• Advertisement

Andrea Mills

Re: Andrea Mills

Postby onbreak » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:40 pm

In the homeschooling circles in run in, I see people praising her for her organization. Not once have I heard her called healthy.

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
onbreak
Guru Gossiper

Advertisement

Postby gibberish » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:18 pm

cookingmama wrote:
99RedBalloons wrote: I agree that Eden needs new clothes, it would really help if she lost a little bit of weight, maybe she will in a few years and this could be puppy fat? Thomas has weight on too though so maybe she's following after him weight wise seeing as Asher and Judah are slim. I can barely watch Eden go around when it seems like she is constantly trying to pull up her jeans, I know how annoying that can be but then with her little tummy sticking out too it's a bit too much. She must be uncomfortable trying to squeeze into those clothes.

Thomas has slimmed down a little in my opinion, I think it's because of his new job and him actually moving around. But poor Eden does look uncomfortable all the time! She's wearing clothes that are probably one or two sizes too small, she's a sweet girl and I'm tempted to send a few shirts her way so that she's not uncomfortable anymore. I have noticed nobody except maybe Solomon and below has clothes that actually fit well.

Thomas does look like he's lost some weight, looks good. Re: Eden's clothes, the last Wed of every month is Andrea's big monthly shopping trip to Walmart. April is when she does the big spring clothing shop. She said the clothes shop may be postponed a wk or 2 depending on when Hannah comes. So, it seems new clothing is being planned for.
gibberish
Amateur

Postby gibberish » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:54 pm

Thur is Andrea's day to shop at the local grocery store. She gets meat, fresh vegetables, fresh fruit, organic eggs etc there. She keeps a fruit bowl on the table. Apples, oranges and bananas. In the fridge strawberries, blueberries and grapes.

She buys 3-4 of those big boxes of Go-Gurt at Walmart. I know in the past she made home made yogurt and baked muffins.

I see the junk snacks too. Just wanted to mention that there is a choice of healthier snacks available.
gibberish
Amateur

Postby kaylnoel » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:20 pm

Go-Gurt is pretty high in sugar and has high fructose corn syrup so I don’t count that amongst the healthy snacks but it’s good that there are fresh fruits available. I’ve watched her hauls quite a bit though I feel like it’s been a while since I’ve seen the local grocery store? Maybe I don’t make it all the way through the video or a very obvious possibility is that she doesn’t film every little shopping trip or Tom goes.

I mean honestly, she does a lot. It must be exhausting. Homeschooling so many children and running a household and now being pregnant... I probably would indulge in the easiness of junk food too. I don’t see how she does it all.

Another thing I like is seeing her drive through town. This probably sounds lame but I live in NJ right near Philadelphia and have for most of my life so her small town is so different from anywhere I’ve ever lived. It fascinates me. I can’t imagine living so far from big stores and malls or hospitals though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
kaylnoel
Informer

Postby gibberish » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:23 pm

Her local grocery trips are usually shorter videos or included with other activities from the week. She takes all the kids with her while Tom stays home and makes/cooks pizza and bread sticks for dinner. I don't think she films every weekly trip tho, probably because she has all 8 kids with her. lol.

Yes, she does a lot, but to me it seems like she really enjoys everything about it.

I grew up in a fairly small town, but not as small as hers. It's a whole different world. You know everyone and they know you. That's both good and bad. haha. Ppl are nosy and word gets around about a kid who gets out of line. But generally kids have a lot more freedom, to walk to the store, school, ride bikes. Things considered dangerous in a big town.

On her drives on the highway, I love seeing the emptiness of the country side. Really beautiful country! I think she said Walmart was about 30 miles away and the nearest hospital that delivered babies was an hour away.
gibberish
Amateur

Postby brittneypretty6 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:40 am

gibberish wrote:Her local grocery trips are usually shorter videos or included with other activities from the week. She takes all the kids with her while Tom stays home and makes/cooks pizza and bread sticks for dinner. I don't think she films every weekly trip tho, probably because she has all 8 kids with her. lol.

Yes, she does a lot, but to me it seems like she really enjoys everything about it.

