Ayla and Caleb

DenverRae
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Ayla and Caleb

Unread post by DenverRae »

I've been following Ayla and Caleb for a few years and just saw she gave birth to their second baby earlier this month. I do think this girl is a bit of a whack-a-doodle with her need for this picture perfect mommy vlogger lifestyle, look at me being pregnant, etc. However, what bugs me the most is that there is NO WAY this gal is well-adjusted enough to be raising a child born from embryo donation.

I was previously an egg donor and recently joined a large group for donor-conceived adults, recipient parents, and donors to discuss issues related to third party reproduction. Y'all...some of the most emotionally and psychologically complex stories come from adults born from embryo donation where their bio parents are long-term spouses or partners, donated leftover embryos from finishing their IVF, and are raising their full biological children. Those donor-conceived adults struggle with the fact that because they weren't the highest graded embryo that they didn't get to be raised by both their biological parents but their full sibling did. And it doesn't even matter if it's an anonymous or open embryo donation and that their social parents (parents who raised them) are good, kind people.

There is no way in hell coocoo for Cocoa Puffs Ayla will ever be able to wrap her mind around what her kids are bound to go through as teenagers or adults. It's laughable that she thinks some children's books on donor conception will nip this in the bud and won't be an issue down the road. I sincerely doubt she ever spoke to donor-conceived adults before gladly accepting someone else's embryos. But everything has to fit her "IVF warrior" "perfect pregnancy and mommy vlogger" portrayal and everything has to fit her narrative.

Return to “A-H”