dahell
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: afarmhousefull Part 1

Unread post by dahell »

Defuego wrote:
ForeverGauc01 wrote:Is it bad that anytime o get a notification from this thread, I automatically assume it’s because she’s pregnant?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Literally just laughed out loud because when I saw this thread had new posts, I 100% thought to myself "Well, she's pregnant again."
Lol, sorry everyone! It’s one of those things that you watch someone you mostly like, but then start having those wth moments. And you think, maybe it’s just me. So you look around to find out if anyone else thinks it too. Sorry again for the false alarm. :)
msmarbles
Talker
Talker

Unread post by msmarbles »

Seriously, what is going on with her? I usually like her more than other big family YouTubers, because I feel like she's genuinely confident in her choices, but without being judgmental of other families. Given her personality, these out of nowhere changes are so strange... like she went away to an essential oils conference with her husband, they had a chance to discuss life goals, and all of a sudden they're pseudo-minimalist, pseudo-vegan, and thinking of long-term travel? What in the world do those things even have to do with each other? It just seems out of character for her to jump all over these Internet trends (which, tbh, have been trendy for years and are already on the way out).
dahell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by dahell »

msmarbles wrote:Seriously, what is going on with her? I usually like her more than other big family YouTubers, because I feel like she's genuinely confident in her choices, but without being judgmental of other families. Given her personality, these out of nowhere changes are so strange... like she went away to an essential oils conference with her husband, they had a chance to discuss life goals, and all of a sudden they're pseudo-minimalist, pseudo-vegan, and thinking of long-term travel? What in the world do those things even have to do with each other? It just seems out of character for her to jump all over these Internet trends (which, tbh, have been trendy for years and are already on the way out).
I totally agree with you on all points. I’m in the Midwest too, I get winters are LOOONG with kids. But, I thought they loved the snow and 4 seasons. Now she says they hate the snow and are going to be snow birds? I guess. It all does seem trendy and all of a sudden. Saying “vegan” is so popular when in reality they seem to be doing “vegetarian-ish” (her fav thing now to add to words I guess). But it’s more trendy and “click bait-ish” to say “vegan” than “vegetarian” I guess. I could definitely see the changes from day 1 of her mentioning Doterra. I think these traveling families can have an awesome time but they discount the awesomeness of just being in your own home and living life too. I know a family selling their house and traveling in a van with a pull behind. Soon to be 7 kids. The kids are miserable and dreading it. It’ll be interesting to see where Nicci ends up I guess.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Anyone ever watch "debtisdum" ??
They sold everything, homeschooled, lived in a travel trailer -in someones driveway..... Until the dad got sick and had to stay home.. They bought a house like the next week.

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
msmarbles
Talker
Talker

I haven't seen that one, but it makes total sense.

Dahell, you're right - she always used to say that they loved the 4 seasons! We moved from Missouri to Minnesota, so I totally get that winter gets old, but when February rolls around and we're over it, we just try to take a trip... we don't donate everything and RV to Florida. Does Nicci really think that her Doterra business is going to sustain that long-term? And what happens to their connections with friends, neighbors, her husband's clients, etc? If you're gone half the year, how do you keep up with those things? They all seemed important to her before. Instead of giving up their current life to snowbird or RV or whatever they decide to do, couldn't they just take her income, spend half of it on travel, and bank the other half for when her Doterra business dries up in a year or two? It all just seems so short-sighted.
dahell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by dahell »

msmarbles wrote:I haven't seen that one, but it makes total sense.