I grew up in a fairly small town, but not as small as hers. It's a whole different world. You know everyone and they know you. That's both good and bad. haha. Ppl are nosy and word gets around about a kid who gets out of line. But generally kids have a lot more freedom, to walk to the store, school, ride bikes. Things considered dangerous in a big town.

On her drives on the highway, I love seeing the emptiness of the country side. Really beautiful country! I think she said Walmart was about 30 miles away and the nearest hospital that delivered babies was an hour away.
She said in her newnhomeschool vlog that she makes Thomas pay for the heating now instead of the bread. That is so crazy to me. He can't make very much off of his job. I wonder how much the bill is... She says it's because tom felt built about spending his money on selfish things when he was younger but it's the kids first job! I say let him be a little selfish. Especially having to share and grow up with that many brothers and sisters.

Sent from my SM-S737TL using Tapatalk
brittneypretty6
Amateur

Postby DoodleBop2 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:31 pm

I'm surprised how popular she is. The beliefs seem to be all over the map some of which are pretty scary.
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper

Postby gibberish » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:39 pm

brittneypretty6 wrote:
gibberish wrote:Her local grocery trips are usually shorter videos or included with other activities from the week. She takes all the kids with her while Tom stays home and makes/cooks pizza and bread sticks for dinner. I don't think she films every weekly trip tho, probably because she has all 8 kids with her. lol.

She said in her newnhomeschool vlog that she makes Thomas pay for the heating now instead of the bread. That is so crazy to me. He can't make very much off of his job. I wonder how much the bill is... She says it's because tom felt built about spending his money on selfish things when he was younger but it's the kids first job! I say let him be a little selfish. Especially having to share and grow up with that many brothers and sisters.

When I first read Thomas was buying the family bread, I was pretty startled. However, when I listened more and then thought about it, I see that she is trying to raise her kids to be financially responsible...and not think money grows on trees. Ppl have to put out effort to earn money, but just because you earned it, it's not good to blow every penny you make. And it's also a good lesson to notice others needs.

In 'How We Budget for our Family of Ten // Home-Based Income' (Jan 17, 2017) - She budgets $40. a month for Natural Gas. ~ about 4:30 into the video.

Thomas 1st ck was $59. The second was about $90. Out of the $90. he gave $60. to Asher to buy a computer game. In 'The Sun Sets on Another Week with No Baby' @ 15:15 the older 4 boys are playing on their computers. Andrea says Thomas (his idea) has since bought himself, Asher, Judah and Justus all the same game so they can all play together. $240.

While buying the bread for the family, Thomas has also saved enough to buy himself a used car. I think they started paying him at age 13 for his work in the family business. In addition Andrea pays weekly for chores...on a system per minute. Each child is evaluated on performance, attitude etc to determine rate of pay. They are reevaluated periodically so each child can get a pay increase as they improve. They can spend the chore money as they want on what they want.

Oh, I do like that Thomas has opened his own checking account. She's teaching him how to fill out the check register. She said he used his debit card for the first time. He also paid the natural gas bill. Then she showed him how to deduct those transactions and keep up with the balance. Good to learn early with her watchful eye. So many young ppl get in trouble with credit cards and overdrawn accounts.
gibberish
Amateur

Postby Lucky-one » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:57 am

brittneypretty6 wrote:

I bet the heating bill is pretty low. They live in a small house and with all those people in it all the time! Plus Andrea has said they like it cool. I live in a home that’s similar size as Andrea’s (but with 3 people) and our heat barely kicked on this winter (mid-Atlantic region). They are frugal people too, so they are probably careful about their bills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lucky-one
Talker

Postby Iammrsnesbitt » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:53 am

Lucky-one wrote:
brittneypretty6 wrote:

I bet the heating bill is pretty low. They live in a small house and with all those people in it all the time! Plus Andrea has said they like it cool. I live in a home that’s similar size as Andrea’s (but with 3 people) and our heat barely kicked on this winter (mid-Atlantic region). They are frugal people too, so they are probably careful about their bills.

