anna12345
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

dreamflight6000 Part 1

Unread post by anna12345 »

Let's discuss Amy - dreamflight6000!
There was a big thread about her on GuruGossiper, but it hasn't been moved to this forum... Weird. Maybe admins can help?
hotcoffee
Informer
Informer

Re: dreamflight6000

Unread post by hotcoffee »

I like her. Her sons struggle with diabetes makes me so sad for him but also keeps my interest. She just seems like a good mom with a nice family. No drama though so I'm not sure how much attention her thread will get :)
I don't care about your life
AutumnLane
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by AutumnLane »

What are the chances first diabetes & now her third son has a heart defect. I feel so bad for her she must be stressed. So happy nursing is working out this time for her she deserves it. I think she's great.. Something about her just seems so genuine. Her Boys seem very well behaved & sweet. I think it's the cutest thing when Henry calls himself "brave".
Show me someone who never gossips, and I'll show you someone who isn't interested in people. ~Barbara Walters
Lovaleea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Lovaleea »

I love Amy. She is one of the most down to earth, honest vloggers that i have seen on Youtube. I hope this thread doesnt turn into trash talk as she really doesnt need that in her life right now and certainly isnt deserving of it in my eyes.
She is one of the strongest people that i know to deal with Henry and his diabetes and now poor Charlie having a heart defect. I dont know many people that could handle what she does with such positivity and still vlog and provide good content. The only remotely negative thing id have to say is i wish she would vlog more because i adore her so much, but its not really negative, I just love her videos :)
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

I like Amy, I think she is doing a great job dealing with all these challenges.

I seem to recall in one of her early pregnancy videos they thought something might be off with the baby? And she was supposed to get additional testing done but opted not to? I wonder if its something they would have known about.
gurumama
Talker
Talker

Unread post by gurumama »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:I like Amy, I think she is doing a great job dealing with all these challenges.

I seem to recall in one of her early pregnancy videos they thought something might be off with the baby? And she was supposed to get additional testing done but opted not to? I wonder if its something they would have known about.
I thought the same thing !
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

I don't know if knowing ahead of time would have made much of a difference, although they could have been mentally prepared to deal with the challenges.
I know they asked her to do some additional tests and she opted out but I cant remember what it was about.
mandylouwho
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by mandylouwho »

The only additional test I know of that she opted out of was the three hour glucose test. She failed the one hour by just a couple points and she was stressed and had a cold so she didn't want to deal with taking the three hour when she has the equipment and knowledge to monitor her blood sugar at home. They also thought the baby had a two vessel cord but it turned out the sonographer just checked the wrong box.

I like Amy a lot too. I feel like I can relate to her. She doesn't try to be crunchy like a lot of yt moms do. She feeds her kids healthy without pushing the all organic no processed foods whatsoever stuff. I mean she might buy all organic but if she does she doesn't mention it, which is how it should be IMO. I make most of our meals at home but sometimes I use a box of rice a roni for a side lol.
Lovaleea
Gossiper
Gossiper

I remember on her 20 week ultra sound they checked the wrong box that said she had a single umbilical artery when she infact had a 3 vessel cord which is perfect and what its supposed to be. The only testing she refused was the 3 hour gloclose test because she failed the 1 hour by 3 points, which really isnt a big deal being she tested her blood sugar daily through out her pregnancy and never had an issue.

On a side note Charlie is absolutely adorable! I hope this doesnt scare her from having other children although i have to admit it probably would scare me... i would love to see her have a little girl in the future :)
gurumama
Talker
Talker

Unread post by gurumama »

Lovaleea wrote:I remember on her 20 week ultra sound they checked the wrong box that said she had a single umbilical artery when she infact had a 3 vessel cord which is perfect and what its supposed to be. The only testing she refused was the 3 hour gloclose test because she failed the 1 hour by 3 points, which really isnt a big deal being she tested her blood sugar daily through out her pregnancy and never had an issue.

