes. I cant belive the clutter of the shoes and everything t
CottonCandySky
Talker
Talker

What is up with those eyelashes? Gosh they annoy me to the point that I want to rip them all out.
CottonCandySky
Talker
Talker

I just finished the house tour video. What even was that? Constantly saying how expensive things are to fix? Like they don’t have the money for it. Sounds like Jessica was just making excuses why their house looks so unorganized, because everything is “so expensive”. They have so much stuff, so unnecessary. No wonder their house is a mess.
Smileykt89
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Smileykt89 »

Where are y’all getting they’re rich? They live in California which is super expensive. Neither of them have jobs. They have five kids, one with medical needs.

I don’t get why they don’t just paint those spots themselves and Christopher is pretty handy, couldn’t he DIY a lot of their complaints?

It kind of seemed like she was fishing for a sponsor to do home organization or something.

Also, the room arrangements are weird. Why don’t they get rid of that hoarder office and make that a room for bailey?
freeingjulia
Amateur
Amateur

Smileykt89 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:16 pm Where are y’all getting they’re rich? They live in California which is super expensive. Neither of them have jobs. They have five kids, one with medical needs.

I don’t get why they don’t just paint those spots themselves and Christopher is pretty handy, couldn’t he DIY a lot of their complaints?

It kind of seemed like she was fishing for a sponsor to do home organization or something.

Also, the room arrangements are weird. Why don’t they get rid of that hoarder office and make that a room for bailey?
They aren't hurting for cash. Social blade median is 100k+ a year. They are living in an almost 1million $ house. I get california is expensive, they do have jobs. It's youtube, plus whatever ad revenue they get and everything else. They are not hurting for money, but Jessica spends money on lipstick instead of very simple upgrades for their house. I don't know why she felt the need to give prices for everything.
MelE
Informer
Informer

Unread post by MelE »

Yeah idk my dad made around 100k while raising 4 kids not too far from the Ballingers and we did not feel rich. I actually thing Jessica was being sincere when talking about upgrades that they can’t afford.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

Hallie Derosa wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:59 pm why are Jacob/ Duncan sharing a room?
and Bailey/Parker
it should be bailey/Jacob
Parker/ Duncan
maybe its Parker because he is a bit girly
their house is a mess i have 3 kids but everything has a spot and i dont keep things when the kids have out grown if its good it goes to family or friends that need clothes. I cant belive the clutter of the shoes and everything t
I don't get that either. It also seemed like Luke's room was bigger than the rooms that are shared between two kids, but maybe that's just because there are no bunk beds in it. It should really be Bailey in her own room, then Jacob/Parker and Duncan/Luke or however they want to split the boys up.

I have no idea how Jessica or Chris seem to get so much personal/alone time. I guess the kids just look after themselves most of the time.

Return to “A-H”