Parsnips and Parsimony

weed
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Parsnips and Parsimony

Unread post by weed »

John looked so out of place and uncomfortable when they once again took ALL the kids to the midwife appointment. Why would you place your 13 year old son in that position? I'm sure there could be a better use of his time. This is Janelle's 8th baby. Does she really need Art and all the kids to be there for her checkup ... and why would she want them to be?
weed
Informer
Informer

Unread post by weed »

Why did they wait so long to take Mary to the hospital? Instead of getting her medical help before her temperature spiked so high, Janelle simply rang her MIDWIFE for advice? Huh? A midwife for a child's medical issue?

I'm not surprised it was probably a spider bite the way those kids run around picking up insects and crawlies all over the place. I don't mean that in a negative way as I think all kids need to experience such things and it is good to see them outside in nature, but I'm just surprised that Janelle said none of them have ever had a spider bite before.

That vlog about teaching the kids to swim was very misleading. All Art was doing by throwing those coins into their friend's pool was messing up their pol and encouraging the kids to go under water for them. That is NOT teaching kids to swim, it is getting them used to water (a good thing for water safety of course, but not teaching them how to swim). The only time they ever get to go swimming (apart from those sad glimpses of them sitting in water barrels) is when they mooch on their friends and use their free pool. Would they ever consider taking them to a pool where they would have to pay? nope .. too stingy.

I also noticed that Janelle walked off to play with Lillian while she said that everyone else was packing up. Once again she leaves all the work to her husband and kids.
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by DoodleBop2 »

I'll never understand why so many of these parents think they're good for rejecting medical help. Besides seeing a doctor after so many kids and being some sort of EMT you'd think she'd know how what to do to keep a fever down.
dahell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by dahell »

DoodleBop2 wrote:I'll never understand why so many of these parents think they're good for rejecting medical help. Besides seeing a doctor after so many kids and being some sort of EMT you'd think she'd know how what to do to keep a fever down.
I don’t know either but it’s a real thing. Even in real life parents are almost apologetic for seeking sick/hurt care. They act like it’s admitting defeat. I try to hold off when possible (I used to overreact, plus despite astronomical insurance premiums healthcare is extremely expensive) but I’m darn sure to get help when we need it. I wouldn’t hesitate because of cost or otherwise.
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Doesn't surprise me Janelle rejects science she also went on a rant about "poison" in cereal because she believes the EWG. :?
weed
Informer
Informer

Unread post by weed »

Another day, another visit to several garage sales to buy useless things to build that clutter level back up in the house. Oh what a life! Did anyone notice the look on Janelle's face and her excitement when they were walking into the first one? She was practically salivating with pleasure at the thought of looking through other people's rubbish yet again. LOL
dahell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by dahell »

weed wrote:Another day, another visit to several garage sales to buy useless things to build that clutter level back up in the house. Oh what a life! Did anyone notice the look on Janelle's face and her excitement when they were walking into the first one? She was practically salivating with pleasure at the thought of looking through other people's rubbish yet again. LOL
Surely you must be mistaken! They’ve learned their lesson! They “tidy up” all the time! They only look or get something they absolutely need at stores/sales now. Right? Lol, Janelle DOES get super giddy about sales and buying stuff doesn’t she?

Unread post by Guest »

Janelle is a child; of course she gets excited at the prospect of buying junk.
weed
Informer
Informer

Unread post by weed »

You are so right. She has never grown up really.
HubertCumberdale
Talker
Talker

Unread post by HubertCumberdale »

Art seems pretty dang annoyed that the kids were out there while he worked on the car. He kind of snapped at Lydia for not holding the camera still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
weed
Informer
Informer

Unread post by weed »

I don't blame him one bit for being annoyed. Lillian was right in his way taking all his nuts and bots and Lydia was in his face with that camera interrupting the poor man every time he tried to do anything. I'm surprised he has as much patience as he does really. Wouldn't you think they would get that baby away from the van when he is working on it up on a jack like that? why couldn't she be inside with Janelle instead of right beside him when he was trying to work under the van? it must take him so long to get anything done with all those kids constantly on top of him.
dahell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by dahell »

weed wrote:I don't blame him one bit for being annoyed. Lillian was right in his way taking all his nuts and bots and Lydia was in his face with that camera interrupting the poor man every time he tried to do anything. I'm surprised he has as much patience as he does really. Wouldn't you think they would get that baby away from the van when he is working on it up on a jack like that? why couldn't she be inside with Janelle instead of right beside him when he was trying to work under the van? it must take him so long to get anything done with all those kids constantly on top of him.
I seriously can’t bring myself to watch these days. But, COME ON, Janelle can’t even go for a walk with the kids. She gets to go alone. She gets to be alone for a lot of things it seems (but oddly brings them all to things that make sense to be alone....midwife, Kohl’s). I’m all for moms getting some alone time. But Art can’t even fix the car without kids messing with the nuts and bolts?! Geez. I know he likes the kids around and likes to show them stuff but sometimes you just need to do stuff alone. Even for safety’s sake. But, if let the cameras roll he must not care a whole bunch? Unless that’s just one way to keep the girl occupied?
weed
Informer
Informer