On a side note Charlie is absolutely adorable! I hope this doesnt scare her from having other children although i have to admit it probably would scare me... i would love to see her have a little girl in the future :)
I'm pretty sure she has said they are done having kids now. They wanted to be done after Evan but this was a total whoops surprise.
mandylouwho
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by mandylouwho »

Was Charlie a surprise? I thought they just changed their minds but I don't remember her saying that, for some reason that's just the impression I got.
Lovaleea
Gossiper
Gossiper

mandylouwho wrote:Was Charlie a surprise? I thought they just changed their minds but I don't remember her saying that, for some reason that's just the impression I got.
Thats what i thought as well, they just changed their minds and decided to have another... I dont remember hearing that Charlie was a surprise. I could be wrong though, although it would be a first, haha (complete sarcasam of course :D)

Im sure she probably is done now, but shes such a good mother, people like her need a handful of kids, yet people like Lucy, Tayler and Jessica have them :/
anna12345
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by anna12345 »

I'm also sure that she's done. Her children (Henry and Charlie) will need expensive medicine care for the rest of their lives. Hope they will stay positive and not get too overwhelmed... They're such a good, loving family.
dfwmom
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by dfwmom »

I LOVE Amy - she is honestly one of my favorite youtube moms. She is down to earth, she is positive but not annoying like some people (Lora, I am looking in your direction!), and she has managed to stay away from the drama even though I think that she met up with Jen infomommy or whatever her name was...
Shameless
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Shameless »

I like her a lot but I do find her to be a little bit boring, but not necessarily in a bad sense, she is just different to me and does things differently to how I would.

I find it a little weird yet also very refreshing that she doesn't really care about makeup or clothes too much and she isn't overly obsessed with having her house perfectly decorated and colour-coordinated. It's nice to watch someone who doesn't place too much importance on those things and seems to know that you can be perfectly happy with having a perfect life.
thegooseiscooked

Unread post by thegooseiscooked »

Hmm...haven't had a video from Amy in a while....doesn't bode well for Charlie maybe having DiGeorge syndrome.

I googled it, sounds bad. Learning difficulties. Mental health issues. Heart defects. Large number of sufferers are schizophrenic.

I don't know how she copes. Honestly, I'd be a wreck. It's times like this I thank my husband for putting down his foot and saying "No more babies. We've had 2 healthy ones, lets not push our luck!" Thank God.

Man, I feel for her. She's so sweet, entirely innocent and naive, but super sweet. They live a very clean, wholesome life and in no way deserved this.
thegooseiscooked

dfwmom wrote:I LOVE Amy - she is honestly one of my favorite youtube moms. She is down to earth, she is positive but not annoying like some people (Lora, I am looking in your direction!), and she has managed to stay away from the drama even though I think that she met up with Jen infomommy or whatever her name was...
Oh that meetup was so frigging awkward. Poor Amy. You could see how uncomfortable she was with Stephanie and Jen boozing it up. Not her type of people at all. I spent the entire video cringing and saying "Go home Amy, you don't need to see this,"
Quinn
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Quinn »

thegooseiscooked wrote:Hmm...haven't had a video from Amy in a while....doesn't bode well for Charlie maybe having DiGeorge syndrome.

I googled it, sounds bad. Learning difficulties. Mental health issues. Heart defects. Large number of sufferers are schizophrenic.

I don't know how she copes. Honestly, I'd be a wreck. It's times like this I thank my husband for putting down his foot and saying "No more babies. We've had 2 healthy ones, lets not push our luck!" Thank God.

Man, I feel for her. She's so sweet, entirely innocent and naive, but super sweet. They live a very clean, wholesome life and in no way deserved this.

Charlie thankfully doesn't have DiGeorge syndrome, this was posted on her FB page:

Amy
March 26
Exhausting day!! I'm emotionally drained but just got some good news.... Genetic testing came back NORMAL!!!! I can't thank you all enough for your love & support.
thegooseiscooked

That is great news! Thank you. I was clicking on YouTube each morning with my heart in my throat.
dfwmom
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by dfwmom »

Yes I saw that the other day, but don't look to this board often because I don't think to 'gossip' about Amy because I like her LOL

She said that baby boy had to go to his first cardiologist appointment and that he will have to have surgery this summer. I can't even imagine what they are going through having a tiny baby having surgery so young, but whatever makes them healthy.

Return to “A-H”