Yeah, she said it was only a couple dollars more thank he was paying for bread so I agree, it can’t be much. I kind of thought that was weird too though
Iammrsnesbitt
True Gossiper

Postby Tiger27 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:04 pm

I’m sorry...she says she knows/heard of people with pregnancies that have gone to 45 to 48 weeks?! I call absolute bullshit. Their dates were wrong. If you aren’t monitored by a midwife/OB, you can make up whatever due date you want. She continues to imply that if something goes wrong with this birth, it will just be chalked up to God’s will and she’ll be at peace with it. I have a hard time believing she’ll really feel that way if Hannah is adversely affected by her birth practices. Being faithful is one thing, but God gave us modern medicine and science to prevent tragedies. I’d also like to see some of these studies she keeps referencing to support her points as well. A simple google search yields results from credible sources that refute her claims. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3991404/
Tiger27
Gossiper

Postby Baconsgirl » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:16 pm

I do think her dates are wrong, but if they aren’t I hope she gets medical intervention

Baconsgirl
Gossiper

Postby msmarbles » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:22 pm

OMG I totally agree... that is just ridiculous. I know of providers that are fine with pregnancies going to 42 weeks, but with NSTs. She says that she trusts everything will be okay, and it might, but plenty of women and babies die without proper medical care.

Did you notice in today's video that Andrea mentioned going clothing shopping with Eden? I wonder if she reads here. If so, please, Andrea... at least go in and get yourself and the baby checked out.
msmarbles
Amateur

Postby violet-kelsey black » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:31 am

Has she mentioned anything about doing a birth vlog?

violet-kelsey black
Guru Gossiper

Postby notyomama » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:45 am

Im sure she's noticed Eden's outgrown her clothes, she said it was their regular time to buy seasonal clothes. She just seems to have realized Eden is big enough now that she needs to try clothes on not just buy the size she "should" be in as we all know all clothing isn't cut the same.

Also she's not even 42 weeks with a history of late babies I don't see any reason to be overly worried. If I hadn't had an early US with this pregnancy because of past MC I'd think I was nearly 3 weeks ahead of where I am by my first positive test, my dates don't make any sense by ovulation but Im in my 3rd trimester now.
notyomama
Amateur

Postby OldHag » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:29 pm

Andrea has me a nervous wreck, lol. Was glad to see that she and baby are apparently okay. I think she's in denial about the real risks of unattended homebirth especially with her having had so many babies, and also the risks of her "slight" high blood pressure and obesity.

Also, even midwives with 1000's of births attended always bring an assistant. The fact that she and Tom are doing this alone is so irresponsible. I believe she said a while back that the nearest hospital is 100 miles away? She says "things happen" and God has a plan, but why would she be okay with something happening that doesn't have to?! As another person posted, Andrea could see it as God also invented modern medicine so way fewer babies are dying than in her Grandma's time.

Eden looked cute in those high-waisted dresses she was wearing in recent vlogs, and the dresses look comfortable.
OldHag
Talker

Postby onbreak » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:23 pm

I have a midwife who birthed her #s 6-9 at home by herself

Im staying optimistic

FB_IMG_1524712820358.jpeg

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper

Postby Tiger27 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:01 pm

The nearest hospital is 100 miles away?! That makes it even worse. Dear god where do they live?

Andrea’s not a midwife. She has a book laid out and ready on birth emergencies that she plans to flip through in case things go wrong. No big deal if she’s hemorrhaging or baby’s blue or aspirated meconium, she’ll certainly have time to flip through her book and provide life saving care as she waits for an ambulance.

Being 41+ weeks is not what concerns me, it’s being 41 weeks and having absolutely no health care provider monitoring her. She’s prepared to wait out this baby for another month if she has to. Despite whatever studies she is finding to support her claims, real scientific evidence tells us what she is doing is dangerous. Whether she likes to admit it or not, she is putting herself and baby in a very risky situation.
Tiger27
Gossiper

Postby kaylnoel » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:05 pm

I worry about her being in labor and something going wrong with not only Hannah but with Andrea. Is Tom equipped and willing to flip through those same books? How educated is he on this matter? I would be going insane with worry if I were him. Andrea is a bit older, this is her ninth child and she’s had no medical care. What happens if something goes wrong with her after birth and she passes out or something like that where she can’t guide him? Is he going to carry her out to the car and drive 100 miles to the closest hospital?

