Adriana's Corner

Febe
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Adriana's Corner

Unread post by Febe »

Do any of you watch her? She's got around 2,400 subscribers. She has a 14 month old daughter named Arya, and her and her husband are expecting again. They had a gender reveal party and it's another girl. Her husband was clearly really upset the new baby is a girl. He made her go and check the envelope to be sure that it wasn't wrong.

I really like her a lot, and I love her videos. I just felt really bad he was clearly really upset about the second baby being a girl. Just wanted to see if anyone else watches too.
Febe
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Adriana's Corner

Unread post by Febe »

So their daughter is only 13 months, and she is 20 something weeks pregnant and having a baby shower. I really like them a lot, but they don't need a baby shower. She drives a freaking Range Rover and he drives a Mercedes. I know she works for Royal Caribbean but I don't know what he does. Their baby is still a baby! They don't need another baby shower (they are throwing it themselves, btw). Ugh.
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by blackbetty »

TACKY AS HELL
#FreeBen
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

I hate when people have 2 baby showers so close together. I am not a fan of people expecting others to buy the baby items you want/need. Baby showers for the first is fine, but after that it should be a welcome home party or welcome to the world party or something, if anything.
Febe
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Febe »

What got me, was that she said "I might have my husband come later when I'm opening gifts" I understand there is an unsaid rule that you bring a gift, but I was always taught you DON'T EXPECT people to bring you gifts. If they do, then it's a welcome surprise, but if they don't ], not a big deal.
Last edited by Febe on Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Febe
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Febe »

staceybrax wrote:I hate when people have 2 baby showers so close together. I am not a fan of people expecting others to buy the baby items you want/need. Baby showers for the first is fine, but after that it should be a welcome home party or welcome to the world party or something, if anything.
Agreed! And they are having another girl....I could MAYBE be a little understanding if they were having a boy, but again, what infant boy cares if their boppy pillow is pink? Or I could MAYBE understand if they didn't have a lot of money and had a "diaper shower" or something like that.
annat88
Informer
Informer

Unread post by annat88 »

throwing your own baby shower is tacky no matter what number baby it is, i am from texas and there are commonly baby showers for all babies but they are never thrown by the mother.
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by blackbetty »

annat88 wrote:throwing your own baby shower is tacky no matter what number baby it is, i am from texas and there are commonly baby showers for all babies but they are never thrown by the mother.
Same here. A friend of mine threw her own baby shower though and I just totally cringed all over the place. She was a FTM but omg.
#FreeBen
Febe
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Febe »

I'm probably talking to myself here on this topic lol but she only speaks to her daughter in Spanish. I get that they want her to grow up knowing both Spanish and English but wouldn't that mean talking to her in both languages?
Wagurl
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Wagurl »

Febe wrote:I'm probably talking to myself here on this topic lol but she only speaks to her daughter in Spanish. I get that they want her to grow up knowing both Spanish and English but wouldn't that mean talking to her in both languages?
Eh, not necessarily. She goes to daycare and I bet they speak English with her. Also, they probably speak English when they're out and about- stores, doctors, classes, etc. I know plenty of friends who only speak their native language at home and know English very well.
tieruhhlynn
Informer
Informer

Unread post by tieruhhlynn »

About the throwing your own baby shower thing... I mean I kind of did. My dad's wife was telling me for months that she was planning it. Said she had a venue and everything. It came to a week before my baby shower date and she told me she didn't have anything ready what so ever, so I literally had to pull something out of my ass with the help of my step sister. I about cried from stress lol but I'm just glad I was able to have one. I do agree though that having two baby showers so close together is a little uncalled for, especially if you're already well off. But if you throw your own shower and you're a first time mom I don't see anything wrong with it tbh.
Febe
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Febe »

