Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: afarmhousefull Part 1

Unread post by dahell »

spookyme wrote:
dahell wrote:
spookyme wrote:I used to love watching her videos from when she first started up to probably 6 months to a year ago. She does seem very “try hard” now, which is really disappointing. I have a fascination with watching and learning about how large families function, and she always seemed like she had it together and was very confident in her parenting. But now she seems like she wants to be more like a friend to her older kids and dress more like a young girl/teen would (and the “young mom” labels on her videos irked me to no end). I don’t know if it’s the YouTube “fame” or the doTerra money that’s gone to her head, but I’m barely able to watch her content anymore. It seems like almost all of the YouTube moms that “make it big” change in this way. It’s been very hard for me to find ones that stay genuine over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree. I wonder how much the person helping her plays into some of her more “click-baity” titles as well. She’s mentioned some sort of YT guru or expert or something like that. I’m sure that’s why she’s uploading more often now. Wonder what, all of a sudden, made her want to get back into YT so heavily again. I thought she’s be winding down because it seemed like Doterra was the thing now.
I wasn’t even aware she had someone helping her with her videos. It could explain some of the click bait titles lately. Maybe the doTerra money is winding down a little bit and she has to make up the difference?

I don’t know exactly how she phrased it but she’s linked her in her downbox and talked about how awesome she is in helping people with their YT channels. I don’t think she said too much but maybe more of a consult type thing perhaps?

I wonder....it seems like her Doterra is on fire. It’s almost like she’s hungry for more. Wants to seal the deal with her husband being at home with them all the time. Who knows though? I was kind of surprised she started going so strong on YT recently though.
smarlo
Talker
Talker

Unread post by smarlo »

she should know better than to depend on MLM money to last. Get in, make a bundle and get out fast!
dahell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by dahell »

smarlo wrote:she should know better than to depend on MLM money to last. Get in, make a bundle and get out fast!
So true.
HCB
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by HCB »

I kind of wanted to punch her and her husband for yelling debt is dumb repeatedly in the last video. I probably just took it personally. Our debt is from me having to go on dialysis and have a kidney transplant totally out of the blue. We don’t all have parents who are contractors and can build us a house or the income to just save for a new car and pay for it cash. I don’t doubt they work hard for their money but saying debt is dumb over and over just made them seem like assholes. Maybe it’s just me being sensitive though :/
HCB
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by HCB »

And I really liked her. But that put me off to her big time.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Have you seen the debt is dum whackadoodles on youtube? The wife does anything her doofus husband comes up with. They sold all their belongings, pulled the kids from school, and moved into a rv a few years back.
Dad ended getting the flu and was miserable being cramped in the rv with the kids and wife. They dropped off the face of the earth only to come back with... We bought land and built a house, the girls are in public school, and now she has a fulfilling life selling leggings... So she can buy back all the shit they sold for next to nothing
Hope they aren't modeling their journey after them ::headache::

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
dahell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by dahell »

That TOTALLY comes off as pompous. My husband is smart with money and works hard at his job. We have debt from our home, our rental property and one vehicle. I’m fine with it. I think it’s great we don’t have more. But when they childishly repeat “debt is dumb” it show no humility in their part. Explain your position. Tell us how you had debt and don’t want to go back. Or how you never had debt and are thankful for that foundation. Share with us. But to think you’re cool saying “debt is dumb” is off putting. I know someone who recently sold their house and is rv’ing it. I don’t know what their plan is except to spread their MLM business across the country and travel. They came back to visit after maybe a month at most and seem kinda miserable. They will soon have, I think) 9 people traveling in a van and living in an RV. Have fun if your follow that internet trend Nicci, it’s not all it’s cracked up to be. And, I’d love to know if she reads here. We talked about her being so monotone and not super maternal with her children...she’s been noticeably more so these last few videos.
smarlo
Talker
Talker

Unread post by smarlo »

Did you catch she casually mentioned that they've either ditched or greatly modified their idea of traveling south every winter? Like I said, that MLM money doesn't last forever!

