Harris Family Journey

Medic

Harris Family Journey

Unread post by Medic »

So I've mentioned her a few times on here in my posts and decided to make a thread about her. her name is Bonnie she has two twin girls one has a lot of special needs, hannah is her name and Hailey is the other little girl. She's truly inspiring and I look up to her a lot. She's a single mom and the girls were preemies and hannah was in the hospital I think the first year in a half of her life. Hannah still has a feeding tube and a trach and sometimes needs to go on a ventilator.

Bonnie is truly amazing, I think she deserves more viewers too so that's one of the reasons im making this. When I'm having down days and I feel like being a single mom is just to hard I think of her and realise things could be a lot more harder. Sounds corny but I mean it. Here's a short video about her:

chs6213
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Harris Family Journey

Unread post by chs6213 »

I just started watching her videos and binge watched a lot last night... I really enjoy watching her videos! She seems really strong and the only help she has is her mom (well and home care nurses).

I thought it was brave to her to admit, in the video answering questions about the girls' father, that she wanted to terminate twin a (assuming this is Hannah?) but that their father talked her out of it. I just feel like we're probably getting an accurate version of what happened... unlike with a lot of YT moms.
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

I adore her, I actually made a post about her on Get Off My Internets and she recently screen grabbed it and posted it on FB thanking me.
She is so strong and honest, she doesnt make everything seem like rainbows and butterflies which is so refreshing.
Upnorthgal13

Unread post by Upnorthgal13 »

Yes I love her as well. Her daughters are adorable.
Missy1393
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Missy1393 »

I really like her so far. She seems like a genuinely positive person. I don't know much about the backstory yet, but holy crap, I'd be a nervous wreck. How does she keep everything (meds, nurses, equipment and supplies) straight?!? Let alone work, cook, clean, vlog, and take care of another child.

I agree that it's nice that she doesn't sugar coat things and it doesn't come across as complaining at all. I'd love to see her with more of a following!
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

She has two channels now, a daily channel and the main on. She post videos everyday on her "Harris Family Orbit" channel that are usually between 3-6 minutes.
I have noo idea how she handles everything, she doesn't have many friends either. She had to move to be closer to Hannahs doctors/hospital.
The nursing situation she deals with drives me insane, as a nurse haha.. that would be such an ideal job for me. Hanging out with one cute kid all day? Sign me up.
honeybear
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by honeybear »

I think she is definitely strong to deal with a disabled child, but something about her rubs me the wrong way. I know she originally wanted to abort Hannah, but she didn't because her bf at the time told her not to... and so she didn't (obviously). But I get the impression that she plays a lot of favouritism and it makes me sad. She always makes little remarks about how Hailey is more "fun" and how she talks more and acts better in certain situations and interacts more etc. And while all of that may be true... it just really gives me the impression she favours Hailey.
Also the fact that she booked a trip for her and Hailey, and left Hannah out, makes me sad. I TOTALLY GET that it's hard to fly with a child like Hannah since she needs oxygen etc etc, but why couldn't she have planned a closer trip or done something else that they all could enjoy? I know if my dad and brother went on a trip without me, that would make me feel horrible about myself. I just don't think it's fair to leave out a child on a non-mandatory vacation like that.
I do think she deals with her situation as best as she can, but I get the impression that she is bitter and hates her life because she never wanted to keep her originally.
vidwatcher
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by vidwatcher »

I'm sorry but your comment rubs me the wrong way. It is your opinion and you are entitled to it, but I hope you can take the time to find out a bit more about them.

I think it's pretty unfair to say she's bitter and hates her life. If that were me, I would find that incredibly offensive. I've been watching her videos for quite some time and find that she is usually really positive. I personally don't think she's explained her options and what the outcome could have been in her videos as well as she did in her blog. http://b-hannahhailey.blogspot.ca/
From my understanding, "keeping" both girls could have resulted in both of them passing. I certainly can't imagine being told by a doctor that I have to choose what kid lives - you make the wrong choice and you will have none. That is a huge decision to make and she says she's thankful that the father was able to help her make the decision they did. It's been like 3 years, I'd imagine any mother at this point, or any point really, would be past any bitterness. I'd be thankful both girls are alive!

As far as the travel goes, I can understand why she would take Hailey. She can't take the nurse with her, she has a bunch of equipment she'd have to tote around the airport and connect with, and the weather up north could be really hard on Hannah. All of those reasons she said in her video make sense to me. She shouldn't be judged for wanting to visit a friend for 3 days. It's possible that she has no one close by to visit. Again, in her blog, you learn that she lived in another town and that's where her friends are.

If you have two kids, one that is super active and does silly things, and one who is more content to sit and watch the active one - you would talk about those things because it's funny right?
vidwatcher
Amateur
Amateur

I have been reading this site for a while now and never felt the need to post anything.. But if someone told me I seemed bitter because my baby is alive, I would be pretty heartbroken..
ohgoodness
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ohgoodness »

Her new video makes me think she read here.
CamilaCabello
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by CamilaCabello »