Dahell, you're right - she always used to say that they loved the 4 seasons! We moved from Missouri to Minnesota, so I totally get that winter gets old, but when February rolls around and we're over it, we just try to take a trip... we don't donate everything and RV to Florida. Does Nicci really think that her Doterra business is going to sustain that long-term? And what happens to their connections with friends, neighbors, her husband's clients, etc? If you're gone half the year, how do you keep up with those things? They all seemed important to her before. Instead of giving up their current life to snowbird or RV or whatever they decide to do, couldn't they just take her income, spend half of it on travel, and bank the other half for when her Doterra business dries up in a year or two? It all just seems so short-sighted.
So true. I know people irl that are doing very well with Doterra and I keep thinking to myself that I hope they have a plan B. It can’t possibly continue like this indefinitely. I’m happy for people making honest money and I like oils too, but this has got to be the absolute height I’d think for many of these people. I still have a hard time grasping how her husband gave up his job in the trades to have a lawn care business. Again, major props if you’re doing something you enjoy and making money but he had an awful good job before. Hard on the body though.
I think she’s going to alienate some of her “fans”/viewers with her changes but it’ll be interesting to watch I guess. I know YT is demonetizing channels like crazy right now too so maybe that’s a moot point.
GetYouTubesTied
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by GetYouTubesTied »

How many kids does she have now?
msmarbles
Talker
Talker

She has 8 kids!
smarlo
Talker
Talker

Unread post by smarlo »

I'm watching for the fall that's sure to come.

Maybe RENT an RV next winter and try it for a month before committing to something that can cost as much as a house. How the heck they think they can shove 10 people for 6 months in a camper is beyond me. She will hate it. The kids will hate it.

Like an earlier poster stated, she sure is in a hurry to spend all her oil money. That MLM life doesn't last forever. As soon as your friends and family are tapped out, so are you.

Remember how much more modest she used to be in her earlier videos? Now she's showing all the goodies.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

smarlo wrote:I'm watching for the fall that's sure to come.

Maybe RENT an RV next winter and try it for a month before committing to something that can cost as much as a house. How the heck they think they can shove 10 people for 6 months in a camper is beyond me. She will hate it. The kids will hate it.

Like an earlier poster stated, she sure is in a hurry to spend all her oil money. That MLM life doesn't last forever. As soon as your friends and family are tapped out, so are you.

Remember how much more modest she used to be in her earlier videos? Now she's showing all the goodies.
They all seem to start out that way

dahell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by dahell »

She posts so infrequently now. It makes me wonder how much she made from YT before because she was pretty consistent before. Now it seems her life has to revolve around Doterra to keep up with it all. I guess it’s not fair to say her life revolves around it but the “extra” time after family stuff. No time for YT anymore. I get it but I really did enjoy her channel before. I’d say, 90% I enjoyed the other 10% sometimes bugged me. One thing that a friend told me I found interesting. Maybe this is true of all MLM’s. She said that while you basically have to “earn your ranking” every month (as in, if you’re “Diamond” the next month you’re ground zero again and have to earn that level again. Which is mostly just relying on your down line at that point). BUT, if ever for even one month you earn a ranking, you would call yourself that still even if you’re not again. Like “I’m Diamond Doterra” even if it’s only one time. I don’t know if that’s true across the board but that’s how she explained it to me.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

You do start over, but if you have returning customers, you should hit your mark every month

dahell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by dahell »

onbreak wrote:You do start over, but if you have returning customers, you should hit your mark every month

But she told me an acquaintance we have hit a really high ranking (diamond? Blue diamond? Not sure) and that it’s highly unlikely she’s ever hit quite that high again. But she’s basically forever known as a “Blue Diamond” partner or whatever they call it. Hit it during a huge sale/promotion something like that. Do you think that’s common? I, personally, think all the back end business on that company is made way unnecessarily complicated. That’s the outside looking in. I can purchase but would never be involved beyond that. In this area it’s insanely saturated, people have MOVED to other states to expand their market. Crazy. Thanks!
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

dahell wrote:
onbreak wrote:You do start over, but if you have returning customers, you should hit your mark every month

But she told me an acquaintance we have hit a really high ranking (diamond? Blue diamond? Not sure) and that it’s highly unlikely she’s ever hit quite that high again. But she’s basically forever known as a “Blue Diamond” partner or whatever they call it. Hit it during a huge sale/promotion something like that. Do you think that’s common? I, personally, think all the back end business on that company is made way unnecessarily complicated. That’s the outside looking in. I can purchase but would never be involved beyond that. In this area it’s insanely saturated, people have MOVED to other states to expand their market. Crazy. Thanks!
I sell Avon, going on 16 years. I have to hit that mark every 2 weeks.. Her company might be different. I wouldn't be surprised if her downline helps her hit that mark, she's been at that for like 10 years herself.

dahell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by dahell »

onbreak wrote:
dahell wrote:

I sell Avon, going on 16 years. I have to hit that mark every 2 weeks.. Her company might be different. I wouldn't be surprised if her downline helps her hit that mark, she's been at that for like 10 years herself.