Ugh. Thinking about it hurts my heart because Heaven forbid something happens to Andrea. What would those children do?

kaylnoel
Informer

Postby YellowSweater1950 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:54 am

Yeah, it may be due to me being younger, but I wasn’t going to get NST’s until after 42 weeks. She is a day past 42 weeks if her DD was April 12.

My baby came almost at 42 weeks. No hints of labor until it was real labor...but it was a loooong labor. I received standard care up until labor.

(Yes, I know she’s not getting standard care, but my midwives simply checked heart rate, made me check movements. No internal checking, ultrasounds, etc.)
YellowSweater1950
Informer

Postby YellowSweater1950 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:55 am

For those who live rural, most likely they would have a medical helicopter sent out. Most likely they have one stationed locally that would be at their house faster, and then flown to the hospital.
YellowSweater1950
Informer

Postby kaylnoel » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:38 pm

YellowSweater1950 wrote:For those who live rural, most likely they would have a medical helicopter sent out. Most likely they have one stationed locally that would be at their house faster, and then flown to the hospital.

That’s interesting, I actually never knew that’s what they did. It’s good they have an alternative than an emergent patient traveling so far. I did go back and watch Claudia’s birth story about why she gave birth in a hospital. It seems Tom was rather panicked then and she was devastated by her hospital birth. I feel like there’s a possibility she wouldn’t seek help for high blood pressure if it occurred with this pregnancy out of fear that the same thing would happen. I pray that I’m wrong.

Hopefully Hannah will be here soon, happy and healthy. I can’t wait cause I don’t even know this lady and I feel so anxious about the whole situation, lol.

kaylnoel
Informer

Postby melodysunshine64 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:53 pm

I am very concerned at her lack of judgement over this pregnancy. The reality is she is 39 years of age, obese and this is her ninth pregnancy. God gives us men/women with degrees in the medical field. We are blessed to have doctors who have the degree to help us in times of need. How does she know that this baby is not breech or worse still transverse? She doesn't. She is putting her life, the life of the unborn child she is carrying; her other eight children in jeopardy of losing her to child birth. We are living in the 21st century and not the dark ages!

She is NOT healthy, very obese and not qualified to decide what is best for her or her baby. I live in Australia and she would go before the courts charged with neglect if she lived here.

I have tried in the past to address Tom's ideas on faith to no avail. They believe that Jesus Christ has already returned and will not come again. That is why they have home church. I have studied their theology and it is strange to say the least. It seems in all things they rebel against the norm.

She is NOW sixteen days overdue and I can truthfully say I am very, very concerned for Hannah and the rest of the children. Adults have 'free choice' and they will reap the consequences of their choices. The children don't have any 'free choice' and could likely lose their mother due to her stupidity.
melodysunshine64
Amateur

Postby OldHag » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:14 pm

I have a feeling Hannah has been born and Tom or Thomas put up today's video (there is a typo in it) just so they can catch their breath and post a video about Hannah when they have a chance. There is no way she is still pregnant with a good outcome. Is unassisted birth legal?? I would guess they would be very resistant to seek medical care at this point because doctors would be angry at them for not having prenatal care.

I'm curious about the comment that they believe Jesus has already returned and that's why they have home church?? Please explain? Not clear which religions believe that.
OldHag
Talker

Postby melodysunshine64 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:57 am

I watched this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWYVeADedNM

Tom is the one talking here. I listened carefully to all of this video and then commented on it. Tom came back and told me that Jesus is not coming again and that Revelation was finished in 70 AD. He said the kingdom is now Jesus'. We haggled over this for a few posts and then he deleted his comments.

I would suggest you listen to the video carefully especially the end. He concludes that Daniel and Revelation have already been fulfilled. I disagree with him and believe in a historical understanding of Daniel and Revelation. In essence; Daniel and Revelation is the history of the world up till the Second Coming.

This is one of the pastor's they listen to regarding the idea of Revelation being in future and disagreeing with this idea. He believes that Jesus has already come: https://www.youtube.com/user/MrDonPreston/discussion
melodysunshine64
Amateur

PreviousNext

• Advertisement

Return to A-H