April and Davey

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: April and Davey

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I just can't handle Daisy mugging for the camera. Maybe it's her age, or she is encouraged by her parents, or whatever. But for instance, when they were on the cruise, and Ender was talking, she was standing in front of him making faces. I know it's hard to just stand there while your brother is talking, but just stop.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Wow, the number of views when they're with 8 Passengers triples at least. And they got 24K new subscribers in the past 30 days. According to Social Blade, that's up 763%. No wonder they're trying so hard to be bestest best friends with Ruby.

Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Tiger27 »

Davey said on twitter today, "I don't drink alcohol but if I did, I would be drinking a lot today". Then another tweet with a letter from youtube saying their kids channel is being shut down due to three offensive videos. It's part of the crack down after Buzzfeed exposed that sick dad basically abusing his children for views last week (check out buzzfeed or Phil Defranco to hear the story). Their channel stopped making those creepy superhero videos but they still had them up...now they're all gone, as well as their other kid's try videos. That's got to be a major blow to their income. I sort of feel bad for them but also, those superhero kid videos are so freaking weird, I'm glad there is starting to be a crackdown on creepy kids channels.
calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by calliepaige »

A part of me feels really bad for them. Nothing on their kids channel has been inappropriate, they found a niche that worked and others had to eff that up and make it disgusting. I hope they can find their thing again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

calliepaige84 wrote:A part of me feels really bad for them. Nothing on their kids channel has been inappropriate, they found a niche that worked and others had to eff that up and make it disgusting. I hope they can find their thing again

I agree. There are some sick channels out there but I didn't find their videos to be bad.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I just can't. "Thanksgiving Was Ruined". No. No it wasn't. You were late getting to the family meal because you didn't make your stupid fruit cup ahead of time. So there was no food left, and you had to go to Denny's. You still have your family together, you have your nice house where you can go in the hot tub. You got to spend the whole day with your family. Thanksgiving was not "ruined". I had to work. One of my friends made me a big plate with lots of yummy food. Even working, I didn't say my Thanksgiving was "ruined". These people make me sick.

ytdramaqueen
Informer
Informer

Unread post by ytdramaqueen »

I used to watch them before the latest baby was born. I recently checked up because I forgot they existed (most boring family ever omfg) and saw Roberta. WTF WHY ARE THEY POSTING LIKE SHE'S FAMILY????? How do you get an exchange student if you have no student of your own to exchange???? Why is Davey so creepy???? I have so many questions

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

ytdramaqueen wrote:I used to watch them before the latest baby was born. I recently checked up because I forgot they existed (most boring family ever omfg) and saw Roberta. WTF WHY ARE THEY POSTING LIKE SHE'S FAMILY????? How do you get an exchange student if you have no student of your own to exchange???? Why is Davey so creepy???? I have so many questions

I don't get the exchange student thing either. At my high school, you had to have a student in the school to have an exchange student. Unless she's going to their Mormon private school...

Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

When I was 10 we hosted an exchange student from China. Nobody in my family was ever an exchange student. You can sign up to be a host without having a student yourself to send off.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Defuego wrote:When I was 10 we hosted an exchange student from China. Nobody in my family was ever an exchange student. You can sign up to be a host without having a student yourself to send off.
We had an exchange student from Greenland live with us. I didn't have to go to Greenland, but someone in our house had to go to the school she went to, which I did. I guess it just depends on the program.

ytdramaqueen
Informer
Informer

Unread post by ytdramaqueen »

I guess it's not too far fetched but it's still strange people with so many kids would take another one in and then act like they're part of the family in every photo they take. When the kids grow up they'll be like who's this girl in all our family photos???

Commentator6186
Wallflower
Wallflower
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Commentator6186 »

I can't help but wonder what Roberta's family thinks about her being dragged to church every Sunday for church and lessons. It must be very weird for her if she isn't LDS (i think someone mentioned that before?). It must be weird for her to be thrust into this Utah Mormon lifestyle. It is probably a very drastic change from her life in Spain. She overall seems to be a lot more worldly than April and Davey and I found her reaction to the dating comment and if she had ever heard of it before highly amusing. That kid is forever rolling her eyes about this country. Poor thing thinks we all live this sheltered lifestyle.

She seems like a spirited teenager, so I find it very weird that she chose this family as the one she wanted to live with. I know 16 year old me would have put a big X next to the name of a family with so many little kids. She's basically a "Mothers helper" at the house. April even alluded to that. Lucky for Zane, she'll fulfill the "woman's role" in that she'll do the housekeeping that he would have otherwise been expected to do, simply because she's a girl. He won the jackpot really.
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

^ I would think it would be strange too, especially being put on Youtube, she would have had to have known about them being on Youtube right? I wouldn't want my child put with a family that put their life on the internet.
boredmamaneedsdrama
Informer
Informer

Unread post by boredmamaneedsdrama »

thenightowl wrote:^ I would think it would be strange too, especially being put on Youtube, she would have had to have known about them being on Youtube right? I wouldn't want my child put with a family that put their life on the internet.
Roberta said she watched their vlogs before, so she definitely knew them.
username320
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by username320 »

I looked Roberta up because they said she was one of the best skiers in Spain and I wanted to see her times, her dad is some big movie producer, very interesting to me.
ReginaPhalange
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ReginaPhalange »

username320 wrote:I looked Roberta up because they said she was one of the best skiers in Spain and I wanted to see her times, her dad is some big movie producer, very interesting to me.
Wow, where did you find that? I don't know her last name.

Gesendet von meinem TA-1024 mit Tapatalk
Commentator6186
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Commentator6186 »

Honestly, I think Roberta is absolutely adorable. I think she has a great sense of humor and seems pretty relaxed. I just am so surprised that she decided to be a part of this specific family. Nothing against April and Davey, I actually like them, but it's weird she'd want to be surrounded by kids. I wouldn't want to be helping little kids like Ender clean their rooms in my spare time.

I'm not surprised she's from a family like that. Like I said before, she seems very worldly to me.

I do think April and Davey are good hosts though. They seem to really care about her.
username320
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by username320 »

I think they're good hosts too, and her point of view will broaden theirs, her last name is Campoy, I hope that's not against the rules, it's her Instagram name too.
seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by seriously7 »

Kinda figures that she would be from a more well off family.
Averybaileyclark
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Averybaileyclark »

lmmomSD wrote:Wow, the number of views when they're with 8 Passengers triples at least. And they got 24K new subscribers in the past 30 days. According to Social Blade, that's up 763%. No wonder they're trying so hard to be bestest best friends with Ruby.

April and Davey have known them for a while and they work just as hard as 8 Passengers do. They upload a vlog every single day even though they haven't been getting that big of a reward in the end.

Return to “A-H”