Wagurl wrote:
Febe wrote:I'm probably talking to myself here on this topic lol but she only speaks to her daughter in Spanish. I get that they want her to grow up knowing both Spanish and English but wouldn't that mean talking to her in both languages?
Eh, not necessarily. She goes to daycare and I bet they speak English with her. Also, they probably speak English when they're out and about- stores, doctors, classes, etc. I know plenty of friends who only speak their native language at home and know English very well.
That's true. I guess I didn't think of it that way. I think it's great they are raising their kids to be bilingual. I just had a moment of confusion lol
Febe
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Febe »

tieruhhlynn wrote:About the throwing your own baby shower thing... I mean I kind of did. My dad's wife was telling me for months that she was planning it. Said she had a venue and everything. It came to a week before my baby shower date and she told me she didn't have anything ready what so ever, so I literally had to pull something out of my ass with the help of my step sister. I about cried from stress lol but I'm just glad I was able to have one. I do agree though that having two baby showers so close together is a little uncalled for, especially if you're already well off. But if you throw your own shower and you're a first time mom I don't see anything wrong with it tbh.
I think your situation is totally different. In her case it rubbed me the wrong way. I still really like her! I just thought it was a little strange. I don't know anyone personally who has ever thrown themselves a baby or even a bridal shower. Taking over someone else's planning is totally different! You gotta do what you gotta do! :)
Wagurl
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Wagurl »

Febe wrote:
Wagurl wrote:
That's true. I guess I didn't think of it that way. I think it's great they are raising their kids to be bilingual. I just had a moment of confusion lol
Maybe I was wrong. Lol. I watched a video where she was dropping off her kids at daycare and they were speaking spanish at the daycare.
proudmama
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by proudmama »

Wagurl wrote:
Febe wrote:
Wagurl wrote:Eh, not necessarily. She goes to daycare and I bet they speak English with her. Also, they probably speak English when they're out and about- stores, doctors, classes, etc. I know plenty of friends who only speak their native language at home and know English very well.
Maybe I was wrong. Lol. I watched a video where she was dropping off her kids at daycare and they were speaking spanish at the daycare.
She lives near the same area as me and practically everyone here speaks Spanish. I've actually had people be rude to me because I can only speak English. Most stores, businesses, etc. if you go in there or call, they will automatically start talking in Spanish.
Febe
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Febe »

Eh, not necessarily. She goes to daycare and I bet they speak English with her. Also, they probably speak English when they're out and about- stores, doctors, classes, etc. I know plenty of friends who only speak their native language at home and know English very well.[/quote]

That's true. I guess I didn't think of it that way. I think it's great they are raising their kids to be bilingual. I just had a moment of confusion lol[/quote]

Maybe I was wrong. Lol. I watched a video where she was dropping off her kids at daycare and they were speaking spanish at the daycare.[/quote]

She lives near the same area as me and practically everyone here speaks Spanish. I've actually had people be rude to me because I can only speak English. Most stores, businesses, etc. if you go in there or call, they will automatically start talking in Spanish.[/quote]

I know. I get it. I was just curious why they weren't speaking both. I just assumed the more you mix the two the easier it would be to learn both. Rather than learn one and then have to learn the other. My SIL is Portuguese and they speak to the kids in both languages. Not just the one. That's why I was curious.
LaMadre
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by LaMadre »

Does anyone still follow her? I was for a while.. just found out she filed for Divorce?!? :-o
Febe
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Febe »

No way!!! I thought something seemed off when she talked about anxiety and stuff. I noticed she hasn't been wearing her rings but I know not everyone does. Where did you find this out??
MamaBearOf2
Talker
Talker

Unread post by MamaBearOf2 »

She posted a YouTube video titled "Life update: divorce" I was in complete shock as I watched the video. I wonder what happened??
Febe
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Febe »

I'm so nosy I want to know too! I just watched it. She said they are really friendly about it but it's been a long time coming. I don't think she will spill details because she knows her family watches her videos. But maybe eventually once everything is final she will tell. I'm really shocked too they seemed so in love!

Return to “A-H”