Aspyn Ovard

thealesc
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Aspyn Ovard

Unread post by thealesc »

I’m lowkey hoping she’ll have a boy. I just wanna see the reaction. But knowing the fact these youtubers seem to always get what they want, I’m 100% sure she’s having a girl haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by soul_in_a_earthsuit »

That gender prediction video was a crap show. Aspyn was SO adamant about it being a girl and parker about it being a boy—i wonder if hes so adamant about it bc he doesnt want asspyn to get her way for once or if hes just as obsessed about the gender as she is

soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by soul_in_a_earthsuit »

thealesc wrote:I’m lowkey hoping she’ll have a boy. I just wanna see the reaction. But knowing the fact these youtubers seem to always get what they want, I’m 100% sure she’s having a girl haha.

Yeah but imagine that poor boy. Aspyn will cast him away and be so disappointed and will not hide it

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

I think I’ve been watching too much YouTube, because based on all of these YouTube pregnancies I assumed getting the cell-free fetal DNA screening was the norm now. Now that I’m pregnant I’m realizing insurance usually does not cover it if you are not high risk and under the age of 35. I’ve noticed a lot of YouTubers seem to get their start talking about infertility or pregnancy loss, so that might explain in part why it seems more YouTube couples get the extra testing done. I also feel like it's become a "thing" for people with a lot of disposable income, but I can't think of any other young couples I know IRL who had it done. I’ve read that you can usually negotiate it down with the clinic to a few hundred for the screening. Still, that seems like a lot of money if you are not high risk for the chromosomal abnormalities that the test screens for, which are usually rare to begin with at that age group. I do wonder how much of this is just to find out the gender unusually early. Anyways, I’m going back and forth on whether or not it’s worth the peace of mind to pay out of pocket, but watching YouTube definitely skewed my expectations for how common this testing was for young mothers.
chubbybunny
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by chubbybunny »

part of me is happy for them because i know how it feels to want a baby really bad, but i have struggled with infertility for four years & now have to do ivf, whereas she tracked her cycles for 6 months or less and it worked. part of me also thinks this baby will just make their channel clickbait central . it seems to have gotten that way already. i also think she really just wants a baby for the instagram esthetic and i dont think they understand how much time/energy/etc is put into raising a child. but time will tell.
snagglesnoogle
Informer
Informer

Unread post by snagglesnoogle »

HashtagBlessed wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:12 am I think I’ve been watching too much YouTube, because based on all of these YouTube pregnancies I assumed getting the cell-free fetal DNA screening was the norm now. Now that I’m pregnant I’m realizing insurance usually does not cover it if you are not high risk and under the age of 35. I’ve noticed a lot of YouTubers seem to get their start talking about infertility or pregnancy loss, so that might explain in part why it seems more YouTube couples get the extra testing done. I also feel like it's become a "thing" for people with a lot of disposable income, but I can't think of any other young couples I know IRL who had it done. I’ve read that you can usually negotiate it down with the clinic to a few hundred for the screening. Still, that seems like a lot of money if you are not high risk for the chromosomal abnormalities that the test screens for, which are usually rare to begin with at that age group. I do wonder how much of this is just to find out the gender unusually early. Anyways, I’m going back and forth on whether or not it’s worth the peace of mind to pay out of pocket, but watching YouTube definitely skewed my expectations for how common this testing was for young mothers.
My midwife offered me the testing when I was pregnant with my daughter, I was 28 at the time. They told me if insurance didn't cover it the max I would be charged is $99. My insurance ended up covering all of it, if you're interested in doing it I would check with your insurance and/or see what the max charge will be. In my opinion it was worth it - it was fun to find out the gender at 10 weeks but you can do that now with Sneak Peek, but I felt that it was a relief to know everything with the baby was going well too - just remember that it isn't a diagnosis if something is abnormal just an indication for further testing. If you don't do genetic testing you usually do an ultrasound around 12-13 weeks for the Nuchal Scan which can indicate down syndrome. I think that common for everyone if you don't do genetic testing. Congrats on your baby!
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