Unread post by weed »

I was shocked to see that in the latest vlog when they went to the Aldi opening, Janelle bought lots of boxes of tissues. I thought with the limit they put on toilet paper (two sheets per person) and the fact that they do cloth nappies, they would not buy tissues, but rather do handkerchiefs. Apparently they don't. It has made me wonder if they also buy paper towels.

I am very frugal (one of the reasons I continue to watch them) and wouldn't dream of buying tissues or paper towels. I also do cloth wipes for "no 1s" in the bathroom ... LOL. I know that isn't everyone's "thing", but I thought for sure that Janelle and Art would save money in that way. Maybe they aren't as hard-core frugal as I thought they were? They carry on as if they are, but they really aren't if they are buying paper products.
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I have a feeling the rationing of the toilet paper is a thing Janelle needs to control. She's very controlling of a lot of odd aspects of the kids lives. Not like she has to wash the underwear of small children after they don't wipe good enough that's Art or Charity's job.
gibberish
Informer
Informer

Unread post by gibberish »

I buy tissues when I find them at a good price / on sale. I keep 2 kinds of tissues on hand. The regular box for occasional one-time use...as a nose blow, sneeze, etc. The other kind of tissue I keep on hand has aloe or lotion added, which we use for colds etc. that require several days usage. Otherwise, the facial skin becomes red and sore from repeated wiping / blowing. Comfort.

Stocking up at a good price...doesn't mean a person can't also regulate the use. ;)
weed
Informer
Informer

Unread post by weed »

I don't think that that people shouldn't buy tissues ... I have some on stock always for visitors ... but it just surprises me that they do when they are so frugal. They are SO frugal with toilet paper that I suppose I just expected the same with tissues, but then again Art DID say that they were for Janelle to use. Maybe the kids use hankies and Janelle is the only one who gets to use the tissues? LOL Wouldn't surprise me as she has a habit of having things just her own use and no one else. She seems to have one rule for herself and another for Art and the kids.
dahell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by dahell »

weed wrote:I was shocked to see that in the latest vlog when they went to the Aldi opening, Janelle bought lots of boxes of tissues. I thought with the limit they put on toilet paper (two sheets per person) and the fact that they do cloth nappies, they would not buy tissues, but rather do handkerchiefs. Apparently they don't. It has made me wonder if they also buy paper towels.

I am very frugal (one of the reasons I continue to watch them) and wouldn't dream of buying tissues or paper towels. I also do cloth wipes for "no 1s" in the bathroom ... LOL. I know that isn't everyone's "thing", but I thought for sure that Janelle and Art would save money in that way. Maybe they aren't as hard-core frugal as I thought they were? They carry on as if they are, but they really aren't if they are buying paper products.
I think they said they buy paper towel for greasy things or something. I think a roll lasts them many months to a year. Once Art put the date on the inside of the roll and was going to see how long it lasted. I don’t remember the update on that.
weed
Informer
Informer

Unread post by weed »

You're right I do remember that now. They probably haven't updated because they are still using the same roll as before.
dahell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by dahell »

weed wrote:You're right I do remember that now. They probably haven't updated because they are still using the same roll as before.
Lol, probably right!
dahell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by dahell »

Ugh, I watched the beginning of the video where the reader sent them the book they wrote. I know I’ve said this but they are the most outwordly ungrateful family/person I watch on YT. Most people who get stuff from viewers are so thankful. One I watch is so sweet and almost chokes up every time at the thought of anyone spending their money and taking their time for her. These people write a book and mention Parsnips and they’re like “oh wow, cool”. Maybe I’m being petty, I don’t expect them to jump up and down but maybe a heartfelt video of “guys, we NEVER expect this, we’re not asking for it. But we are completely blown away and thankful at how generous you all are. We never take our viewers and their kindness for granted”. Blah. Whatever. I guess if they’re not thankful in that way, why fake it? But it rubs me the wrong way every time. And, yes, their children are “grabby” as some of their commenters pointed out.

Return to “I-P”