Ballinger Family. Part 1

Toodles123
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Ballinger Family. Part 1

Unread post by Toodles123 »

This thread is dedicated to Colleen Ballingers Brother Christopher, Jessica and her kids Jacob, Bailey, Parker and Duncan. Christopher and family worked with Colleen on the Miranda Sings Shows and her Netflix Show Haters Back Off. They also wrote a book together.

How does everyone find them?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
herebcofbritney
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ballinger Family. Part 1

Unread post by herebcofbritney »

Following.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I'm torn. Overall, I think they are one of the nicest, least self obsessed families on YT. But they have their family on YT which is kind of messed up all on its own.. And they collab with some pretty exploitive families-- the Weiss Life, Daily Bumps, JoJo Siwa, etc.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Toodles123
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Does anyone find it weird that the kids especially Parker has to put on a show every family function? Like during everything that they have going on there is the kids going crazy preforming especially with other adults and what not.

kgiff77
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kgiff77 »

Toodles123 wrote:Does anyone find it weird that the kids especially Parker has to put on a show every family function? Like during everything that they have going on there is the kids going crazy preforming especially with other adults and what not.

My cousins and I used to do this. We’d organize plays and sketches and gymnastics routines. I don’t find it too uncommon for kids to do so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LexiRae
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by LexiRae »

Toodles123 wrote:This thread is dedicated to Colleen Ballingers Brother Christopher, Jessica and her kids Jacob, Bailey, Parker and Duncan. Christopher and family worked with Colleen on the Miranda Sings Shows and her Netflix Show Haters Back Off. They also wrote a book together.

I really dislike how they push Parker to be gay.. he’s too young to be doing things like stripping, makeup, and cross dressing. If he is doing these things they sure as hell shouldn’t be exploited on YouTube for the world to see! When he’s older he’s going to be so embarrassed.

sssabrina
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sssabrina »

The kids are sweet but their parents are exploitative and entitled. They’ve highly trained those kids on how to ham it up for the camera, and it makes me sad for them that they aren’t able to be authentic. It’s interesting to see how often Jess is constantly getting on to Parker (and the other kids too) on live streams that she can’t edit. On today’s you could hear him whisper for her to tell the camera that he wasn’t there. She made it a big joke and let people ask him questions anyway.

Jess also said that they’re trying for another baby.
Toodles123
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

sssabrina wrote:The kids are sweet but their parents are exploitative and entitled. They’ve highly trained those kids on how to ham it up for the camera, and it makes me sad for them that they aren’t able to be authentic. It’s interesting to see how often Jess is constantly getting on to Parker (and the other kids too) on live streams that she can’t edit. On today’s you could hear him whisper for her to tell the camera that he wasn’t there. She made it a big joke and let people ask him questions anyway.

Jess also said that they’re trying for another baby.
Maybe jealous that Colleen is getting the views and a new baby is good views.

Snarkadoodle Doo
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Snarkadoodle Doo »

Toodles123 wrote:Does anyone find it weird that the kids especially Parker has to put on a show every family function? Like during everything that they have going on there is the kids going crazy preforming especially with other adults and what not.

i think it's pretty normal for kids who don't grow up with a lot of electronics and social media influences. My siblings and I did it, my own children did it. But YouTubers kids almost never do it. They're too busy playing with whatever big toy mom and dad bought them that day.

:angel: RIP Mom 3/16/2019 - Cancer Sucks :angel:
Snarkadoodle Doo
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

LexiRae wrote:
Toodles123 wrote:This thread is dedicated to Colleen Ballingers Brother Christopher, Jessica and her kids Jacob, Bailey, Parker and Duncan. Christopher and family worked with Colleen on the Miranda Sings Shows and her Netflix Show Haters Back Off. They also wrote a book together.

I really dislike how they push Parker to be gay.. he’s too young to be doing things like stripping, makeup, and cross dressing. If he is doing these things they sure as hell shouldn’t be exploited on YouTube for the world to see! When he’s older he’s going to be so embarrassed.

Well, I think our opinions will vary on this, so don't hate me, lol. I mean this with much respect. I have never shared this here before but I have a 21 year old gay son. I knew without a doubt he would be gay from pretty much the second he could walk and talk at the same time. Younger than Parker. I also have other kids and several nephews. You can't and don't push someone to be gay. It's just who they are. Parker may grow up and decide he's not. I don't know, I've got no clue how he is outside the vlogs. But I personally think Chris and Jessica are amazing parents for letting him explore his gender identity without fear of judgement or shame. I wish every person could do that. It would make a lot of moms sleep better at night.

LexiRae
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by LexiRae »

Snarkadoodle Doo wrote:
LexiRae wrote:

Well, I think our opinions will vary on this, so don't hate me, lol. I mean this with much respect. I have never shared this here before but I have a 21 year old gay son. I knew without a doubt he would be gay from pretty much the second he could walk and talk at the same time. Younger than Parker. I also have other kids and several nephews. You can't and don't push someone to be gay. It's just who they are. Parker may grow up and decide he's not. I don't know, I've got no clue how he is outside the vlogs. But I personally think Chris and Jessica are amazing parents for letting him explore his gender identity without fear of judgement or shame. I wish every person could do that. It would make a lot of moms sleep better at night.