HashtagBlessed wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:12 am I think I’ve been watching too much YouTube, because based on all of these YouTube pregnancies I assumed getting the cell-free fetal DNA screening was the norm now. Now that I’m pregnant I’m realizing insurance usually does not cover it if you are not high risk and under the age of 35. I’ve noticed a lot of YouTubers seem to get their start talking about infertility or pregnancy loss, so that might explain in part why it seems more YouTube couples get the extra testing done. I also feel like it's become a "thing" for people with a lot of disposable income, but I can't think of any other young couples I know IRL who had it done. I’ve read that you can usually negotiate it down with the clinic to a few hundred for the screening. Still, that seems like a lot of money if you are not high risk for the chromosomal abnormalities that the test screens for, which are usually rare to begin with at that age group. I do wonder how much of this is just to find out the gender unusually early. Anyways, I’m going back and forth on whether or not it’s worth the peace of mind to pay out of pocket, but watching YouTube definitely skewed my expectations for how common this testing was for young mothers.
We were never offered testing to find out the sex. I did get two blood tests that tested for chromosomal abnormalities, however: one that tested for markers of Down Syndrome and one that tested for markers of neural tube defects. They were both almost entirely covered by insurance. I feel like the screening that also detects the sex would largely overlap with these and probably cost a lot out of pocket, although I'm not sure what the difference is besides testing for sex. I think it also makes the anatomy scan more fun when you also find out the sex (if you're finding out before the baby is born), because you don't already know beforehand.
tippytip7
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by tippytip7 »

Not one emotion out of aspyn during "telling our friends we are pregnant". I feel like the ONLY time she will be emotional is when she tells her mom, that's it.
sweetlace
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sweetlace »

tippytip7 wrote:someone on a facebook page i follow claims they know someone on her management and said she’s having a girl
Omg are you a toaster!?!?

arizona87
Talker
Talker

Unread post by arizona87 »

tippytip7 wrote:Not one emotion out of aspyn during "telling our friends we are pregnant". I feel like the ONLY time she will be emotional is when she tells her mom, that's it.
I’m honestly shocked she waited until 8 weeks to tell her mom. I thought because they were so close she would go to her FIRST, potentially even before she told Parker.

Hound11
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Hound11 »

I’ve only seen a bit of them. Are they super immature? That’s how they strike me

snagglesnoogle
Informer
Informer

Unread post by snagglesnoogle »

fossilfinger wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:59 pm
We were never offered testing to find out the sex. I did get two blood tests that tested for chromosomal abnormalities, however: one that tested for markers of Down Syndrome and one that tested for markers of neural tube defects. They were both almost entirely covered by insurance. I feel like the screening that also detects the sex would largely overlap with these and probably cost a lot out of pocket, although I'm not sure what the difference is besides testing for sex. I think it also makes the anatomy scan more fun when you also find out the sex (if you're finding out before the baby is born), because you don't already know beforehand.
The part of the genetic testing that tells you the gender of the baby is when they test for sex chromosomes aneuploidy such as Turner Syndrome and Klinefelter Syndrome - it isn't been done to explicitly test for the gender of the baby. It's just another set of genetic testing such as the two blood testing that you discussed, you just get the "bonus" of finding out the gender. You can choose to opt out and not find the gender, but there is no additional cost to find out since it's part of the genetic testing. When I had my genetic testing it screens for down syndrome, neural tube defects and other chromosomal abnormalities - then from there you would do further testing if indicated.

I do feel like the purpose of genetic testing gets lost on the YouTubers and that they get the test simply to find out the sex of the baby, I would personally do it even if I didn't find out the sex of the baby just for security purposes. They get there results back and say "we got back our genetic testing and its a girl/boy ..." then if they remember as an after thought they mention if the other screening came back normal, its like they completely miss the point of the testing.
Ljs
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Ljs »

I kind of understand splitting the videos up between friends and family but did they really have to split up videos between her family and his? Kind of strange to me.
chubbybunny
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by chubbybunny »

Hound11 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:27 pm I’ve only seen a bit of them. Are they super immature? That’s how they strike me

i dont really watch them that much to know all there is to know about them, but overall (from what ive seen) they do seem really immature about most things in life. they're very young so their proprieties are probably ranked differently than someone older than they are. they seem to blow a lot of money on random things, go on a lot of trips, etc. im sure most of them are sponsored and paid for ? idk.. but to each their own, i guess. they seem to be very materialistic in terms of what they think they need versus what they really need. it also seems like they have no clue what having a baby really entails. because they're obviously very materialistic, they're wanting a baby for Instagram likes and youtube views. im sure they'll use everything pregnancy and baby related to click bait their way to more money. that's just how they are. i think once the "new" wears off of being a parent, they'll realize how hard it is.
arizona87
Talker
Talker