I was taken aback about the debt is dumb thing, but then I realized they meant going into debt just because you want something right now is dumb. If their van is still running fine, why not save up for a new one rather than go into debt?
dahell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by dahell »

I totally get what they meant and agree you can be dumb about going into debt. It’s just the childish, blanket-statement way of repeatedly saying it that was off putting imo.
Brazilnut
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Brazilnut »

smarlo wrote:Has she ever addressed how she's dealing with her kids being cross-eyed and having speech impediments? Don't the majority of them have lisps?
She has mentioned a long time ago that several of them have strabismus and that they were looking into surgery for one of them. Possibly the oldest one. I had surgery at 18 and it mostly fixed the problem. The younger ones should be wearing eyepatches a few hours a week. She hasn't mentioned or shown that, but if she is researching surgery then she should know about that.

dahell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by dahell »

She did end up addressing the eye issue in her latest comments.
smarlo
Talker
Talker

Unread post by smarlo »

on which video please?
dahell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by dahell »

smarlo wrote:on which video please?
From July 25...vlog...debt free living update. Someone asked:
I feel a little nervous to ask because I don’t want to come off as being rude.. has your son seen an eye doctor for his lazy eye? (P.S. My 5 year old has a lazy eye too, is wearing glasses to correct it & we’ve seen improvement).

And she said:
Yes. We have 4 kids with the same condition. My oldest has had surgery twice plus Botox.
smarlo
Talker
Talker

Unread post by smarlo »

thank you!
msmarbles
Talker
Talker

Unread post by msmarbles »

Goodness, that latest vlog.... I really hope she's had her son checked out by a doctor. Someone said she addressed his crossed eyes in another video, but that combined with his speech issues, and she's putting all this on the Internet? If my mom had done that, I would've been mortified! At a bare minimum, the poor little guy needs a speech evaluation by a professional.

Also, she's turning into every other monetized YouTube mom out there with her titles - DITL, Bible journaling, and even a cleaning video? I know I've said it before, but I really did like Nicki back when she was authentic, and it's sad to see her sell out.
dahell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by dahell »

msmarbles wrote:Goodness, that latest vlog.... I really hope she's had her son checked out by a doctor. Someone said she addressed his crossed eyes in another video, but that combined with his speech issues, and she's putting all this on the Internet? If my mom had done that, I would've been mortified! At a bare minimum, the poor little guy needs a speech evaluation by a professional.

Also, she's turning into every other monetized YouTube mom out there with her titles - DITL, Bible journaling, and even a cleaning video? I know I've said it before, but I really did like Nicki back when she was authentic, and it's sad to see her sell out.
Yeah, I think some I intervention needs to be done. It’s kind of alarming to watch in a vlog. I only saw her mention it in the comments when someone asked about his eyes. I’m NOT saying she “owes us” an explanation but if you’re going to show something online, it might be nice to get a little background on what’s going on with the child. Or maybe not show as much? And, yes, ever since she’s hired someone to “help” with her channel it’s gotten SO MUCH more click-baity. I’m glad she’s laid off of some things (bragging about “raw fruit” smoothies?? As opposed to most of us schleps who cook our fruit or???? And her “vegan kick”. I kind of give her credit for later admiting it wasn’t working.) I kind of see the same trends in the moms I watch and it’s kind of too bad when it gets so cookie-cutter.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Im glad to hear he had another vasectomy.

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
smarlo
Talker
Talker

Unread post by smarlo »

I wonder what will happen when her pyramid collapses?
shilohjulia
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by shilohjulia »

smarlo wrote:I wonder what will happen when her pyramid collapses?
I think that’s why she’s getting more into YouTube and trying to be trendy with her vlogs and post regularly. She has to know doterra won’t last forever. But her husband has had his business since before all this and they flip houses too, so they should be okay.

smarlo
Talker
Talker

Unread post by smarlo »

in her latest vlog, her daughter and her go out running errands. Daughter is wearing seatbelt under her arm. That just frosts my heinie. Who lets their kid do that? And film it and leave it in? it's not country, it's STUPID

Return to “A-H”