I think it’s great that you love and accept your son for who he is! I am in no way against letting people explore who they are and not shame them for it, but putting it in the vlogs comes across as not being from a good place and a bit exploitative. I knew somebody was going to disagree with me about this but back when I was a kid there was none of that cross dressing in children, the parents just didn’t allow it so it’s new to me. I’m very young so still young enough to be open minded about it but like I said it’s the fact they show him acting this way on the internet, when he may grow up and be 100% straight

SouthernBella
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by SouthernBella »

Does anyone else here think Chris seems super gay?
sssabrina
Talker
Talker

The way Parker acts has absolutely nothing to do with sexuality. He’s 5. I’m not a huge fan of Jessica for other reasons but that’s one thing she does right is not forcing unncessary and unnatural hyper masculinity on a 5 year old. He’s just dressing up and imitating the parts of the world around him that he enjoys.
Snarkadoodle Doo
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

sssabrina wrote:The way Parker acts has absolutely nothing to do with sexuality. He’s 5. I’m not a huge fan of Jessica for other reasons but that’s one thing she does right is not forcing unncessary and unnatural hyper masculinity on a 5 year old. He’s just dressing up and imitating the parts of the world around him that he enjoys.
You said that far better than I could in my exhausted state. Thank you, great post.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Snarkadoodle Doo wrote:
LexiRae wrote:

I'm with you on this. If he's gay, he was born that way. They're great to let him explore and not be enforcing strict gender roles on him.
Or he could just be a theatrical, dramatic kid who likes to play with make up and dress up. Either way, my problem is with them filming it and making it public for money. That song and dance he did in Paris was "cute" for about five seconds, but they filmed the whole thing and put it in the vlog. By the time it was done, so was I.
These kids can't consent. And I don't think they really understand how many people see them.
But. I do like that they take the kids camping, and DO things with them. Those kids aren't parked in front of a screen watching Disney movies all day (cough cough Daily Bumps)
So like I said, I'm torn.

Snarkadoodle Doo
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:
Snarkadoodle Doo wrote:
LexiRae wrote:

I'm with you on this. If he's gay, he was born that way. They're great to let him explore and not be enforcing strict gender roles on him.
Or he could just be a theatrical, dramatic kid who likes to play with make up and dress up. Either way, my problem is with them filming it and making it public for money. That song and dance he did in Paris was "cute" for about five seconds, but they filmed the whole thing and put it in the vlog. By the time it was done, so was I.
These kids can't consent. And I don't think they really understand how many people see them.
But. I do like that they take the kids camping, and DO things with them. Those kids aren't parked in front of a screen watching Disney movies all day (cough cough Daily Bumps)
So like I said, I'm torn.

While I think they are probably one of the last people I'd complain much about, they've definitely changed over the years. My kids are threater kids, so they discovered "Auntie Panties" several years before modern pop culture did. We've known of these guys pretty much from the beginning. But they are a lot different now than they used to be. I love that they support their kids in doing whatever activities they like best, and they dont get a lot of screen time. But there are a few videos of the kids collaborating with other kids. Its shocking to me to compare Bailey with Hailey from Brataley. They are the same age, but because Hailey is the youngest (with a MUCH more in your face, show offish family) and Bailey is the oldeat and not in one (in comparison at least), they are sooo different!

But I'm glad they don't vlog as much as they used to anymore. Because something really changed during the time of Haters Back Off. I cant pinpoint when or why, but they don't really come across as sweet and humble anymore. And their vlogs feel fake most of the time. Filming a month or so ahead of time doesn't help either. Usually we've already seen i tseveral places before they ever post it.

sssabrina
Talker
Talker

Starting at 6:30 in this video, you can kinda get a little glimpse of what a stage mom Jessica is with the kids in the videos. Poor little Bailey is freaking adorable here by the way. She micromanages them to display the perfect well behaved attitudes and the tone she uses is always so exasperated at them for not being the perfect little dancing monkeys. Entertaining and interacting with the viewers is 100% a job for them and I hope their parents are putting their money away accordingly (I highly doubt it but we can only dream).
Snarkadoodle Doo
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

sssabrina wrote:Starting at 6:30 in this video, you can kinda get a little glimpse of what a stage mom Jessica is with the kids in the videos. Poor little Bailey is freaking adorable here by the way. She micromanages them to display the perfect well behaved attitudes and the tone she uses is always so exasperated at them for not being the perfect little dancing monkeys. Entertaining and interacting with the viewers is 100% a job for them and I hope their parents are putting their money away accordingly (I highly doubt it but we can only dream).
That's one of my favorite videos of her (Bailey) because thats so real life haha. They used to seem a lot more down to earth and real didnt they?

jellybean
Informer
Informer

Unread post by jellybean »

Jessica’s niceness on camera seems very contrived. She does seem entitled based off a few incidents over the years, including one where she pitched a whole fit over not receiving free tickets to some theme park. She can be weird and kinda mean with the kids sometimes too like the time when Bailey and Jacob were over the moon excited to come along to a late night pizza parlor trip in NYC and then when they got there she wouldn’t let them have any food.

Chris on the other hand actually seems genuinely nice. I’ve always liked him for the most part. He’s laid back and funny, seems great with the kids and has never really done anything bothersome that I know of.
Snarkadoodle Doo
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

jellybean wrote:Jessica’s niceness on camera seems very contrived. She does seem entitled based off a few incidents over the years, including one where she pitched a whole fit over not receiving free tickets to some theme park. She can be weird and kinda mean with the kids sometimes too like the time when Bailey and Jacob were over the moon excited to come along to a late night pizza parlor trip in NYC and then when they got there she wouldn’t let them have any food.

Chris on the other hand actually seems genuinely nice. I’ve always liked him for the most part. He’s laid back and funny, seems great with the kids and has never really done anything bothersome that I know of.
I'm pretty sure that was Jacob's birthday, 2 (maybe 3) years ago. They were mad Disney didnt gift them a free trip (tickets and hotel stay) to Disneyland. They ended up getting a deal worked out with another theme park instead. Maybe Universal? Legoland? Now im curious so I need to find it haha.

Return to “A-H”