Unread post by arizona87 »

chubbybunny wrote:
Hound11 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:27 pm I’ve only seen a bit of them. Are they super immature? That’s how they strike me

i dont really watch them that much to know all there is to know about them, but overall (from what ive seen) they do seem really immature about most things in life. they're very young so their proprieties are probably ranked differently than someone older than they are. they seem to blow a lot of money on random things, go on a lot of trips, etc. im sure most of them are sponsored and paid for ? idk.. but to each their own, i guess. they seem to be very materialistic in terms of what they think they need versus what they really need. it also seems like they have no clue what having a baby really entails. because they're obviously very materialistic, they're wanting a baby for Instagram likes and youtube views. im sure they'll use everything pregnancy and baby related to click bait their way to more money. that's just how they are. i think once the "new" wears off of being a parent, they'll realize how hard it is.
Tbh I don’t feel like Aspyn and Parker are actually very materialistic at all. Yeah Aspyn buys a million pillows but they don’t have big fancy expensive cars (Aspyn drives the same car as me which is less than 20k) she doesn’t have a hundred brand name purses. They seem like people who will shop at more small Instagram shops rather than all the “brand names” they spend their money where it matters, like on experiences with their traveling.

Like others have said (idk if it was on this thread or the other one on GG) but I obviously have my issues with Aspyn and Parker but I feel like we should give them more credit than we are. I think they will be fine parents. Of course they will be all click baity when they have the kid, so does EVERY OTHER YouTuber when they have a baby. Of course they’re gonna show the kid, it’s literally their life now. It’s their reality. I also don’t believe they are having a baby just for the money. They’ve been open about wanting a family, and wanting a big family and would have 4 kids even if they weren’t on YT.

I’m not trying to be like one of their minions, but I feel like we should give them a chance.

I do agree they should have put their videos all together but every youtuber is the same. Anything for the money.

Sorry for the rant lol I’m done

thealesc
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by thealesc »

I understand that the gender is super important to them but the amount of Instagram stories and YouTube videos regarding the gender and the gender reveal is actually getting incredibly annoying. Just make a video instead of a thousand almost videos. Ffs.

Ljs
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Ljs »

I kind of liked the last video of them looking at the gender before their reveal party. I know I wouldn't be able to wait 5 days. Haha
alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by alym0326 »

arizona87 wrote:
chubbybunny wrote:

Tbh I don’t feel like Aspyn and Parker are actually very materialistic at all. Yeah Aspyn buys a million pillows but they don’t have big fancy expensive cars (Aspyn drives the same car as me which is less than 20k) she doesn’t have a hundred brand name purses. They seem like people who will shop at more small Instagram shops rather than all the “brand names” they spend their money where it matters, like on experiences with their traveling.

Like others have said (idk if it was on this thread or the other one on GG) but I obviously have my issues with Aspyn and Parker but I feel like we should give them more credit than we are. I think they will be fine parents. Of course they will be all click baity when they have the kid, so does EVERY OTHER YouTuber when they have a baby. Of course they’re gonna show the kid, it’s literally their life now. It’s their reality. I also don’t believe they are having a baby just for the money. They’ve been open about wanting a family, and wanting a big family and would have 4 kids even if they weren’t on YT.

I’m not trying to be like one of their minions, but I feel like we should give them a chance.

I do agree they should have put their videos all together but every youtuber is the same. Anything for the money.

Idk, home girl just bought a $2100-$2800 mirror...

alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by alym0326 »

She’s also bought probably over 100 pillows and 6 couches in the last 3 years, none of which were cheap.

hisshissbich
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by hisshissbich »

alym0326 wrote:
arizona87 wrote:
chubbybunny wrote:

Idk, home girl just bought a $2100-$2800 mirror...

She’s constantly ordering new clothing, new furniture, new decor, etc. just because her version of being materialistic isn’t designer, doesn’t mean she’s not materialist. Her reason for buying anything is because “it’s SO cute!” She can’t go into target without redecorating her house...
I 100% would say she’s extremely materialistic, and has a huge issue with waste-based consumerism.

Return to “A-H”