She stated a few vlogs ago that since she had a new camera, she was going to record all the stories about the pregnancy and such that she never did.
honeybear
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by honeybear »

vidwatcher wrote: As far as the travel goes, I can understand why she would take Hailey. She can't take the nurse with her, she has a bunch of equipment she'd have to tote around the airport and connect with, and the weather up north could be really hard on Hannah. All of those reasons she said in her video make sense to me. She shouldn't be judged for wanting to visit a friend for 3 days. It's possible that she has no one close by to visit. Again, in her blog, you learn that she lived in another town and that's where her friends are.
i get all of that, but i would NEVER choose to go somewhere and only bring one of my children. the other would feel so left out, it would be unfair. i think she should either go alone, or go on a trip where all of them could go together. somewhere more local. hannah has enough medical problems, how would she feel is she was old enough to know these issues were holding her back even MORE? her mom and her sister are making all these fun memories together while she's just at home.
i'm sorry, but we are not going to agree on this.

as for being bitter... i already know her story. i've been following her a long time. she made her decisions thinking she'd have this partner in her life, and then he left her alone with both babies. obviously i'm not saying she regrets hannah or her decision :| that would be heartless. and maybe "bitter" isn't the right word, but i do not think she is happy with her life at all.

also by the way, it's not just "talking about" one more because it's funny. it's their whole lives. she takes the time to make hailey cute but doesn't even bother with hannah because of her throwing up issues (mainly talking about their hair). there were other examples too but i can't think of them right now. if you listen to bonnie speak, she constantly praises hailey but then throws in a sideways comment about hannah.
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

She posted on facebook once about reading forums like this and was happy they were mostly positive, can't blame anyone for reading... it is when they make sock puppet accounts that are the issue... anyway, I don't fault her for taking Hailey but not Hannah, she explains her reasoning pretty in depth but honestly, why should Hailey suffer because of her sister? Hailey often has to be waiting in hospitals because Hannah is sick. I honestly think when those girls watch these videos as adults all they will be left with is knowing how much their mom loves them and how much she has done for them, if I was Bonnie I would be in the fetal position in the corner of a dark room crying. She doesnt seem resentful or bitter at all, she never says why me.
justsamma
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by justsamma »

I'll come out of lurking for this one. I bigpuffyredheart Bonnie. As a micropreemie myself, who has lasting health issues, I feel like she gives me a view of what my mother went through plus some.
I haven't watched the video about her trip, but I can understand completely why she would take Hailey & leave Hannah home. It'll give her some one on one time with Hailey while still allowing her to have adult interactions & such without the stress, stress, worry, work & such of caring for Hannah solo.
I'm going to assume without watching the video (yet) that Hannah will be with her Mom. This also gives Hannah one on one time with her Grandmother without Hailey around.

I'm totally Team Bonnie. She is one of the very few mommy vloggers I don't hate watch.
ohgoodness
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ohgoodness »

CamilaCabello wrote:She stated a few vlogs ago that since she had a new camera, she was going to record all the stories about the pregnancy and such that she never did.
I know that but the way she address the topic, how the tone of her voice changed just came off like she was I guess explaining herself.
vidwatcher
Amateur
Amateur

WheresMyCoffee wrote:She posted on facebook once about reading forums like this and was happy they were mostly positive, can't blame anyone for reading... it is when they make sock puppet accounts that are the issue... anyway, I don't fault her for taking Hailey but not Hannah, she explains her reasoning pretty in depth but honestly, why should Hailey suffer because of her sister? Hailey often has to be waiting in hospitals because Hannah is sick. I honestly think when those girls watch these videos as adults all they will be left with is knowing how much their mom loves them and how much she has done for them, if I was Bonnie I would be in the fetal position in the corner of a dark room crying. She doesnt seem resentful or bitter at all, she never says why me.
Amen to that. I'm fairly certain that I would cry a lot if I were her. I totally agree with everything you said. It's a really hard situation and I think she handles it incredibly well. At least Hannah will have one on one time with Grandma for the weekend! No one can really know how the girls feel about the situation right now, I'm sure as they grow older, they will both know that they are loved and that Bonnie did the best she could for them. If Hannah does have any sadness regarding this one 3 day trip, I'm sure Bonnie can help her through it. The girls seem to love going to Grandma's house though so she may not care? Hopefully, if Hannah is trach free in the coming year, they can all go on a plane trip together.
ashley21
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ashley21 »

i want her money! not judging either i just wish i could afford half the things she has.
but seriously that DSLR, now a new phone, talking about wanting a macbook, the trip to her friends with one of the twins, the constant trips to target, and talking about wanting to move. easily a good $1500 + since december. im jealous, hair stylists must make a lot more where she works.
Wagurl
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Wagurl »

ashley21 wrote:i want her money! not judging either i just wish i could afford half the things she has.
but seriously that DSLR, now a new phone, talking about wanting a macbook, the trip to her friends with one of the twins, the constant trips to target, and talking about wanting to move. easily a good $1500 + since december. im jealous, hair stylists must make a lot more where she works.
She WANTS a MacBook, she doesn't have it. And target is going out of business in Canada and is super cheap. I don't think she has "money" like you think.
ashley21
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ashley21 »

Defensive much. Holy. Never said I didn't like the girl.
Okay forget the macbook and the target trips. There's still the $800-$950 DSLR, the $300 new phone, the trip. Now I get it you need to treat yourself. Never said she's doing anything wrong I said im jealous of her. Wooow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wagurl
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Wagurl »

ashley21 wrote:Defensive much. Holy. Never said I didn't like the girl.
Okay forget the macbook and the target trips. There's still the $800-$950 DSLR, the $300 new phone, the trip. Now I get it you need to treat yourself. Never said she's doing anything wrong I said im jealous of her. Wooow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not being defensive, I'm correcting your false information. And you shouldn't be jealous... Like I said, I don't think she has money like you think she does.

Return to “A-H”