Oh ok. You don’t mean Nicci has been doing it for 10 yrs though right? I’m probably misunderstanding, her oil junk has been probably a little over a year and a half. I am probably just naive because I’ve never done direct sales/mlm or anything, I just had no idea it worked that way. :)
dahell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by dahell »

quote="dahell"]

But she told me an acquaintance we have hit a really high ranking (diamond? Blue diamond? Not sure) and that it’s highly unlikely she’s ever hit quite that high again. But she’s basically forever known as a “Blue Diamond” partner or whatever they call it. Hit it during a huge sale/promotion something like that. Do you think that’s common? I, personally, think all the back end business on that company is made way unnecessarily complicated. That’s the outside looking in. I can purchase but would never be involved beyond that. In this area it’s insanely saturated, people have MOVED to other states to expand their market. Crazy. Thanks![/quote]I sell Avon, going on 16 years. I have to hit that mark every 2 weeks.. Her company might be different. I wouldn't be surprised if her downline helps her hit that mark, she's been at that for like 10 years herself.

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk[/quote]

Oh ok. You don’t mean Nicci has been doing it for 10 yrs though right? I’m probably misunderstanding, her oil junk has been probably a little over a year and a half. I am probably just naive because I’ve never done direct sales/mlm or anything, I just had no idea it worked that way. :)[/quote]

Oh and yes, my understanding is that it’s ALL about the down line. And the farther down you get, the more you benefit from them. Which, again, I have a hard time grasping all the companies ways.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

dahell wrote:
onbreak wrote:
dahell wrote: But she told me an acquaintance we have hit a really high ranking (diamond? Blue diamond? Not sure) and that it’s highly unlikely she’s ever hit quite that high again. But she’s basically forever known as a “Blue Diamond” partner or whatever they call it. Hit it during a huge sale/promotion something like that. Do you think that’s common? I, personally, think all the back end business on that company is made way unnecessarily complicated. That’s the outside looking in. I can purchase but would never be involved beyond that. In this area it’s insanely saturated, people have MOVED to other states to expand their market. Crazy. Thanks!

Oh ok. You don’t mean Nicci has been doing it for 10 yrs though right? I’m probably misunderstanding, her oil junk has been probably a little over a year and a half. I am probably just naive because I’ve never done direct sales/mlm or anything, I just had no idea it worked that way. :)
Shes been peddling oils since 2007-8 ish i believe

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

I cant find the yt link.. But theres an older channel she has
Ill look later when I home from work
I did see a tweet or something that with 11 months she made 6 figures.. Who knows .. ($ecretlifeofvlogger$)

dahell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by dahell »

onbreak wrote:I cant find the yt link.. But theres an older channel she has
Ill look later when I home from work
I did see a tweet or something that with 11 months she made 6 figures.. Who knows .. ($ecretlifeofvlogger$)

Oh yeah, I bet. I think she REALLY jumped in at a fantastic time. I certainly don’t fault her there. She used her YT and IG presence and really worked it into a huge Doterra business. I definitely always give her this, she is willing to work dang hard. She’s very driven and motivated it seems. I look at the people I know irl who sell Doterra and I know they are nowhere near her level in years time. I think Nicci is a smart person, I definitely see her (what she shows) spending more now, I hope she’s stashing away. I really hope ALL these people depending on mlm’s or YT/blogs are stashing the cash away.
smarlo
Talker
Talker

Unread post by smarlo »

As with most homeschooling fundies, she limits the heck out of her kids phone and computer usage. Seems helicopter-y even though she swears she's not a hovering mother.

Return to “A-H”