beingmommywithstyle

workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: beingmommywithstyle

Unread post by workfromhomemom »

I couldn't agree with you more and I've been watching Di for a few yrs. She needs to listen to her husband and calm down about this school stuff. I didn't quite get the teacher situation. The way she first described it I didn't even think it was an actual teacher, which didn't make any sense. Now I'm guessing it's a first time teacher. I think Di is regretting this move and she's trying to convince herself it's a good idea.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

She needs to stop talking about it on her channel. She keeps referring to this teacher as the sub. NO. She's not a sub. The moment her original teacher took the year off, she became Bella's TEACHER. So what if it's her first year? She has more knowledge about education than Di because she has an actual education degree (at least I assume. I don't know what the rules are in AL, but where I live you need a teaching degree to be a long term sub.) So what if her parents were educators? That doesn't make her an expert or have any idea what it takes to teach. My mom is a CPA. Doesn't mean I know crap about managing business accounts and preparing tax documents for large companies. Just like she thought she was an expert on Disney Cruises because she got to go on one for free, she thinks she's an expert in education. I hope she reads here. Get off your high horse and do what you do best: spend money on crap. A YouTuber has not irritated me this much in a long time.
ittybitty626
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ittybitty626 »

Do you all think that she's done having kids? Awhile back she did a Q&A and mentioned that they were basically undecided about the subject. I thought that once both girls were in school that they may get the itch but now that she's into all of this school stuff it doesn't seem like it. It would be interesting to see what the dynamic in their house would be with a third!
workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Di is saying that she think the curriculum for Bella is 2 years behind? I think she needs to chill out on this. I think she needs to realize that their moving is technically their choice. I moved a ton as a kid and it's not easy at all. She is seriously stressed out about this and her kids are little. *sigh*
workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

ittybitty626 wrote:Do you all think that she's done having kids? Awhile back she did a Q&A and mentioned that they were basically undecided about the subject. I thought that once both girls were in school that they may get the itch but now that she's into all of this school stuff it doesn't seem like it. It would be interesting to see what the dynamic in their house would be with a third!
I would be shocked if they decided to have another.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

Does she listen to herself while she edits? She sounds ridiculous. What is the point in moving to Alabama if she plans on moving back to Michigan anyway? Because that's what it sounds like she thinks will happen. If her kids are as gifted as she makes them out to be, they will adapt no matter what school they are in. When she said she was going to start sending her husband's resume out last March because she was sick of the snow, I about lost it in her comment section. If she starts to Homeschool, we'll never hear the end of it. That her kids are so smart that they just are flying through the curriculum, and they have so much extra time to go to Target and Rae Dunn hunt. Plus just imagine all the extra Disney trips they'll be able to take because they don't have to stick to a district calendar.
workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

askeptichere wrote:Does she listen to herself while she edits? She sounds ridiculous. What is the point in moving to Alabama if she plans on moving back to Michigan anyway? Because that's what it sounds like she thinks will happen. If her kids are as gifted as she makes them out to be, they will adapt no matter what school they are in. When she said she was going to start sending her husband's resume out last March because she was sick of the snow, I about lost it in her comment section. If she starts to Homeschool, we'll never hear the end of it. That her kids are so smart that they just are flying through the curriculum, and they have so much extra time to go to Target and Rae Dunn hunt. Plus just imagine all the extra Disney trips they'll be able to take because they don't have to stick to a district calendar.
At first I thought she was joking about the resume, but then I thought she was serious. She was serious, right? That's nuts!
theg0ssiping1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by theg0ssiping1 »

how do you ladies sit through one of her videos without walking away to start something else? i have never watched a channel more boring than hers and can only get through about 4-6 minutes it's just her talking there is absolutely no content. she may as well sit on her bed and film herself talking because that's all she does only she walks around instead and does it.

her name also bugs me because i see no style what so ever
in a world full of youtubers choose to be honest.
AutumnLane
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by AutumnLane »

Totally agree about the channel name I mentioned that recently as well. My guesses is she thinks she has style because she has interest in designer overpriced handbags. She just hopps on every trendy fad that comes along. She has NO originality whatsoever. Very basic as people say nowadays. Ha!
Show me someone who never gossips, and I'll show you someone who isn't interested in people. ~Barbara Walters
theg0ssiping1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

i was watching a few of her videos where she started to get into that ray dunn crap that every housewife has these days as well and it consumed her. but now it seems this bitching and moaning about her kid's education or lack thereof is consuming her channel.
pllfan5
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by pllfan5 »

Doesn't she have a business degree? I think it would be good for her to go back to work. She's too obsessed with the girls' school, planning Disney trips, and buying Rae Dunn.

I don't know how her husband can stand her. She seems to be annoying AF.
#FreeFinleyandJackson
theg0ssiping1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

i still just want to know how some folks actually watch her videos in its entirety. all she does is talk in the videos and it drives me up the damn wall!
HoldtheDramaLlama
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by HoldtheDramaLlama »

workfromhomemom wrote:Di is saying that she think the curriculum for Bella is 2 years behind? I think she needs to chill out on this. I think she needs to realize that their moving is technically their choice. I moved a ton as a kid and it's not easy at all. She is seriously stressed out about this and her kids are little. *sigh*

I have a hard time believing that 2nd graders in Alabama are learning what Kindergartners are learning in Michigan. She does know that you can look up state standards for each grade online, no? I couldn't believe it would be that behind between the two states and no, they seem similar. She is not giving the teacher a chance at all to get her bearings her first time in the classroom. The first couple weeks of school ARE review, but then it ramps up. K-2 are not focused so much on science or history honestly. It tends to be more language arts and math and I admit to wishing schools in the US had more of a science focus overall, but that's a nationwide issue, not a state one. However, starting around grade 3, science does start to gain a higher focus and stays that way. Looking at AL standards, they are typical to the states I taught in as well for 2nd grade. How well a teacher can teach the concepts is another matter. All this to say, I am not seeing where AL is 2 years behind MI at all in terms of standards and curriculum. Two weeks in and she's flipping out because Bella's homework seems too easy. If she's that smart, I don't see why they can't test her for a gifted program? If she qualifies she can get more work suited to her needs and receive an IEP to supplement for her. If she loves to read, encourage that, and there's tons of resources for her to push forward if she wants to do so, but don't burn her out, she's only 7 after all.
AutumnLane
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by AutumnLane »

Not to mention it's her own fault for not doing research on the district before moving. If this was so important to her why didn't she ask these questions before purchasing in that particular district?
Show me someone who never gossips, and I'll show you someone who isn't interested in people. ~Barbara Walters
theg0ssiping1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

AutumnLane wrote:Not to mention it's her own fault for not doing research on the district before moving. If this was so important to her why didn't she ask these questions before purchasing in that particular district?
now come on you know that searching for home decorating items and ray dunn was far more important than actually doing research. had she done research what would her content consist of
sassypants6
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by sassypants6 »

I don't understand how she can be such a Pain in the ass over this school shit. Seriously. If you don't like something change it. Pull your kids out of school, or volunteer at the school, or homeschool. She's acting so entitled and snobby. It's an insult to all parents living in Alabama the way she talks about the school. She can get all upset, then 5 minutes later be like "oh but look what I found at hobby lobby!" I think she's too damn lazy to homeschool. When you homeschool you can't shop all day and pretend to cook (she just warms up already made pre packaged food lets be real).
samanthaking
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by samanthaking »

Couldn't stand her in her latest FAQ video.

Sent from my RCT6973W43 using Tapatalk
yummymummy
Talker
Talker

Unread post by yummymummy »

After watching her newest FAQ, I think Di had to go back to work. No way would she choose to just spontaneously look at working full time without talking to her husband and let's be honest, we know with how materialistic she is, she wouldn't willingly downsize her house. I think her husband took a new job that makes a lot less money. I'm not sure exactly where in Alabama she is, but isn't it more common for housing prices to be lower in Alabama than it would be in Michigan? So by her downsizing square feet with her house in Alabama, they most likely spent a lot less money this time around.
sassypants6
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by sassypants6 »

I can’t even finish watching her FAQ video. All she does is whine whine whine whine about the school stuff. Why does she do NOTHING to solve her issues? This is not rocket science. You need to take control. They are your kids, if you want better than public school find a better alternative because incessantly bitching does nothing. She just wants some fairy godmother to come from Disney and wave a wand and fix this for her?? Wake up.

Return to “A-H”